Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
    I love Ari but her ballads don’t move me, the finger snaps in all of them drive me insane, they all sound like Touch My Body but they are BALLADS
    Oh, shut up!

Originally posted by allygdale View Post
    Do we think Chick is still coming? I really wanted to hear Mariah on “Surrender” and “Malibu”
    I'm kinda losing the faith on Chick.
    She sounded so excited on the QuestLove interview from January that I thought its release was imminent.

Comment

• I still think Chick is coming
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
        I’m so over the Christmas stuff… like just let AIWFCIY do it’s thing
        It will do its thing, but it's one of the Christmas songs I hardly ever play. I've heard it so often, I'm ready for any new Christmas song.
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Chick album has gone the way of #MC30 & #BeautifulRemix

Comment

• I wouldn’t mind a “Thot Shit” remix to SIO instrumental with Mariah

She could add dem “oooh oooh” chord backgrounds in and a new verse in full voice, like the way she does SIO live

I know some will automatically say “no” or whatever but I’m here for it, the SIO beat is PERFECT for the song

Comment

I love Ari but her ballads don’t move me, the finger snaps in all of them drive me insane, they all sound like Touch My Body but they are BALLADS

She needs Mariah to give her production notes
              Fingersnaps on ballads ? Shocking

With You is a ballad with finger snaps too and so is Languishing and also I want to know what love is. All have finger snaps. I am sure there are more too, that is just off the top of my head.

Like Mariah is the queen of fingersnaps
              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
              Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Since you guys are still discussing Ariana, I will add that I think another non-Christmas collab between them would be amazing
                Yes, I want it so bad!
                Caution meets Positions (albums) >>> eargasm!

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                  It will do its thing, but it's one of the Christmas songs I hardly ever play. I've heard it so often, I'm ready for any new Christmas song.
                  I enjoy this one A LOT.

Comment

• Speaking of Ariana she just released a “live” performance of POV on VEVO and it’s amazing. I wish Mariah would do this. A comfortable live performance with amazing visuals like she did for With You but without the anxiety of a live audience performance so she can just let her voice shine and forget about the rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                      Speaking of Ariana she just released a “live” performance of POV on VEVO and it’s amazing. I wish Mariah would do this. A comfortable live performance with amazing visuals like she did for With You but without the anxiety of a live audience performance so she can just let her voice shine and forget about the rest.
                      She did it for the WBT valentines mix.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                        Yeah.
                        I think some of us were waiting for more performances like that one.

More Ari's live performances are coming on VEVO btw, included one with Abel (that I guess it's gonna be "off the table").

Comment

• Tbh MC has already given us quite a bit this year. From the top of my head:

Music:

- WBT Valentines Mix
                          - ABMB for The Runaway Bunny
                          - Somewhat Loved
                          - Where I Belong video

Moments/Appearances:

- Twitter spaces
                          - I Know What You Want documentary
                          - Emmys FYC
                          - Billie Was A Black Woman podcast
                          - Cardi B interview

Awards:

- AAFCA Innovator Award

Other:

- Memoir re-release announcement
                          - Pride merch
                          - MC30 vinyl
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Also:

The Questlove Interview.
                            The D Nice Interview.
                            The Cardi B X Mariah Interview.

And a few interactions/viral moments on Twitter.
                            The vaccine vids, Shawn tweet, the last TikTok vid.

Comment

Like Mariah is the queen of fingersnaps
                              MOAIA is full of 'em.
                              And I love it.

Comment

• ---

Comment

Not the same energy. Her video was like a recording booth one I’m talking about a performance on stage with visuals like a real concert but without the pressure

Comment

Do we think Chick is still coming? I really wanted to hear Mariah on “Surrender” and “Malibu”
                                    I have given up my hope now. Mariah just teased us and wanted the world to know that she has always been an underrated and misrepresented artist and her talking about her alt-rock-grunge era which nobody knew about before is basically a middle-finger moment to RS magazine and certain music critics who consistently dragged her throughout the 1990s...
                                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                                      Chick album has gone the way of #MC30 & #BeautifulRemix
                                      your avatar picture.... is stabbing my soul.
                                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post

Not the same energy. Her video was like a recording booth one I’m talking about a performance on stage with visuals like a real concert but without the pressure
                                        Ariana had a green stage and a few plants. Mariah had the nice fire and a pretty room. I dont think there was anything super special about Arianas staging tbh.

Comment

Ariana had a green stage and a few plants. Mariah had the nice fire and a pretty room. I dont think there was anything super special about Arianas staging tbh.
                                          Mariah's performance wasn't "live" live. It certainly had different takes and edits.

I want another Shining Through The Rain moment from her... or another Unplugged. The Unplugged genre is only dead in America... Europe would support a second album.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• She needs to do ‘A colors show’ or ‘Tiny desk’ I know it’s a waste of time at this point but the fact there are 50x as many videos of her killing it vocally than of her ‘lip syncing’ or messing up yet she is so discredited as a vocalist is insane.

Honestly she has to take some blame too (it pains me to say).

Comment

• Some BTS fans are mad 'cause they couldn't beat Mariah's record

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Mariah's performance wasn't "live" live. It certainly had different takes and edits.

I want another Shining Through The Rain moment from her... or another Unplugged. The Unplugged genre is only dead in America... Europe would support a second album.
                                                I know. I dont think Aris was either though ? I dont really think any of the performances we have seen in corona times have been live live ? Or at least not many. Hard to know though really when so much prerecording is done.
                                                Last edited by InFamous; Tue June 22, 2021, 01:33.

Comment

It was not dissimilar to “With You” AMAs

Comment

It was not dissimilar to “With You” AMAs
                                                    Mariah kinda went all out for that one

Ari staging reminded me of that Wolves performance Selena did at the AMAs without the car and the oddness, plus vocals obvs
                                                    Last edited by InFamous; Tue June 22, 2021, 01:57.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X