Her songs with Jadakiss are top tier.

Honey (bad boy remix)
      U make me wanna
      Miss you
      We belong together (remix)

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
        It’s the eye shadow!
        I know and I love that make-up. Also the hair, the leg. Slay ma.

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
        U Make Me Wanna is such a banger
        Yasss.
        The song is a whole mood, love the vibe.

Also Mariah using her whistle as an instrument >

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
          Absolutely!

Her songs with Jadakiss are top tier.

Honey (bad boy remix)
          U make me wanna
          Miss you
          We belong together (remix)
          Yasss.

Miss You is so underrated,

And WBT Remix is a masterpiece.

Comment

• The extended version of WBT (Mimi's Valentine's Late NIght Mix) is exquisite. I can't stop listening to it this week. Her whistles are errthang, as is the scat singing she abandoned in the mid-90s.

I also can't stop listening to Where I Belong. The only thing that bothers me about this one is that Mariah's hair looked a whole mess in the video She looks like she got caught in the rain, or had gone a few rounds in the boudoir with her man. And they just filmed her that way.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                  Good lord, the analyses

If it’s a hot song with a hot feature and she’s on it, who cares about the rest
                  What makes the song hot though nowadays? It is mainly because of the fan bases. Eventually GP will catch up if it becomes trending or something which is a fanbases effort so collaboration with today's big artist will play a significant role. a great song means stability or longivity in the chart though.
                  Last edited by carey18ph; Wed June 23, 2021, 02:44.
                  A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post

What makes the song hot though nowadays? It is mainly because of the fan bases. Eventually GP will catch up if it becomes trending or something which is a fanbases effort so collaboration with today's big artist will play a significant role. a great song means stability or longivity in the chart though.
                    It has to be good!

Like Peaches by Justin Beiber is hot, he’s the only popular one on that song, and none of the other singles from the album were big hits

The Distance for example was a hit, a hot song, I hate how it was relegated to a prerelease track, it sounds like one of her No 1s

Comment

• Annnngelll turned its back

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                        Annnngelll turned its back
                        This line reminds me of Nick’s back tattoo
                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Eww and she actually says “his” back, my bad

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                            The extended version of WBT (Mimi's Valentine's Late NIght Mix) is exquisite. I can't stop listening to it this week. Her whistles are errthang, as is the scat singing she abandoned in the mid-90s.
                            She has some live scat moments tho!

Some on TECS Tour (during the LOB performances) and on this amazing impromptu:

I remember some date from Vegas where she also used a bit of scatting as well.

But yeah, we need more moments like that in the studio

Comment

• I don’t need scatting though I enjoy it

Growlriah and Vibratoiah slay my existence though

Also DeepRiah, the one that makes an appearance for the Beacon shows

Comment

Like Peaches by Justin Beiber is hot, he’s the only popular one on that song, and none of the other singles from the album were big hits
                                Gurl, I love Peaches.
                                Justin is hit or miss, but when he's on, he slays.
                                I would've loved Mariah on a track from his Purpose album - his best work to date. HE DID DAT.

---

Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                I don’t need scatting though I enjoy it

Growlriah and Vibratoiah slay my existence though

Also DeepRiah, the one that makes an appearance for the Beacon shows
                                We can get a bit of everything tho

But I love her vibrato (one of the best in the industry IMO) and when she adds more density to her voice, like the Hark! performances from Beacon '17, the power, the resonance.

I mean, SANG.

She was in full vibrato mode here.

P.S. I also love growlriah or distortionriah but better live!

Comment

• 2018 & 2019 attempts were shockingly GOOD.
                                  Like some of 'em were really AMAZING.
                                  The precision!

Mariah Carey AMAZING Cant Let Go “my SOUL” High Belts over the years

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                    2018 & 2019 attempts were shockingly GOOD.
                                    Like some of 'em were really AMAZING.
                                    The precision!

Mariah Carey AMAZING Cant Let Go “my SOUL” High Belts over the years

This is imo the best performance of CLG. This along with If It's over from the same night are some of my absolute faves.

I love the ending of If It's Over at the grammy awards but I prefer the overall body of the SNL performance.

I agree that some of the attempts in 2018 + 2019 were good, however I do find that she often lacks a conviction in her recent renditions of the song which used to be there.
                                    Everything, it only fades...

Comment

• A brand new Drake/Ariana single featuring Mariah as her 20th no. 1 would be great.
                                      But I also dont mind a brand new BTS single featuring Mariah as her 20th no. 1. But i can't imagine how bad the press. Haters would be happy. Some fans are also probably not happy.

Comment

• I'm sorry guys... you got it all wrong.

What she needs is a collab with The Beatles. That way she can definitely tie their 20 #1s...

hold on a sec... something doesn't add up!

Or, that aside a Paul McCartney collab would be great, cause the love he showed her was lovely.
                                        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by leoapp View Post
                                          A brand new Drake/Ariana single featuring Mariah as her 20th no. 1 would be great.
                                          But I also dont mind a brand new BTS single featuring Mariah as her 20th no. 1. But i can't imagine how bad the press. Haters would be happy. Some fans are also probably not happy.
                                          I think Mariah being on the verge of history may be a great motivator.

However, I see Mariah collabing with a Hip Hop artist as more likely given that we know that's the kind of music she likes and tbh, everybody who is somebody in the world of Hip Hop has a connection to her.
                                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Do we think Chick is still coming? I really wanted to hear Mariah on “Surrender” and “Malibu”
                                            I just realized that the memoir is coming out in paperback in November. They might release those songs at that time to support the release?

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                                              The extended version of WBT (Mimi's Valentine's Late NIght Mix) is exquisite. I can't stop listening to it this week. Her whistles are errthang, as is the scat singing she abandoned in the mid-90s.
                                              And that song does better than the Rarities songs, with very little promotion, with 1.5M spotify streams only in the last 4 months.

Comment

• If she ever gets another #1 it will be as a feat artist. It needs to be the lead single of another major artist new album and not the other way around. If she hops on the first single of the next album of Drake, The Weeknd or Adele it’s a relatively easy task. Yet I’m afraid her name is no longer “hot” and current ultra relevant acts are not rushing to collaborate with her… It’s like us asking for Mariah Carey to release her new single in the 90s with Diana Ross as a feat…

Comment

• I don’t think we should expect a #1 single. It seems she’s never open to collab with current hot artists. I don’t know how it works, if they don’t ask her or whatever. And nowadays current artists try to collab with hot artists too to aim for #1. And to be honest mariah now it’s just dead weight. Like Dua Lipa featured Madonna on her single and the remix did nothing, then she released another remix for the same song with a hot rapper then boom it’s one of the biggest hits of the year.
                                                  I’d just be satisfied if Mariah manage to hit top50 again or top10-20 to be more optimistic

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

June 30th.
                                                    She was raspy af that day btw.
                                                    All the better! I want Today Show Heartbreaker level of rasp with an attempt at the Hero Climax Tokyo Dome 1996!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X