Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

That was my mistake my bad, I didnt know Lauryn was credited on the Drake track. I dunno, maybe Lauryn needs those royalties more than Mariah and she refuses unless she gets credit. It's Mariahs call at the end of the day - she gave permission.
    oh you mean drake song with lauryn sample. I was refering to Mariah's STD with Lauryn. Drake also didn't gave her credit as feature. I heard she was pissed. I guess mariah wanted to be more respectful to Lauryn and gave her the main credit for royalties

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

oh you mean drake song with lauryn sample. I was refering to Mariah's STD with Lauryn. Drake also didn't gave her credit as feature. I heard she was pissed. I guess mariah wanted to be more respectful to Lauryn and gave her the main credit for royalties
      Mariah is always respectful to talented people.
      My Chart

Comment

• Comment

• Talking about breakdown song.

Comment

• So, Mariah wouldn't go to Madonna's concert... hmm... interesting.
            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

She explained in her Genius interview that she did Okay the sample and heard a snippet on the phone. She said she assumed it would be shortened and sped up. But I think this is the producer in her
              Well at least she extended her record for top 10's as a songwriter, via the song and she got some headlines from that at the time
              " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
              Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• wait, I'm just now seeing that she also didn't mention Tina Turner... who in their right mind wouldn't go to a Tina show in 1987? Miss Carey needs new taste, asap.
                My Chart

Comment

Talking about breakdown song.
                  Sounds like she's teasing an update to her memoir
                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

I was thinking that. Stevvy said she was credited on the Drake song. I was out walking so just assumed he was correct and didnt check it

Comment

I was thinking that. Stevvy said she was credited on the Drake song. I was out walking so just assumed he was correct and didnt check it
                      what do I know about Dreike? I was talking about STD, I assumed this was a Mariah thread. I guess I was wrong.

Let's discuss rock music now.
                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

what do I know about Dreike? I was talking about STD, I assumed this was a Mariah thread. I guess I was wrong.

Let's discuss rock music now.
                        The thrust of the conversation was regarding Drake, Emotionless and the use of the sample, which involves Mariah.

Comment

The thrust of the conversation was regarding Drake, Emotionless and the use of the sample, which involves Mariah.
                          This is your schtick... you were fully aware what I was talking about.
                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

This is your schtick... you were fully aware what I was talking about.
                            Stop looking for arguments, you quoted ME and I was referring to the Drake track with Lauryn, as he used the sample in a similar way on that track as he did with Mariahs one
                            Hence I said "How he was going to use it. It is the same with the Lauryn sample"

Comment

• Am I the only person sat here getting excited that she mentioned Pink Floyd?
                              I’m a huge Floyd fan and I never could have dreamed Mariah would know any of their stuff.

she keeps surprising me with this closet rock/alternative side of her.

Comment

• The stuff I’m reading about Britney is just horrendous. Glad Mariah is supporting her, she must REALLY RELATE. This was almost her life!

Comment

• Britney really is a Mariah Stan, look at the lyrics she chose…

Comment

• I fear that if Stella was around for much longer Mariah could've been in a similar position.

So happy Britney is getting her truth out there and that MC is showing support.
                                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                      Am I the only person sat here getting excited that she mentioned Pink Floyd?
                                      I’m a huge Floyd fan and I never could have dreamed Mariah would know any of their stuff.

she keeps surprising me with this closet rock/alternative side of her.
                                      I LOVE Pink Floyd too and I’m freaking out! Giving Me Life surpassed The Roof for me as my fav Mariah Song because it does sound a bit like something Pink Floyd would do.

Comment

• Love the Britney support, I wonder what Mariah’s fav Tom Petty song is?!

Mine is probably “Breakdown” or “Refugee”

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
                                          We are about to lose one of her most cherished songs, I can sense the meltdowns...
                                          14 votes in, still some more to come
                                          Vote, people! https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music-di...-round-3/page6

I don't know what that cherished song is... but I know I'll be disappointed.

If you don't know who to vote for - I have a handy "How To Vote" card in that thread. Just look for my post and copy it.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• lol InfoFromAus !!!! I just listened to the song and just felt sad about its early departure...
                                            To be fair, it's a very competitive set of songs.
                                            CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                                            FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                              I agree, IIO at SNL is my favorite live performance by her - and by any artist.
                                              That performance is hands down one of the most dynamic. The VOICE, the instrumentation, the power, the energy... her big hair. Love it!

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                              That would be amazing. But November wouldn't be a good choice for its release (I mean, Chick album).
                                              At that point AIW would eclipse any other thing (non-xmas related) that she would put out.
                                              If she's releasing SUD at some point, it has to be before October or after December, to be AT LEAST noticeable.
                                              Well, that's my opinion.
                                              My goodness!
                                              You're a genius.

That's why SUD is delayed.
                                              Mariah is re-recording AIWFCIY as an alt-rock song and putting it on the album!

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                I fear that if Stella was around for much longer Mariah could've been in a similar position.

So happy Britney is getting her truth out there and that MC is showing support.
                                                absolutely. I think so too. Mariah was basically on the verge of no return during that time. It goes to show that you can only be as stable mentally as the people that are around you allow you to be.

VULTURES. It's always about money. ALWAYS.
                                                My Chart

Comment

• For me the Time Square debacle under Stella management was a Glitter 2.0. I really thought she would never be able to recover. That her career was over. It was horrible, unprofessional answers from stella & co and her image was completely destroyed with the GP. I was really surprise to see she did not talk about it in her memoir because coming back the next year and slaying was a real tour de force. Inspirational and an incredible comeback in the era of social media. I was there in time square for her redemption it was magical! She slayed in freezing temperatures while everyone was waiting to see her fall. It was as important as her super bowl performance. IMO It paved the way for the GP rooting for AIWFCIY. The world was reminded of the “eternal power” of MC and started to feel nostalgic.
                                                  Last edited by Xmas; Thu June 24, 2021, 00:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                                                    For me the Time Square debacle under Stella management was a Glitter 2.0. I really thought she would never be able to recover. That her career was over. It was horrible, unprofessional answers from stella & co and her image was completely destroyed with the GP. I was really surprise to see she did not talk about it in her memoir because coming back the next year and slaying was a real tour de force. Inspirational and an incredible comeback in the era of social media. I was there in time square for her redemption it was magical! She slayed in freezing temperatures while everyone was waiting to see her fall. It was as important as her super bowl performance. IMO It paved the way for the GP rooting for AIWFCIY. The world was reminded of the “eternal power” of MC and started to feel nostalgic.
                                                    reading this made me emotional.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X