Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post

Urban Adult Contemporary radio hits hardly ever translate to sales or streams
    generally that crowd tends to gravitate more towards physical sales.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
      #24 - Somewhat Loved
      253 spins
      1.145M AI
      It's approaching Where I Belong's total AI?

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

It's approaching Where I Belong's total AI?
        I dont know the peak for WIB, but I think it managed about ~2.1 - 2.2M? It started to take off on Urban and Rhythmic at different times.
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

But it doesnt seem to trabslate into more sales or more streams. Is it normal?
          Completely normal. Toni Braxton still does really well on that radio format so yeah its normal. Do It was number one. I mean it's nice but in the scheme of things its pretty irrelevant.
          " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
          Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• If it gets into the top 10... on UAC... and then they push it on AC... and discount it right after a TV performance of the song and with a new music video... may it could reach some more R&B sub-genre charts on Billboard. <3
            My Chart

Comment

• It would’ve been amazing Beyoncé handing that Grammy to Mariah that day

Comment

• I think the whole world felt bad and sorry for Mariah in 2006. Travesty.
                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                  Britney really is a Mariah Stan, look at the lyrics she chose…

Oh my god, and that’s from 1999 or earlier, so emosh

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                    If it gets into the top 10... on UAC... and then they push it on AC... and discount it right after a TV performance of the song and with a new music video... may it could reach some more R&B sub-genre charts on Billboard. <3
                    I admire that fans are still pushing this song but let's be honest, it's not it and what we need before MC16.

Her problem ever since TMB has been consolidating on hype and goodwill or building on interest in her music. The past decade has been 1 step forward 2 steps back release wise.

To truly build hype you need to land a few good wins in a row and get people talking. Take for example, Justin Bieber's Purpose....before those singles landed there was his collab with Skrillex Where Are You Now. It signalled a sonic shift and a new aesthetic for him a maturity that those who hated his Baby days took notice.

Doing more of the same, i.e. standard RnB finger snapping ballad fare is not going to interest anyone. We truly need a BANGER of the Fantasy-fun-pop kind to get the nostalgia juices flowing but to signal a new shift in music. And I think critically, followed up again with another BANGER after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

Sad but true considering her age.
                      Recent hot artists want to work with recent hot artists.
                      That's the way it goes.

but when it comes to Christmas... it's totally different story
                      They are willing to duet with Mariah bc she is considered as the queen of Christmas internationally.
                      These young artists are chasing hits and thus are more inclined these days to collab or hop on remixes with others to land a cheap #1. It's too obvious. I don't know about you but the past year seems to just be Doja Cat and Megan Stallion collaborating with every established young artist.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                        It would’ve been amazing Beyoncé handing that Grammy to Mariah that day
                        To me, one of the biggest travesties of this evening was that Mariah never got to give a televised acceptance speech. The only moment she was on stage was for her performance - thankfully to a standing ovation.

An awful series of events for MC.
                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

To me, one of the biggest travesties of this evening was that Mariah never got to give a televised acceptance speech. The only moment she was on stage was for her performance - thankfully to a standing ovation.

I wonder what she would have said in her speech... or if she had it in her to even pretend to be happy with what she had won up until the big category losses.

Instead of doing one more performance or even attending the Grammys... she should focus on something else... maybe an Asian or European Awards show. Has she ever done the Brits? Whatever, I need her back in Europe and remind people that she is still alive.
                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

These young artists are chasing hits and thus are more inclined these days to collab or hop on remixes with others to land a cheap #1. It's too obvious. I don't know about you but the past year seems to just be Doja Cat and Megan Stallion collaborating with every established young artist.
                            This has been a thing long before Doja came along or Megan. It started with Nicki, then it was Cardi and now Doja and Meg are the it girls for a verse with the B list having to settle for Sawaetie.

Comment

Mariah is getting glammed by Kris.
                              https://www.instagram.com/p/CQfrN9bhopk/

I guess she's up to a shoot or something.
                              A comedy Queen!
                              Interesting.
                              I wonder what she's up to.

Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                              I read that as 'slammed' and I was getting ready for a massive meltdown!
                              LMAOOOO same! I was like, wait a minute

He's fired tho

Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

Rhythm of the Night by De Barge!

Right?
                              Yes! #taste

I like the hair and make-up but I miss the darker and curly style already (or the braid from WBT Mix, that was a look).

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

I admire that fans are still pushing this song but let's be honest, it's not it and what we need before MC16.

Her problem ever since TMB has been consolidating on hype and goodwill or building on interest in her music. The past decade has been 1 step forward 2 steps back release wise.

To truly build hype you need to land a few good wins in a row and get people talking. Take for example, Justin Bieber's Purpose....before those singles landed there was his collab with Skrillex Where Are You Now. It signalled a sonic shift and a new aesthetic for him a maturity that those who hated his Baby days took notice.

Doing more of the same, i.e. standard RnB finger snapping ballad fare is not going to interest anyone. We truly need a BANGER of the Fantasy-fun-pop kind to get the nostalgia juices flowing but to signal a new shift in music. And I think critically, followed up again with another BANGER after that.

The past few studio albums were all mis-managed.

2009 - Memoirs... varying release dates for the album, MONTHS apart between countries and a cancelled first single (Obsessed wasn't even released in Germany and the UK as a single...)

2010 - well, an Xmas album... one cannot expect gigantic singles success...

2014 - That elusive divorce on top of that elusive injury for #B derailed it to oblivion. YME was chosen by the label as a single... it rightfully flopped, however, the album was well received by music critics.

2018 - Caution... that was her first album in the streaming era... since streaming became a charts dominating factor... without any fanfare the songs were dropped, 3 in advance... and the wrong one was chosen as the lead single - obviously. It became her best reviewed album of her entire career though... and we love to see it.

Maybe MC16 can give us some success... I'm hoping for the best. And I have no issue with R&B midtempos... it depends on the structure of the melody and overall production... WBT is one example of when they got it right. But if I can utter one wish, I'd like her to return to full on piano ballads again... or give us something unexpected... like jazz, funk, retro-R&B... whatever.

I know that I am the only person alive today who will enjoy her next album and that's OK.
                                My Chart

Comment

Somewhat Loved is racing up the UAC chart, it's incredible!

#24 - Somewhat Loved
                                  253 spins
                                  1.145M AI

Biggest gainer on the format.
                                  Great news!

Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                  But it doesnt seem to trabslate into more sales or more streams. Is it normal?
                                  Yep, it's normal.
                                  A top 10 on the format would be amazing.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                  If it gets into the top 10... on UAC... and then they push it on AC... and discount it right after a TV performance of the song and with a new music video... may it could reach some more R&B sub-genre charts on Billboard. <3
                                  I don't think they're willing to do all of that.
                                  Mariah already moved LOL.

Maybe the song can manage to sneak in the Top 10 by itself and that would be amazing.

She needs to work this format in her next releases.

Comment

It would’ve been amazing Beyoncé handing that Grammy to Mariah that day
                                    Queen supporting Queen.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                    I think the whole world felt bad and sorry for Mariah in 2006. Travesty.
                                    I can't even know what to say
                                    Like 1996 all over again.

Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Yeah, that was the worst tbh.

Her performance was so iconic tho. She took 'em to church.

Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                    Oh my god, and that’s from 1999 or earlier, so emosh
                                    Those lyrics in the current context resonate in another whole level.

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                    This has been a thing long before Doja came along or Megan. It started with Nicki, then it was Cardi and now Doja and Meg are the it girls for a verse with the B list having to settle for Sawaetie.
                                    Yeah.
                                    But sometimes it also doesn't work with dem, even if you're young and successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Queen supporting Queen.

I can't even know what to say
                                      Like 1996 all over again.

Yeah, that was the worst tbh.

Her performance was so iconic tho. She took 'em to church.

Those lyrics in the current context resonate in another whole level.

Yeah.
                                      But sometimes it also doesn't work with dem, even if you're young and successful.
                                      Well it is a boring and predictible trend. That mess Ariana did with 69 was unlistenable

Comment

• I still can’t get over how they didn’t worked Caution and TD as singles instead of WY and ANN

Comment

I still can’t get over how they didn’t worked Caution and TD as singles instead of WY and ANN
                                          It also breaks my soul. TD was / is the perfect bop off that album and Caution (title track) would have been an urban banger or is def. one of the most exciting songs of her past 15 or so years.

WY was so far detached from what the album was about and the music trends of 2018 (even in pop and R&B music) that only people who have 0 knowledge of music would have chosen the song as the lead single.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                            Well it is a boring and predictible trend. That mess Ariana did with 69 was unlistenable

Love the OG, the remix was trash.

Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                            I still can’t get over how they didn’t worked Caution and TD as singles instead of WY and ANN
                                            Caution was the obvious choice.

I prefer ANN over TD tho.

Comment

Love the OG, the remix was trash.

Caution was the obvious choice.

I prefer ANN over TD tho.
                                              I wonder what Shawni is doing these days

Comment

• I didn't know her until Mariah's "collabo".

Those ANN remixes were

Comment

I didn't know her until Mariah's "collabo".

Those ANN remixes were
                                                  exactly... for someone who used to have such a vision and ear for remixes... those last few... were pure shite.

My Chart

Comment

• Imagine how fiyah a Caution video could have been. So many possible concepts… I will never forgive them for letting some of the gems on that album go to waste

Comment

Working...
                                                    X