Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

Again, the issue is more than clothes. The issue is always putting a woman down for her own choices. I have heard comments of people judging women as a whore or bad mother or trash for her choices of clothes. So there is a misogynist component into this conversation thats why i think it is important to compare homosexuality with "clothes". If you think that calling a woman trash, whore, or no classic for the way she dress, mate you have a big problem in that brain of yours
    It's not the same saying "I don't like that outfit" than "a woman of her age shouldn't wear that" or "she's showing too much, it's offensive"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I agree.
      I have seen the same post over and over again. It's tiring and I find it offensive.
      Now Shaka, I really do not want to argue with you cos you're one of my fave lambs but you and many others in this forum regularly discuss Mariah's style and what she wears and you even used the term stripper yourself when talking about some pics of hers. So why are you suddenly so offended over something you have said yourself in the past ?

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
      Tue May 1, 2018, 14:49
      Not a fan of her facial expression tbh but I like the pose, what she's wearing, the colors. Funny cause her latest shoots for magazines are so much better IMO. But this was a big improvement in comparisson with the stripper pic.
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Mariah has a very good head voice (there's better examples than on this vid tho) but it's undeveloped 'cause she doesn't use it enough and with nodules is very hard to achieve a clean sound, that's why she relies either on falsetto or whistle - plus she's way more agile in those registers.

But when she's in good vocal shape and she attempts it, her head voice sounds gorgeous, and she can sound quite operatic if she wants to show off a bit.

P.S. sometimes she uses head voice and people confuse it with whistle.

Comment

• Originally posted by LCRiah View Post
          Hehe I’ve been lurking, but I just didn’t feel too compelled to post until now!! But missed u too Damián, I’ll hopefully be back to posting more regularly now!! <3

P.S. your style is LIT gurl.
          On the other hand I'm always almost naked on Insta so... hopefully I'm not offending anyone with my (lack of) clothes

Comment

• And the same people looking to grandstand here are also the same people who criticised Mariah recently (We Belong Together Valentine's Mix) for singing in a certain way and wished that her vocals were less auto-tuned or sounding chipmunky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

I agree with this so much! Bm08, we shouldn't accept misogynist comments on a forum, so "moving on" is not acceptable in this occasion. We need to tackle this issue with these 2 users over and over. Tbh sometimes I even think they are the same person and he changes his user to agree with himself. I find it offensive their/his comments putting down a woman, it is not about Mariah Carey anymore, it is about women in general.
              I assume I am one of the two users you are referring to so let me address. Number one I have never or rarely spoke about Mariah's clothes and I dont particularly care what she wears, my main point in replying to you was your ridiculous comparison between societies archaic view on homosexuality and clothes. Which I stand by. And I didn't "put down" Mariah or any woman.
              Number two, your accusation of me and skylynx being the same person, i think you need to reign in your imagination cos you couldnt be more incorrect with that silly accusation.

Basically, stop making false accusations against me. Thanks.

Comment

I said unfinished 'cause she added new vocals.
                Like the All I Live ending, she recorded that in 2020 (the last 20-ish seconds of the song).
                Ah ok! Gracias wapo!

Comment

On the other hand I'm always almost naked on Insta so... hopefully I'm not offending anyone with my (lack of) clothes
                  Drop that link stud

Comment

• Fine.
                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Mod Note

Discussions continue with the mod team to review the content of the last few pages and multiple infractions may be issued.

It is regretful that such a worthy discussion regarding sexuality, misogyny, fashion, music and their various intersections derailed to the point where this thread had to be locked.

I have personally raised with the moderation team to consider imposing additional penalties to posters whose contributions lead to this thread being locked given that it is unfair to other members/viewers who look to UKMIX as a source of information. At this time, it is uncertain what these additional penalties could look like or if my proposal will even be accepted. I will keep you updated on this and other matters.

An issue that has repeatedly come up is whether posters in this thread have duplicate accounts. At this time, we have no indication that this is the case. I will not go into further details about this because it may undermine our future efforts. Duplicate accounts are not allowed.

Please note that if you have a question or comment about this and any future infractions that may be received that it should be done via PM as to limit off topic discussions in Mariah's thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post

Yessss it's mine and my husbands song because it's the song that we argued over on Facebook when he was just an acquaintance. Then that lead to talking more and more so it became our song
                        Our song is Always Be My Baby. What did the two of you discuss about #Beautiful?
                        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Hello Back!

Am i the only one who is in love and know every word from mariah careys artist of the decade speech?

I'm just getting started because as an artist, and more importantly as a person, I am genuinely happy and finally, finally free to be who I really am!

That part always gets me emotional❤

Comment

Comment

Omg thank you king <3 and PLSSSS show it off we are all thankful for you blessing our feeds w it hehe
                              How bout you...

Comment

• I remember the bonus disc for MOAIA had 4 dance remixes of Obsessed, and the music videos for the main version and remix feat. Gucci Mane.

When you put it in your computer, the desktop suite had a background with all the song titles in the same handwriting style as the album name on the cover. And one of the titles on there was SKYDIVING!!

I always interpreted that as meaning the song was finished, to the point it was very almost included and taken off at the last minute

(She mentioned in an interview on BET’s 106&Park in July 2009 she had too many songs and kept going back and forth on them, so that also corroborates Skydiving may have very almost been included)

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

You can't just go to the Golden Globes or the Oscars you have to be invited.

She has not once appeared on these shows unless she was up for something or performing or part of a major movie (Precious which i'm sure Lee invited her or she begged Lee for a seat, cause they don't just give out unlimited seats)

She has not been invited to sing a tribute song (i.e. they normally do that during the In Memoriam section e.g. Celine, Lady Gaga) nor has she been invited just to present an award.

These are big events, EVERYBODY wants to be invited to these events. You can't just decide I want to attend and they will let you in.

Understandably she's not part of the acting world and thus who would bother inviting her just to present.....though I would've at least hoped for a tribute performance. Clearly, anytime they want a cross-over they can invite JLO, she ticks both boxes....a movie actress and also someone who has her own beuty as well and is in music. That's why you have JLO most of the time presenting in the music categories or perhaps costume design.
                                  Do you realize you’re assuming she wants to attend these events. She may very well not want to attend if she isn’t nominated for anything. If you haven’t noticed she only goes to bigger parties and such these days when she’s on the promo circuit. You also have no idea if they’ve ever asked her to present an award and she declined. You’re literally saying bc you don’t see her, she must not be invited. That makes no sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                    And the same people looking to grandstand here are also the same people who criticised Mariah recently (We Belong Together Valentine's Mix) for singing in a certain way and wished that her vocals were less auto-tuned or sounding chipmunky.

Such a fallacy. Her voice is her instrument and her selling point. Of course we can comment on that as long as the comments are logical and properly presented — just like how we can comment on a dancer’s dancing, a painter’s art pieces, a chef’s cooking. It’s not the same as calling someone’s way of dressing offensive or telling a woman to dress age-appropriately. I don’t want any people commenting on the way I dress when I’m 40 or 50 — especially like, Shaka, I like wearing skimpy clothes or being almost naked hehehe.

Comment

• Bitch she sang Honey from her damn SOUL... like omg that’s one of her best vocal performances ever. Not to mention that tone! One of the THE best vocals ever on a song that happens to be a huge bop.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                        Mod Note

Discussions continue with the mod team to review the content of the last few pages and multiple infractions may be issued.

It is regretful that such a worthy discussion regarding sexuality, misogyny, fashion, music and their various intersections derailed to the point where this thread had to be locked.

I have personally raised with the moderation team to consider imposing additional penalties to posters whose contributions lead to this thread being locked given that it is unfair to other members/viewers who look to UKMIX as a source of information. At this time, it is uncertain what these additional penalties could look like or if my proposal will even be accepted. I will keep you updated on this and other matters.

An issue that has repeatedly come up is whether posters in this thread have duplicate accounts. At this time, we have no indication that this is the case. I will not go into further details about this because it may undermine our future efforts. Duplicate accounts are not allowed.

Please note that if you have a question or comment about this and any future infractions that may be received that it should be done via PM as to limit off topic discussions in Mariah's thread.
                                        Looks like progress and we’ve finally made observation of the problem. Waiting for the ban on that one user always detailing this thread with bait and switch tactics. Why is he still allowed here, seriously?
                                        Can’t even post or recommend the thread to like minded fans because there is a pest that hasn’t been uprooted. Sorry.

Comment

• Mariah wanted the 7min version of WBT released already, so it wouldn't surprise me if we get it sooner rather than later.

Comment

• I hope it's part of this week's mc30

Comment

• MaryAnn's mother passed away yesterday. She posted it on her FB page
                                              Last edited by delapuerta; Tue February 16, 2021, 11:47.

Comment

• bm08 the double/duplicate-account thing is pretty obvious. It's been happening for years now and are always the same 2/3 people.
                                                I'm happy that infractions may be issued, but I hope they go for the right users.
                                                Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by David_Mimi View Post
                                                  Ah ok! Gracias wapo!
                                                  You're welcome bae!

Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                                  Am i the only one who is in love and know every word from mariah careys artist of the decade speech?
                                                  That speech is ICONIC.

"Thank you. This is all very surreal to me because honestly, it seems like not so long ago I was a kid in high school with a demo tape and a lot of determination and just really the desire to hear my songs on the radio. I didn't know about platinum or gold records or like what you have to sell to get them. I mean, I didn't even know about the Billboard charts! Sorry but I didn't know! Then it all happened so fast and it's like my life became public. I lived in the recording studios, writing and singing.
                                                  That's how I made so many records in so little time, pretty much having no life, but I'd like to thank my mom for inspiring me and thank Don Lenner and all my Columbia Records family for so much support.
                                                  And I'd like to thank all the amazingly dedicated Sony people around the world and obviously, obviously I have to thank Tommy Mottola for his support, specifically during the beginning of my career. And I have to thank everyone at Maroon Entertainment for their unparallel dedication. I've been traveling around the world, right, you know promoting "Rainbow," my new album, and it's kind of like my message of hope for the new millenium, and it's been so moving to see so many devoted fans in continents where we don't even speak the same language, where people are singing back the lyrics to me that I wrote and that means so much to me because I put all of myself into my music, so as a writer and a producer, I thank you.
                                                  And I am so grateful to God, to have overcome so many obstacles, as a multiracial person with a very disfunctional history, until recently! I am not Cinderella, my life has not been a fairytale! Forget the image, forget the ensembles, forget the rumors, forget the short skirts, big hair, whatever! I owe this to the fans and I will never forget you so I want to accept this award on behalf of all of you. We've come a long way and I feel like I'm just getting started because as an artist, and more importantly as a person, I am genuinely happy and finally, finally free to be who I really am. Thank you."

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Our song is Always Be My Baby. What did the two of you discuss about #Beautiful?
                                                    Our song was "When I Saw You" but I'm not seeing that b*tch since 2017-ish so...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X