• CatWomanRiah come thru!

Comment

• Liron is here.

I mean...

Hi!

Tell Mimi that I love her

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

P.S. look at the nails, she never uses dark colors like that, I like it!
        Had she shot ‘The Roof’ video yet? Looks like exactly the same colour as in that vid

Comment

CatWomanRiah come thru!

Not sure how to feel about this look haha

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
            Had she shot ‘The Roof’ video yet? Looks like exactly the same colour as in that vid
            Nope.
            That party was in October '97.
            She filmed The Roof on early '98.

Comment

Nope.
              That party was in October '97.
              She filmed The Roof on early '98.
              Crazy how she transitioned from the most demure dark and sultry looks during the Butterfly era to camp and pastille looks for Rainbow.

Comment

Not sure how to feel about this look haha
                Same

---

The new trailer of Free Guy is everywhere, I've seen the YT ad like 3 times today.

Fantasy sounds a lil different I think (around 0:30, the falsetto part).

Comment

Crazy how she transitioned from the most demure dark and sultry looks during the Butterfly era to camp and pastille looks for Rainbow.
                  LOL, I know!
                  And with Glitter we got a throwback yet campy look but with Charmie a more mature and classier version of herself - especially during the promo of the album.
                  Queen butterfly was in a constant metamorphosis

But nothing can top Butterfly Era IMO.

Comment

LOL, I know!
                    And with Glitter we got a throwback yet campy look but with Charmie a more mature and classier version of herself - especially during the promo of the album.
                    Queen butterfly was in a constant metamorphosis

But nothing can top Butterfly Era IMO.
                    Queen of subtle reinvention!

Comment

• Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what happened to that Youtuber who slated Mariah’s TRR/Make It Happen lockdown performance. forgot what his name was. I wonder if he ever went back and looked at Mariah’s earlier performances!

Comment

• Just read that We Belong Together was the first song to top 9 Billboard Charts simultaneously on the week of August 6th. Anyone knows the second to do so or any songs that top more charts than WBT?

Comment

• The way I once again lost when Mariah didn’t wish Ari happy birthday and zero interaction or new pic

Comment

A serve.

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve replicated this look at work. We get to keep it business casual through the week and casual on Fridays, and I’m a sucker for ankle strap heels and a blowout. It’s perfect.

Mariah probably didn’t have to buy hair to complete her look, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post
                              Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what happened to that Youtuber who slated Mariah’s TRR/Make It Happen lockdown performance. forgot what his name was. I wonder if he ever went back and looked at Mariah’s earlier performances!
                              He went back to being irrelevant and miserable.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve replicated this look at work. We get to keep it business casual through the week and casual on Fridays, and I’m a sucker for ankle strap heels and a blowout. It’s perfect.

She looks like Rachel from friends in this pic

Comment

• I was following some chart forums and read from people that the think Ed Sheeran is a chart obsessed, which has me thinking who is really desperate out of the main acts. Obviously everyone is chart obsessed (or the peopel working for them are) and wants success though I think we can put them in certain categories:

Is there anymore that you would put in the top 2 caegories?

Chart Obsessed and don't hide it (i.e. would resort to any tactic to get it)
                                  * Lil Nas X
                                  * Takeshi 9X whatever
                                  * BTS (i'm not convinced it's just the fans)
                                  * Justin Bieber
                                  * Every rapper out there (Nicki, Cardi, Drake, Travis Scott

Chart Obsessed and is starting to show more and more that they are desperate:
                                  * Taylor Swift (no longer as girl next door as one would think, this is as desperate as they come and has been showing alot of examples recently of overextending and resorting to the lowest of low tactics
                                  * Beyonce (something about hopping on already smashes to score a hit doesn't sit well with me with her).

Chart Obsessed, does well to hide it, or more likely to just let it playout and see how far the song goes (or follows standard promotion tactics)
                                  * The Weekend (something about him gives me vibes recently that he's letting the latest era get to his head. The superbowl was a bit too much ego for my tastes)
                                  * Ariana Grande (i think it's more Scooter in the promo tactics)
                                  * Rihanna
                                  * Mariah (you cannot not be obsessed when you rack up 19 numbers 1, there will always be a part of her I think that yearns for that level of success again, or at least a few more number 1s despite what she says. Though i think she's realstic her chances are low at best)

Seems innocent enough at least for now:

* Adele
                                  * Celine
                                  * Oliva Rodrigo
                                  Last edited by skylynx; Sun June 27, 2021, 19:21.

Comment

• Im really excited to see if MC, or her people, submit her audiobook for Grammy consideration. It still gets a lot of nice buzz and the ratings are amazing for it.
                                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                      Im really excited to see if MC, or her people, submit her audiobook for Grammy consideration. It still gets a lot of nice buzz and the ratings are amazing for it.
                                      Grammys???? I don’t know her…

Comment

• Can we take a minute to remind ourselves that Mariah was part of this incredible lineup for Live 8.

She said it herself that she wasn't sure whether people would know her songs as she thought they were there for the rock legends. It was definately a rock heavy lineup (which always is the go-to stadium, festival genre) but she held her own and If I remember correctly was quite well received.

She attacked the performance right from the get go with Make It Happen perhaps with a bit too much gusto as it left her out of breath for Hero. But she came home strong with WBT.

They put her in a fantastic part of the concert...i.e. just after sunset when the light turned to night....and allowed her to stick around for the finale (if she performed in the first half she would've left just like Madonna).

I wonder if they will do one again in another 4 years. i.e. a concert every 20 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_8_concert,_London

Last edited by skylynx; Sun June 27, 2021, 20:43.

Comment

• Ms Dynamite stands out like a sore thumb in that line up. She had so much potential but just vanished

Comment

• Mariah Carey

Vision of Love
                                            Someday
                                            Love Takes Time
                                            I Don't Wanna Cry
                                            Emotions

Emotions
                                            Can't Let Go
                                            If It's Over
                                            Make It Happen
                                            Music Box

Dreamlover
                                            Hero
                                            Anytime You Need A Friend
                                            Without You
                                            Music Box
                                            Daydream

Fantasy
                                            One Sweet Day
                                            Always Be My Baby
                                            Underneath The Stars
                                            Melt Away
                                            Butterfly

Honey
                                            The Roof
                                            My All
                                            Breakdown
                                            Butterfly
                                            Rainbow

Heartbreaker
                                            Thank God I Found You
                                            Crybaby
                                            Against All Odds
                                            Petals & Rainbow Interlude
                                            Glitter

Loverboy
                                            Never Too Far
                                            Didn't Mean to Turn You On
                                            All My Life
                                            Lead the Way
                                            Charmbracelet

The One
                                            Through The Rain
                                            Clown
                                            I Only Wanted
                                            Bringin' On The Heartbreak
                                            TEOM

We Belong Together
                                            It's Like That
                                            Shake It Off
                                            Circles
                                            Fly Like A Bird
                                            Stay The Night
                                            E=MC2

Migrate
                                            Touch My Body
                                            I'm That Chick (different version)
                                            Side Effects
                                            For The Record
                                            MOAIA

Obsessed
                                            H.A.T.E.U
                                            Betcha Gon' Know
                                            Candy Bling
                                            I Want To Know What Love Is
                                            MIAM

#Beautiful
                                            Meteorite
                                            Dedicated
                                            Thirsty
                                            Faded
                                            Caution

GTFO
                                            Caution
                                            One Mo' Gen
                                            Giving Me Life
                                            8th Grade
                                            I HAD TO PICK 5 ON MOST ALBUMS.... EVEN 6 ON TEOM
                                            #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post
                                              Spoiler!
                                              I forgot to mentioned it should be 4 singles (it’s basically the standard otherwise we’d choose the whole album lol)

Comment

• Originally posted by BeyondIdolization View Post
                                                Just read that We Belong Together was the first song to top 9 Billboard Charts simultaneously on the week of August 6th. Anyone knows the second to do so or any songs that top more charts than WBT?
                                                Ask stevyy, he probably knows!

Originally posted by banksy View Post
                                                Slay b!tch!
                                                We want a pic
                                                Yeah, I love those heels, super sexy.

Originally posted by banksy View Post

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                Im really excited to see if MC, or her people, submit her audiobook for Grammy consideration. It still gets a lot of nice buzz and the ratings are amazing for it.
                                                I prefer to not tbqh.
                                                They're gonna ignore her. They don't like her, I mean, it's super clear.
                                                I'm not thinking in a commercial way of course.

Can't wait for the paperback edition and I really wonder if something more is coming with it.
                                                I hope she adds another chapter, so it could drive more sales and we know she will be mentioning it in ever y Xmas interview

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                                  I forgot to mentioned it should be 4 singles (it’s basically the standard otherwise we’d choose the whole album lol)
                                                  Nope, but you said 4 singles in your post.
                                                  It was quite difficult.
                                                  I only chose 5 from TEOM 'cause the Ultra Platinum Edition that she released later.

I've seen similar results!
                                                  We can all agree that The One & Clown should've been singles - and of course Migrate and Caution.
                                                  Those were like... common sense

Comment

• "Hey Jude" was such a moment.

I was looking for this interview!

Audience footage:

The resonance

Imagine if she still would have this confidence now - 'cause the instrument is there.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X