Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Caution would have worked as the lead single, but on a personal note, I would have chosen The Distance... and I also would have given it a fantastic video, live performances and GREAT remixes.... dance remixes, hip hop remixes whatever... all of them. I would have also made it appear in the TV series "Stranger Things" because of its 80s vibe, or have the kids of that show in the music video... I strongly feel this connection between the song and the show and or the 80s vibe of that show.
    I agree, The Distance would have been the PERFECT lead single. It sounds like a classic Mariah single.
    Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• I would have been happy with The Distsnce as first single with a dark cheerleading themed video

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
        She probably wants to erase it from public knowledge. (Just like MC30).
        I'm sure she would shade her raspy voice

Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
        Mariah performed My All a lot!

She gave it good promo.

Butterfly in general had good promo - she had a lot of interviews and performances.
        I just wish Breakdown got some serious attention.
        Yeah.
        There's lots of My All performances in '97/'98.
        Also some great interviews from that Era.

IMO The Roof needed more attention as well.

Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
        charmbracelet had great promo too. She promoted like it was a huge hit.
        The promo for Charmie was really good.

Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
        Yes, Through The Rain had a few good performances and she had some appearances.
        TTR at AMA's was amazing.
        She got a Standing O.
        Also My Saving Grace at Soul Train Awards.

She looked amazing, acted mature, dressed nicely and served vocals the whole Era.
        Charmie paved the way for her comeback (IKWYW included of course).

Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
        She travelled around the world to promote the album. She even went to reality shows from other countries, did showcases, did many award shows, performed many album tracks, many interviews, she was everywhere. I think it paved the way to TEOM to succeed
        Yeah, exactly.
        100% agree.

Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
        Caution obviously didn’t have Charm’s budget… y’all gotta understand during the CB era she was only 32/33… fast forward to 48/49 with another public disaster under her belt is a different story.

But in general the Caution era did wonders for her public image even if it did fly under the radar for the most part.
        I also agree.
        You can't compare the two.
        But as you said, her public image was restored and then she got a #1 and broke some records.
        2018-2020 have been amazing years for her.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post
          Talking of 1998 vocals, just listening to Make It Happen Live in Sydney. What a performance and what gorgeous vocals! This is the stuff I want from her vaults.
          The Sydney concert was amazing.
          She was on fire.

And she delivered probably her best VOL performance EVER.

Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
          CAUTION should’ve been the lead single from Caution with a bomb ass video, no buzz singles…. Sis woulda blew
          Yep.
          It was so obvious!
          Tho I think GTFO worked well to create some buzz.

Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post
          The song Caution is one of the best songs in her whole, entire catalog.
          Which says a lot

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
          Migrate
          Thirsty
          Caution

What do the songs have in common?
          That all of them are amazing bops.

Originally posted by sYair View Post
          They are all 7 letter words?

Originally posted by sYair View Post
          I agree, The Distance would have been the PERFECT lead single. It sounds like a classic Mariah single.
          I love TD but not as lead single.
          I know this is unpopular ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Mariah Carey | 1990 - 2021 | Hot 100 Chart History

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post

What would you have released first
              I’m always torn but I think ‘The distance’ with an amazing video and remixes ready to go. I prefer the song ‘Caution’ but I think ‘The distance’ represents the album well as keeping that Mariah sound but with a modern twist.

I’m still mad Caution the album wasn’t pushed more it’s such a great body of work. I also never get tired of listening to it.

Comment

• The Distance all the way. Had EVERYTHING a first single should and it complimented her legacy singles beautifully, connecting to Dreamlover, Fantasy and ABMB.

Comment

• Singles should have been:

summer 2018: The Distance
                  fall 2018: Caution
                  winter 2018: With You
                  spring 2019: A NoNo

that is all the album needed and it would have found the right audience.

Comment

• I can still remember watching this back in those days gave me so much anxiety lol I was like that dress is so tight that she would have a n!p slip soon or the zip would just snap. Nonetheless, she looks sexy af here. I love those curves and the big hair.

Comment

• That was a mess but it’s crazy how they (public and fans) called her fat back then

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                        I would have been happy with The Distsnce as first single with a dark cheerleading themed video
                        Funny you say 'dark'.

That songs just gives me this weird sense of overcast, gloomy autumn days in a rural or suburban high school somewhere in the US midwest.
                        I am not sure why! lol
                        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• https://www.instagram.com/p/CQolgAyp...dium=copy_link

This means she’s in Atlanta, maybe working on music with JD?

Comment

• Originally posted by cmeyes328 View Post
                            https://www.instagram.com/p/CQolgAyp...dium=copy_link

If so, that’s great news. Can’t wait for some new Jermash/MC collab. But maybe just the kids are there for some daddy time?

Comment

• Originally posted by cmeyes328 View Post
                              https://www.instagram.com/p/CQolgAyp...dium=copy_link

This is days old. I think she’s back in NYC cause Kris was in NY when he posted a video with MC

Comment

• It’s an absolute travesty Caution wasn’t the lead. It was made to have several remixes and a video as well. I always pictured the return of agent M or even a seductress serial killer vibe lol.
                                funny how one can learn
                                to grow numb to the madness
                                and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                                  It’s an absolute travesty Caution wasn’t the lead. It was made to have several remixes and a video as well. I always pictured the return of agent M or even a seductress serial killer vibe lol.
                                  Wow that concept is amazing and I haven’t thought about it. Agent M with some dark concept with caution albums colors and lights, something like mission impossible would’ve been great. It’s sad the lambs are more creative than her whole team and herself.
                                  I don’t know why she’s so lazy for visuals. And don’t tel it’s about budget cause you can make creative videos with low budget as well

Comment

• I wonder was Caution a touch too similar to Be Careful to get released as a single. I have to say I never noticed before but like its pretty identical. Love Caution regardless
                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• The bridge of the song alone...
                                      Whew chile...
                                      THAT'S HOW YOU FVCKING DO IT, GIRLS.
                                      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• This song right here gives me vital energy and sustenance. It is my daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is my spiritual sacrament. It has helped me rise from the deepest depths of despair and sorrow. When I hear this song I can feel and connect with the raw emotion emanating from Mariah. It makes me truly believe in the law of attraction. Mariah poured her heart and soul into this song and manifested her “vision of love”. And it gives me the motivation and strength to know I can accomplish all my dreams if I just BELIEVE in the power of love.

I've realized a dream
                                        And I visualized
                                        The love that came to be
                                        Feel so alive
                                        I'm so thankful that I've received
                                        The answer that heaven has sent down to me”

Mariah Carey - 1990
                                        Last edited by Imopink1; Sat July 3, 2021, 00:15.

Comment

• VOL is such a great song. I love it to pieces. Every single performance of it, is special.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                            I wonder was Caution a touch too similar to Be Careful to get released as a single. I have to say I never noticed before but like its pretty identical. Love Caution regardless
                                            Girl what

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                              Migrate
                                              Thirsty
                                              Caution

What do the songs have in common?
                                              They've never been released as a single even though they totally deserved the lead single treatment.
                                              Mariah team is very good at blowing away golden opportunities.

#TeamThirsty
                                              Last edited by Anderson; Sat July 3, 2021, 05:50.
                                              Mariah Carey x BTS
                                              #20th No.1

Comment

• Who here likes If It's Over?
                                                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                                  Who here likes If It's Over?
                                                  Everyone should!
                                                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                                    Who here likes If It's Over?
                                                    The MTV unplugged version made me a lamb for life .

Comment

Working...
                                                    X