Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
    I'm with u on this. caution is perfect the way it is and I'm afraid if she had more time the vocals would sound horrible like MIAM (which she took several time to work on it and it turned out the way it did beucase she overproduced it). caution vocals even tho is very limited sounds preasant and natural
    I know.
    There's some nice belting here and there on some tracks from Caution tho.
    But my point is, those brilliant songs on the album didn't need big vocals, it was another approach, the quality was there but in a different way.
    And in general, my favorite songs are the ones with "restrained" vocals (The Roof, Petals, CME, GML, Dedicated, UTS, EFA, TTEFT, just to name a few).

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    3 years later and everyone in the community is still praising Caution. MIMI really did ThaT. I am very happy and elated that the album is still on our minds despite the whole era only lasting for 1 day. But what a happy day that was.

Sis delivered.
    I'm also happy that most of us still consider the album a masterpiece and a solid body of work.

Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
    Yeah I still love caution. Its a pity she felt rushed making it.
    It's a shame she felt that way, but it worked amazingly at the end of the day.
    A pity that she wasn't able to enjoy the process from one of her best and most acclaimed works.

Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
    Oh didn’t know that. Why did she feel rushed doing this album?
    It's not clear enough, 'cause she mixed lots of things.
    She said this during the Questlove Interview from January this year.
    Maybe you can listen to it when u have some time ('cause it's quite long, like 3 hours) and draw your own conclusions.
    The interview is in 2 parts and it's uploaded in full on YT.
    I personally recommed you to listen to the whole thing 'cause it's one of her best - if not THE best - interviews she's ever done.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
      MSG is my favorite performance, yes. ​​
      As it should!

Originally posted by banksy View Post

I suddenly understand why so many lambs beg for an official Charmbracelet tour DVD, because the sound and video quality here are awful. .
      We want a tour DVD 'cause she fvcking nailed every date and did things with her voice that - as I already said - she neved did before and never attempted again.

We deserve all the pro-footage from her 2nd vocal peak!

I mean...

Band Intro - Mariah Carey (live at Las Vegas)

Whistles at 2:50 - 3:12 were off the chain

Comment

• This is good!

Comment

• Ya ooooonly liiive to breaaak my heart agaaainnnnnn

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
            Ya ooooonly liiive to breaaak my heart agaaainnnnnn
            I love this little song

---

Remember when Mariah Carey hit LOWER notes than most MALES? (Live F2)

Forget that bish is singing in the 2nd octave like nothing is happening and touching F#2 and F2.
            But the fact that she can do super precise runs down there drives me crazy.
            Fvcking insanely talented/gifted.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Not sure of her exact reasons. One thing is that she worked with a core group, it seems, including Poo Bear. She also was new to working with Roc Nation A&R.

One thing she said she didnt like was that a lot of the album came out before the actual release date and she felt GTFO could've been an actual single.

So maybe some of this is mixed into a general "it was rushed" comment.
              The only mistake about the pre-release songs is the album was already too short, when it was released almost wasn’t any new music to stream. If it was a 16 tracks albums would’ve been fine doing it. Billie Eelish is doing like this, she already f leasing her 5th song this Friday off her new album which will debut in the end of July.

Comment

• GTFO should've been the only song released as a buzz single before the album came out IMO.

Then Caution the lead single.

Comment

• Shaka – ''Somewhat Loved'' was recorded in 2012. The ending of the song has some 2021 touch-ups.

Comment

The only mistake about the pre-release songs is the album was already too short, when it was released almost wasn’t any new music to stream. If it was a 16 tracks albums would’ve been fine doing it. Billie Eelish is doing like this, she already f leasing her 5th song this Friday off her new album which will debut in the end of July.
                    Yeah but we know MC is very committed to the album concept!
                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

I love pre-single releases cause I have more time to digest each track individually. I hope mc16 have 14-16 tracks, 10 it’s too short specially now in streaming era.

Comment

I love pre-single releases cause I have more time to digest each track individually. I hope mc16 have 14-16 tracks, 10 it’s too short specially now in streaming era.
                        Mariah isnt a streaming giant so album length hardly matters when it comes to her.

Comment

Mariah isnt a streaming giant so album length hardly matters when it comes to her.
                          Still makes a small difference, every little stream still counts. Madonna and Celine are not streaming power either but they made their latest albums with 15 and 20 tracks respectively

Comment

• Somewhat Loved already has 9 new adds this week! We’ll find out tomorrow how many new adds it got but this is remarkable for a song that came out 4 weeks ago!

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post
                              Shaka – ''Somewhat Loved'' was recorded in 2012. The ending of the song has some 2021 touch-ups.
                              I only hear 2021/current vocals.

Comment

• Debut so close to hit 100M mark. it’s shocking how LTT and VOL is so low in streaming

Comment

Yeah, she's very meticulous with the concept and with the sequencing of the tracks as well.

Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                  I much prefer 10 solid tracks.
                                  My favorite albums have that length.

In regards of the streaming, 4/6 tracks won't make a difference.

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                  Somewhat Loved already has 9 new adds this week! We’ll find out tomorrow how many new adds it got but this is remarkable for a song that came out 4 weeks ago!
                                  Good!
                                  *and one that didn't have any promo.

Comment

• This was genius! She's so creative.

Mariah Carey did one of her BEST vocal runs ever in 2018 but NOBODY noticed...

Comment

• Haha, this is me af:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                        This was genius! She's so creative.

Mariah Carey did one of her BEST vocal runs ever in 2018 but NOBODY noticed...

The run was good... I hate, though, how she went right into the lipping part afterwards. She can totally sing ILT fully live. I don't understand her.
                                        My Chart

Comment

• mm2912 totally. She performed VOL a lot on TV in recent years. It only is her 28th overall most streamed song... but that shows, how she has so many amazing songs and that the GP doesn't know what to stream first.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• I want to remind everyone, that My All (STILLI needs our combined and focused lambs attention... the song is pulling it around 5-6k less daily streams in comparison to last year at this point. While #Beautiful is slowly gaining, the summer bop that we all love MORE, My All, is struggling. This cannot stand.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Come HERE and try to save your faves!!!
                                              CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                                              FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post

Come HERE and try to save your faves!!!
                                                Yes!

Some non-lambs (and some lambs as well - let's be real) have some... shall we say 'interesting' ideas about Mariah's songs.

Click here for instructions on how to vote.
                                                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post
                                                  Shaka – ''Somewhat Loved'' was recorded in 2012. The ending of the song has some 2021 touch-ups.
                                                  How do you know?

Comment

• Nick Cannon now has 7 kids with 4 women.
                                                    WTH... He is like an animal...
                                                    Mariah Carey x BTS
                                                    #20th No.1

Comment

Working...
                                                    X