Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishing every lamb a happy MOAIA MC30 week

Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I'll die happy if the 7 minute WBT has Mariah singing more of Bobby Womack's If You Think You're lonely now

Oh, ain't it funny how the tables turn When things aren't goin' your way?
      But when love walks out and the pain walks in
      And settles for a stay, ooh

LORD HELP ME I FEEL LIKE I WANT TO TESTIFY

Comment

• Originally posted by hotMCfan View Post
        I’m 40 or 50 — especially like, Shaka, I like wearing skimpy clothes or being almost naked hehehe.
        That's my gurl

Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
        One of the THE best vocals ever on a song that happens to be a huge bop.
        Yeah, this is true.
        Huge bops (and especially about that "substance" ) ususally don't have that type of #vocals.

One of her best lead singles EVER and also one of her best videos, if not THE best.

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
        Mariah wanted the 7min version of WBT released already, so it wouldn't surprise me if we get it sooner rather than later.
        Hopefully we're gettin' it this Friday, or even earlier! I need it in my life!

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
          MaryAnn's mother passed away yesterday. She posted it on her FB page
          Oh, that sucks :(
          May she rest in peace <3
          We know how close Mariah & MaryAnn are, I'm sure she's there supporting her long-time friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
            Wishing every lamb a happy MOAIA MC30 week
            But this isn't the MOAIA week. Probably the next one!

Comment

• How gorgeous is this tho?

Mariah Carey - H.A.T.E.U. (Stripped Version)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Oh, that sucks :(
                May she rest in peace <3
                We know how close Mariah & MaryAnn are, I'm sure she's there supporting her long-time friend.
                Goddess Bless MaryAnn.............and hold her......MC will def be there for her....what a time......... everyone is impacted;
                https://youtu.be/qUhSPrKZp2I

Comment

• It's great that MC was slightly ahead of the curve in terms of opening the "Vault". Obviously, others have done this before her, but it does seem increasingly popular since MC started.

One thing I think separates MC from others (maybe aside from Taylor) is just how much she has released. Of course, many of the releases we had on physicals or illegally, but it's great that she has so much material that she has managed for MC30 to extend for such a long period of time. Gaps aside, it's nice to have something to look forward to each week.
                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                    Bitch she sang Honey from her damn SOUL... like omg that’s one of her best vocal performances ever. Not to mention that tone! One of the THE best vocals ever on a song that happens to be a huge bop.
                    she sings EVERYTHING from her SOUL......member that Idol "advice" she doled out eon's ago>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>THAT! was her vocal "advice"

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                      An interview from 1998 where Mariah talks about her childhood, Honey, music business, racism etc...Some of it corroborates her stories in the memoir!

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! is FANtastic

27 Min in ....TOTALLY comports with the astro I posted

she's not secure financially.....must work harder

incredible

and after that......going out of her way to thank her Mother

sure hope this MaryAnn grief helps towards Pat's situation........

you have to admit...this very hardworking woman......was processing all her stuff via songwriting and being interviewed for years

she never had the "luxury" of counseling or being truly "heard"

what a journey we have witnessed over the years......

I remember going to a psychologist after a traumatic break up and him going "well, you two can always get together and process things together.....sounds like that is alot of your relationship,,,,,,you process things together"

yeah.....Covid Calgon Momento.....we need our human process moments More!

Comment

• RARE Mariah Carey - France M6 Channel TEOM Interview (2005)

Comment

• Of course it's an assumption. The same way you can think she may be invited but not want to attend.

She has not once attended the Oscars/Golden Globes outside of the time when you would expect her to be there. The only time was in 2006 Oscars when she was riding high on TEOM. Clearly, she was invited that year.

Success breeds opportunities and a strong brand creates opportunities to give her the CHOICE to attend should she wish.

I think Mariah enjoys rubbing shoulders with the elites and greatest in the entertainment industry.

Originally posted by iKnowGoodMusic View Post

Do you realize you’re assuming she wants to attend these events. She may very well not want to attend if she isn’t nominated for anything. If you haven’t noticed she only goes to bigger parties and such these days when she’s on the promo circuit. You also have no idea if they’ve ever asked her to present an award and she declined. You’re literally saying bc you don’t see her, she must not be invited. That makes no sense.

Comment

• CB Tour definitely helped her to make such a strong vocal album like TEOM. Happy that she mentioned that in the interview. Her voice was on fire and she ended up the long af tour with an amazing vocal shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                              It's great that MC was slightly ahead of the curve in terms of opening the "Vault". Obviously, others have done this before her, but it does seem increasingly popular since MC started.
                              True that!

But who else has an alternative album under another name that was hidden for 25 years? Mariah THE EXTRA Carey

Seriously, can't wait for SUD to be released

Comment

• Mariah doesn't make random appearances unless she has something to promote.

Comment

• bm08

It's quite insulting that some people on these boards make direct accusations about other posters being a duplicate of another without any facts. I personally am offended. I would hope infractions are issued out for these people and encouraging them to approach it directly with the mods if there are concerned and present facts.

I also find it insulting that some on here are very quick to label others misogynistic when those same posters have posted very similar things in the past. Quite hypocritical and sense of grandstanding and bullying is rife in the comments below. Hopefully that gets addressed to the relevant posters cause it creates a certain clique that isolates others and stifles any form of opinions that are not "Mariah is the best, she's the greatest, dresses beautifully all the time, sings fantastic all-time".

I would usually post this direct to the mods but in this case, i think it's useful for other posters to reflect on their own actions and the environment they've created which led to the freeze yesterday.

Comment

Mariah doesn't make random appearances unless she has something to promote.
                                    Plus if you are a fan of Miss Carey you know she hates the fake hollywood thing and pretending they all friends. We all know she hates awards shows at least she really needs to go for promotion or because she will be awarded. Thats what I like about her she doesnt go everywhere even though it would be good for her careet. I mean thinking Mariah isnt invited cos she isnt that successful is a bit delusional I mean you can see people that arent relevant attending every show to gain popularity.. why would u think that if Miss Carey divas of diva, queen of xmas, and a person who gets good rates everwhere she goes wouldnt be invited lol

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                      bm08

It's quite insulting that some people on these boards make direct accusations about other posters being a duplicate of another without any facts. I personally am offended. I would hope infractions are issued out for these people and encouraging them to approach it directly with the mods if there are concerned and present facts.

I also find it insulting that some on here are very quick to label others misogynistic when those same posters have posted very similar things in the past. Quite hypocritical and sense of grandstanding and bullying is rife in the comments below. Hopefully that gets addressed to the relevant posters cause it creates a certain clique that isolates others and stifles any form of opinions that are not "Mariah is the best, she's the greatest, dresses beautifully all the time, sings fantastic all-time".

I would usually post this direct to the mods but in this case, i think it's useful for other posters to reflect on their own actions and the environment they've created which led to the freeze yesterday.
                                      I love how you and the other user always try to show urself as the poor victim. You might trick the moderator but you dont foolish the rest of the users xxx

Comment

• Mariah has made many appearances in the past at red carpet events not promoting anything and just supporting her friends. Particularly for movie premieres where her friends have a movie out.

Though in order to get on the biggest fashion momments red carpets of the world outside the music industry.....it takes more than a I'm Mariah Carey let me in.

I do hope we get to see Mariah at the MET one day, I like to see her and her team work on an interpretation of the theme of the event. She clearly likes to be in fun events where and I think the MET (if she is invited) could be a nice way to have some fun on the red carpet but also get exposed to some interesting facets of the fashion industry

It's great to see Mariah rubbing shoulder with the elites in the movie and fashion industry....they clearly respect her (well most do)....and it rubs off on her own brand as well being associated with folks like Naomi Campbell, The Rock, Jackie Chan.

Last edited by skylynx; Tue February 16, 2021, 15:05.

Comment

• This Look!

Every single reaction on social media is praising the way she dresses, including that hair to to some even mentioning the turtle neck (which is very strange...Mariah does have a thing or two with Turtle necks as we know), all-black look.

I guess we all have a view on the way Mariah dresses but it's clear this one is getting the resounding general public's tick of approval.

Is there anyone in the fashion industry here? Cause I'm sure there are some reasons why such a look is so well received by the public.

Comment

This Look!

Every single reaction on social media is praising the way she dresses, including that hair to to some even mentioning the turtle neck (which is very strange...Mariah does have a thing or two with Turtle necks as we know), all-black look.

I guess we all have a view on the way Mariah dresses but it's clear this one is getting the resounding general public's tick of approval.

Is there anyone in the fashion industry here? Cause I'm sure there are some reasons why such a look is so well received by the public.

I can reply the end of this message: we live in a misogynist society where a woman all covered and black and dressed how "they are supposed to dress by the opinion of men". Easy! :-)

Once again, who really cares how she wants to dress, what to wear, and what the misogynist fashion icon ( most of the time ruled by men think) like everyone is free to be who they want to be!
                                            Last edited by Yerac; Tue February 16, 2021, 15:38.

Comment

RARE Mariah Carey - France M6 Channel TEOM Interview (2005)

Nice interview! Never saw it before. I can’t at the interviewer mentioning that female entertainer we don’t know

Comment

• I'm sure there are fashion consultants and opinions Mariah gets these days that she respects and do not view them as misogynistic, if turtle necks are not her thing (supposedly) then why would she wear it. There's a reason those in the entertainment industry utilise the services of fashion cconsultants (like Andre Leon Talley). There are good looks and bad looks....sometimes it's logical and sometimes the star don't recognise that themselves.....it's for these fashion consultants to advise and suggest.

Obviously it's Mariah's decision at the end of the day.....but clearly Mariah respects their opinions enough to go with it....if she loved what she was wearing back in the Stella eras (the examples posted earlier) than something has definitely shifted in her mind cause the way she is dressing now is a huge shift.

I'm sure she's very proud and happy to be getting the praise she has to this look and countless other's in the past 2 years. Let's hope she keeps it for whatever she's cooking up next.

Comment

I'm sure there are fashion consultants and opinions Mariah gets these days that she respects and do not view them as misogynistic, if turtle necks are not her thing (supposedly) then why would she wear it. There's a reason those in the entertainment industry utilise the services of fashion cconsultants (like Andre Leon Talley). There are good looks and bad looks....sometimes it's logical and sometimes the star don't recognise that themselves.....it's for these fashion consultants to advise and suggest.

Obviously it's Mariah's decision at the end of the day.....but clearly Mariah respects their opinions enough to go with it....if she loved what she was wearing back in the Stella eras (the examples posted earlier) than something has definitely shifted in her mind cause the way she is dressing now is a huge shift.

I'm sure she's very proud and happy to be getting the praise she has to this look and countless other's in the past 2 years. Let's hope she keeps it for whatever she's cooking up next.
                                                  Or Maybe society is so toxic and misogynistic that even if she likes dressing that way she gets such an amount of criticism that her self esteem goes down and she changes it a bit to pleased the misogynist and F*ed up society! There is many way to see it ;-)

Comment

• You got there eventually, i'm happy for you. There are many ways to look at it.

Though personally I think that's a very harsh way to look at the world. Naturally, it's inherent in human nature to judge and gravitate towards that which we like.

Doesn't make it a bad thing necessarily. Could it use with refinement; yes, but our social judgements have led to social norms. Could those social norms change, yes, though there are social norms that are logical, basic and should be respected.

Fashion and looks are all subjective. Everyone could of course dress the way they want though as soon as you step our the door you will be judged whether you like it or not. Moreso for entertainers, they're in that industry that magnifies it.

Obviously it's your choice if you want to walk naked in the streets at 50 and show your boobs. You may not want people to judge you but they will regardless. It's human condition. Fans will judge you (your voice, your dancing, your attired which forms a major part of an entertainers projection) and they will determine themselves whether to stan you. The same way you may want to dress naked and go out in a certain way, equally others may find that it is lacking in decency and respect and would prefer that you save it for quieter momments at home.

Obviously Mariah get's this, that's why the way she dresses has shifted greatly and she has openly gone to consultants to help her. She knows herself that she could use with a level of refinement to her looks. Does that make her misogynistic or her team as well?

You can all decide whether you prefer this look....or this. I personally know which one I love more.

Or if you don't have an opinion at all or feel that whatever she wears is fabulous than that's your choice to.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X