Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
    It really makes me sad/mad to see the difference in quality between MJB / Toni Braxton and Mariah’s track…
    On the contrary, I feel like SL is better than those two tracks and even better than the Boyz 2 Men one too. Now the song they have with Usher is the best song on the album. It's really good, they should push it as the next single once SL runs its course.

Comment

• The whole album sounds very dated.

Toni’s track sounds like a 1996 reject.
      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
        The whole album sounds very dated.

Toni’s track sounds like a 1996 reject.
        toni's song is a bonus track from her 2006 album Libra actually. I have this song for all those years lol they didnt even change anything on it

Comment

• I love the album!! Its perfect for the 90’s R&B lovers like me! I also think that the songs with Mariah and Babyface are the strongest ones on the album

Comment

• I can't stop listening to "I only wanted" these days. i's such a beautiful ballad. I wish mariah could record a ballad like this again

Comment

• Originally posted by David_Mimi View Post
              I love the album!! Its perfect for the 90’s R&B lovers like me! I also think that the songs with Mariah and Babyface are the strongest ones on the album
              I agree! I listened to their album last night. Was pleasantly surprised that Mariah’s track stands out as one of the best on the album. I also agree that the Top 2 are “Somewhat Loved” and the Babyface song. I also enjoyed the tracks with Boyz II Men and Usher. Definitely for 90s R&B lovers only!

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

toni's song is a bonus track from her 2006 album Libra actually. I have this song for all those years lol they didnt even change anything on it
                I cannot at the recycling !!

Also that track is just a re write of " Love me some him "
                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• I forgot how much of a ratchet mess this was. One of the highlights of her career tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I cannot at the recycling !!

Also that track is just a re write of " Love me some him "
                    They could at least use an old but unreleased track from Toni like they did with Mariah

Comment

They could at least use an old but unreleased track from Toni like they did with Mariah
                      Exactly. Its a pretty unknown track though so hardly anyone has it I imagine. I remember finding it on some ramdon site but i didnt like it so deleted it again.

Comment

• The Charlie Wilson song is right up my street! TUNE!

The rest of the album is very bland. The Usher song is kind of ok maybe.

Listened to Somewhat Loved for the 4th time in my life and it's still an absolute mess to my ears loool. One of her worst ever songs.

While it's nice Mariah doing these mini projects to help out her friends, I'd rather they weren't released as singles.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                          banksy, yes! I love following it.

I think his response was vindictive and clearly nothing to do with the case. Him bringing up people like JLo, Xtina, Eminem was clearly done to irritate her and garner press rather than mount a substantial legal challenge. I also found that his arguments were fairly loose, as much of what was stated by MC is corroborated (e.g. the Morgan murder attempt court case). Just because he framed what happened differently, doesnt mean that it didnt happen and could be seen differently by a terrified girl (e.g. he says there werent 12 police officers but only something like 4...well, who cares? At the end of the day there were a lot of police officers who showed up).

I really hope MC's lawyers slap him down hard similar to how her other lawyers were driving the screws into Lianna. I do think MC won that case as the judge was clearly beginning to side with MC in terms of sanctions and the like.

I just hope these cases dont interfere with MC's future plans for the book (e.g. new editions, television series, etc).
                          You have to read the criminal court case. Morgan was legitimately about that life, and I’d posit that if it weren’t for Mariah’s generosity with him over the years (combined with his various manipulations), he would have gone down the drain like Alison did.

https://casetext.com/case/maddox-v-lord

He should be thanking her and trying to repair their relationship instead of doing this.

Comment

• E=MC2 walked so Caution could run… I remember y’all hated on that album soooo much but I think most of you know what’s up now. You can’t love Caution and criticize E. It’s impossible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                              It really makes me sad/mad to see the difference in quality between MJB / Toni Braxton and Mariah’s track…
                              ?
                              SL is the strongest song along with Do It Yourself, and then He Don't Know Nothin' Bout It.
                              There's a reason why they decided to promote the MC's track.

Originally posted by David_Mimi View Post
                              I love the album!! Its perfect for the 90’s R&B lovers like me! I also think that the songs with Mariah and Babyface are the strongest ones on the album
                              I agree!
                              I'm gonna be blasting this album for a while.
                              R&B galore <3

Usher slayed.

Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post
                              I agree! I listened to their album last night. Was pleasantly surprised that Mariah’s track stands out as one of the best on the album. I also agree that the Top 2 are “Somewhat Loved” and the Babyface song. I also enjoyed the tracks with Boyz II Men and Usher. Definitely for 90s R&B lovers only!
                              MC's & Usher's sounds the most "modern" and interesting IMO.

There's lot of us, lovers of the R&B

Comment

I can't stop listening to "I only wanted" these days. i's such a beautiful ballad. I wish mariah could record a ballad like this again
                                I Only Wanted is her best ballad IMO, hands down. The lyrics, the melody & instrumental, her voice. 10/10.

I love the IDWC - My All - After Tonight - I Only Wanted sequence.

Now I need that 5th latin-infused ballad.

I've been asking for it for years now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I Only Wanted is her best ballad IMO, hands down. The lyrics, the melody & instrumental, her voice. 10/10.

I love the IDWC - My All - After Tonight - I Only Wanted sequence.

Now I need that 5th latin-infused ballad.

I've been asking for it for years now.
                                  That would be perfect! Mariah, if you're reading this, please add this to the 20-track album you better be cooking up for us!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                    I forgot how much of a ratchet mess this was. One of the highlights of her career tbh.
                                    She was such a show-off here and I love it.
                                    The agility >

Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                    E=MC2 walked so Caution could run… I remember y’all hated on that album soooo much but I think most of you know what’s up now. You can’t love Caution and criticize E. It’s impossible.
                                    Girl, I love Einstein, but those albums have little to nothing in common.
                                    One is a collection of massive bops that scream #1 hits with boring ballads and a rawer approach, and it lacks cohesiveness IMO. It's a fun album.
                                    The other one is an R&B masterpiece, vocally restrained, way more mature and polished, and super cohesive. It's a whole mood of an album and more similar to Butterfly (but not as pretentious) if you want to make a comparison.

Comment

• Caution is some grown woman ish, Einstein was a mid-life crisis tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post
                                        That would be perfect! Mariah, if you're reading this, please add this to the 20-track album you better be cooking up for us!
                                        20 tracks it's A LOT
                                        I would be more than happy with 10 solid ones, with zero fillers, just like she did with Caution.
                                        Then she can release another album after two years with 10 more tracks.

If we ever got an album with 20 songs:
                                        - it will be ready in like 5 years,
                                        - it's gonna take another 10 years for her next one

Comment

Caution is some grown woman ish, Einstein was a mid-life crisis tbh.
                                          Nailed it!

Comment

• Caution was far too short, come on its barely over 35 mins.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                              Caution was far too short, come on its barely over 35 mins.
                                              35 mins of pure bliss.

And standard albums are now around 35-40 mins (Positions, Justice, Future Nostalgia just to name a few).

It's the perfect lenght IMO and that also applies to the songs on the album.

I only missed some re-sung remixes.

Comment

• And yet, she made the album of the decade in less than half the time any of the lessors could.

Comment

And yet, she made the album of the decade in less than half the time any of the lessors could.
                                                  Tell ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

35 mins of pure bliss.

And standard albums are now around 35-40 mins (Positions, Justice, Future Nostalgia just to name a few).

It's the perfect lenght IMO and that also applies to the songs on the album.

I only missed some re-sung remixes.
                                                    Positions is 41 mins, Justice is 45 with deluxes 51 and 65 min. I still think Caution could have done with 2 more tracks.

FN was v short too, but I mean Dua released more later.
                                                    Last edited by InFamous; Fri July 9, 2021, 21:00.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X