No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caution is perfection the way it is. Leaving us craving for more. Runaway is kinda messy to be honest better without it.

For her next album I would love a Caution 2.0 or for her to go back to something similar to #Beautiful in term of “mature sound”

Top 5 Albums
    1. Caution
    2. Butterfly
    3. Daydream
    4. Emotions
    5. The Rarities

Top 5 Songs
    1. Giving Me Life
    2. The Roof
    3. Underneath The Stars
    4. Candy Bling
    5. Crybaby
    Last edited by Xmas; Fri July 9, 2021, 23:07.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
      Positions is 41 mins, Justice is 45 with deluxes 51 and 65 min. I still think Caution could have done with 2 more tracks.

FN was v short too, but I mean Dua released more later.
      Caution is actually over 38 mins.

And with Runaway and the Runaway Remix 45:50.

It's perfect for me.

Comment

• Comment

• I'd loved for Caution to have 2 more tracks. Everything she did for the album was perfect... so 2 more perfect songs and the album would have still been a 100 /10.
          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Caution is actually over 38 mins.

And with Runaway and the Runaway Remix 45:50.

It's perfect for me.
            They're not available legally in Europe ;)
            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
            Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Random:

I was watching some performances from the ATH Tour '17.

Her tone wasn't that pleasant but her resonance was insane.

There's some really good moments!

Comment

which is a shame... why is Runway not on the standard global edition? I get that it was put on the JPN one so that they would buy more copies domestically and not import cheaper copies from other places... but it's been 3 years now... time to put the song on the regular album for streaming.
                My Chart

Comment

Random:

I was watching some performances from the ATH Tour '17.

Her tone wasn't that pleasant but her resonance was insane.

There's some really good moments!
                  while she looked horrendous... she had some really good vocal moments... specifically all of the VOL performances. That song is her happy place, it seems.
                  My Chart

Comment

38:30 mins for an album (without counting Runaway) is a perfect lenght for me.

You wanted more, but it is what it is.

And it was perfection!

Comment

38:30 mins for an album (without counting Runaway) is a perfect lenght for me.

You wanted more, but it is what it is.

And it was perfection!
                      I hate to be pedantic but the track is actually called Runway

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                        while she looked horrendous... she had some really good vocal moments... specifically all of the VOL performances. That song is her happy place, it seems.
                        Yeah, especially her VOL endings were

This one is one of her best:

0:52 slayed.

Comment

• In terms of vocal approach & production they are similar

Comment

I hate to be pedantic but the track is actually called Runway
                            Sorry, typo.
                            It doesn't change the topic we were talking about tho, LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                              In terms of vocal approach & production they are similar
                              I respect your opinion dahling, but I highly disagree

Comment

Sorry, typo.
                                It doesn't change the topic we were talking about tho, LOL.
                                see, the track is so under the radar that we don't even know what it's called (anymore). Since ever track of the album will soon surpass 4 million streams... (on Spotify) Runway could have become the 11th song... it would have got to 2-3 million also if it were on the album. #Justice4Caution.
                                My Chart

Comment

I respect your opinion dahling, but I highly disagree
                                  Well I agree with you on that. Like there's no correlation at all between E Mc2 and Caution other than the fact that Mariah sings on them. Completely different albums.

Comment

similar to Butterfly (but not as pretentious) if you want to make a comparison.
                                    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                    Caution is some grown woman ish, Einstein was a mid-life crisis tbh.
                                    omg - one of you is calling Butterfly pretentious and the other compared E=MC2 to a mid life crisis! ... ???

What is going on up in this no-taste conversation?

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• I’ve been having an argument with a lamb that the outro of Melt Away was whether ‘You and me we got a typical thing’ or ‘You and me we ain’t got a typical thing’. The latter seems more reasonable but I cannot hear it. And I cant find anywhere that has that section’s lyrics tho :(. Can someone please help me, thanks :x

Comment

• Originally posted by BeyondIdolization View Post
                                        I’ve been having an argument with a lamb that the outro of Melt Away was whether ‘You and me we got a typical thing’ or ‘You and me we ain’t got a typical thing’. The latter seems more reasonable but I cannot hear it. And I cant find anywhere that has that section’s lyrics tho :(. Can someone please help me, thanks :x
                                        She sings "You and me ain't got a typical thing." I heard it five times and am certain... it's pretty clear.

Comment

see, the track is so under the radar that we don't even know what it's called (anymore). Since ever track of the album will soon surpass 4 million streams... (on Spotify) Runway could have become the 11th song... it would have got to 2-3 million also if it were on the album. #Justice4Caution.
                                          Personally, I'm happy that RUNWAY (for InFamous ) is a bonus track.
                                          I like it as an individual track, but it doesn't fit on the album IMO, quality-wise.

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                          Well I agree with you on that. Like there's no correlation at all between E Mc2 and Caution other than the fact that Mariah sings on them. Completely different albums.
                                          Yeah, like they're more opposites in any case. Two total different approaches in every sense.

Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                          omg - one of you is calling Butterfly pretentious and the other compared E=MC2 to a mid life crisis! ... ???

What is going on up in this no-taste conversation?

Both albums are amazing.

I'm calling Butterfly (AKA her best album ever) pretentious in the sense that she went off with the vocals, while Caution is more restrained. Maybe I should've used another word but that's where my English level is at atm

And LMAO, I love the mid life crisis analogy on Einstein case, I can totally see it

Comment

I'd loved for Caution to have 2 more tracks. Everything she did for the album was perfect... so 2 more perfect songs and the album would have still been a 100 /10.
                                            Totally agree. I love Caution but the fact it has only 10 tracks always bothered me…

Comment

• Originally posted by BeyondIdolization View Post
                                              I’ve been having an argument with a lamb that the outro of Melt Away was whether ‘You and me we got a typical thing’ or ‘You and me we ain’t got a typical thing’. The latter seems more reasonable but I cannot hear it. And I cant find anywhere that has that section’s lyrics tho :(. Can someone please help me, thanks :x
                                              Cyclone is right.
                                              The lyrics are "You and me ain't got a typical thing"

Comment

• Originally posted by ElusiveButterfly View Post
                                                Totally agree. I love Caution but the fact it has only 10 tracks always bothered me…
                                                Emotions, Music Box & Merry Christmas have also 10 tracks in their standard edition.

Emotions: 10 tracks - 0 bonus track.
                                                Music Box: 10 tracks - 2 bonus tracks (Everything Fades Away & Héroe Spanish Version).
                                                Merry Christmas: 10 tracks - 1 bonus track (God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen).
                                                Caution: 10 tracks - 2 bonus tracks (Runway & Runway feat. KOHH).
                                                Debut has only 11 tracks - 0 bonus track.

As you can see, it's the quality.
                                                All those albums are fire and I've never heard any lamb complain about it.

Comment

• We love a best seller.

---

---

Comment

I'm calling Butterfly (AKA her best album ever) pretentious in the sense that she went off with the vocals, while Caution is more restrained. Maybe I should've used another word but that's where my English level is at atm

And LMAO, I love the mid life crisis analogy on Einstein case, I can totally see it
                                                    Your English is very good in fact.

I see your point.
                                                    Butterfly was a statement album in terms of the lyrics, the themes, and the vocals.

It is a showpiece.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X