Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly.

Caution is a masterpiece, still has that amazing quality, but it's not a show-off, it's more chill and laid-back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Emotions, Music Box & Merry Christmas have also 10 tracks in their standard edition.

Emotions: 10 tracks - 0 bonus track.
      Music Box: 10 tracks - 2 bonus tracks (Everything Fades Away & Héroe Spanish Version).
      Merry Christmas: 10 tracks - 1 bonus track (God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen).
      Caution: 10 tracks - 2 bonus tracks (Runway & Runway feat. KOHH).
      Debut has only 11 tracks - 0 bonus track.

As you can see, it's the quality.
      All those albums are fire and I've never heard any lamb complain about it.
      I didn’t say the quality of Caution was inferior because of that but yes it bothers me that the album is so short. You’re right about the first albums, even though they’re not my favorites of her, except for Debut that I absolutely love. I guess it bothers me with Caution because when I started to listen to Mariah and become a fan we had always new albums with 14 tracks + bonuses/remixes. This time we only got a 10 track album, Runway and useless remixes that I never listen to. And it came after 4 years+ without a new album so even more disappointing. Having said that, Caution is great and I love it, just wished we had more

Comment

• My only issue is the lack of re-sung remixes.
        Some songs had great potential to be remixed. Imagine a Morales for Caution, OMG or GML!

I think the lenght is perfect and I love its cohesiveness.

I understand that some fans wanted more songs, but it is what it is.
        She worked on it during like 8 months or so, Mariah herself said it was kinda rushed (for her standards).

I hope you're enjoying The Rarities with its 15 tracks

Comment

• Agree! So many potential for remixes and on every songs! Caution the song would have slayed hard with dance remixes, GTFO & With You as well. A No No could have had great hip hop remixes and I always imagined having Anitta on a One More Gen’ remix!

I enjoy Rarities a lot, Cool On You is my fave and would have slayed hard back in the day… Love Can You Hear Me and Out Here On My Own as well, the whole album is a gem!

Comment

• Originally posted by ElusiveButterfly View Post
            Agree! So many potential for remixes and on every songs! Caution the song would have slayed hard with dance remixes, GTFO & With You as well. A No No could have had great hip hop remixes and I always imagined having Anitta on a One More Gen’ remix!

I enjoy Rarities a lot, Cool On You is my fave and would have slayed hard back in the day… Love Can You Hear Me and Out Here On My Own as well, the whole album is a gem!
            Ok, I see we have similiar taste <3

Caution (song) screamed dance remixes.

I always think of Anitta when I listen to One Mo' Gen, a Spanglish Mix would've been awesome. Her voice is so sexy it would've worked pretty well.

And those 3 are my faves from TR: Out Here On My Own (tone, amazing and genuine vocal delivery, her best cover along with the TBO imo), Cool On You (a massive bop, it would've worked as a single back then) and Can You Hear Me (vocals for days, soulful af, love it, no wonder she recorded that during Emotions sessions).

Comment

• Comment

hmmmm interesting. Maybe she and Dream wrote the verses and J/T wrote the chorus??

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                  hmmmm interesting. Maybe she and Dream wrote the verses and J/T wrote the chorus??
                  I'd love to know a little more about the whole process, but seems like it was an interesting teamwork.
                  Hopefully Mariah will give us some details in a near future

Comment

• I feel like J&L worked more in the pre-chorus and the bridge.
                    Verses are very MC, no doubt. And the chorus too.
                    I could be wrong tho! Just speculating.

Comment

Agree! So many potential for remixes and on every songs! Caution the song would have slayed hard with dance remixes, GTFO & With You as well. A No No could have had great hip hop remixes and I always imagined having Anitta on a One More Gen’ remix!

She had mentioned working on remixes for Caution, including with Suss One.

I wonder if its just something in the vault.
                      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I wonder what happened then… the era was so short lived :(. I really hope the next one will not be like this. I don’t care about success, but would be great to have more investment from her, remixes and multiple videos. She doesn’t need huge budget to make some cool videos and remixes!

Comment

I wonder what happened then… the era was so short lived :(. I really hope the next one will not be like this. I don’t care about success, but would be great to have more investment from her, remixes and multiple videos. She doesn’t need huge budget to make some cool videos and remixes!
                          The date of release couldn't have been worse She wasn't even in the US #mess

The only good thing - apart of the quality of the music - was the tour (and also the visuals, huge improvement there).

I want an actual Era. I don't care for success either, but I wanna see promo, live performances on TV, like she did with Charmie. She was super invested on that one.

But seems like she wasn't happy with the album roll-out so she moved on quickly.

Comment

• I think the problem with Caution wasnt the length of the album,a10 track album isnt bad. The problem was we had like 4 or 5 songs prior the album came out thus by the time the release of the album we only had 5 more songs to listen to thats why i think some of us felt it like a short album.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                              I think the problem with Caution wasnt the length of the album,a10 track album isnt bad. The problem was we had like 4 or 5 songs prior the album came out thus by the time the release of the album we only had 5 more songs to listen to thats why i think some of us felt it like a short album.
                              Yeah, and we know now that MC didn't like that strategy.

Comment

• Coldplay is gonna release a single with BTS very soon.
                                Hopefully Mariah x BTS this Christmas season.

#20th no.1
                                Last edited by Anderson; Sat July 10, 2021, 16:30.
                                Mariah Carey x BTS
                                #20th No.1

Comment

Yeah, and we know now that MC didn't like that strategy.
                                  Tbh it's easy to say she didn't like something after it didn't work. She obviously went along with it at the time. But did it really make any difference to the sales of Caution ? Hard to know but I doubt it. I think the label were going for a strong debut week with Caution and they got it, and they kept the pure sales going by having the different physicals for the fans counting for different weeks.
                                  I mean technically only two songs were released before the album - GTFO and With you. Wasnt The Distance just an instant grat when you pre ordered the album? which was clearly done to get fans to snag their copies early and prob then buy another copy later

I mean yeah they and she could have done it different but it is hard to say if it would have made a difference to sales of the album.
                                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                  Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Tbh it's easy to say she didn't like something after it didn't work. She obviously went along with it at the time. But did it really make any difference to the sales of Caution ? Hard to know but I doubt it. I think the label were going for a strong debut week with Caution and they got it, and they kept the pure sales going by having the different physicals for the fans counting for different weeks.
                                    I mean technically only two songs were released before the album - GTFO and With you. Wasnt The Distance just an instant grat when you pre ordered the album? which was clearly done to get fans to snag their copies early and prob then buy another copy later

I mean yeah they and she could have done it different but it is hard to say if it would have made a difference to sales of the album.
                                    ANN was also released before the album

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

ANN was also released before the album
                                      Oh ok. That was prob not needed. But the whole thing with that was a mess
                                      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• I feel the "problem" with Caution has nothing to do with its length, not even mention quality I think it was such a great album it deserved more time.

I feel the era built up great but then it all ended in like 2 months, too many songs too soon. GTFO was a cool low profile track,,I am ok it was not pushed harder. With You then was well handled, build up momentum, very nice video, some nice live performances. I am quite ok with her songs not being Hot100 #1s contenders anymore so I feel that was a quite successfull song. But then it all derailed a little. Distance and ANN were pushed too soon! And ANN remixes are all the same song with no twists... And then, it's over.

But isn't music like that now? I feel artists release songs and then like 2 years later an album with those hits and some more and that's it, bye era, when is the next one? Poor people growing up in these sad musical times... one in which a 1 month old song is done, unless of course you are a monster song like Blinding Lights and 2 years later you are still top10 in the US BBhot100 lol.

I think Mariah needed to keep focus on With You, with some remixes, both dance and urban resung. And then ANN with a remix. and then some other more, but always with remixes.

Anyway, we were gifted this album, sooooo intersting, with great sounds, great collaborations, nice visuals.

CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                                        FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• I will never ever understand how anyone could choose With You for a single. Ever. Anyone.
                                          I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• Originally posted by Milano View Post
                                            I will never ever understand how anyone could choose With You for a single. Ever. Anyone.
                                            With You is a lovely song. I wouldn’t have chosen it either but the truth of the matter is, Caution didn’t actually contain any songs that had big hit potential. It was a more artistic album.

I think Caution, The Distance Givin Me Life and 8th Grade would have given the album more of a shot to sell more though, had they had videos etc.
                                            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• I think that if her and her team had pulled a few strings, they might have made that Cardi B remix many were salivating for. I'm not saying it would have been a number 1, but the song is catchy and Cardi was having an impressive success on various formats. A music video with a slightly more developed concept might have helped, too.

I would also have pictured a sultry music video for "Caution", something with a Hispanic inspiration and lots of beauty shots just like MC likes but one that actually matches the song's vibe.

But it's all good... ^^
                                              If you have 5 minutes, please check out my song "So Fly" on YouTube.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milano View Post
                                                I will never ever understand how anyone could choose With You for a single. Ever. Anyone.
                                                I think she still has in mind GP and the lambs always want the ballads and think that’s what still sells for her albums, like she said she wouldn’t release migrate as single but a ballad instead cause she’s not crazy or something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I think she still has in mind GP and the lambs always want the ballads and think that’s what still sells for her albums, like she said she wouldn’t release migrate as single but a ballad instead cause she’s not crazy or something like that.
                                                  judging by the comments and opinions in this thread alone (the biggest MC discussion forum in the entire world)... over 99% want an uptempo song.... and have been crying for uptempo music since 2008. So, Mariah is either out of the loop or trolling the lambily. Maybe the FBI should investigate,
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• Caution should have been the biggest thing she did in years. She had a major label, the right management team for a change and great songs. For the life of me I dont know what went wrong. I understand her other under performing albums... but not Caution.

With You was good for radio and should have been the third single after two bangers like The Distance & Caution. The era could have ended with A NoNo with that elusive remix.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X