Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or maybe she likes wearing both kind of clothes

Comment

• Why are some people so obsessed with the way Mariah dresses? It’s getting weird now.
      I AM A GOD!

Comment

• The African American Film Critics Association (AAFCA) has selected Mariah Carey, George C. Wolfe, Stacey Abrams’s “All In” and Netflix as its special achievement award honorees for the 12th annual AAFCA Awards.

Carey will receive the Innovator Award

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/m...mpression=true

Comment

• Originally posted by darnellabc View Post
          Why are some people so obsessed with the way Mariah dresses? It’s getting weird now.
          Not sure why you would think its weird, the same way we can all talk about Mariah's voice and what she has planned for MC30.

This is naturally a prickly topic (as evidenced over what happened) but that doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about about it and remember the looks some of us loved and loathed and why Mariah may not be considered amongst the top music fashion icons in the general public's view....which was how this discussion started on fashion.

Comment

Why are some people so obsessed with the way Mariah dresses? It’s getting weird now.
            +1 and this is my last answer about it. I hope the admin sees who brings misogynystics remarls here.

Comment

Guys, it's only one person pulling that narrative.
              Imagine thinking that her performance got nice reception 'cause she's wearing a turtleneck. Everyone is talking about the vocals (many great and popular artists praising it!) and the lit arrangement, and of course the song itself that it's a classic.
              Let's stop feeding it.
              She looks gorgeous, as always!

It will hit 1M before Friday!
              Plus 2.1M on Insta.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                The African American Film Critics Association (AAFCA) has selected Mariah Carey, George C. Wolfe, Stacey Abrams’s “All In” and Netflix as its special achievement award honorees for the 12th annual AAFCA Awards.

Carey will receive the Innovator Award
                That's good news!

Comment

• LMAO @ the last part.

Comment

• Carey’s Innovator Awards recognition is one such example. Though the multitalented superstar had a big year with the release of her memoir “The Meaning of Mariah Carey” and her “Magical Christmas Special” on Apple TV Plus, Robertson says it was the songstress’ mix of positivity and longevity that led to the the special recognition.

“Given a career of her magnitude, we really could have done it anytime. At this point, she’s more than earned the right to be recognized at some point,” he explains. “When members spoke about the impact of her videos and how much they meant to them, we thought ‘Let’s recognize her because she’s always projected a lot of positive energy, which we definitely need now during the pandemic and coming out of the last four years.'”

“She’s also presented opportunities behind the camera for a lot of Black technicians and creatives; it’s all about being able to open the door for others and she’s certainly done that and provided job opportunities to Black crews and other Black creators,” he says.

Comment

• It was this very board that commented on the beautiful looks from the We Belong Together Video, so clearly people do like to talk about looks.

I'm glad a poster brought it up originally on why Mariah is not seen as a fashion icon cause I was getting quite tired of the same Skydiving/MC30 when is it coming chats.

There's only so many posters who post on a daily basis on this thread, and many who watch from a distance. I'm sure there will be a few of those out there happy to be seeing other things discussed for a change.

Comment

Yes, its so weird

Comment

• This is already having the same effect on me as a Zolpidem.

Let's move on.
                          Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• This award/mention is going to be very special to her

Comment

• This is amazing! Im sure she will be lil emotinal lil emotional when she finds out and read this article

Comment

• Mod Note

The Moderation Team gave at least 7 infractions in the last 24 hours in this thread, which is unusually high. Given that the temperature in this thread has not yet subsided despite a temporary lock on the thread, infractions and posted moderator instructions, temporary bans may be considered.

Please note:
                                skylynx has been automatically banned for 7 days after accumulating 100 infraction points.
                                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I think the We Belong Together (Extended) may be out at midnight ET.

Comment

• Wow love that shot - stunning. Can't wait for the mix.
                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• “She’s also presented opportunities behind the camera for a lot of Black technicians and creatives; it’s all about being able to open the door for others and she’s certainly done that and provided job opportunities to Black crews and other Black creators,” he says.

T H I S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

llllimagine ALL THE JOBS she has created for OTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one thing I learned from her book is her respect and her FATHER's CHARACTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he really inadvertently installed some very good BUSINESS sense in her...I always said she had a work ETHIC that would seem to be lacking in the industry

but if you ever watch any of em on the "inside" or hear about them....the successful almost ALWAYS have that ethic going on!
                                      https://youtu.be/qUhSPrKZp2I

Comment

• See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate

Comment

• what is better than WBT? a 7-minute version of WBT. TBH this sounds so good.

Comment

• Oh I love the sound of that mix!! Would love more of this style from her! Sounds so raw and amazing!

Raw is always fantastic!
                                            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Sorry, seems like it's out 12am local time as opposed to being set to EST time. Let's see anyways

Comment

• I 100% love the vibe of what I’m hearing here. The arrangements are great and I think it’s a nice sound to explore for any upcoming music. That being said, this filter on her voice is not pleasant for me. It brings back what it was that I disliked about MIAM. This filter wasn’t present on Caution and the vocals on the album (while not out of this world) were much more pleasant than these processed ones.
                                                funny how one can learn
                                                to grow numb to the madness
                                                and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                                  This award/mention is going to be very special to her
                                                  Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                                  This is amazing! Im sure she will be lil emotinal lil emotional when she finds out and read this article
                                                  Yes! She's gonna love it! <3
                                                  She's having all the flowers rn

Comment

• I cant wait to listen to the new WBT version! Does anyone know why all the things that Mariah should announce officially in her account always is leaked or announced in fans accounts? It does piss me off a bit lol
                                                    Last edited by Yerac; Tue February 16, 2021, 20:48.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X