Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

On another note, the thread has been doing really well. Very few reports and infractions for the last couple months.

That's great!

But keep an eye out on the Mariah Survivor thread, cause some sh*t is gonna go down if the voting continues like that!

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• DELETED
      Last edited by Anderson; Tue July 13, 2021, 12:23.
      Mariah Carey x BTS
      #20th No.1

Comment

• Originally posted by Milano View Post
        Mariah works with musicians and vocalists.
        98 degrees, Westlife, Shawni, Stefflon Don

Mariah has worked with hot artists at least twice in her career solely to go for a number one or to boost chart performance. You really think she had any sort of artistic connection with Westlife or 98 degrees ? No. Those were calculated career moves.

If she were to work eith BTS it would solely be for a chart position yes, but she has done that before in her career.

That being said I doubt it will happen but Anderson was solely talking about her doing it for the sake of getting another number one. Which if we are being honest, is why many artists are mentioned in this line of conversation.
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

98 degrees, Westlife, Shawni, Stefflon Don

Mariah has worked with hot artists at least twice in her career solely to go for a number one or to boost chart performance. You really think she had any sort of artistic connection with Westlife or 98 degrees ? No. Those were calculated career moves.
          Some of these collabs were not her choice, but her doing what she was told by the suits.

I have my list of people I want her to work with as well, but I guess we'll see what materialises.
          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Chile bye

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Some of these collabs were not her choice, but her doing what she was told by the suits.

I have my list of people I want her to work with as well, but I guess we'll see what materialises.
              So maybe the suits will tell her to work with BTS also I mean she collabed with KOHH solely for the release of Runway in Japan to add on to Caution. I mean had she ever heard of them before that track was released or did she even have a conversation with them. Unlikely.

Now just to be clear I am not saying I want her to work with BTS, simply pointing out that in the business decisions are often made strategically, as opposed to artistically. And Mariah has not been an exception to that in her career.
              Last edited by InFamous; Wed July 14, 2021, 06:02.
              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
              Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                BTS again.

I don't understand all this BTS talk. I hope it never comes to such a collaboration. Neither I like to see this group nor I understand their success. There are enough numerous other successful and more talented artists who could help her achieve commercial success and also challenge her artistically. "Caution" has shown once again that she is not to be underestimated as a solo artist either. Perhaps she should turn her focus to Europe to build her success again. If she were to launch here with the right singles and features, she would attract a lot of attention. And there certainly wouldn't be a star in Europe who wouldn't collaborate with her. Uptempos like Caution, paired with a local rapper/singer or DJ (as Guetta and Rowland did) would catapult her straight into the top 10. It would be very easy for her to conquer the European market.

Comment

• Shaka please bring back ur MSO (Mimi-Shedule-Overview).

Comment

• Speaking of collabs...do we make anything of this?

So random when she tweeted this back in May...

Comment

• ^ NoNo. Mariah is so full of inside jokes that this could have literally been something they talked about that night during the daydream era that never came true. Mariah could be doing a callback to that night, just for fun.
                      Last edited by tee; Tue July 13, 2021, 16:34.

Comment

• Jojo dedicated a post on instagram to mariah and few artists sayinv period like lauren jauregui. I love jojo

Comment

• Looks like no major Emmy nominations. What a shame .

Comment

• Ohhhh The xmas special deserved at least a nom for best variety pre-recorded

Comment

• Good that Kris got a nomination!

Comment

• Does anyone else hear a little similarity to Stay Long Love You and Somewhat Loved?
                                http://marcokircher.com
                                http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                IG: marco235

Comment

• I wouldn't mind a BTS christmas single if it will go #1.. but I'd rather have her on a hot urban banger as a feature like IKWYW.

Or maybe we can do both
                                  http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                    Well Mariah can sit on an invisible chair... so I can't see any reason she can't sit on a bush. She's probably hovering in the air just above it.

One of my favorite Viral Moments!
                                    She was everywhere LOL.

Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                    Thank you

I've had it years ago but I wanted to bring it back for the 30th anniversary of Emotions lol.

However I was waiting for MC30 to finish first.
                                    But then I just gave up - cause Mariah also did!

It looks very cool

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                    Are you serious? It’s 2021 and we’re still flippantly commenting on people’s looks and making unnecessary observations? Grow up.
                                    I know

She looks amazing, just a lil tired.

She's a beautiful woman, I love when she wears a lighter make-up. Her skin is perfection.

Also, curlyriah is gone

Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post
                                    Mimi's looking cute but something tells me the only reason she's in the studio is for that message to the AB foundation. lol
                                    She's almost always in the studio tho.
                                    We already know she's been recording and - judging by her speaking voice - and I'm sure she's still recording.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                      Didn’t mariah wear a dress similar to this?
                                      Not that I remember.

Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                      I hope the rumours about glitter 20 years anniversary it’s true. We need those loverboy remixes, never too far / hero medley, the music videos on her YouTube channel
                                      I'd love that to happen, and I had hope before, but with the delay of MC30 & SUD, I don't see it happening tbh.

Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                      Y’all know Mariah will snap back when it’s time for album promo mode. This is not new.
                                      Yeah, I know.
                                      She's always beautiful tho.

But when it's time to promo...

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                      On another note, the thread has been doing really well. Very few reports and infractions for the last couple months.
                                      Yeah!
                                      The toxics are out/have been banned.
                                      We love a happy place.

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                        I mean... who else can do this?!

This is literally one of her best live performances EVER.

Originally posted by MeGreat View Post
                                        Shaka please bring back ur MSO (Mimi-Shedule-Overview).
                                        I know!
                                        I have to do it this year!
                                        But we have nothing confirmed yet
                                        I'm gonna bring back all dem colors

Originally posted by tee View Post
                                        ^ NoNo. Mariah is so full of inside jokes that this could have literally been something they talked about that night during the daydream era that never came true. Mariah could be doing a callback to that night, just for fun.
                                        Yeah, I agree, that's typical MiMi

Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                        Jojo dedicated a post on instagram to mariah and few artists sayinv period like lauren jauregui. I love jojo
                                        We love ha.

This vid has almost 1.5M views!

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                          Hot 100 rule change: As of this week's issue, the airplay tracking week for the chart will now end on Thursday.

Sales, streams and airplay tracking weeks are now aligned (start Friday, end Thursday).

New rules, this will bemefit all i want right?
                                          the song is so strong now that this will not affect at all. Remember when we had to calculate the week that conincided with Xmas week in order to reach No1, while the song already topped the chart 2 weeks earlier?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                                            Does anyone else hear a little similarity to Stay Long Love You and Somewhat Loved?
                                            Not really. Well, IMO.

And I'm a HUGE Stay Long Love You stan and I love Somewhat Loved.

I can hear a little of OMG tho.

The song has some of the Caution sound, but way less polished.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeyondIdolization View Post
                                              the song is so strong now that this will not affect at all. Remember when we had to calculate the week that conincided with Xmas week in order to reach No1, while the song already topped the chart 2 weeks earlier?
                                              Yeah!
                                              AIW slays so hard, it's incredible.
                                              Also remember how the song was still in the Top 10 the week after Xmas, with only 1 huge day of tracking (Friday 25th)
                                              Legendary behaviour.

Comment

• MC could've slayed the Superbowl back then during the TEOM Era.

Mariah Carey - Superbowl XL Halftime Show (Concept Mix)

Comment

• Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                                                  My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                                                  Forever and always!

Comment

• Deserved better

Comment

Working...
                                                    X