Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    I needed some of your drama stevyy it gives me life
    darling, there are people called haters, and we give them positivity. (MC, 2001).
    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      Reagrding Butterfly (song), from time to time I watch the Butterfly outro video from the SSFT where she did it to end all of her shows... and the song is pure purity on all fronts. It is probably the greatest ballad by anyone ever. The melody is so intricate and other-worldly... and the lyrics are mesmerizingly haunting... The whole production and everything around it, is perfect. If there ever was a perfect song, it is Butterfly.

My worship is real. She did what she had to do and nobody can ever top that.

I also love the Butterfly Outro from the SSFT.

Amazing attempts

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
        OMG, MIMI knows Loverboy. I am in heaven. Her best lead single ever. (yass I've said it).
        Now that's a strong statement.
        Brave lamb.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
        darling, there are people called haters, and we give them positivity. (MC, 2001).
        Iconic.

---

She has the 2 Songs Of The Decade in the Top 100 of US iTunes.

GOAT AKA WBT is climbing quite fast, currently at #72.

Comment

• I can’t believe the meltdowns over this box. I realize it’s too early for Xmas but obviously she needs to promote if she’s collaborating with a company lol.

You know I thought that given the apparent revenue that the Christmas Special brought in for Apple I thought maybe they’d collab on something not Xmas related.
          funny how one can learn
          to grow numb to the madness
          and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post
            I can’t believe the meltdowns over this box. I realize it’s too early for Xmas but obviously she needs to promote if she’s collaborating with a company lol.

You know I thought that given the apparent revenue that the Christmas Special brought in for Apple I thought maybe they’d collab on something not Xmas related.
            Yeah that would be good, but we wouldn't know at this moment anyways.

The amount of promo they gave the special was admirable tbh. I lowkey wished they did more for the Emmy nomination - like the billboard for the special could've probably been used for a FYC campaign.

But this is me being picky. They did a great job tying the special and soundtrack together on their platforms.
            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Bring us that summer smash Mimi. We need O.O.C. pt 2.
              Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
              www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
                Bring us that summer smash Mimi. We need O.O.C. pt 2.
                Yasss.
                Give me Cruise Contol, Migrate or O.O.C. 2.0 and I'll be a happy lamb

Comment

• US iTunes

WBT #68
                  OSD #82

This is quite iconic.

Both songs have spent together 30 weeks at #1 and both are Song Of The Decade.
                  Is this a huge flex or what?

Comment

• Would be cool if they both could manage to enter the R&B Digital Sales chart

Comment

• July 15th, Mariah's 25 greatest gainers. (Spotify)

01 - +202,969 - 2005 - We Belong Together
                      02 - +157,945 - 2009 - Obsessed
                      03 - +142,830 - 2003 - I Know What You Want
                      04 - +138,388 - 1996 - Always be my Baby
                      05 - +133,601 - 1995 - Fantasy
                      06 - +104,626 - 1993 - Hero
                      07 - +100,175 - 1994 - Without You
                      08 - +71,873 - 1995 - One Sweet Day
                      09 - +71,733 - 2008 - Touch my Body
                      10 - +58,694 - 1998 - When You Believe
                      --
                      11 - +56,897 - 2005 - Shake It Off
                      12 - +52,815 - 1999 - Heartbreaker
                      13 - +50,186 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
                      14 - +42,640 - 1994 - Endless Love
                      15 - +39,576 - 1991 - Emotions
                      16 - +39,095 - 1998 - My All
                      17 - +37,877 - 2005 - It's Like That
                      18 - +35,545 - 1992 - I'll Be There
                      19 - +32,308 - 2013 - #Beautiful
                      20 - +31,747 - 1995 - Fantasy Remix
                      --
                      21 - +31,623 - 1997 - Honey
                      22 - +31,089 - 2000 - Against All Odds
                      23 - +22,128 - 2000 - Thank God I Found You
                      24 - +21,568 - 1993 - Dreamlover
                      25 - +20,090 - 1990 - Vision of Love
                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                        Stripped Butterfly.

Wow.

Mariah should release this for 25 year Butterfly anniversary.

And start performing it on tour (god knows there are enough tired playback/lipped ballads in her setlist she could drop to start performing some lesser known gems like Butterfly, Melt Away, Joyride)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                          Mariah Carey celebrating the “Loverboy” 20th anniversary on TikTok

That was from May 2020 it’s not new

Comment

• As has been cited many times by fans and music critics alike, Mariahs voice changed somewhere in between the daydream and butterfly albums. I have heard theories that the gruelling non stop singing live on the daydream tour did it. But what if her voice change was due to secretly recording SUD at the same time? What if she over did it, or the rock style of singing did something to her chords? Something to ponder...

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                              Would be cool if they both could manage to enter the R&B Digital Sales chart
                              That would be dope.
                              They keep climbing.

US iTunes
                              WBT #63
                              OSD #77

I wonder how high they can go!

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                                As has been cited many times by fans and music critics alike, Mariahs voice changed somewhere in between the daydream and butterfly albums. I have heard theories that the gruelling non stop singing live on the daydream tour did it. But what if her voice change was due to secretly recording SUD at the same time? What if she over did it, or the rock style of singing did something to her chords? Something to ponder...
                                Don't think so.
                                Nodules, lack of sleep, working her voice non-stop, she wasn't in a good place emotionally neither.
                                She was going through a vocal hemorrhage during the DD Tour btw.
                                In any case, the biggest change was between Music Box & Merry Xmas/Daydream.
                                Butterfly was DD voice but raspier.
                                It got worse/raspier (and she lost ease in the upper range) until CB Tour when she hit her 2nd vocal peak.
                                And since 2015 has been hit or miss.
                                With the age being a factor, nodules getting worse and her lifestyle, it's more miss these days. Her lack of confidence due those fiascos (that have nothing to do with her voice per sť) made things even worse.

But when she's rested, having a good vocal day and feeling confident enough, she still can slay.

These are prime-esque vocals (2019).

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                                  As has been cited many times by fans and music critics alike, Mariahs voice changed somewhere in between the daydream and butterfly albums. I have heard theories that the gruelling non stop singing live on the daydream tour did it. But what if her voice change was due to secretly recording SUD at the same time? What if she over did it, or the rock style of singing did something to her chords? Something to ponder...
                                  Hey im almost never post but read this blog almost everyday hehe. Honestly, imo as someone who sings I don’t think the touring did much to damage her voice. Mariah’s vocal style has change a lot throughout time. A lot of it is due to technique, rest and stress. Also, Mariah seems sort of like ... ‘bohemian’ and she probably doesn’t always practice as much as she should. And to sing the way she sings on a consistent basis youd have to be practicing pretty vigorously and i dont think she’s that disciplined. She also drinks. Like A LOT. When she was with Tommy he probably was very strict with her. Bcuz her technique on ‘music box’ and ‘daydream’ was pretty solid. Her voice also changed dramatically there bcuz her tone became more rounded and balanced and also like ‘higher’ sounding. This I assume was to be able to deliver live performances more consistently.

Comment

• I think that all she needs to regain some of her vocal quality is rest. AFTER GLITTER - and we all know how she sounded during Rainbow promo - she sounded clear and strong. I obviously don't know what her vocal rest routine is... but not speaking for example is not helping much imo.

What I admired about Whitney was that even in her worst and darkest days... she did not lipsync one note. IF Mariah would properly train and work with a vocal coach and re-arrange her songs... she could still sing all them 100% live and they would all sound perfect. She still has a super fascinating voice and a great range... but the blatant lipping of parts of her songs... sometimes only mere words and then go live again... is annoying as fark.

Like.. the last 15 seconds of Hero... everything sounds super great and emotional when she is singing it live and I'm super connected to her performance and the song... and then this weird voice shift sets in and I'm out of the whole performance emotions-wise. It's so annoying... There is a performance of Emotions or CLG I can't remember which one it was... and she was ill while performing it... I believe it was on TOTP or sth... and she lowered the songs and sang in a range that was comfortable for her... and it sounded just beautiful.

I think she is doing herself a disservice with all the lipping that she is doing.

Sia, for example, just fought herself thru a song when her voice was completely gone and she got 0 flack for it. Adele is singing out of tune and is re-starting her performance... Mariah should not be ashamed of her abilities or feel the need to sound like the CD... A live performance is ultimately better than a CD recording... bc on a human level, we can connect with a live performance on a whole other level and it is always wonderful.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• All valid points. But honestly look mariah is mariah. She has everything at her disposal. She has all the potential to be in tip top shape. It all falls on her, her ego her motivation. When she wants to be that mariah from ‘93 she can. Let those beacon shows from 2014 be a testament. When she sang hero, i honestly gagged. Like even now. She delivered VOCALS. Im sure there are many factors that go into. But when she needs to prove a point she proves it. From what i observe, Mariah is very unstable emotionally and not a disciplined person. Idk. The point is, her voice despite the nodules and wear tear is THERE. mariah is mariah. She is a genius. But geniuses are also their worst enemies. Mariah is no exception.

Comment

• We also saw it in 2002-2006. She had something to prove and she worked her ass off for it. I remember the vote or die campaign in 2004 and thinking, wow she is so focused right now! I think the hard work she put in for Charmbracelet plus the motivation she must have received after IKWYW hit #3 combined to make her go for it all on the next album/era.

She is Mariah Carey...a once in a lifetime artist. Also one with talent beyond our wildest imaginations. She knows how to be #1 again. But all her efforts seem to be on AIWFCIY now.

Comment

• It's been 3 years since Caution album..
                                          Time flies..
                                          We need new album that is hot and fresh.

Caution (song) part 2 feat. Ariana & Cardi B would be amazing.
                                          Last edited by Anderson; Sat July 17, 2021, 03:36.
                                          Mariah Carey x BTS
                                          #20th No.1

Comment

• No to Cardi B. This thing of throwing Cardi on tracks is boring and overdone. Her raps lately are just her talking about her pink P**** and how much she loves D***. I think she is so overrated and she will add nothing artistically to Mariahs work.
                                            " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                            Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Wow imagine your biggest idol like that

Comment

• It’s as if Mariah never spoke about sex in her songs, or ejaculate or how it feels when d**k is inside, or had artists featured who wanted to eat p***y home for lunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                  It’s as if Mariah never spoke about sex in her songs, or ejaculate or how it feels when d**k is inside, or had artists featured who wanted to eat p***y home for lunch.
                                                  honey it's all about swallowing c** and how good it feels inside, and I love it

Comment

• WBT is #52 now! Hopefully it can sustain its momentum through the week!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X