Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    WBT is #52 now! Hopefully it can sustain its momentum through the week!
    What happened ? What did i miss?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
      No to Cardi B. This thing of throwing Cardi on tracks is boring and overdone. Her raps lately are just her talking about her pink P**** and how much she loves D***. I think she is so overrated and she will add nothing artistically to Mariahs work.
      I don't prefer Cardi B too tbh... because of that...
      but Mariah seems to eagerly want to work with her considering the last interview between two..
      I think it could happen on her next album but probably a big budget will be needed.
      Last edited by Anderson; Sat July 17, 2021, 08:14.

Comment

• I find billboard so different as it used to be lately haha i miss the old days. I cant believe BTS is about to get their 5th number 1 in a period of 1 year and all of them debut. im not saying if it is fair or no, but the past few years is sooo different as it used to be. I remember seeing the songs growing up till reaching number 1

Comment

• BTS replaces themselves on the #1 spot on the hot 100 with their new song lol
          Billboard should change the rules. Too many hot shot #1 debuts..
          Unfair compared to the past...
          Do you know they already have 4 #1 debut songs..? It's crazy..
          I'm 100% sure that Mariah & BTS collabo song for Christmas is also gonna skyrocket to the top if the duet happens.
          20 is 20
          Last edited by Anderson; Sat July 17, 2021, 08:41.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

What happened ? What did i miss?
            It’s discounted to 69cents alongside One Sweet Day. ITunes is doing a promo of R&B hits.
            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

It’s as if Mariah never spoke about sex in her songs, or ejaculate or how it feels when d**k is inside, or had artists featured who wanted to eat p***y home for lunch.
              Bliss is essentially a four-minute orgasm.

And then there is the subtle filth that is Loverboy.

I’m not opposed to overt expressions of sexuality in music, but if it’s particularly unartful, what’s the point? I say this as someone who enjoys songs like WAP.

Comment

• unfortunately her ability to sound and sing like the early 90s is gone. Singing one note like the 90s doesn’t mean she can carry and entire song properly. She was in the stratosphere back in the days, going through the range so effortlessly and belting so clearly.

but now…

she goes out of breath more easily
                She cracks which makes her more nervous
                she breaks up the note because she can’t sustain a proper long one properly
                too raspy at times and her tone is not as pleasant as before
                i would say the childish, little flutters she adds to notes is very offputtting
                all the breathy singing is because she’s compensating for a lack of solid mid range

I can see improvements in the sustaining of notes but still can see the other aspects.

I wished she had protected her voice more. Yes voices age but her voice now is miles from where it was. Unlike someone like a Celine, Toni or dare I say it even Madonna (which actually still has a decent tone)

Imagine if we still had the same quality of voice on the 90s over recent albums. She would still dominate.

Originally posted by aydeep888 View Post
                All valid points. But honestly look mariah is mariah. She has everything at her disposal. She has all the potential to be in tip top shape. It all falls on her, her ego her motivation. When she wants to be that mariah from ‘93 she can. Let those beacon shows from 2014 be a testament. When she sang hero, i honestly gagged. Like even now. She delivered VOCALS. Im sure there are many factors that go into. But when she needs to prove a point she proves it. From what i observe, Mariah is very unstable emotionally and not a disciplined person. Idk. The point is, her voice despite the nodules and wear tear is THERE. mariah is mariah. She is a genius. But geniuses are also their worst enemies. Mariah is no exception.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                  unfortunately her ability to sound and sing like the early 90s is gone. Singing one note like the 90s doesn’t mean she can carry and entire song properly. She was in the stratosphere back in the days, going through the range so effortlessly and belting so clearly.

but now…

she goes out of breath more easily
                  She cracks which makes her more nervous
                  she breaks up the note because she can’t sustain a proper long one properly
                  too raspy at times and her tone is not as pleasant as before
                  i would say the childish, little flutters she adds to notes is very offputtting
                  all the breathy singing is because she’s compensating for a lack of solid mid range

I can see improvements in the sustaining of notes but still can see the other aspects.

I wished she had protected her voice more. Yes voices age but her voice now is miles from where it was. Unlike someone like a Celine, Toni or dare I say it even Madonna (which actually still has a decent tone)

Imagine if we still had the same quality of voice on the 90s over recent albums. She would still dominate.

Id argue that a reason for her live singing is due to poor vocal hygiene. If you dont practice and rest the way you should it will be evident in your live vocals. Also, mariahs records are sung in really high key. She naturally is a lower voice so tessitura plays a huge role. Even she has said it, during the questlove interview she was like that she loves caution but vocally it couldve been so much better. Then she referenced how in butterfly she had all the time in the world to just focus on singing. Suggesting that its not something that just comes to her naturally. The more u use your voice sustainably the healthier and stronger it gets.
                  She honestly just doesnt care all like that anymore. It gets really taxing. Shes now in her 50’s. She’s probably like child i ainr got time. I made a coin. Bye bish

Comment

• banksy WAP is an effing bop
                    After listening to that Megan x Mariah Shake it off mashup, I'd be intrigued to hear Stallion jump on a Meemz banger, tbh.

Her flow is much better than Cardi's.
                    Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Mariah should have used the two years off to get the vocal surgery. Then she could have still written a new album and recorded it in 2022.
                      AIWFCIY could have sustained itself for a year without her performing it.

Comment

• If people want to remain stuck in the past and hear her sound like the 90s they could always go back to the 90s albums and performances she gave and relive it. There is no shortage of material.

Comment

If people want to remain stuck in the past and hear her sound like the 90s they could always go back to the 90s albums and performances she gave and relive it. There is no shortage of material.

no duh, what we’re talking about here is her voice and it’s condition and what could’ve been had she protected her voice more.

The reality is she’s paying now for that lack of protecting her voice. People come to her to here that voice, she sets the bar so high that now that she can’t do that and do that well consistently it turns people off. Hence the lack of touring draw compared to her peers.

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                            Mariah should have used the two years off to get the vocal surgery. Then she could have still written a new album and recorded it in 2022.
                            AIWFCIY could have sustained itself for a year without her performing it.
                            I do wonder how much surgery can turn her voice back to what it was before or at least bring back the tone. Though are there any experts around who can tell us how much she can expect to get back?

thd biggest turnoff I have with her voice today is the tone. It just sounds too sharp and squeekish. It lacks a solid support.

though would you take the risk? Keep it as is. or forever risk not being able to sing properly again . Big risk to take.

Comment

• She cant sing properly now. That is not a dig, it is the reality. 80% of her live performances are lipped. The other parts are squeaky. She has very little confidence in her voice and seems nervous af.

She has made the choice to keep performing and putting out music. She also refuses to lower the key or arrangement to fit her current abilities. So getting rid of the nodules might be the best course for her if she wants to keep doing this for another twenty years.

Comment

no duh, what we’re talking about here is her voice and it’s condition and what could’ve been had she protected her voice more.

The reality is she’s paying now for that lack of protecting her voice. People come to her to here that voice, she sets the bar so high that now that she can’t do that and do that well consistently it turns people off. Hence the lack of touring draw compared to her peers.

I find it very passive aggressive to tell people to listen to her past songs if they want to hear Mariah in good vocal shape. Why cant she be in good vocal shape now?!? Are people living in the best just because they want the best for MC??

Comment

She cant sing properly now. That is not a dig, it is the reality. 80% of her live performances are lipped. The other parts are squeaky. She has very little confidence in her voice and seems nervous af.

She has made the choice to keep performing and putting out music. She also refuses to lower the key or arrangement to fit her current abilities. So getting rid of the nodules might be the best course for her if she wants to keep doing this for another twenty years.
                                  Apparently Celine lips as well though the way she is able to hide it or they way they mix that with her live vocals is incredible. If you’re going to lip it make it count. With Mariah it’s very obvious.

take for example that Iheart concert, it was very noticeable what was lipped. She should focus more on rehearsals and perfecting that if she’s gonna lip cause it just looks bad if it doesn’t.

Perhaps her legacy and that of Whitney’s is also to protect your voice. Something that I hope Ariana and future singer singers take into mind.

Comment

• Mariah Carey may not have THAT (INSANE) range and her vocals live aren't so fluid and flexible like they used to be, HOWEVER this is a normal revolution... she is 50 and sang her all life!!! plus, she sang some of the most complicated and difficult runs EVER for YEARS and that will effect your voice and ability, as it would for any one.
                                    In my opinion she is still the greatest singer then & now.
                                    BTW her live performances are far from 80% lipped - not true at all.
                                    #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

I find it very passive aggressive to tell people to listen to her past songs if they want to hear Mariah in good vocal shape. Why cant she be in good vocal shape now?!? Are people living in the best just because they want the best for MC??
                                      Some fans give her a pass too easily. I think it was said previously. They settle for the mediocre or just hide behind the “I like the way her voice sounds now” despite its shortcomings. That’s why I feel she is missing that hustle, the original perfectionist Mariah. If she wants to do it properly she would be rehearsing and training harder. That’s why I respect Celine more in the way she protects her voice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post
                                        Mariah Carey may not have THAT (INSANE) range and her vocals live aren't so fluid and flexible like they used to be, HOWEVER this is a normal revolution... she is 50 and sang her all life!!! plus, she sang some of the most complicated and difficult runs EVER for YEARS and that will effect your voice and ability, as it would for any one.
                                        In my opinion she is still the greatest singer then & now.
                                        BTW her live performances are far from 80% lipped - not true at all.
                                        Celine has been doing the same thing and has toured for over a decade. She still seems to be doing better. Her tone is still warm and rich regardless if it’s lipped.

Mariah has lost the most important thing, it’s her tone. I don’t mind if she doesn’t go for the stratosphere but the tone is lost. What a shame.

Comment

• Ok sis obviously you’re no longer a fan, so move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                            Ok sis obviously you’re no longer a fan, so move on.
                                            lol, I don’t need you to tell me whether I’m a fan or not.
                                            Keep it nice.

Comment

• To be fair, your last several posts for the last several weeks have all trended in one direction.

Comment

lol, I don’t need you to tell me whether I’m a fan or not.
                                                Keep it nice.
                                                If you didn’t think that was nice, you don’t wanna see ugly.

Comment

• Critical, yes. and thinking she should be doing better and approaching things differently. Yes it’s in that direction.

Also, your posts have also trended in one direction lately as well. One of the poster above said it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post

If you didn’t think that was nice, you don’t wanna see ugly.

feel free to pm me directly with your thoughts if you’re not comfortable sharing that here. The fact is not everyone has one line of thought nor do I fall into the usual category (which many posters on this forum seem to be) of loving everything she does without being critical and wanting and hoping she does better

Comment

Working...
                                                    X