Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
    Wow, that was incredible. Those arrangements and vocals. She took it somewhere else and if we could get an album full of cuts in that vein she’d get a Grammy in a second (not that she cares)

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
      They used indie uploader TuneCore to upload, no label, so it’s LQ audio, you can only listen in 360p

I hope they make it HD audio like the video version, that may be why we can’t hear the reverb
      That could be the reason.

Anyway, she slayed hard.

Comment

• Ahhhhhhhhh I love the raspiness behind her whistles, she gives you all the textures

Comment

• That was the best 7min it was like the last few minutes of Giving me life... It gave me life its already 4 am where I am and now I can't sleep anymore

Comment

• 7 minutes of heaven!
            I AM A GOD!

Comment

• I’m actually obsessed with the second half of this. There are some real moments and the live jam vibe just brings out the beauty of her instrument

Comment

• Comment

• This 7 minute version’s got me real excited to see what Mimi’s got cooking for a new album!!! Wow

Comment

• Originally posted by darnellabc View Post
                    7 minutes of heaven!
                    You said it.

Comment

• Mimi did this 'cause we were complaining about the lack of re-sung remixes, so she decided to shut up our mouths and take our wigs to Mars in the process.

Comment

• Comment

• Yep, amazing. Mariah really changed it up a lot more than I was expecting.

Also, I just know the Jeremimi cover of this new extended WBT is going to be something indescribable

Comment

• I love the 2nd half of the 7m version. Well, not that i don't like the first half... but the second half is also divine. Them whistles sound really good.

Mariah should - from now on - only use live instrumentation for her recordings, especially electric guitars.
                            My Chart

Comment

• Really love this, the second part is very similar to When Christmas Comes, and those whistles as she transitions into the third part are incredible.

I want her to redo a whole album like this. TEOM would sound amazing in this style.
                              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                              Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                Really love this, the second part is very similar to When Christmas Comes, and those whistles as she transitions into the third part are incredible.

I want her to redo a whole album like this. TEOM would sound amazing in this style.
                                I hear absolutely 0 similarities with When Christmas Comes.
                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                  Wow, that was incredible. Those arrangements and vocals. She took it somewhere else and if we could get an album full of cuts in that vein she’d get a Grammy in a second (not that she cares)
                                  remember when she released the best album of 2018 and wasn't even nominated? She will never get another Grammy. But that is OK bc we know why and we also don't care anymore.

All we need is for her to continue to make great music and be in the spotlight for her music and accomplishments... which is easy for her...

My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I hear absolutely 0 similarities with When Christmas Comes.
                                    Maybe listen again, specifically to the instrumental. IT is very similar.

My god, those whistles are SO piercing.
                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                      Mariah should - from now on - only use live instrumentation for her recordings, especially electric guitars.
                                      Her voice soars with electric guitars, e.g. GML Outro. You're right. We need more of this.

Comment

• I wonder if she's also posting video footage from this jam session/extended 7 min version - or only the audio - or maybe both.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Her voice soars with electric guitars, e.g. GML Outro. You're right. We need more of this.
                                          absolutely. Rock is HER future... well AC Rock with an R&B flavour. That's my opinion.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• Pure heaven.
                                            Hope we get a video of that 7min run as well.
                                            music.is.life.is.music

Comment

• The instrumental is more reminiscent of Bobby Womack's IFYTYLN.
                                              I don't hear WCC either, thank God
                                              Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                                                  The instrumental is more reminiscent of Bobby Womack's IFYTYLN.
                                                  I don't hear WCC either, thank God
                                                  Yes it is!

Comment

• She sounds free if you know what I mean. No corporate pressure, free to explore all her textures and nuances of that incredible instrument, her voice. I noticed it in Caution the album, she’s doing what she wants, what she likes and it’s beautiful, we’re so lucky. Any future album may be the same
                                                    Last edited by monarcbutterfly; Tue February 16, 2021, 23:46.
                                                    ...as I close my eyes, steady my feet on the ground.....

Comment

Working...
                                                    X