Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    99% of Mariah's songs ... especially the ballads.... are un-singable today... bc nobody has the range or vocal timbre to do them justice anymore... (same goes for any Whitney song).
    Uh... you haven't heard me sing, clearly!

Yeah, Mariah and Whitney possess two of the most magical voices in pop music.
    Just exceptional and to me they still haven't been met with a contemporary.
    MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
      Ari attended the Xtina concert this week. I hope now that Ari and Mariah are more friendly she'll attend some future MC concert too. I need to see Ari fangirling
      I need a live TV performance of Oh Santa! Remix in a late night show!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
        Breakdown is so hard… the flow… the vocals… the LYRICS… omg bitches could never
        What she did there. A masterpiece. Bow down bishes.

Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
        Oh my goodness. I don't remember seeing/hearing that performance.
        What an incredible version of the song!

The vocals and melodic changes are sublime. Very emotive performance.

And that sounds like drums coming in at the end... I need a new performance like that Mariah, with heavy duty percussion!!!
        It's from '10 when she performed at Pyramids Panorama in Egypt for Etisalat's 3rd Anniversary celebration (May 17th, '10).

She sounded amazing!

Check the whole show!

She did her thing on Dreamlover, it was so good!

Dreamlover.

I'll Be There was also great!

I'll Be There.

Here's the full set-list:

It's Like That
        Dreamlover
        Shake It Off
        Touch My Body
        I'll Be There
        Emotions
        Always Be My Baby
        Honey
        My All
        Obsessed
        We Belong Together
        Hero
        Without You

Last edited by Shaka; Tue July 20, 2021, 14:49.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
          This is the cutest

OMG this is so cute and amazing.

RoeRoe is such a star.
          She's like a mini-Mariah.
          The husky voice, the hair, the poses. Like slay!

Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
          Adorable! The twins literally stole Mariahs voice they sound so much like her!
          I know, haha.
          Roc's voice is also husky like Mariah's.

MC genes run all over 'em!

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
          Here is the youtube upload:

I love it!

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
          Monroe is so cute. The whole add is so wholesome. I love the surprising "someday" promo here as well.. Monroe not only uses the song title multiple times... she also looks like MC in the video. yass.
          I know!

RoeRoe is trolling Mariah with the Someday promo

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
            Yeah, Mariah and Whitney possess two of the most magical voices in pop music.
            Just exceptional and to me they still haven't been met with a contemporary.
            This is true.
            They've been looking for the next-Mariah for years and even the next-Vocal Trinity now.
            Ain't happening gurls, sorry

---

Btw, WBT is steady at #34 on US iTunes and not showing sings of decline.

Can the song enter the digital sale song charts if it remains this stable until the tracking week ends? stevyy

Comment

• Re OshKosh ad:

Comment

• Let's celebrate its anniversary with the fabulous 2020 version from TMOMC:

She nailed that.

Comment

• A shame Mariah missed out on record store day and the idea that Questlove gave her regarding Her version of SUD. I think a limited release for that on vinyl would lead to enormous amounts of money being thrown around for copies.
                  funny how one can learn
                  to grow numb to the madness
                  and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                    A shame Mariah missed out on record store day and the idea that Questlove gave her regarding Her version of SUD. I think a limited release for that on vinyl would lead to enormous amounts of money being thrown around for copies.
                    I know

Comment

• Have you guys heard the interview with Kristofer and mariahreport. Kristofer said they are going to be siin in the middle of planning and choosing new looks for the new xmas special!

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                        Have you guys heard the interview with Kristofer and mariahreport. Kristofer said they are going to be siin in the middle of planning and choosing new looks for the new xmas special!
                        Sorry, can you clarify? I think it's a typo. Are you saying they are still in the middle of planning?
                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Sorry, can you clarify? I think it's a typo. Are you saying they are still in the middle of planning?
                          Going to be soon* sorry he said he was talking with her the other day and soon they are going to do the selection of make up look and all that for the new xmas special:
                          link here:

https://anchor.fm/themariahreport

Almost at the end

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

Going to be soon* sorry he said he was talking with her the other day and soon they are going to do the selection of make up look and all that for the new xmas special:
                            link here:

https://anchor.fm/themariahreport

Almost at the end
                            Thanks! So happy they are working on a second edition of the special. I wonder if she will be involved with the writing this time or craft a new song for it.

Comment

• I'm with the camp saying she's doing too much Christmas stuff.

It's not the money, is it? She must not really need the money, I'm thinking..
                              I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• its the money.

Comment

A shame Mariah missed out on record store day and the idea that Questlove gave her regarding Her version of SUD. I think a limited release for that on vinyl would lead to enormous amounts of money being thrown around for copies.
                                  That was literally the worst idea ever uttered in an interview... bc that way... only a few would get to hear the album... They can do that AND put in on streaming services... but that wasn't his idea... pressing like 5,000 vinyl copies... would still make the music unavailable for me... and that cannot be.
                                  My Chart

Comment

I would give anything to hear her version of “Malibu”

Just a tease song this year would have been great, followed by maybe a full HBO Chick movie slash documentary or something like that next year with the full album

She could have even done a cheerleader stomp “Malibu” remix, still rock but with a rhythmic beat, with like Lil Nas X, Millie, Courtney Love, and other celebrity friends (Kardasians? Mindy Kaling, Paris Hilton, Jennifer Anniston, Naomi) on background vocals since they don’t have to be in pitch and Dave Grohl on drums for a big fun music video

I have a harder time getting into the Christmas spirit as a lamb in years where there’s not much else new music wise
                                    Last edited by allygdale; Tue July 20, 2021, 17:39.

Comment

• Yawn… before I begin, let me start by saying I think she’s doing a bit too much with the Christmas stuff too… but to say it’s for the money, IMO, is a bit ridiculous. Reports are out every year in how much AIW makes her in royalties and how much it’s made her since 94. The checks are clearing. How many more interviews do we have to watch Mariah explain her genuine love and interest in the Christmas season before we finally realize this is what she WANTS to do. Not to mention, Apple TV+ is a major streaming service and they want those numbers again. This ain’t the quick cash grab schemes we were seeing go on in 2016-2017. This is big budget stuff that for the 5 years I’ve been a member of this forum I’ve seen everyone begging for. Sure it’s not for a music video or anything, but y’all have to admit the first special was wildly entertaining and that we can expect something even bigger for the second.
                                      funny how one can learn
                                      to grow numb to the madness
                                      and block it away

Comment

• I dont think it is the money what it takes her to do all this. It is feeling the love for xmas and plus it alllows her to have the budget ahe thinks she and her art deserves. People wont pay moneg towards a normal project of MC but they do for xmas. She is an artist and she wants the best quality for it. Thinking she does this only for money... makes me sad for your heart. But anyway, she loves doing all this for us and seriously some of you look like proper hater

Comment

Thanks! So happy they are working on a second edition of the special. I wonder if she will be involved with the writing this time or craft a new song for it.
                                          I hope she invites Ariana again :-(

Comment

• In all honesty, even if it's only for money (which it's not), it's her right.

Let the good sis make her coin!

Comment

• I am fine with her Christmas stuff as long as it's in the Christmas season, not this early...
                                              Like come on...

Comment

• Originally posted by mariahcareyfan View Post
                                                I am fine with her Christmas stuff as long as it's in the Christmas season, not this early...
                                                Like come on...
                                                The only thing Christmas related she's done so far is announce that she has a Christmas box coming out in November and during Twitter Live with fans mentioned that she's working on the Christmas special.

I am unsure as to when people think these things come together but they take time. It should be an encouraging sign that she is planning things so far in advance tbh.

Sony and her management prepared for AIWFCIY, when it first hit #1, nearly a year in advance. Perhaps if Oh Santa remix was also prepared for with such an extended period, it would have done better in chart debut.

Comment

• I also think these things take time but I agree that the box thing is too early. Personally I think they should have at least waited for summer to be over.
                                                  Everything, it only fades...

Comment

• Bruce Grayson & James Mackinnon - The Makeup Team for "Mariah Carey's Magical Christmas Special"

*Make up artists Bruce Grayson & James Mackinnon discuss their work for "Mariah Carey's Magical Christmas Special" & talk about their EMMY® NOMINATION for "Outstanding Contemporary Makeup for a Variety, Nonfiction or Reality Program". Watch more at FabTV.com.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X