Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Yerac View Post
    Going to be soon* sorry he said he was talking with her the other day and soon they are going to do the selection of make up look and all that for the new xmas special:
    link here:

    https://anchor.fm/themariahreport

    Almost at the end
    Thanx for sharing!

    Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    Thanks! So happy they are working on a second edition of the special. I wonder if she will be involved with the writing this time or craft a new song for it.
    I'm here for it.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Milano View Post
      I'm with the camp saying she's doing too much Christmas stuff.


      It's not the money, is it? She must not really need the money, I'm thinking..
      I think it's too early to talk about it, but these things take lots of time.
      Remember that Mariah started to plan the first Xmas Special with Apple one year in advance.

      And nah, it's not just the money.
      She just loves it and enjoys it.
      Of course she's getting money out of it but that's not what stimulates her.

      Originally posted by LambChild View Post
      Yawn… before I begin, let me start by saying I think she’s doing a bit too much with the Christmas stuff too… but to say it’s for the money, IMO, is a bit ridiculous. Reports are out every year in how much AIW makes her in royalties and how much it’s made her since 94. The checks are clearing. How many more interviews do we have to watch Mariah explain her genuine love and interest in the Christmas season before we finally realize this is what she WANTS to do. Not to mention, Apple TV+ is a major streaming service and they want those numbers again. This ain’t the quick cash grab schemes we were seeing go on in 2016-2017. This is big budget stuff that for the 5 years I’ve been a member of this forum I’ve seen everyone begging for. Sure it’s not for a music video or anything, but y’all have to admit the first special was wildly entertaining and that we can expect something even bigger for the second.


      Originally posted by Yerac View Post
      I hope she invites Ariana again :-(
      Yes!!! Please, Meemz!!! (they read us )

      Originally posted by allygdale View Post
      I would give anything to hear her version of “Malibu”
      I want it. I mean, I need it.

      Comment


      • Omg this could actually be a motown record I loved this!

        Comment


        • She actually got sued by the band Emotions for not crediting the song Best Of My Love.
          If I remember, she settled the case and had to pay them a settlement.

          Originally posted by Imopink1 View Post
          Omg this could actually be a motown record I loved this!

          http://marcokircher.com
          http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

          My YT Channel!
          https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
          IG: marco235

          Comment


          • If there’s gonna be another Xmas special i guess they should started filming very soon to be ready to edit and everything to be released first thing in December. I guess she was already recording in the studio the songs. I hope there’s gonna be some big surprises appearances like she surprised us with Ari and JHUD last year

            Comment


            • Originally posted by mariahcareyfan View Post
              I am fine with her Christmas stuff as long as it's in the Christmas season, not this early...
              Like come on...
              Can we agree though that the timing of this box isn't in Mariah's control? She has a contract with this company. They probably pay her a royalty or fixed sum to use her brand and create this box. They know what kind of marketing works and what doesn't. This one ad probably was a test for them to gauge interest and plan production. It was one single post about a product that needs pre-orders, four months prior to release. Mariah is not sitting at home planning the marketing campaign for these products.

              Is she doing it for the money? No. If she was in the industry for the money, Mariah would make more commercial music. Her Christmas music is HER music though. She wrote that song and it's a worldwide hit every year. Right now it's her strongest song, and it opens a lot of doors for her. It also allows her to be one of the most streamed artists every year, as her peers fall behind.

              Is she overdoing Christmas because she made one post during what people increasingly call Christmas in July, which is also when her Christmas catalog starts gaining traction?
              Last edited by markwalde; Tue July 20, 2021, 21:29.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                The only thing Christmas related she's done so far is announce that she has a Christmas box coming out in November and during Twitter Live with fans mentioned that she's working on the Christmas special.

                I am unsure as to when people think these things come together but they take time. It should be an encouraging sign that she is planning things so far in advance tbh.

                Sony and her management prepared for AIWFCIY, when it first hit #1, nearly a year in advance. Perhaps if Oh Santa remix was also prepared for with such an extended period, it would have done better in chart debut.
                Yep, as I said and we know, these things take a lot of time from the planning/creative process to the actual creation and then the final output, with the post-production, etc.

                I think we're bitter 'cause she stopped MC30 and didn't give us SUD

                I was more interested in news about new music (other than SL) than on Xmas stuff, at least this month (and the next one, LOL). But I understand what they're doing and why.

                Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                If there’s gonna be another Xmas special i guess they should started filming very soon to be ready to edit and everything to be released first thing in December. I guess she was already recording in the studio the songs. I hope there’s gonna be some big surprises appearances like she surprised us with Ari and JHUD last year
                Exactly.
                Remember that scene that Ari showed the past December ('20) in her Netflix Special where Mariah was asking her to do that part in AIW bridge for the Celebrity Edition video that came out a year earlier (in '19).
                At that point they were probably already talking about the Apple's project.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by markwalde View Post
                  Can we agree though that the timing of this box isn't in Mariah's control? She has a contract with this company. They probably pay her a royalty or fixed sum to use her brand and create this box. They know what kind of marketing works and what doesn't. This one ad probably was a test for them to gauge interest and plan production. It was one single post about a product that needs pre-orders, four months prior to release. Mariah is not sitting at home planning the marketing campaign for these products.

                  Is she doing it for the money? No. If she was in the industry for the money, Mariah would make more commercial music. Her Christmas music is HER music though. She wrote that song and it's a worldwide hit every year. Right now it's her strongest song, and it opens a lot of doors for her. It also allows her to be one of the most streamed artists every year, as her peers fall behind.

                  Is she overdoing Christmas because she made one post during what people increasingly call Christmas in July, which is also when her Christmas catalog starts gaining traction?
                  Nailed it.

                  Comment


                  • Sorry. Still not convinced. I wholeheartedly agree that Mariah is not sitting there planning this herself. At the same time, whoever is doing so, is assumed to be a professional who can get the operations organized even if it’s after summer. I don’t see how that’s such a criminal expectation.
                    At the end of the day it’s just a box and not that deep.
                    Everything, it only fades...

                    Comment


                    • Apparently, and I just heard this yesterday.. that Christmas in July is actually a thing.. so maybe this announcement was done to coincide with that who knows.
                      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                      Pronouns: He / Him

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                        Apparently, and I just heard this yesterday.. that Christmas in July is actually a thing.. so maybe this announcement was done to coincide with that who knows.
                        Where is it a thing? In the U.S.? That's a fair point then if the loot crate is a U.S. only thing (I have no idea if it is or isn't actually).
                        Last edited by Robby; Tue July 20, 2021, 23:05.
                        Everything, it only fades...

                        Comment


                        • Yes, this Christmas in July IS actually a thing and it has started to catch on for the past couple of years if I'm not mistaken. BET and Hallmark have been airing Christmas movies (yes, really!) at various points throughout this month because of "Christmas in July".

                          Comment


                          • You can find more information about Christmas in July on wikipedia lol heres the link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chri...on%20July%2012.

                            Comment


                            • Also Mariah Carey was supposed to sing AIWFCIY at the FEQ in Quebec City (one of the biggest festival in North America). The FEQ was campaigning for “Christmas in July” but she just did not have the time to sing the encore as a big storm came full force during the performance and we got evacuated but rumor has it she was going to sing AIWFCIY in July. She probably got the idea from there that it was “a thing”

                              Comment


                              • Christmas in July has always been a thing in the US since I was a kid. We would go to Summer Camp and they even brought a snow making machine to spit out snow and we had snowball fights.
                                This was in Florida where it nevers snows.
                                fun times!
                                http://marcokircher.com
                                http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

                                My YT Channel!
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                IG: marco235

                                Comment


                                • Do you guys think the 9 minutes thing is related to All I want for Christmas is you. Maybe a new version like WBT? i know it wont be this but i wouldnt mind a 9 minute version of Oh santa with Ari and Jhud

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                    You can find more information about Christmas in July on wikipedia lol heres the link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chri...on%20July%2012.
                                    Didn't now that was a thing!
                                    Nice!

                                    In the Northern Hemisphere, a Christmas in July celebration is deliberately
                                    ironic; the July climate is typically hot and either sunny or rainy with thunderstorms, as opposed to the cold and snowy conditions traditionally associated with Christmas celebrations in the higher latitudes of the Northern Hemisphere. Some people throw parties during July that mimic Christmas celebrations, bringing the atmosphere of Christmas but with warmer temperatures. Parties may include Santa Claus, ice cream and other cold foods, and gifts. Nightclubs often host parties open to the public. Christmas in July is usually recognized as July 25 but also sometimes celebrated on July 12.


                                    I'm shook, how festive is that!

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                                      Christmas in July has always been a thing in the US since I was a kid. We would go to Summer Camp and they even brought a snow making machine to spit out snow and we had snowball fights.
                                      This was in Florida where it nevers snows.
                                      fun times!
                                      I love to know about traditions from other countries
                                      Here's winter rn but we don't have that type of festivities

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                        Do you guys think the 9 minutes thing is related to All I want for Christmas is you. Maybe a new version like WBT? i know it wont be this but i wouldnt mind a 9 minute version of Oh santa with Ari and Jhud
                                        She recorded it in March I think, so no, it has nothing to do with Oh Santa! Remix.
                                        Also, it was right after the WBT (MLNM), so I assume is a mix of some of her classics.
                                        Mariah, I know u're reading us, please do another Lambily Lounge and tell us more about that 9-min thing please

                                        Comment


                                        • I love that ‘Best of my love/Emotions’ mashup! ‘Best of my love’ is one of my favourite songs. Alsoooo I made this ‘Sampled by Mariah’ playlist if anyone is interested? Her music taste is impeccable!



                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                                            She actually got sued by the band Emotions for not crediting the song Best Of My Love.
                                            If I remember, she settled the case and had to pay them a settlement.


                                            She was not suee by the band I believe but by the writer/producers.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Diamondedition View Post

                                              I only hear whitney’s”’she and I probably have the some inflections… “ riff in it.
                                              it’s a total bop btw. Something like this for Mariah, even if it’s just on the remix ( but that video concept would’ve been great too) would do wonders for her.

                                              I know it was traumatic for her but I do think Mariah can do some freebased dancing by herself pretty well. Isn’t it that what made the ILT video work so well?

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                                                I love that ‘Best of my love/Emotions’ mashup! ‘Best of my love’ is one of my favourite songs. Alsoooo I made this ‘Sampled by Mariah’ playlist if anyone is interested? Her music taste is impeccable!



                                                I don’t remember her sampling half of those songs. When did she sample Ain’t No Way?

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Imopink1 View Post
                                                  Omg this could actually be a motown record I loved this!

                                                  OMG. THIS. IS. FLAWLESS.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                                    Apparently, and I just heard this yesterday.. that Christmas in July is actually a thing.. so maybe this announcement was done to coincide with that who knows.
                                                    Yep - that's what I was saying a few pages back.

                                                    It's a thing in Australia because well, actual Christmas is in our summer. So people who want the winter experience of Christmas - to celebrate in the cold weather, with fireplaces, and bad Christmas sweaters, and warms drinks etc do it in July.

                                                    I always thought it was odd, till I went to a hotel in the mountains near Sydney in winter and it was decked out in all these Christmas decorations, and it felt really nice.
                                                    MESMARIAHSING!

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X