Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sm3 View Post

They need to:
    a) Release a music video to promote the song now.
    b) Promote the song by having a nice live performance of it on some show like they did with Babyface
    c) Send it to AC and HAC This is Mariah after all, she will get some love from those formats. If WY did then this definitely should as it is better
    Coming back to this, all this may be good for fans but maybe their money and time is better spent advertising at UAC/AC radio formats and giving interviews. Advertisements in the form of those banners on radio sites or maybe those intro jingles for specific stations where MC or JJ&TL talk about the song or something.

I don't think a music video will do much in terms of numbers nor do I think a live performance will do anything but again, these are great rewards for fans.
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• My love is a bop!
      And her raw vocals are out of this effing world.
      RaspyRiah is where it's at.
      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

You need Jesus bae
        And some new ears as well
        I’m a Sagittarius. We don’t lie about how we feel to fit in. She was struggling vocally in 2008, for one reason or another, but that didn’t make me love her any less. Einstein was still in heavy rotation for me.

Comment

• Roe is genius. Love her!
          fan base only & one 4 Mariah Carey is on Everything about Mariah Carey Infos
          http://mariahcareyinfos.forumactif.com/forum

Comment

• "Someday" is dope! There's nothing to dislike it in that #1 smash. Catchy as hell, great bridge, explosive chorus and a killer vocal on top.
            Those friends of mine who don't like her, LOVE "Someday." No joke.

Comment

• Mariahs taste in her own music can be quite questionable lol
              To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                I did! It was awesome too. She sounded strong that night.
                Yep!
                All her 2010 shows were so good (Giza Pyramids Egypt, Barretos, Singapore, Xmas in Washington, ABC Xmas Special UNDUBBED clips, and of course the AA Tour), her voice was in such a great shape!

Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                But she looks beautiful in the video. And the little drummer... so cute.

I like the live arrangements like at Unplugged. It's a good song. It's one of my friend's fave Mariah songs and is on her 90s mix.
                I think she mostly hates the dancing parts

Yeah, the live arrangements are so good.

I love the song, especially the bridge.

I don't think we're hearing it live again, '17 was the last time she did it 'cause the #1 To Infinity Residency.

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                  My love is a bop!
                  And her raw vocals are out of this effing world.
                  RaspyRiah is where it's at.
                  Say it louder for the people in the back!

Originally posted by banksy View Post
                  We don’t lie about how we feel to fit in. She was struggling vocally in 2008, for one reason or another, but that didn’t make me love her any less. Einstein was still in heavy rotation for me.
                  She was serving tone and she sounds great on the track IMO, despite being super raspy.

Comparing this to Lil Snowman? C'mon!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                    Mariahs taste in her own music can be quite questionable lol
                    Imagine that she didn't liked it her "If Only You Knew/Somewhere Over The Rainbow" performance

---

[FIRST TIME ON YOUTUBE] Mariah Carey - Hero/Butterfly Outro live at Los Angeles, December 17, 2003

2:10 sounds familiar?

3:21
                    Beacon was better but she apparently lost her voice

Comment

• Both WBT and OSD are falling a bit on US iTunes (#43 & #63 respectively).

But WBT was inside the Top 30 (or very close to it) for like 5 days.

Hopefully it can sneak into some sale chart songs!

Comment

• The verses in “My Love” are everything, as are the background vocals, especially in the outro, I live for dem stacked harmonies

Comment

• Dem harmonies are LIT.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Liron

I agree with all of Mariah’s taste in her own music except Someday

A little bit rock n roll, a little bit soul to soul, the most fun on the debut, middle 8 is amazing, such a confident flex

Her range and all her registers showcased effortlessly

The only thing pop about it is that it flows perfectly, four minutes feel like two, every damn adlib is perfect

The day she comes to this realization is the day I will reach nirvana

Comment

• She also hates on Prisoner which is an amazing track

Comment

• Are those new vocals for Fantasy ?!?!
                                https://www.instagram.com/p/CRonUzsr...dium=copy_link

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                                  Are those new vocals for Fantasy ?!?!
                                  it seems so!

Comment

They certainly sound new!
                                    I AM A GOD!

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                      A little bit rock n roll, a little bit soul to soul, the most fun on the debut, middle 8 is amazing, such a confident flex

Her range and all her registers showcased effortlessly

The only thing pop about it is that it flows perfectly, four minutes feel like two, every damn adlib is perfect
                                      Absolutely agree - such a good, well crafted song. Except disagree about the most fun on the debut - that honour goes to Prisoner.

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                      She also hates on Prisoner which is an amazing track
                                      #NoTaste in her own music. In a way though Prisoner sounds like it could be a song by anyone from that time - it's not quintessentially Mariah. Except for those insane(!) vocals! But it's a good pop song.

Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                                      Hey - these actually sound new compared to some of the other clips we've heard.

I honestly need any and all remixes from Free Guy. I cannot wait!
                                      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

I knew she would try to profit from it and record a new version so she could fully own the master. But I think it would be more smart to do is help increase the original since it’s already getting bigger on Spotify and people won’t replace it with the new version and it’s already in many playlists

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I knew she would try to profit from it and record a new version so she could fully own the master. But I think it would be more smart to do is help increase the original since it’s already getting bigger on Spotify and people won’t replace it with the new version and it’s already in many playlists
                                          Fantasy has so little playlist support... that the new version might just work.... if ... the movie does support it like it seems it is.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• The album version of Someday is a definite no for me tbh...... But the unplugged version is amazing
                                            Actually, Mariah has had a few songs throughout her career which are 0/10 on the album, but 10/10 when done live

Someday
                                            Make It Happen
                                            I'm That Chick
                                            You Don't Know What To Do

Comment

Plot twist: This might be the 2006 TAOM Pre-recorded Version
                                              Last edited by MayoAndMustard; Fri July 23, 2021, 02:05.

Comment

Those vocals are new - at least in the sense that are not in any of the official mixes from the 90s.
                                                It could be out-takes from the Fantasy sessions that she had in her vault 'cause it doesn't sound like her current tone, but I love the vocal approach in the verses, it's like a lil more "aggressive" and she sounds darker as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                                  I honestly need any and all remixes from Free Guy. I cannot wait!
                                                  Same!
                                                  All these snippets sound amazing!
                                                  I wanna hear the whole thing.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                  Fantasy has so little playlist support... that the new version might just work.... if ... the movie does support it like it seems it is.
                                                  It really seems like the song is like the "backbone" of the movie if that makes sense. At least judging from the trailers. I mean, I hope so!

Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                                                  Plot twist: This might be the 2006 TAOM Pre-recorded Version
                                                  It sounds nothing like that pre-recorded track from TAOM imo, nor the dubbing from Anaheim.

Comment

• If that’s how she sounds now, holy moly!

Bring on the NEW music Mimi, show dem amateurs what you’re working with again!
                                                    Last edited by allygdale; Fri July 23, 2021, 03:34.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X