Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Those vocals are new - at least in the sense that are not in any of the official mixes from the 90s.
    It could be out-takes from the Fantasy sessions that she had in her vault 'cause it doesn't sound like her current tone, but I love the vocal approach in the verses, it's like a lil more "aggressive" and she sounds darker as well.
    It reminds me of the times when she did the veres live in Vegas a few years ago with snakes still in the grass, except prettier, so i think it’s from this year!

I LOVE it when she just uses the natural darker tone when belting instead of constricting to sound “younger” or lighter, it’s so much more powerful and 90s, truly life giving

Comment

• Migrate is really good

why She don’t recreated same music style? Even in Caution what I like for that new Mariah more modern and who’s given a better work than usually.

the beat and groove and tour de force of that song

. I really love her; she lives with her time and follow good well better actuality than tv information and meteo xD
      fan base only & one 4 Mariah Carey is on Everything about Mariah Carey Infos
      http://mariahcareyinfos.forumactif.com/forum

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
        The album version of Someday is a definite no for me tbh...... But the unplugged version is amazing
        Actually, Mariah has had a few songs throughout her career which are 0/10 on the album, but 10/10 when done live

Someday
        Make It Happen
        I'm That Chick
        You Don't Know What To Do
        Gurl, i agree with you that Make it Happen is better live than the album version but saying make it happen is a 0/10 in the album version is a no no for me. Maybe a 9/10 and the live 10/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

Gurl, i agree with you that Make it Happen is better live than the album version but saying make it happen is a 0/10 in the album version is a no no for me. Maybe a 9/10 and the live 10/10
          Yeah, definitely not a 0! haha

But also agree that I much prefer the live versions of Make It Happen and Someday. Just so good!
          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• I also love the natural tone of Mariah, the darker, deeper, stronger tone that reminds me of her early 90s, I prefer it over the newer girlish, thinner style...

Comment

• I too would love Mariah to make a whole album using that rawer deeper darker tone like her debut. I think the Grammys would be shook too.

Comment

• I would love that too. Though I think Emotions
                may be more soulful?
                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                  I would love that too. Though I think Emotions
                  may be more soulful?
                  Finesse... that album.

Sublime. Insert more superlatives...
                  MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Kelly Price had a lot of nice things to say about Mariah in this new interview starting at 12:50.
                    I AM A GOD!

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                      I would love that too. Though I think Emotions
                      may be more soulful?
                      Funny thing is in 2012/2013 Nick Cannon said Mariah is singing much more raw on her upcoming album channeling past albums like Emotions... And I think I can safely say the whole lambase was universally happy to hear that. Then maybe she spent too long with it and auto pitched it too high or whatever, and the sound on MIAMTEC was not quite that. But after hearing Cry, Camouflage and now Somewhat Loved, I can see where she might have originally been going with it. I hope she doesnt second guess her recordings or spend too much time editing them for her next album.

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post

Funny thing is in 2012/2013 Nick Cannon said Mariah is singing much more raw on her upcoming album channeling past albums like Emotions... And I think I can safely say the whole lambase was universally happy to hear that. Then maybe she spent too long with it and auto pitched it too high or whatever, and the sound on MIAMTEC was not quite that. But after hearing Cry, Camouflage and now Somewhat Loved, I can see where she might have originally been going with it. I hope she doesnt second guess her recordings or spend too much time editing them for her next album.
                        Yeah I agree! The lyrics are soulful and sad and we can definitely see the vision. But her tweaking here and there really hurt some of the songs.

I still like MIAMTEC though but I do find it really heavy to get through whereas with Emotions it is a bit dark and soulful but easy to sit through front to back.
                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post

that' why caution wasn't ruined bevause she didn't have the time

Comment

• Originally posted by darnellabc View Post
                            Kelly Price had a lot of nice things to say about Mariah in this new interview starting at 12:50.
                            Loved hearing about the vocal tricks Mariah taught Kelly, like adding an "H" to words that don't have an "H", just to make the texture breathier. Queen of textures. That's why I always think of Mariah as a painter who has access to 40000 colours and shades and brushes/sponges/tools and techniques, vs an ordinary painter who only has access to a couple of brushes and the standard palette of paint colours.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                              It reminds me of the times when she did the veres live in Vegas a few years ago with snakes still in the grass, except prettier, so i think it’s from this year!

I LOVE it when she just uses the natural darker tone when belting instead of constricting to sound “younger” or lighter, it’s so much more powerful and 90s, truly life giving
                              Yeah, she also used her natural dark-ish tone in one Someday performance in Las Vegas '17 and literally sounded like the record.

Another example could be the Hark! performances in '17 as well. The vibrato!

The thing is, she needs to be in tip-top shape vocally to make use of that technique, otherwise she could crack any time.

I have my doubts that those "new" Fantasy vocals are actually "new" (I mean, recorded this year).
                              I'll wait to listen to the whole thing and her next (studio) songs.
                              I hope she goes in that direction (again!).

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                LOL, yeah!
                                I'm not a mega fan of the studio version, but I love that breathy technique she used in that record, it's so rare!
                                But yeah, I much prefer her live renditions of the song (tho I hate the fact that she lips the bridge/climax now 'cause it's like my fave part, AA Tour-Riah would never do that )

Talking about MIH...

[RARE!] Mariah Carey - Make It Happen live at Los Angeles, December 17th 2003

Now this is how you perform the song b!tch.
                                Amazing rendition! The ease, the resonance, the tone, she was playing with her head voice. Like, slay.

Comment

• Originally posted by mariahcareyfan View Post
                                  I also love the natural tone of Mariah, the darker, deeper, stronger tone that reminds me of her early 90s, I prefer it over the newer girlish, thinner style...
                                  We all love her natural tone, but it's easier for her to reach high belts with this other technique that makes her voice lighter and girlier.

If she would attempt a high belt with that darker voice she naturally has, she would have to use a more open technique, and she'll be at risk to crack easily.

Take a listen at this, especially at the MIH bridges. When she went for it with her "natural voice", with a quite aggresive and open approach, she cracked in the second E5 in the 3 attempts. Or even WBT.

And her voice was in great shape that evening.

Comment

• Originally posted by darnellabc View Post
                                    Kelly Price had a lot of nice things to say about Mariah in this new interview starting at 12:50.
                                    She was very nice here.

Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                                    Loved hearing about the vocal tricks Mariah taught Kelly, like adding an "H" to words that don't have an "H", just to make the texture breathier. Queen of textures. That's why I always think of Mariah as a painter who has access to 40000 colours and shades and brushes/sponges/tools and techniques, vs an ordinary painter who only has access to a couple of brushes and the standard palette of paint colours.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                      that' why caution wasn't ruined bevause she didn't have the time

---

Imagine Cry. & Camouflage with natural sounding vocals.
                                      Pure bliss.
                                      Those songs had the potential to be 10/10 in my book, but oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post

Definitely. I recently discovered an small vocal inflection in ATYNAF tokyo dome that I never heard before because I switched headphones last week and I'm obsessed! I'm currently going through her discography again looking for things I may have missed due to apparently sh!tty sound gear I had been using all this time.
                                        Everything, it only fades...

Comment

• sorry... but Kelly Price is the lowest of the low, low, low women in music. I hate her amount of MIMI hate. She has trash talked Mariah for the better part of the entire 2010s. She has 0 character.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• qVIcT3VPvPZmNsN4hYlFn76rzzk.jpg
                                            NEVER FORGET
                                            My Chart

Comment

• you're going to hate me but.....

I just discovered why I really like that Permission to Dance song: the instrumental has that "best of my love-vibe', just like Mariah's Emotions, but it they made the right choice to use those small instrumental loops in it.

My apologies if someone already posted it.

Now, who's going to make a remix with emotions on it? (or the verses of #beautiful that would also fit nicelyon it)

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamondedition View Post
                                                you're going to hate me but.....

I just discovered why I really like that Permission to Dance song: the instrumental has that "best of my love-vibe', just like Mariah's Emotions, but it they made the right choice to use those small instrumental loops in it.

My apologies if someone already posted it.

Now, who's going to make a remix with emotions on it? (or the verses of #beautiful that would also fit nicelyon it)
                                                and this is why we can't have nice things.
                                                My Chart

Comment

• I too love that deeper darker tone she uses only occasionally… but here’s hoping we see more of it in the future. Can you imagine guys… it’s may not be long before we see Mariah BACK ON THE CONCERT STAGE!! Like I cannot wait! I’m predicting perhaps some Xmas shows?! And then a Valentines Vegas moment?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robby View Post
                                                    Definitely. I recently discovered an small vocal inflection in ATYNAF tokyo dome that I never heard before because I switched headphones last week and I'm obsessed! I'm currently going through her discography again looking for things I may have missed due to apparently sh!tty sound gear I had been using all this time.
                                                    I'm still finding new things like everyday, especially in the BG vocals (whistles, really low notes in octave unisons, little runs, harmonies, and everything in between).
                                                    She's queen of hidden vocals fo' real.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X