Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
    I understood she's making a movie or a film project around SUD - or using it for something. Is that what you guys also understood?
    She said something like "we did it in a new way" ... don't think she mentioned a movie/film project surrounding it.
    #mariahcarey #lambforlife

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

      Haha.
      JoJo is in Cloud 9
      She's received so much love from Queen since they met, they should work together at some point!

      JoJo is SUPER talented and so underrated, what a shame.
      I love JoJo so much! She’s extremely talented and deserves so much more success and recognition! Would love to see them collab!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
        It always gives me anxiety when she says she’s “redoing” her vocals. Didn’t she say she hasn’t had enough time to “polish” her vocals on Caution? And I have no issue with the vocals at all. It’s perfect and it aligns with her current vocals.
        I think it's moreso what she mentioned in the Questlove interview where someone else will sing it? Not sure.
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

        Comment


        • I think it’s her ego talking. Hear me out. She now has openly expressed not liking two projects of hers :

          1. Almost Home . It was praised at its released for the lyrics and a return to a pop sound after Triumphant. The issue was most of the lyrics were note coming from her as she was working with a lot of writers that Disney brought on and she had a different idea for the production. So the accolades after the meh reception of Triumphant were like a slap in the face as she realized they were right…

          2. Caution is the most critically acclaimed album of her entire career and it’s also one of the album with the most collaboration and various producers. Therefore another slap in the face for Mariah as it is not 100% her project. The label probably push for that fresh edgy sound and it worked like magic but it was not a freeing experience for MC because it was probably not the direction she wanted to go… And I’m sorry so say this but she is wrong in the sense that Caution is a masterpiece and she should be proud of it fully.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
            It always gives me anxiety when she says she’s “redoing” her vocals. Didn’t she say she hasn’t had enough time to “polish” her vocals on Caution? And I have no issue with the vocals at all. It’s perfect and it aligns with her current vocals.
            We’re all scared when she says those things #leavesiririahhome #saynotocopyandpaste
            Eudaimonia
            Last.fm
            Instagram

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Xmas View Post
              I think it’s her ego talking. Hear me out. She now has openly expressed not liking two projects of hers :

              1. Almost Home . It was praised at its released for the lyrics and a return to a pop sound after Triumphant. The issue was most of the lyrics were note coming from her as she was working with a lot of writers that Disney brought on and she had a different idea for the production. So the accolades after the meh reception of Triumphant were like a slap in the face as she realized they were right…

              2. Caution is the most critically acclaimed album of her entire career and it’s also one of the album with the most collaboration and various producers. Therefore another slap in the face for Mariah as it is not 100% her project. The label probably push for that fresh edgy sound and it worked like magic but it was not a freeing experience for MC because it was probably not the direction she wanted to go… And I’m sorry so say this but she is wrong in the sense that Caution is a masterpiece and she should be proud of it fully.
              she hates Almost home - she does not dislike Caution - she just thinks it could’ve been better if she got to spend more time on it. She doesn’t like it as much as the lambs do.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Michiel View Post

                We’re all scared when she says those things #leavesiririahhome #saynotocopyandpaste
                And the lambily would be freaked out when she says
                the word “soon”. We all know Mariah interprets the nature of time in a very unique way.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                  she hates Almost home - she does not dislike Caution - she just thinks it could’ve been better if she got to spend more time on it. She doesn’t like it as much as the lambs do.
                  If the pop sound is the major reason of her disliking Almost Home (Btw I love the song so much, it one of my top 10 most played songs on my iPhone), I wonder what she thinks about Heartbreaker. That’s probably the most pop-sounding song she’s ever written.

                  Comment


                  • She never ever cites Heartbreaker as one of her favourite songs. And when she talks about it she usually talks about the urban leaning remix remix.

                    I do not blame Heartbreaker for sounding so pop, remember the music charts at the end of the 1990s.. spice girls, back street boys, Britney Spears, etc. Im confident if the song only reached #2 it would end up in the trash heap along with all her other quote failures. Since it went to #1 it is included in all the tours and marketing.

                    I know people like to believe she doesnt want another hit, but please, hit songs are synonymous with Mariah Carey.

                    Bring on BTS!

                    Comment


                    • https://youtube.com/shorts/e2nfLXDHgWg?feature=share

                      I thought we already have the whole St John Divine concert on MC25??? Why didn’t she release OHN as well then?Imagine how good this would sound!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by tee View Post
                        She never ever cites Heartbreaker as one of her favourite songs. And when she talks about it she usually talks about the urban leaning remix remix.

                        I do not blame Heartbreaker for sounding so pop, remember the music charts at the end of the 1990s.. spice girls, back street boys, Britney Spears, etc. Im confident if the song only reached #2 it would end up in the trash heap along with all her other quote failures. Since it went to #1 it is included in all the tours and marketing.

                        I know people like to believe she doesnt want another hit, but please, hit songs are synonymous with Mariah Carey.

                        Bring on BTS!
                        Well luckily SIO didn’t reach #1 then.

                        I like the song as an album track. It’s cute. Catchy beats and the bass sounds so nice through the headphones. But that song just doesn’t translate well in a live setting at all. Imagine that being #1 and she had to sing it in Vegas every single show. Lollll

                        Comment


                        • The thing with SIO is... I did not like it too much initially... but it is aging like fine wine. It's such a smooth jam. I love it.
                          My Chart

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by woabritney View Post
                            I wonder if Miguel holds a little grudge against Mariah bc he thought #Beautiful was gonna be his big breakout moment but didn’t pan out. I’d imagine he wanted to perform it more and make it a smash, and Mariah ended up delaying the project/stalling the song.

                            Regardless, he’s pretty irrelevant at this point. If she’s gonna collab with a male group I definitely agree Silk Sonic is the way to go!
                            This could be an explanation. I believe they probably wanted to fully re-invent the song with another remix and a new video and then the accident happened and Mariah probably didn't call him back after that and he had to learn this via the press.
                            My Chart

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                              The world is not ready to be entirely shut down by that Meemz x Brandy collabo.

                              JUST IMAGINE THE BG VOCALS!!!!
                              This would be amazing. But, Brandy just had an album out and it didn’t do so well. The song would be great, but not a giant streaming or radio hit, necessarily.

                              Comment


                              • a Brandy / Mariah tune... needs to be a perfect slow jam retro R&B track.... of the best quality... otherwise it will only be a song that hardcore fans will play from time to time.

                                I'm confident that they can create something magical.

                                Also, it warms my heart that by then... Dionne Warwick will finally be introduced to Mariah Carey. Because quite recently, Whitney Houston's cousin... said that she didn't know who Mariah Carey is and what she does...and heralded Brandy as the greatest singer who has ever lived... so 1 new fan... maybe... in the bag?
                                My Chart

                                Comment


                                • The fact that she in the Space is saying she's producing the next album herself and going for that whole band, behind the scenes, songwriter vibe. We can kiss any hope of commercial success or pop bangers out the window. I would rather it's a little side project and not the full MC16 album if that's the case.

                                  Mariah could be her own deadly enemy, especially when she has no one giving her a nudge or direction (i.e. Jayz/Kanye/Usher/Jermain/LA Reid on Mimi telling her to be less breathy did wonders for that album). Like it or not Tommy Mottola's influence reigned in her urban side which allowed the songs' melody and hook to shine through.

                                  Her taste in her own music and what she thinks is the best thing she's ever done we should take nowadays with "caution". I was nervous when she said that new Christmas song was the best thing she's being doing....and then heard that it's gospel RNB, an even longer sigh. Can she just get out of that RnB mode for 1 second.

                                  For heavens sake she even ridiculed Caution and wanted more time (i mean seriously, the only thing that can be better with that album is if her voice was stronger or she has 1-2 pop leaning hits). When she wants more time i get nervous cause for some reason it brings me back to MIAM or overproduced chipmunky vocals LOL.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by tee View Post
                                    She never ever cites Heartbreaker as one of her favourite songs. And when she talks about it she usually talks about the urban leaning remix remix.

                                    I do not blame Heartbreaker for sounding so pop, remember the music charts at the end of the 1990s.. spice girls, back street boys, Britney Spears, etc. Im confident if the song only reached #2 it would end up in the trash heap along with all her other quote failures. Since it went to #1 it is included in all the tours and marketing.

                                    I know people like to believe she doesnt want another hit, but please, hit songs are synonymous with Mariah Carey.

                                    Bring on BTS!
                                    Heartbreaker (Pop) original single is the best version of that song. That melody and hook is infectuous.....in fact when she performs that song in tours, it's the switch (i.e.the Give Me Your Live, Give Me Your Love, Give Me Your Love) from that urban leaning version to the standard that makes it eurphoric.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                      The fact that she in the Space is saying she's producing the next album herself and going for that whole band, behind the scenes, songwriter vibe. We can kiss any hope of commercial success or pop bangers out the window. I would rather it's a little side project and not the full MC16 album if that's the case.

                                      Mariah could be her own deadly enemy, especially when she has no one giving her a nudge or direction (i.e. Jayz/Kanye/Usher/Jermain/LA Reid on Mimi telling her to be less breathy did wonders for that album). Like it or not Tommy Mottola's influence reigned in her urban side which allowed the songs' melody and hook to shine through.

                                      Her taste in her own music and what she thinks is the best thing she's ever done we should take nowadays with "caution". I was nervous when she said that new Christmas song was the best thing she's being doing....and then heard that it's gospel RNB, an even longer sigh. Can she just get out of that RnB mode for 1 second.

                                      For heavens sake she even ridiculed Caution and wanted more time (i mean seriously, the only thing that can be better with that album is if her voice was stronger or she has 1-2 pop leaning hits). When she wants more time i get nervous cause for some reason it brings me back to MIAM or overproduced chipmunky vocals LOL.
                                      Well said and spot on. The difference in quality of her releases between different eras are great examples of what you have just said. Like it’s hard to believe that she has a great catalogue of classics such as Butterfly, WBT, VOL, Hero, AIW, #B, Fantasy, Honey, Heartbreaker(and a lot more, you name it), but then we also have SL, STD, ITM these sort of mediocre songs that she’s happy with...

                                      If her most recent releases, like Somewhat Loved, is a clear indication of where she is now artistically, and what her vision is in terms of production and her ‘best effort’, I am not sure what her future releases would sound like.
                                      Last edited by MayoAndMustard; Sun July 25, 2021, 22:29.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by markwalde View Post

                                        This would be amazing. But, Brandy just had an album out and it didn’t do so well. The song would be great, but not a giant streaming or radio hit, necessarily.
                                        Literally no one is expecting a brandy collab to be a hit at all. It doesn’t even need to be released as single to be appreciated

                                        Comment


                                        • I hope Miguel and Mariah are on good terms, he's great and Beautiful remains amazing. Some of his stuff is a bit far out, but if Mariah is making a "free-er" album I think he's exactly the kind of person that would fit well.

                                          Also, his last album War and Leisure sold about 3 times as much as Caution in the US so he's not that irrelevant in comparison to Mariah (outside of Christmas)

                                          YES to the Brandy Collab as well, I still play her first two albums all the time! She really had some amazing songs back in the day. If they do something like the Broken Hearted remix with Wanya I can die happy
                                          Last edited by Kaloki; Sun July 25, 2021, 22:01.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

                                            If her most recent releases, like Somewhat Loved, is a clear indication of where she is now artistically, and what her vision is in terms of production and her ‘best effort’, I am not sure what her future releases would sound like.
                                            Well... no. SL is a song she wrote back in 2011 and she didn't produce it. it's nowhere close her most recent sound or where she's at artistically at all.

                                            #mariahcarey #lambforlife

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post

                                              Well... no. SL is a song she wrote back in 2011 and she didn't produce it. it's nowhere close her most recent sound or where she's at artistically at all.
                                              Ok...that’s probably not the best example... my bad...

                                              but what about ITM or STD, which are rather also pretty much recent and they both received mixed reviews across the fandom...

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post
                                                THAT Lambily Lounge segment is just WOW!!!!!!

                                                She talked about A LOT of things. Above all, she loves us!!!!!!!

                                                - Outside - I loved her idea about making a mini movie out of it or something - gotta be really special!!!
                                                - TMOMC movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                - Behind the Scenes Footage of the creation process!!!!!!!
                                                - Brandy collabo!!!!!
                                                - Dev Hynes collabo!!!!!
                                                - SUD!!!!
                                                - After Tonight < I Only Wanted yesssss Mariah
                                                - A new Christmas song with a potential male vocalist (post malone - INCREDIBLE!!!!!!)
                                                - A new collabo with a group


                                                I really wish she will proceed at least with a few.
                                                The collabo with a group... Silk Sonic was the first group that came to my mind. Would be just brilliant.
                                                Just think of it to be the follow up to Leave The Door Open. I would be in heaven.
                                                My Instagram... - Click here

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by taustin13 View Post
                                                  LOL at Mariah doing the Lounge at 4am when most lambs are sleeping. I literally was about to sleep when I got the notification on Twitter that Mariah was going LIVE on the Lounge at 4 in the freaking morning. Then my phone died 5 minutes into the session. LMFAO.
                                                  I was so happy she finally gave us lambs in Europe to be part of this. It was the first time I didn't wake up seeing she did this during (European) night. It was great to be part of it, even though I didn't get the chance to ask anything.
                                                  My Instagram... - Click here

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

                                                    Well said and spot on. The difference in quality of her releases between different eras are great examples of what you have just said. Like it’s hard to believe that she has a great catalogue of classics such as Butterfly, WBT, VOL, Hero, AIW, #B, Fantasy, Honey, Heartbreaker(and a lot more, you name it), but then we also have SL, STD, ITM these sort of mediocre songs that she’s happy with...

                                                    If her most recent releases, like Somewhat Loved, is a clear indication of where she is now artistically, and what her vision is in terms of production and her ‘best effort’, I am not sure what her future releases would sound like.
                                                    Yawnfest over here.
                                                    The way Mariah spoke about the new music she’s creating is enough to tell me she’s working on some amazing shit.
                                                    you all try to find something wrong when there’s nothing there.
                                                    Why not just be excited with Mariah?
                                                    http://marcokircher.com
                                                    http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

                                                    My YT Channel!
                                                    https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                                    IG: marco235

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X