Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

Ok...that’s probably not the best example... my bad...

but what about ITM or STD, which are rather also pretty much recent and they both received mixed reviews across the fandom...
    “In The Mix” was a theme song for a television show set in the 80’s. “Save The Day” is another “Somewhat Loved” in that they are both from approximately 10 years old. She may have finished up STD in 2020, but I still wouldn’t consider that indicative of her current style.

“WBT (Valentines Mix)” is more of the style to be expected. She said it herself, it’s just her and her band, and that recording sparked the current creativity she is in. That, and her rediscovery and love for SUD.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

The collabo with a group... Silk Sonic was the first group that came to my mind. Would be just brilliant.
      Just think of it to be the follow up to Leave The Door Open. I would be in heaven.
      I agree!
      #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by roguetrippn View Post

“WBT (Valentines Mix)” is more of the style to be expected. She said it herself, it’s just her and her band, and that recording sparked the current creativity she is in. That, and her rediscovery and love for SUD.
        EXACTLY! & it's phenomenal!!

Comment

• BTW new or old, I still love Save the Day.

In the Mix - I don't know it............

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
            So that is roughly around 67k unit sales. How much does MC album still need to get that elusive diamond?
            I asked this in the chart thread but no one knows.
            But a few more years I guess.
            Eventually it's gonna happen.
            Merry Xmas will achieve that feat earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michiel View Post
              Dream collab tbh. I would be surprised if it doesn’t happen one day… #pray
              I know!
              JoJo said she wanted to do a song with her.
              Mariah loves and respects her, I mean not everybody is allowed to do BG vocals with her (EFA).
              That moment was so special for me.

Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
              The world is not ready to be entirely shut down by that Meemz x Brandy collabo.

JUST IMAGINE THE BG VOCALS!!!!
              It could be a pure bliss of layered harmonies and gorgeous runs.
              They could create the most amazing wall of sound EVER together.

Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post
              Now lambs can hopefully lay off the incessant stanning for that (overrated) Karen-lite song “#Beautiful.”
              What?

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
              The Lambily Lounge is one of the best things she's done in recent times.
              Yep, I love how close she is with us and how relaxed she acts as well, no antics or weird moments, she sounds really happy and like enjoying the moment.

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
              Someone's Ugly Daughter. She has found her vocals but mentioned redoing it.
              She said she was redoing them or that she had new plans with them? (or something along those lines).
              I wanted to listen to the OG vocals, that's the magic of this project for me.

Comment

• I’m still hyped that Mariah mentioned Pink Floyd recently.

are we about to get a progressive album by Mariah?

Comment

• Originally posted by ElusiveButterfly View Post
                  I love JoJo so much! She’s extremely talented and deserves so much more success and recognition! Would love to see them collab!
                  Yes!
                  She has one of the best lowest registers in the business!

Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                  she hates Almost home - she does not dislike Caution - she just thinks it could’ve been better if she got to spend more time on it. She doesn’t like it as much as the lambs do.
                  Yeah, we took it as a shade, but she said like it was rushed and she would have liked to have more time.

And I also hate Almost Home, terrible song
                  It doesn't belong to her catalog in my book.

Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                  If the pop sound is the major reason of her disliking Almost Home (Btw I love the song so much, it one of my top 10 most played songs on my iPhone), I wonder what she thinks about Heartbreaker. That’s probably the most pop-sounding song she’s ever written.
                  There's a masive abysm between those tracks.

Heartbreaker is pop-fection and I'm sure she loves it.
                  But I also prefer the urban remix or even the If You Should Ever Be Lonely Mix.

I like the song as an album track. It’s cute. Catchy beats and the bass sounds so nice through the headphones. But that song just doesn’t translate well in a live setting at all. Imagine that being #1 and she had to sing it in Vegas every single show. Lollll
                  I think almost all the lambs who listened to the song on her live shows think the opposite.
                  I used to think that same way as you, but they always say the song sounds amazing on a live setting, especially with the new ('12) Intro.

Comment

• The only thing she should be artistically judged on is Caution, her actual latest album and that was great. So that’s that. The over analyzation is real… Mariah please bless your fans with some real news soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post
                      This would be amazing. But, Brandy just had an album out and it didn’t do so well. The song would be great, but not a giant streaming or radio hit, necessarily.
                      But we're not looking for commercial success on a Brandy/MC collabo.
                      It would be the most amazing deep cut and I wanted just for the eargasm.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                      Also, it warms my heart that by then... Dionne Warwick will finally be introduced to Mariah Carey. Because quite recently, Whitney Houston's cousin... said that she didn't know who Mariah Carey is and what she does...and heralded Brandy as the greatest singer who has ever lived... so 1 new fan... maybe... in the bag?
                      Gurl

Ok...that’s probably not the best example... my bad...

but what about ITM or STD, which are rather also pretty much recent and they both received mixed reviews across the fandom...
                      Those aren't good examples either.
                      She wrote Somewhat Loved in '11, she didn't produce it and J&L said that MC had another idea for the song anyway (like piano + vocals only).
                      STD is also a track from '12.
                      ITM is a song for a TV show and she went with that throwback sound 'cause it was representing another decade.

So no... none of those songs are indicative of her current creative direction.

WIB is from '17, not her work, and a remix of a 2003 track.
                      Oh Santa! Remix had a new arrangement, but it's an old song anyway.

In that sense, Caution is the last "new" thing she did.

Originally posted by roguetrippn View Post
                      Exactly, also this.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                        I’m still hyped that Mariah mentioned Pink Floyd recently.

are we about to get a progressive album by Mariah?
                        She's mentioned (and also interacted on social media) with so many interesting and diverse artists these past months!

I'm very excited for whatever she's cooking, she seems to be really open to collabos with new people, some of them really unexpected!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                          The only thing she should be artistically judged on is Caution, her actual latest album and that was great. So that’s that. The over analyzation is real… Mariah please bless your fans with some real news soon.
                          *say it louder for the people in the back*

Comment

• I love wbt valentines extended version. if the album is anything like this... it would be her best album ever.
                            My Chart

Comment

• ↑ A masterpiece!

---

Btw, We Belong Together is still charting on US iTunes at #65.

Comment

• Guys, what setlist do you guys want or expect she does for the new xmas special?

- new song with that young male
                                - song with the group
                                - christmas ( baby please come home )
                                -one child
                                - santa claus is coming to town
                                - oh santa with ari and jhud ( i know it wont happen)
                                - all i want of course
                                - god rest ye merry, gentleman
                                - miss you most
                                Maybe the star lol

that would be good for me

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

Well luckily SIO didn’t reach #1 then.

I like the song as an album track. It’s cute. Catchy beats and the bass sounds so nice through the headphones. But that song just doesn’t translate well in a live setting at all. Imagine that being #1 and she had to sing it in Vegas every single show. Lollll
                                  I cant stand SIO.. another overrated song. Its like that, Obsessed and Shake it off are the overated trinity IMO

Meanwhile, Joyride, Thanx 4 nothin and For the record are highly underappreciated masterpieces.
                                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                  Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Xmas in July

[FIRST TIME ON YOUTUBE] Mariah Carey - Joy To The World live at Los Angeles, December 17th 2003

[RARE] Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You, live at Los Angeles, December 17th 2003

She slayed.
                                    Tone, ease, range, agility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                      Guys, what setlist do you guys want or expect she does for the new xmas special?

- new song with that young male
                                      - song with the group
                                      - christmas ( baby please come home )
                                      -one child
                                      - santa claus is coming to town
                                      - oh santa with ari and jhud ( i know it wont happen)
                                      - all i want of course
                                      - god rest ye merry, gentleman
                                      - miss you most
                                      Maybe the star lol

that would be good for me
                                      Yasss to God Rest Ye Merry, Gentleman & One Child.

I would replace Miss You Most with Jesus Born On This Day and The Star with The First Noel/Born Is The King Interlude.
                                      You know JTTW & OHN (and even Hark! & Silent Night) are being performed tho

Comment

• Jesus Born On This Day would really be the best thing ever! Such a beautiful melody and christmas spirit.
                                        CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                                        FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
                                          Jesus Born On This Day would really be the best thing ever! Such a beautiful melody and christmas spirit.
                                          I know!
                                          She did that

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                            Guys, what setlist do you guys want or expect she does for the new xmas special?
                                            - Where Are You Christmas
                                            - New Song Feat. The Weeknd
                                            - New Song Feat. BTS
                                            - Christmas (baby please come home)
                                            - The First NoŽl / Born Is The King
                                            - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
                                            - AIWFCIY Feat. Justin Bieber
                                            - Auld Lang Syne (A cappella)

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post
                                                  What she said about that overrated hack, Miguel, didn’t surprise me. He was asked some years ago if he would go see her in Vegas and he smirked and replied “nahh no thanks”. I remember the video, I disliked him initially and that interview sealed the deal for me. Now lambs can hopefully lay off the incessant stanning for that (overrated) Karen-lite song “#Beautiful.”

The only thing I remember is Miguel being asked would he work with mariah again and he said yes.
                                                  Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Mariah in 1994... what a peak, indeed. that Music Box album sold over 8 million copies across the continent. Not everybody has that. The fact that it is still the 7th biggest selling female studio album of all times is just such an honor for her.

20m sellers club
                                                    01 - 45 million - The Bodyguard (Soundtrack)
                                                    --
                                                    02 - 35 million - Come On Over
                                                    03 - 33 million - Jagged Little Pill
                                                    04 - 32 million - Falling Into You
                                                    05 - 31 million - The Immaculate Collection
                                                    06 - 31 million - Let's Talk about Love
                                                    07 - 31 million - 21
                                                    --
                                                    08 - 26 million - Music Box
                                                    09 - 26 million - Tapestry
                                                    10 - 25 million - Baby One More Time
                                                    11 - 25 million - Whitney Houston
                                                    12 - 25 million - True Blue
                                                    13 - 25 million - Come Away With Me
                                                    --
                                                    14 - 24 million - All the Way
                                                    15 - 22 million - 25
                                                    16 - 21 million - Like a Virgin
                                                    17 - 20 million - Whitney
                                                    18 - 20 million - Oops I did It Again
                                                    19 - 20 million - Daydream
                                                    20 - 20 million - The Colour of my Love
                                                    21 - 20 million - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
                                                    22 - 20 million - Tracy Chapman
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X