Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
    The only thing I remember is Miguel being asked would he work with mariah again and he said yes.
    Yes.
    And he also talked about her in '17-ish (around that time) and said "greatest".
    I don't know why she thinks he doesn't like her
    I think it was weird that she said that but also I think it was more like an expression.
    I mean, I'd love another collabo with him
    Mariah X Miguel X Dev = EARGASM.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      Mariah in 1994... what a peak, indeed. that Music Box album sold over 8 million copies across the continent. Not everybody has that. The fact that it is still the 7th biggest selling female studio album of all times is just such an honor for her.

20m sellers club
      01 - 45 million - The Bodyguard (Soundtrack)
      --
      02 - 35 million - Come On Over
      03 - 33 million - Jagged Little Pill
      04 - 32 million - Falling Into You
      05 - 31 million - The Immaculate Collection
      06 - 31 million - Let's Talk about Love
      07 - 31 million - 21
      --
      08 - 26 million - Music Box
      09 - 26 million - Tapestry
      10 - 25 million - Baby One More Time
      11 - 25 million - Whitney Houston
      12 - 25 million - True Blue
      13 - 25 million - Come Away With Me
      --
      14 - 24 million - All the Way
      15 - 22 million - 25
      16 - 21 million - Like a Virgin
      17 - 20 million - Whitney
      18 - 20 million - Oops I did It Again
      19 - 20 million - Daydream
      20 - 20 million - The Colour of my Love
      21 - 20 million - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
      22 - 20 million - Tracy Chapman
      Wow, what a surprise that MB has sold more than Like a Virgin and The Colour of My Love. Well done!

Comment

• Shade detected

Comment

• One of her best bridges.
          So powerful.

Mariah Carey Make it Happen “SOLID GROUND” E5 Attempts (1992-2020)

We know AA Tour-Riah slayed this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
            One of her best bridges.
            So powerful.

Mariah Carey Make it Happen “SOLID GROUND” E5 Attempts (1992-2020)

We know AA Tour-Riah slayed this one.
            Imagine her singing MIH in 2014 Beacon concerts. The slayage would be pow!

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

Shade detected
              …where? The idiot in the convo who considers Celine a “young male singer”?

Comment

• Late night mix is where she is heading album wise and I think it is the logical next step. First album - Butterfly had the mentoring of Tommy. TEOM - Memoirs had the mentoring of LA Reid. Caution had Jay. Only Rainbow, Glitter, Charmbracelet and MIAMTEC were more her creations without a major mentor. Also her demo. And I do think these late night sessions could be a shift back to her demo days. Especially with all the fans telling her all the time how much they want to hear her demo plus writing the book. I think it will be raw and real.

Comment

• Kween did not just bring up Post Malone.

Comment

• That Celine dion fan is too much lol

Comment

• I don’t know how the body guard could be considered when half the soundtrack Whitney is not the tracks.. Though i do think it would have sold the same if she was the only one on the album.
                      Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                        Imagine her singing MIH in 2014 Beacon concerts. The slayage would be pow!
                        I know!

She needs to ditch that bleak pre-recorded track she's been using btw.

Comment

• If the raw live band sound is what she is going for I’d love if she did the songs with her band then brought in the likes of Salaam Remi, James Poyser, Mark Ronson, James Blake and Dev to finish production.

Anybody else catch her saying she doesn’t care what the label say she’s funding it herself?

Comment

• So many things to catch on, I've only read what you guys mentioned here but I'm already EXCITED. I would love Mariah's new album to have more of the live-band, organic sounding arrangements. Something in the vein of WBT Late Night Mix, Subtle Invitation and stuff. It's good to hear she's working on lots of stuff but it will probably take a while until something is materialized. I wouldn't be surprised if the next thing we get from her is the Christmas special. Anyway, I'm very positive that MC16 is coming next year. It would be 3.5 or 4 years since Caution, which is a lot already! Unless she goes the over-editing route which nobody wants. I assume she will never release an album in Q4 ever again, after how Caution was over shadowed in 2018 and how booked and busy she has been in 2019 and 2020. She will probably go back to touring and Vegas shows next year as well.
                            Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                            www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                              That Celine dion fan is too much lol
                              That channel has posted like 4 videos about Mariah and the comments are flooded with Celine fans attacking her, wish they'd stop posting Mariah stuff!

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                I don’t know how the body guard could be considered when half the soundtrack Whitney is not the tracks.. Though i do think it would have sold the same if she was the only one on the album.
                                And I think it’s kind of disrespect to the other artists on the album. Of course people only bought because of Whitney but it’s still a soundtrack and she’s only featured in half of the songs

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
                                  So many things to catch on, I've only read what you guys mentioned here but I'm already EXCITED. I would love Mariah's new album to have more of the live-band, organic sounding arrangements. Something in the vein of WBT Late Night Mix, Subtle Invitation and stuff. It's good to hear she's working on lots of stuff but it will probably take a while until something is materialized. I wouldn't be surprised if the next thing we get from her is the Christmas special. Anyway, I'm very positive that MC16 is coming next year. It would be 3.5 or 4 years since Caution, which is a lot already! Unless she goes the over-editing route which nobody wants. I assume she will never release an album in Q4 ever again, after how Caution was over shadowed in 2018 and how booked and busy she has been in 2019 and 2020. She will probably go back to touring and Vegas shows next year as well.
                                  I agree.
                                  Plus I miss seeing her live on stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by myworld View Post
                                    That channel has posted like 4 videos about Mariah and the comments are flooded with Celine fans attacking her, wish they'd stop posting Mariah stuff!
                                    That user it's doing it just to create some drama and a war between the fandoms.
                                    Some Céline fans are mad 'cause MC's thoughts about what happened in Divas Live '98, but at the end of the day is her opinion. You can agree or disagree but she's not shading her, just telling what she feels about that moment.
                                    And in regards of that vid, she did the same silence when the lambs brought out other names, 'cause it had nothing to do with the topic.

Comment

• This may be me grasping at straws or Mariah misspeaking, but she mentioned that Lee Daniels is working on a movie and not a tv series.

I wonder if that is actually the case because they both seemed to have wanted a series.
                                      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I know!

She needs to ditch that bleak pre-recorded track she's been using btw.
                                        And bring back the 2nd verse. That’s where the magic happens!

Comment

• Originally posted by myworld View Post

You know what? The Celine fan who made this situation showed up and wrote something on the comment section. It seems she feels proud of herself lol

I think she is either naive or stupid...
                                          Last edited by Anderson; Mon July 26, 2021, 10:37.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                            I cant stand SIO.. another overrated song. Its like that, Obsessed and Shake it off are the overated trinity IMO
                                            ... well, that's a bit harsh...

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                            Meanwhile, Joyride, Thanx 4 nothin and For the record are highly underappreciated masterpieces.
                                            But this... this is the truth!
                                            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• for the male collaboration Mariah is seeking, I would have suggested James Arthur or Sam Smith. they both amazing soulful young singers! I think they compliment her voice and style
                                              Last edited by Tomer_MC; Mon July 26, 2021, 12:37.
                                              #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Does she have a CNN Feature coming? The producer tagged works for CNN in London. Perhaps something to look out for.

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• It always makes me smile when Mariah says Patti agreed with her because this :

She was literally the Celine in this situaton herself

Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                  Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• They are all attention seeking hypocrites. The only one I can safely say does not take any spotlight from anyone else is Mariah. She goes out of her way to dim her talent as to not up stage anyone else.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X