Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
    At the end of the day, Mariah has worked with Westlife and 98. I wouldn’t mind a BTS collab after much deliberation.
    I prefer her last #1 hit being a solo song and an iconic one.
    AIW is the perfect song to close the cycle IMO.
    I'm fine with 19

Comment

At the end of the day, Mariah has worked with Westlife and 98. I wouldn’t mind a BTS collab after much deliberation.
      It would also be a great opportunity for her to be introduced to the young generation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I prefer her last #1 hit being a solo song and an iconic one.
        AIW is the perfect song to close the cycle IMO.
        I'm fine with 19
        Would have been #20 had Shake it Off reached #1...

But I think I would have rathered Endless Love reach #1, or maybe CLG.
        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• CLG is her biggest robbed #1. Literally one of her best singles ever. Deserves to be #1 more than a few of her #1s
          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• I still need Mariah x Ari in a regular song. They sound heavenly together. And Ari current vocals more raspy and mature is her best yet

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
              So I'm a bit confused with why people even follow Mariah lol....

Do people want Mariah to release a song they like that will chart at #30, stay on the chart for a few months, and be nominated for awards, or a song that is #1 for one week before crashing out that is widely criticized by everybody as the worst song of her career and done for money??

Next thing there is going to be fans wanting an Ed Sheeran Duet
              Im happy what whatever makes her happy. Even if she wants to collaborate with Thalia and Jlo in a group girl.lol if she is happy im happy. If she wants that 20th and wants to work with BTS good for her. If she doesnt care and wants to work with Jojo instead good for her and even better for me.

but whatever she does, i will be supporting her

Comment

• amazing

Comment

• Good showing by WBT.

#40 on Digital Song Sales isn't bad.

It should also be getting airplay
                  MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by LCRiah View Post
                    It’s so telling that the number of people who hate the idea of a collab with BTS is the same number as those who were pining for an Ariana, Drake, Megan, Cardi, even Kygo collab just so Mariah could get a hit. BTS has worked their a*ses off for almost a decade and just because they are a Korean group who have found worldwide success with mass appealing pop music y’all turn your nose up. Lmao. They’re one of the biggest artists in the world and a collab with them will only benefit Mariah no matter what you think!

y’all can have fun with the Stefflon Don, Remy Ma and Shawni collabs tho LOL
                    I do not want her to be associated with an act that is so blatantly defrauding the charts, with an organized international, mafia-esque, campaign.

I also watched a lot of documentaries on KPOP and how many of the people are basically slaves and some have even committed suicide. They are the most manufactured of music acts.

Additionally, I watched a video on youtube... that dealt with BTS' plagiarism claims... and it was absolutely shocking. Well, you may say Mariah had to deal with that as well... but on a dozen songs? I'm not sure.

Something very fishy is going on behind the scenes with BTS. I don't want MIMI to get part of the flack when all of this breaks down one day. I'd rather she collab with a) an individual member of that group, or b) an individual other KPOP star or c) an individual other Asian pop star, preferably Ayumi Hamasaki.

To all the people who sh!t on 98 and Westlife... Westlife... probably weren't modern slaves and 98 did nothing to the song.
                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                      Good showing by WBT.

a decade ago... a song that would be #40 in the Hot Digital Song Sales Chart would chart on the H100. How times have changed.
                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

Im happy what whatever makes her happy. Even if she wants to collaborate with Thalia and Jlo in a group girl.lol if she is happy im happy. If she wants that 20th and wants to work with BTS good for her. If she doesnt care and wants to work with Jojo instead good for her and even better for me.

If she only wants to get that 20th #1 for the sake of it... then she doesn't deserve a 20th #1 in my opinion. I know the youngans are really plotting to get their hits these days (as barely anyone can have one with a solo single anymore)... so to get up there and to be in striking distance of the biggest charting record in American music history... you should bring some sort of artistic vision and integrity to it, otherwise nobody will take you seriously.

DFAU for example is one of her least streamed and therefore remembered songs bc of its calculated similarities to WBT.
                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

lol I know this is a joke, but I’d live for this tbh
                          Everything, it only fades...

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I do not want her to be associated with an act that is so blatantly defrauding the charts, with an organized international, mafia-esque, campaign.

I also watched a lot of documentaries on KPOP and how many of the people are basically slaves and some have even committed suicide. They are the most manufactured of music acts.

Additionally, I watched a video on youtube... that dealt with BTS' plagiarism claims... and it was absolutely shocking. Well, you may say Mariah had to deal with that as well... but on a dozen songs? I'm not sure.

Something very fishy is going on behind the scenes with BTS. I don't want MIMI to get part of the flack when all of this breaks down one day. I'd rather she collab with a) an individual member of that group, or b) an individual other KPOP star or c) an individual other Asian pop star, preferably Ayumi Hamasaki.

To all the people who sh!t on 98 and Westlife... Westlife... probably weren't modern slaves and 98 did nothing to the song.
                            Mariah was also blamed for the chart manipulation (payola, discounts..) (Daydream era)
                            Mariah was also like a slave of Tommy Mottola.
                            Mariah was also reported trying a suicide attempt. I don't believe it though (Glitter era)
                            Mariah was also caught up in plagiarism scandals (Music box, Rainbow era)

You can hate on them but there are not many in this industry who don't have a shady past.
                            Last edited by Anderson; Tue July 27, 2021, 13:37.

Comment

• I think the lambs need to set their expectations. Mariah will most likely not reach #1 with a collaboration from her Christmas project. It needs to be a LEAD SINGLE form a major artist to reach #1 not the other way around! I have a couple of examples in mind of recent soundtrack singles that technically should have reached #1 due to the popularity of the artists involved but it did not happen :

- Don’t Call Me Angel by Ariana, Miley & Lana : #13
                              - Only Wanna Be With You by Post Malone : #74
                              - Oh Santa! by Mariah, Ariana and JHud : #76

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

Mariah was also blamed for the chart Manipulation (payola, discounts..). (Daydream era)
                                Mariah was also reported having a suicide attempt. I don't believe it though (Glitter era)
                                Mariah was also caught up in plagiarism scandals. (Music box, Rainbow era)

You can hate on them but there are not many in this industry who don't have a shady past.
                                obviously untrue. So why bring it up?

I was saying... that she should stay as far away from them as possible bc of all the scandals that they are involved in. She had enough of it in her career... and doesn't need that anymore.

The difference betweeen BTS and Mariah in terms of charts manipulation is... that Mariah didn't give a press conference... saying that her next single has to stay at #1 for x amounts of weeks and then the single after that for y amounts of weeks.

For every shady tactic that helped her, she has a song that was prevented from charting...

Loverboy selling for 49cts... was the same price as new singles by other SONY acts selling at the time... I don't know how many times I have to repeat it... but the US singles market was dead. France, Japan, Germany, UK... had all long overtaken the biggest music industry on this planet by physical singles sales at the end of the 1990s.

Strike all of her #1 singles, if you wish... there has never been a multi-#1 song in the USA (like Butter) in which the dominant consumption metric was as low as #40... Loverboy came closest

1990 - #1 airplay - #1 sales - #1 H100 - Vision of Love
                                1990 - #1 airplay - #1 sales - #1 H100 - Love Takes Time
                                1991 - #1 airplay - #2 sales - #1 H100 - Someday
                                1991 - #4 airplay - #3 sales - #1 H100 - I Don't Wanna Cry
                                1991 - #1 airplay - #10 sales - #1 H100 - Emotions
                                1991 - #2 airplay - #8 sales - #2 H100 - Can't Let Go
                                1992 - #2 airplay - #18 sales - #5 H100 - Make It Happen
                                1992 - #1 airplay - #3 sales - #1 H100 - I'll Be There
                                1993 - #1 airplay - #2 sales - #1 H100 - Dreamlover
                                1993 - #1 airplay - #2 sales - #1 H100 - Hero
                                1994 - #2 airplay - #3 sales - #3 H100 - Without You
                                1994 - #8 airplay - #19 sales - #12 H100 - Anytime you Need a Friend
                                1994 - #5 airplay - #2 sales - #2 H100 - Endless Love
                                1995 - #1 airplay - #1 sales - #1 H100 - Fantasy
                                1995 - #1 airplay - #1 sales - #1 H100 - One Sweet Day
                                1996 - #1 airplay - #1 sales - #1 H100 - Always be my Baby
                                1996 - #9 airplay - no released - no H100 - Forever
                                1997 - #11 airplay - #1 sales - #1 H100 - Honey
                                1997 - #16 airplay - not release - no H100 - Butterfly
                                1998 - #53 airplay - not released - no H100 - Breakdown
                                1998 - #15 airplay - #1 sales - #1 H100 - My All
                                1998 - #38 airplay - #7 sales - #15 H100 - When you Believe
                                1999 - #20 airplay - #3 sales - #4 H100 - I Still Believe
                                1999 - #8 airplay - #1 sales - #1 H100 - Heartbreaker
                                1999 - #15 airplay - #1 sales - #1 H100 - Thank God I Found You
                                2001 - #50 airplay - #1 sales - #2 H100 - Loverboy
                                2003 - #3 airplay - not released - #3 H100 - I Know what you Want
                                2004 - 21 airplay - not released - #21 H100 - U Make Me Wanna
                                2005 - #14 airplay - #8 sales - #10 digital - #16 H100 - It's Like That
                                2005 - #1 airplay - #16 sales - #2 digital - #1 H100 - We Belong Together
                                2005 - #1 airplay - not released - #6 digital - #2 H100 - Shake It Off
                                2005 - #1 airplay - not released - #1 digital - #1 H100 - Don't Forget About Us
                                2006 - #78 airplay - not released - #114 digital - #79 H100 - Say Somethin'
                                2006 - #66 airplay - not released - no H100 - Fly Like a Bird
                                2008 - #2 airplay - #2 sales - #1 digital - #1 H100 - Touch my Body
                                2008 - #17 airplay - not released - #11 digital - #19 H100 - Bye Bye
                                2008 - #43 airplay - not released - #121 digital - #58 H100 - IBLYLT
                                2009 - #84 airplay - not released - #73 digital - #82 H100 - My Love
                                2009 - #6 airplay - #1 sales - #6 digital - #7 H100 - Obsessed
                                2009 - #71 airplay - not released - #54 digital - #60 H100 - IWTKWLI
                                2013 - #17 airplay - not released - #10 digital - #15 - H100 - #Beautiful
                                2019 - #24 airplay - #1 sales - #1 digital - #1 streaming - All I want for Christmas Is You
                                My Chart

Comment

• The constant paragraphs belittling those who don’t want a BTS collaboration is baffling. Some of us (me) couldn’t even name a song by them is it that difficult to understand that a majority of Mariah Carey fans don’t fit their demographic? It’s not the same as Westlife and 98 Its not 1999 she’s not in her late 20s.

Comment

• Chris Martin Hints At A Coldplay X BTS Collaboration; Says He Loves And Respects Them

Coldplay artist Chris Martin recently hinted towards a possible collaboration with the South Korean boy band, BTS. In an interaction with the international portal, PopCrush, the musician revealed that he has nothing but love and respect for the seven boys and he believes they are very cool in what they do. He further added that if the right song comes along, he would never say no to collaborating with the band. BTS has lately been in the news for their latest English number, Butter, which has been taking the internet by storm, ever since it was dropped.

Chris Martin is not an idiot.... lol
                                    What would Mariah say about in terms of BTS? She would say like stevyy? I don't think so...
                                    Some Mariah fans are so dramatic for something that didn't happen...
                                    Please be humble and respect.
                                    Last edited by Anderson; Tue July 27, 2021, 14:28.

Comment

• WOW guys..... let it be or just let it die (please).
                                      #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                        Good showing by WBT.

#40 is a huge placing!

If streaming had matched, it definitely would've been positioned for Hot 100 re-entry. Wow!
                                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Ok, I’ve said I would be opposed to it, but those stanning BTS on overload need to chill out. If someone doesn’t want it to happen, they’re entitled to feel that way.

I think we need to move on because it’s tiring now.
                                          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Mariah Carey’s “Oh Santa” with Ariana Grande and Jennifer Hudson is currently her 2nd most-streamed Holiday song on Spotify, beating out her other classics such as “Christmas (BPCH)” and “O Holy Night”.

It is a good early indicator of how the song will perform this season! https://t.co/xmVJdrhnPN

She should keep pushing Oh santa. I reallly hope Ari and Jhud are back!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                                              So I'm a bit confused with why people even follow Mariah lol....

Do people want Mariah to release a song they like that will chart at #30, stay on the chart for a few months, and be nominated for awards, or a song that is #1 for one week before crashing out that is widely criticized by everybody as the worst song of her career and done for money??

Next thing there is going to be fans wanting an Ed Sheeran Duet
                                              When was the last time any of these things happened with an MC single ?
                                              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                              Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

I agree here. I think we've discussed the potential of a collab, benefits and disadvantages etc. ad nauseum at this point. I also feel that everyone has had their say here and I also think we've allowed for a lot of time for it to be discussed.

Unless something new happens, please let's shift discussion away from this for a bit.

Please also see:
                                                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Ok, I’ve said I would be opposed to it, but those stanning BTS on overload need to chill out. If someone doesn’t want it to happen, they’re entitled to feel that way.

Comment

• The thing about a BTS collaboration is that it will only be done for corporate Apple greed. And it better go to #1 because if it falls shy of that (even #2) then Mariah basically sold out her artistic integrity without getting anything in return. What is the price for tying the Beatles?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X