Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
    Mariah Carey’s “Oh Santa” with Ariana Grande and Jennifer Hudson is currently her 2nd most-streamed Holiday song on Spotify, beating out her other classics such as “Christmas (BPCH)” and “O Holy Night”.

It is a good early indicator of how the song will perform this season! https://t.co/xmVJdrhnPN

She should keep pushing Oh santa. I reallly hope Ari and Jhud are back!
    I think it is mostly attributed to Oh, Santa! being one of the first tracks listed on Spotify’s Christmas Hits playlist. If removed, I wonder how many people will go looking for the song.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clown10 View Post

I think it is mostly attributed to Oh, Santa! being one of the first tracks listed on Spotify’s Christmas Hits playlist. If removed, I wonder how many people will go looking for the song.
      Is it not supposed to be at the top of the list because actually people listen to that song the most?. I know this is not always the truth becauss peoplw pay money for their songs to go higher

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
        The thing about a BTS collaboration is that it will only be done for corporate Apple greed. And it better go to #1 because if it falls shy of that (even #2) then Mariah basically sold out her artistic integrity without getting anything in return. What is the price for tying the Beatles?
        But isn’t “corporate Apple greed” and Mariah’s “artistic integrity” two different things? I mean she was pretty blunt on the twitter space that a lot of things were what “they” want.
        funny how one can learn
        to grow numb to the madness
        and block it away

Comment

• It’s not that deep anyway. I remember back in the days people criticized the “quality” of Touch My Body and Obsessed as a “sell-out” move to reach #1 vs staying true to her artistic roots. In the end she did what she had to do and those two hits are still relevant today. By all mean I wish all her next singles will be similar to #Beautiful in terms of Quality/Success ratio but it’s not that deep. She has the career to back up her legacy, the next chart success is just bonus if it happens. I’m happy Apple is pushing a collab with a “young artist” it cements her legacy and keep her relevant to the general public. It’s a win win.
          Last edited by Xmas; Tue July 27, 2021, 17:49.

Comment

• A collab with BTS could also help her image in Korea, which was very damaged after her 2014 concert. And when she toured Asia again in 2018, she skipped it. Maybe they couldn't find a promoter?
            Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
            www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
              A collab with BTS could also help her image in Korea, which was very damaged after her 2014 concert. And when she toured Asia again in 2018, she skipped it. Maybe they couldn't find a promoter?
              Not sure what the sentiment is for her in Korea right now but I will say that AIWFCIY charted much longer in Korea this past year compared to other countries(I believe it went into February) and her Rarities album charted at 98 on the Gaon album charts, which is one of the few western albums to crack the top 100 there. The last western album to crack the top 100 was Ariana's Positions and that got to number 56 back near the end of November.

So, I think her standing has improved since then. Of course, she could work with other popular Korean artists as well but if she has a chance to get the number 1 on the Hot 100, BTS is the best bet. Not even Blackpink, which is very popular worldwide too could possibly guarantee a number 1.

Now, if she wanted to get a number 1 in Korea...there are plenty of artists she could select besides BTS(IU, Taeyeon come to mind first).

Comment

• I think this year's Christmas event will be a highly produced Christmas Concert extravaganza.

Mariah and Friends type of show with big performances or guest appearances.

I just can't see them doing another story-esque type concept thlike last year.

I personally think it's too soon, I can't believe that in just 3 months it'll be Christmas fever again.

She will find it very hard to top these Christmas shenanigans each year. How much more can she do. She's already done a chiildre's book, apple special, movie (albeit terribly A Christmas Melody), gift boxes, merchandise,

The only thing left really now is a musical that lives beyond her and tours globally (i.e. A Christmas Carol, Nutcracker type tradition)?

Comment

• I hope it will be mainly new Christmas songs this time. Not just one like last year.

Hearing she especially love the gospel classics, just think of all the great ones she hasn't recorded yet like Go Tell It On The Mountain, Away In A Manger, Gabriel's Message, We Three Kings (with Ariana & J-JHud), In The Bleak Midwinter and more.
                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                    I think this year's Christmas event will be a highly produced Christmas Concert extravaganza.

Mariah and Friends type of show with big performances or guest appearances.
                    I would love this more than a last year special part 2, i mean i loved it but just to have smth new

Comment

• So this is a crazy thought, and probably very untrue (but you know, let's change the discourse here).

Remember when Mariah was discussed as a possible judge on The Voice Australia. I was thinking what if there was something behind that speculation.

Jessica Mauboy, who is a huge Mariah fan, is a judge, and I thought perhaps they might bring in Mariah (via live feed from the US) as a mentor on Jessica's team.

We have not heard anything about that at all... so I'm just making this up, but if it were true, it could accomplish two things.

1 - Jessica gets to interact with Mariah, which would be awesome for her
                      2 - Mariah on TV
                      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                        I hope it will be mainly new Christmas songs this time. Not just one like last year.

Hearing she especially love the gospel classics, just think of all the great ones she hasn't recorded yet like Go Tell It On The Mountain, Away In A Manger, Gabriel's Message, We Three Kings (with Ariana & J-JHud), In The Bleak Midwinter and more.
                        With the exception of "In The Bleak Midwinter," which is good if a little too depressing, you just managed to literally list the worst Christmas songs ever there. Just bad Christmas song after bad Christmas song. Congrats!

I hope she doesn't touch any of that s&*t, but then again this is basically a moot discussion considering she straight up said she wrote an original gospel Christmas song.

Anyway, I just CANNOT at all this Christmas talk - period. It's still freaking July and we're talking Christmas already. She's becoming too f*(king immersed into the holidays. Bring on the non-holiday music!!!!

BTS suck donkey balls IMO, but if she/the label/Apple are looking for a hit, she might as well. *shrug*

Comment

• Just had a wild thought.. imagine if the young male vocalist is Lil Nas X
                          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                          Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                            Just had a wild thought.. imagine if the young male vocalist is Lil Nas X
                            I hope not. Moral codex and integrity again.
                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I hope not. Moral codex and integrity again.
                              huh? What’s wrong with moral codes and integrity when it comes to Lil Nas X?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post

huh? What’s wrong with moral codes and integrity when it comes to Lil Nas X?
                                music quality.
                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                  Just had a wild thought.. imagine if the young male vocalist is Lil Nas X
                                  That would be amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post

That would be amazing.
                                    You know he loves Christmas too and he had Holiday last year where he dressed as Santa and stuff. They could do something super fun I think
                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• If she’s looking for a young male artist who can carry a song with big vocals, I’m going to go with Ben Platt. I def don’t listen to that mopey melancholy type of music, but he has a beautiful voice, and some of his songs are very unique.

I also love Charlie Puth’s voice, he definitely can saaaaang, very similar tones to MC (in my opinion), love his vibe

there’s a guy, Jimmie Herrod, who just got the golden buzzer on this season of America’s Got Talent with Tomorrow from Annie, and OMG what a VOICE

and for young female singers, I would like Jazmine Sullivan, Ella Henderson (why isn’t she bigger, her voice is so stunning) or Dinah Jane (who also has a beautiful voice)

Comment

• As far as the male collab goes, I would say make it big name or just do it solo

As much as I don’t like him, Ed Sheeran is probably the way to go if she can’t get The Weeknd

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

Would have been #20 had Shake it Off reached #1...

But I think I would have rathered Endless Love reach #1, or maybe CLG.
                                          Can't Let Go & Loverboy should've been #1s (oh, and also Migrate).
                                          I mean, they're already in my book anyway, she has actually 22 #1s and two #2 hits

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                            CLG is her biggest robbed #1. Literally one of her best singles ever. Deserves to be #1 more than a few of her #1s
                                            I agree, CLG should've been #1, but Mariah's best songs are her deep cuts anyway

Comment

• This is so cool!

Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                              amazing
                                              We Belong Together is still inside the Top 60 on US iTunes at #57, it could chart for a 2nd week!

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                              a decade ago... a song that would be #40 in the Hot Digital Song Sales Chart would chart on the H100. How times have changed.
                                              Yep, streaming really changed the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                                I still need Mariah x Ari in a regular song. They sound heavenly together. And Ari current vocals more raspy and mature is her best yet
                                                Ugh, I agree.
                                                Ariana's new raspy voice is everything and would be a match made in heaven with Mariah's.
                                                Imagine dem harmonies together, eargasm.

And I think for a lot of reasons Positions is very similar to Caution (albums).

Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                                Im happy what whatever makes her happy. Even if she wants to collaborate with Thalia and Jlo in a group girl.lol if she is happy im happy. If she wants that 20th and wants to work with BTS good for her. If she doesnt care and wants to work with Jojo instead good for her and even better for me.

but whatever she does, i will be supporting her
                                                Yeah, this, I will support her and the track and the group.
                                                We all had our personal preferences but she's our Queen.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                DFAU for example is one of her least streamed and therefore remembered songs bc of its calculated similarities to WBT.
                                                I disagree with this baby.
                                                First, the songs are very different in their structure and vocal approaches (she used different elements & parts of her voice).
                                                Second, probably every other song she would've released at that time would've gone #1.

Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                                                It’s not that deep anyway. I remember back in the days people criticized the “quality” of Touch My Body and Obsessed as a “sell-out” move to reach #1 vs staying true to her artistic roots. In the end she did what she had to do and those two hits are still relevant today. By all mean I wish all her next singles will be similar to #Beautiful in terms of Quality/Success ratio but it’s not that deep. She has the career to back up her legacy, the next chart success is just bonus if it happens. I’m happy Apple is pushing a collab with a “young artist” it cements her legacy and keep her relevant to the general public. It’s a win win.
                                                Yeah, this is true, I agree.

Comment

• BTS fans started to tweet to Mariah
                                                  Last edited by Anderson; Wed July 28, 2021, 04:39.
                                                  Mariah Carey x BTS
                                                  #20th No.1

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                                    As far as the male collab goes, I would say make it big name or just do it solo

As much as I don’t like him, Ed Sheeran is probably the way to go if she can’t get The Weeknd
                                                    I don't mind Ed.
                                                    I prefer Charlie tho, I love his tone.

And I know most of you don't like Justin B, but I'd love another NON-XMAS collabo, an actual one.
                                                    I always imagined MC on a Purpose track.

And of course Miguel, Bruno & Abel would be amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X