Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
    A collab with BTS could also help her image in Korea, which was very damaged after her 2014 concert. And when she toured Asia again in 2018, she skipped it. Maybe they couldn't find a promoter?
    Actually her image in South Korea has been quite improved but it took a time like 3 years.
    AIWFCIY has done a great work for her every year since then.
    But there are still many people who talk badly about her.
    They believe Mariah looked down on Korean that day.
    What a deep misunderstanding...
    Last edited by Anderson; Wed July 28, 2021, 07:06.
    Mariah Carey x BTS
    #20th No.1

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
      Just had a wild thought.. imagine if the young male vocalist is Lil Nas X
      It would be such a fresh collaboration...
      He could bring a fresh breath of air into her music styles that are getting dull..
      Mariah Carey x BTS
      #20th No.1

Comment

• No, thanx.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
          As far as the male collab goes, I would say make it big name or just do it solo

As much as I don’t like him, Ed Sheeran is probably the way to go if she can’t get The Weeknd
          The Weeknd would be the best choice for her.
          Mariah Carey x BTS
          #20th No.1

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
            The thing about a BTS collaboration is that it will only be done for corporate Apple greed. And it better go to #1 because if it falls shy of that (even #2) then Mariah basically sold out her artistic integrity without getting anything in return. What is the price for tying the Beatles?
            Apple exclusive means no Spotify and no YouTube??
            Hopefully not... if so, the collabo song will never go #1
            Last edited by Anderson; Wed July 28, 2021, 07:46.
            Mariah Carey x BTS
            #20th No.1

Comment

• Mariah is far too good for that mediocrities like BTS. I hope collaboration isn't going to happen NEVER.
              Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
              My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
              Forever and always!

Comment

• Let's move on at least until we get more info about the group!

Comment

• BTS covered Puffy’s I’ll Be Missing you today, what a mess, I was Kris Jenner playing with the gun animated gif

Comment

• MC has had served many great My All performances through the years!

Which ones are your favorites?

My Top 5:
                    SNL 1997
                    Sydney 1998
                    Divas Live 1998
                    Pavarotti & Friends 1999
                    Milan 2000

Honorable mention:
                    Melbourne 2013
                    I always find myself coming back to this performance.

---

This performance is very underrated I feel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                      Let's move on at least until we get more info about the group!
                      We can talk about what we want. I for one think BTS could be interesting for the fact that a younger audience might get interested in Mariah and maybe afterwards she wont be relegated to adult r&b radio.

Sure i I would love the weeknd above everyone else but who knows if he is down to duet.

i still would like to see her work with Dallas Austin too
                      Last edited by tee; Wed July 28, 2021, 13:01.

Comment

We can talk about what we want. I for one think BTS could be interesting for the fact that a younger audience might get interested in Mariah and maybe afterwards she wont be relegated to adult r&b radio.

Sure i I would love the weeknd above everyone else but who knows if he is down to duet.
                        Erm, the moderator of the forum have told you guys to move on with the BTS topic or to continue in the BTS forum. So, for that reason we should move on, becausd we are going in circlesss

Comment

• Yeah, Im gonna hand out infractions after this point.

If something new develops with the BTS topic then we'll return to it. But for now, please let's spare the discussion for a bit.
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• .oops
                            Last edited by mm2912; Wed July 28, 2021, 14:28.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              MC has had served many great My All performances through the years!

Which ones are your favorites?
                              Easily SNL—she sounded and looked incredible.
                              funny how one can learn
                              to grow numb to the madness
                              and block it away

Comment

• In the Lambily Lounge she mentioned not liking touring and facing an ocean of cellphones but she almost never releases tour videos. I think that’s why Lambs in particular are filming everything because we know it’s our only shot to capture the moment to relive it. I wonder why there always seems to be professional cameras around and we never get anything not even on YouTube. I mean that was the best part about Mariah’s World, actually getting concert shots… She is also more at ease in a concert setting than a tv performance. She should have released some Caution Tour videos. It was beautiful and her voice was in good shape.

Comment

• I really wish Mariah did a whole album with Timbaland and Missy back in the day

Babydoll, Skydiving, 8th Grade

Can you imagine the creativity that would have flowed between dem three?!

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                    I really wish Mariah did a whole album with Timbaland and Missy back in the day

Babydoll, Skydiving, 8th Grade

Can you imagine the creativity that would have flowed between dem three?!
                                    Completely agree, this would have been amazing in the late 90s early 2000’s just listening to the chemistry Mariah and Timbaland have at the end of 8th Grade is amazing, that beat change

Comment

• God, I want Mariah’s version of “Malibu” so bad

Malibu is one of the more pop punk songs on the album, whereas others are more “alternative”

The pop punk rock wave is back in, who knows for how long, I feel like someone in the business should have alerted her, it’s literally what all the kids are listening to right now and that song is just too catchy

Like Malibu is basically a perfect power pop rock song, the way it builds at the end, Wilma was reallly in her bag in 94-95, makes sense it came not long after AIWFCIY
                                      Last edited by allygdale; Wed July 28, 2021, 18:52.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

music quality.
                                        Last edited by skylynx; Wed July 28, 2021, 19:49.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

The Weeknd would be the best choice for her.
                                          Bruno and The Weekend would be great male vocal choices. Though one is already everywhere (and a bit overexposed?) whilst the other looks like he's not that interested (shame).

I've seen Bruno live and he is without a doubt an INCREDIBLE live performer. His vocals live are so good, clear and very strong.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

After BTS, Lil Nas X is the "so called" artist I DO NOT want her having anything to do with.

Those acts and their fanbases are just not what a legend should be associating her name with. I would rather we have no more #1s then to collab or do something with any of them.
                                            Are we allowed to talk about this?

Its mariahs choice who she goes with (or maybe Apples?) but whether it is Bruno or BTS Im sure it will be a quality song regardless

apologies if this is part of one of the censored topics...

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

Lil Nas X is the "so called" artist I DO NOT want her having anything to do with.

Those acts and their fanbases are just not what a legend should be associating her name with. I would rather we have no more #1s then to collab or do something with any of them.
                                              Please take several seats. This sort of comment is completely uncalled for. I am both a Mariah fan and a Lil Nas X fan. Like who do you think you are exactly ?
                                              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                              Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Mariah Carey X Sam Smith please

I need another Dancing With A Stranger bop.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Please take several seats. This sort of comment is completely uncalled for. I am both a Mariah fan and a Lil Nas X fan. Like who do you think you are exactly ?
                                                  Someone who has preferences just like you.

Comment

Are we allowed to talk about this?

Its mariahs choice who she goes with (or maybe Apples?) but whether it is Bruno or BTS Im sure it will be a quality song regardless

apologies if this is part of one of the censored topics...
                                                    Is the word BTS being banned from this thread now?

I personally didn't even see the moderators' note about infractions.....i was catching up from yesterday's posts LOL

Comment

Working...
                                                    X