No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just dont mention _TS and you will be fine. Also dont speculate on who she may be collaborating with on her Christmas special. Just talk about other things, like past performances from previous tours! Keep the conversation moving.

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
      Just dont mention _TS and you will be fine. Also dont speculate on who she may be collaborating with on her Christmas special. Just talk about other things, like past performances from previous tours! Keep the conversation moving.
      you seem annoyed. It's just that some acts are more polarizing than others... and everybody is allowed to have an opinion. You may like xy act and I don't... but it doesn't mean... that you cannot talk about xy.

If I had any say in any future collaboration... it wouldn't even be a male act, it would be queen Janet. Give them a dance beat over a hard hitting baseline with some 80s synths... and voila... a smash is born... <3

#Janet
      #Uptempo
      #Smash
      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
        Just dont mention _TS and you will be fine. Also dont speculate on who she may be collaborating with on her Christmas special. Just talk about other things, like past performances from previous tours! Keep the conversation moving.
        I had no idea LOL, truthuly. I was agreeing with what Stevvy was saying.

Anyway, goes to show. this thread as messy as it is actually has some interesting conversations around new topics recently compared to the constant news feeds bottom of the barrell stuff that was the case several weeks ago. Quite interesting what some people consider as going so well when it's the same usual boring banter.

So what are we talking about now?

* Vocals? - NO
        * Aesthetics and Dress Sense? - NO
        * Collab Partners? - NO
        * Christmas? - NO
        * _TS? NO
        * LIL NX? NO

As you say, looks like we can only look back at past performances, vocal reactions on youtube, favourite songs, and everything is positive talk. yay!
        Last edited by skylynx; Wed July 28, 2021, 20:31.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

you seem annoyed. It's just that some acts are more polarizing than others... and everybody is allowed to have an opinion. You may like xy act and I don't... but it doesn't mean... that you cannot talk about xy.

If I had any say in any future collaboration... it wouldn't even be a male act, it would be queen Janet. Give them a dance beat over a hard hitting baseline with some 80s synths... and voila... a smash is born... <3

#Janet
          #Uptempo
          #Smash
          What's Janet doing these days? Is she even releasing Black Diamond anymore or going with another concept. She's kept very quiet unlike Mariah.

I do wonder whether Mariah's spilling too much in these fan spaces. I would prefer a bit more measured, professional release and a few surprises (i.e. no idea it's coming).

It almost seems in a way that we know exactly what she has coming, which for some may increase the excitement but looses a sense of mystique.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
            In the Lambily Lounge she mentioned not liking touring and facing an ocean of cellphones but she almost never releases tour videos. I think that’s why Lambs in particular are filming everything because we know it’s our only shot to capture the moment to relive it. I wonder why there always seems to be professional cameras around and we never get anything not even on YouTube. I mean that was the best part about Mariah’s World, actually getting concert shots… She is also more at ease in a concert setting than a tv performance. She should have released some Caution Tour videos. It was beautiful and her voice was in good shape.
            I understand her frustration.

I think Bruno Mars or someone implemented a new cell phone policy at his shows and I think it worked.

MC and her touring team maybe should consider something like this where it is enforced by removing people's cell phones before they enter and kicking out offenders.

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I think Bruno Mars or someone implemented a new cell phone policy at his shows and I think it worked.

MC and her touring team maybe should consider something like this where it is enforced by removing people's cell phones before they enter and kicking out offenders.
              I don't think you can legally remove someones phone from them tbh.

Also do you really want there to be shows and a tour where no clips are posted online. Activity here would plummett
              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
              Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Some artists have done concerts where audiences put their phones in a pouch at the arena/concert site and it is locked during the show and unlocked once the show is over. I know Prince hated cell phones at his shows and I believe some of his shows near the end were doing this method.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I don't think you can legally remove someones phone from them tbh.

Also do you really want there to be shows and a tour where no clips are posted online. Activity here would plummett
                  I think once you agree to it when you purchase the ticket, it's allowed.

Im sure if you don't agree with it then you have a choice not to go or get a refund.

Here's the message Bruno and team sent to fans beforehand. It seems everyone keeps their own pouch which locks/unlocks in certain areas?

We look forward to seeing you at Park Theater but first we want to make sure you're prepared prior to your arrival. The use of cellphones, smart watches, cameras or recording devices will not be permitted at Bruno Mars' residency at the Park Theater.

Upon arrival at the venue, you'll have your ticket scanned and then all phones and smart watches will be secured in Yondr cases that will be unlocked at the end of the event. Guests are encouraged to have your mobile ticket open and ready for scanning. Guests maintain possession of their phones at all times, and can access their phones throughout the show at designated Phone Use Areas in the venue. All phones will be re-locked in Yondr cases before returning to the performance space.

Anyone caught using a cellphone during the performance will be removed from the venue. We appreciate your cooperation in creating a phone-free viewing experience.

For more questions,visit www.overyondr.com/faq

Questions? Please reply to this email, or get answers right now.

Thanks for being a fan!

Ticketmaster Fan Support

This website explains the process:
                  https://www.overyondr.com/faq

Comment

I think once you agree to it when you purchase the ticket, it's allowed.

Im sure if you don't agree with it then you have a choice not to go or get a refund.

Here's the message Bruno and team sent to fans beforehand. It seems everyone keeps their own pouch which locks/unlocks in certain areas?

This website explains the process:
                    https://www.overyondr.com/faq
                    Fair enough. I think its a bit draconian tbh.

And with that system they arent actually removing the phone. Interesting concept.
                    Last edited by InFamous; Wed July 28, 2021, 21:25.
                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Some people also record their concerts on CDs... and you can buy the CDs after the show on the same night as merchandize... That's such a cool thing to do. Robbie Williams does it for example.
                      My Chart

Comment

• Whyyy do the trolls all seem like the same person whyyyyyyyy

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                          Whyyy do the trolls all seem like the same person whyyyyyyyy
                          They probably are.
                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

What's Janet doing these days? Is she even releasing Black Diamond anymore or going with another concept. She's kept very quiet unlike Mariah.

I do wonder whether Mariah's spilling too much in these fan spaces. I would prefer a bit more measured, professional release and a few surprises (i.e. no idea it's coming).

It almost seems in a way that we know exactly what she has coming, which for some may increase the excitement but looses a sense of mystique.

I'm hoping Damita is reading this thread and trying to get MCs mobile number to do what is right.
                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                              Some people also record their concerts on CDs... and you can buy the CDs after the show on the same night as merchandize... That's such a cool thing to do. Robbie Williams does it for example.
                              Perfectionistriah would rather die lol… would love it though
                              Eudaimonia
                              Last.fm
                              Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post

With the exception of "In The Bleak Midwinter," which is good if a little too depressing, you just managed to literally list the worst Christmas songs ever there. Just bad Christmas song after bad Christmas song. Congrats!
                                I'm the one to go to when it comes to Christmas music on UKMIX, so never doubt my taste when it comes to Christmas music. Especially if you're not ready to talk about Christmas in July. It's a big world. It must be Christmas somewhere.

Just look at what Vanessa Williams did with Go Tell It On The Mountain. With Mariah making it her own and doing it as a separate song or as a mash-up with something unexpected, it could be her next Joy To The World/Jesus Oh What A Wonderful Child.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• skylynx if its controversial leave it out of the thread! I love Mariahs performance of VOL at the Grammys in 1991 just about as much as I loved it in BETs blueprint in 2005. Anybody with me?

Comment

• I strongly believe that things suppose to happen when they do, however A Mariah & Janet collabo is long overdue but something tells me it's just not going to happen. even a duet with Celine seems more attainable for some reason nevertheless, I'd like for both ideas to someday flourish "for the nostalgia".

With all this talk about new music, I'm starting to become a lil' restless and patience-less
                                    #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• SilkSonic?

Comment

• Madonna also had that no-cellphones policy on her last tour. If it bothers Mariah, she should do that Yondr case thing too. I hope it doesn't discourage her from touring, as it seems to be main income for all artists. Her next studio album should be followed by a big ass world tour, like Charmbracelet Tour but including Oceania and South America as well.
                                        http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post
                                          I strongly believe that things suppose to happen when they do, however A Mariah & Janet collabo is long overdue but something tells me it's just not going to happen. even a duet with Celine seems more attainable for some reason nevertheless, I'd like for both ideas to someday flourish "for the nostalgia".

With all this talk about new music, I'm starting to become a lil' restless and patience-less
                                          I would love a Janet and Celine duet but find it unlikely to happen. But hey! Ariana seemed impossible as well and look what happened.
                                          http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                                            My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                                            Forever and always!

Comment

• Mariah & Celine duet should've happened in the 1990s.
                                              It was the voice of her prime but for now?
                                              It's better not to do it...
                                              I don't wanna see another Divas live moment.
                                              Mariah Carey x BTS
                                              #20th No.1

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I'm the one to go to when it comes to Christmas music on UKMIX, so never doubt my taste when it comes to Christmas music. Especially if you're not ready to talk about Christmas in July. It's a big world. It must be Christmas somewhere.

Just look at what Vanessa Williams did with Go Tell It On The Mountain. With Mariah making it her own and doing it as a separate song or as a mash-up with something unexpected, it could be her next Joy To The World/Jesus Oh What A Wonderful Child.

much prefer “save the best for last”
                                                To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                                  Mariah & Celine duet should've happened in the 1990s.
                                                  It was the voice of her prime but for now?
                                                  It's better not to do it...
                                                  I don't wanna see another Divas live moment.
                                                  back in 1997 Mariah was leagues ahead… now, Celine would battle and win. No to this.
                                                  To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                                    SilkSonic?
                                                    Would love this! I don't know how realistic it is to think it's possible but I think her, Bruno and Anderson Paak would come up with a winner.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X