No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Range Media Partners, Mariah's management agency, is starting a new label, "Range Media" with Capitol and Virgin. Wonder what this means for MC, if anything at all.

Range Media, Agency for Mariah Carey, Launches Record Label With Capitol & Virgin
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...apitol-virgin/

Range Music launches today in partnership with Capitol Music Group and Virgin Music & Artist Label Services.

Range Media Partners, a fast-growing management firm launched last September, now has its own record label: Range Music.
    The label announced Thursday (July 29) is a partnership with Capitol Music Group (CMG) and its Virgin Music & Artist Label Services Company, which will together handle worldwide physical and digital distribution for all Range Music releases. Range Media represents the likes of Mariah Carey, Jack Harlow, Midland, Justin Tranter and PARTYNEXTDOOR, and according to a press release, Range Media artists who are "concluding existing recording contracts" will have the ability to sign to Range Music.

"Range Media Partners is a home for creators and managers alike," Range Media co-founder and managing partner Matt Graham said ini a statement. "As a collective of experienced managers who came from across the industry’s best companies, we benefit from a diversity of ideas, tastes and relationships that help to create a tremendous multiplier effect for our management clients and any artists that we partner with at our new Range Music label. We endeavor to provide a safe harbor for artists and managers to grow and take advantage of our ample resources across the entire entertainment landscape."

Given that Range Media also represents film directors like Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan, the company says it will now be able to provide new synch and soundtrack opportunities to Range Music artists.

The nearly year-old Range Media was launched by a group of top agents amid a pandemic-related agency exodus last fall. Range Media's music division is helmed by managing partners Graham, Tyler Henry, Jack Minihan, Melissa Ruderman, Chris Thomas and Evan Winiker, as well as partners Michele Harrison, Greg Johnson and Rachel Douglas. All of them will run the label as a collaborative effort, according to a spokesperson for the company. Every Range Media manager is a financial stakeholder in the company, meaning that all managers will be shareholders in Range Music.

"We are excited to be partnering with the great executive talent at Range Media Partners on our new venture, Range Music, that will be devoted to artist development and utilize the best of Virgin and Capitol to achieve our goals," CMG chairman/CEO Jeff Vaughn and president/COO Michelle Jubelirer said in a joint statement.

"Through our new partnership with Range," added Virgin president Jacqueline Saturn, "we can take advantage of Virgin’s ability to execute artist-friendly recording agreements and expedite the signing process, enabling us to focus on breaking artists and enhancing the careers of established talent, together."
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• would be funny if she ended up being affiliated with Virgin again....

another karma game?

Virgin dropped her and she had TEOM with Universal.

Now, Sony is doing nothing with and for her and it would be epic if she could get another hit album with Virgin.
      My Chart

Comment

• Are other artists usually jumping from record company to record company like Mariah or she is an isolated case. Wondering if she is difficult to work with in terms of creative compatibility… but how ironic that she now ends up with Virgin again
        Last edited by Xmas; Thu July 29, 2021, 18:37.

Comment

• Is this real or just a fan edit?

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
            Range Media Partners, Mariah's management agency, is starting a new label, "Range Media" with Capitol and Virgin. Wonder what this means for MC, if anything at all.

Range Media, Agency for Mariah Carey, Launches Record Label With Capitol & Virgin
            https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...apitol-virgin/

I didn’t even know Virgin records still existed

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
              I didn’t even know Virgin records still existed
              It became a division under UMG in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post

Completely agree, this would have been amazing in the late 90s early 2000’s just listening to the chemistry Mariah and Timbaland have at the end of 8th Grade is amazing, that beat change
                Yaaas... 8th Grade is sooo gooooood!

Comment

• Speaking of 8th Grade, Drake still hasn’t finished his album

Mariah should try to get on that, he would totally be down for it

The way she could probably write him all the hooks he has yet to complete in three days

I push Drake because I think he has a little bit of that quirk and versatility, and also he’s showed respect and still racks in streams like nobody’s business

Comment

• Drake better have MC on the record or he can keep it.
                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Lol The Mariah / JLO drama goes way back according to Margaret Cho

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thes...fore-feud/amp/

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                        Are other artists usually jumping from record company to record company like Mariah or she is an isolated case. Wondering if she is difficult to work with in terms of creative compatibility… but how ironic that she now ends up with Virgin again
                        She’s been on 4 labels in a span of 31 years…. I wouldn’t call that jumping around sis

Comment

Lol The Mariah / JLO drama goes way back according to Margaret Cho

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thes...fore-feud/amp/
                          It hurts my brain... when timelines... and names... and places... don't match and make sense... it like... these people invent their own realities.

Margaret Cho... seek help, girl... could be a serious illness.
                          My Chart

Comment

• Lawd, I am so over that feud

I bet Mariah is too

And she had every right to want to beat a bitch’s ass in 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                              She’s been on 4 labels in a span of 31 years…. I wouldn’t call that jumping around sis
                              After Columbia she had Virgin - Monarc - Island - Def Jam and after she went to Epic then Legacy and now Mariah Carey and soon the new merge thing. It seems like a lot of moving in the later years for me IDK

Comment

• TheRealest I agree about Silk Sonic it’s a no brainer Anderson and Bruno have a great ear for melody as does Mariah and with this live band direction she’s going in she should be in the album.

Also what would you guys think of Mariah doing her own Silk Sonic/Lucy Pearl super group?

Mariah and Dev?
                                Mariah, Drake and the Weekend? (I went too far)

Comment

After Columbia she had Virgin - Monarc - Island - Def Jam and after she went to Epic then Legacy and now Mariah Carey and soon the new merge thing. It seems like a lot of moving in the later years for me IDK
                                  wrong

Columbia/Sony (1988-2001)
                                  Virgin (2001-2002)
                                  IDJ/Universal (2002-2014)
                                  Epic/Sony (2015-???)

Only 4 labels since she was signed in 1988. We do not know if she is still signed to Epic or not, and we do not know for sure if she will joint Range’s merged label - that’s just a possibility based on speculation and that they manage her.

Comment

This is is such a non-issue.

The music industry has been near-dead for more than a decade. Even the most popular artists are forced to tour, do brand deals, endorsements, and partnerships they wouldn't have winked out twenty years ago because album sales just aren't there these days. As you can imagine, it's harder for a veteran act to get a favorable deal. Changing labels and moving around a bit are inevitable, and shouldn't be a point of criticism from someone purporting to be a fan.

She left Columbia because she was being suffocated and stifled there. Tommy literally stole her music and gave it to a backup dancer who couldn't sing. She had to leave.

Leaving EMI/Virgin Records wasn't her choice. The guy who replaced Nancy Berry was gunning for her, and even made a tasteless reference to the payout she got when they ended her contract. Her career saw new heights with TEOM as EMI/Virgin circled the drain.

Def Jam was sabotaging her and refusing to promote her last two albums there.She didn't get the budget she wanted for MIAMTEC, and that was it for them.

Epic apparently wouldn't pay for anything, so technically, she is without a label at the moment, save for distribution from Sony Legacy. Artists don't necessarily have to have labels these days, so again, stop freaking out over the fact that she's moved a few times throughout her career.

Comment

• I want to hear the Crave song. I feel like we deserve it.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                                        I want to hear the Crave song. I feel like we deserve it.
                                        We already have it tho. Demented?

Comment

• That Margaret Cho story is hilarious.

remember, both Mariah and JLO performed at the 1991 American Music Awards. Mimi with Someday, JLO dancing background to NKOTB

I LOVE it

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
                                            That Margaret Cho story is hilarious.

remember, both Mariah and JLO performed at the 1991 American Music Awards. Mimi with Someday, JLO dancing background to NKOTB

I LOVE it
                                            It is actually amazing how both those women elevated themselves from backgrounds to major solo stars in the world.
                                            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                            Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Her confidence here is just out of this world.

Comment

• ^ Interesting to see that she used the big M letter with the lights long before the alternate cover for Caution !!

Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Im excited at the prospect of Mariah joining back up with Virgin. I thought Sony was the return home, but no, its Virgin! Capital records will look good on her!

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
                                                    We already have it tho. Demented?
                                                    I have never met her.

EDIT: It's from SUD. I'm not a fan of that album, but this might the one track that I like. Thank you for telling me how to find it! <3

Comment

Working...
                                                    X