Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    ^ Interesting to see that she used the big M letter with the lights long before the alternate cover for Caution !!

    I just realised that is the exactly same M as the one in the video of shake it off lol the one on the tv

    Comment


    • I think Virgin and Capitol are just the distribution partners, the record label is Range Music.

      I suspect that Mariah had a multiple album deal with Epic that she has to fulfil, I think that MC16 would be through Epic, as she said she is funding it herself and doesn't want any input from the label. Also the fact she is doing the behind the scenes thing to support the album is smart, as then she will get money from Netlfix/Apple (or whoever they go with) which could be used for promo.

      Pure speculation ofcourse.

      I hope she is with the new label, they will have new energy / budgets for her.

      She could still keep on side with legacy for her older stuff.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by am1 View Post
        I think Virgin and Capitol are just the distribution partners, the record label is Range Music.

        I suspect that Mariah had a multiple album deal with Epic that she has to fulfil, I think that MC16 would be through Epic, as she said she is funding it herself and doesn't want any input from the label. Also the fact she is doing the behind the scenes thing to support the album is smart, as then she will get money from Netlfix/Apple (or whoever they go with) which could be used for promo.

        Pure speculation ofcourse.

        I hope she is with the new label, they will have new energy / budgets for her.

        She could still keep on side with legacy for her older stuff.
        Wasn’t she doing a behind the scene/documentary around the MIAM era as well? Pretty sure that they filmed something around her injury and the Central Park concert? Was it scrapped somehow?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by am1 View Post
          I think Virgin and Capitol are just the distribution partners, the record label is Range Music.

          Yeah, according to the press release they will be leaning on on Virgin/Capitol for distribution and things like radio.

          Not sure where MC sits with Epic tbh. They don't seem to do the bare minimum when it comes to her but she's still on their roster.

          I wouldn't be opposed if she signs elsewhere.
          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

          Comment


          • Originally posted by am1 View Post
            I think Virgin and Capitol are just the distribution partners, the record label is Range Music.

            I suspect that Mariah had a multiple album deal with Epic that she has to fulfil, I think that MC16 would be through Epic, as she said she is funding it herself and doesn't want any input from the label. Also the fact she is doing the behind the scenes thing to support the album is smart, as then she will get money from Netlfix/Apple (or whoever they go with) which could be used for promo.

            Pure speculation ofcourse.

            I hope she is with the new label, they will have new energy / budgets for her.

            She could still keep on side with legacy for her older stuff.

            Seems plausible. Epic is still following her on IG as is the label head Sylvia Rhone, unlike Roc Nation who instantly unfollowed her when she left.

            She did indeed say that she's looking for a studio (TV perhaps?) that will air the behind-the-scenes. I hope she manages to ink a deal with Netflix or any other major platform which would be good promo.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post


              Her confidence here is just out of this world.
              I love the thumping beat with this song... it sounds great, she was great - loved her strutting.
              MESMARIAHSING!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                TheRealest I agree about Silk Sonic it’s a no brainer Anderson and Bruno have a great ear for melody as does Mariah and with this live band direction she’s going in she should be in the album.

                Also what would you guys think of Mariah doing her own Silk Sonic/Lucy Pearl super group?

                Mariah and Dev?
                Mariah, Drake and the Weekend? (I went too far)


                ooh! I loved that Lucy Pearl album!!!!
                I loved Dawn Robinson from EnVogue!
                such good songs on that album! Great vibe album!

                http://marcokircher.com
                http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

                My YT Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                IG: marco235

                Comment


                • Im very scared for MC right now about her label situation. Seeing that shes working on this new album on her own, without any label overseeing things, Im very worried about MC16, if Im being completely honest.

                  Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                  Lol The Mariah / JLO drama goes way back according to Margaret Cho

                  https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thes...fore-feud/amp/
                  sounds like she doesnt have a CLUE what shes talking about. shes got the timelines all jumbled in her mind. bitches always trying to start some shit and drama SMH

                  Comment


                  • I hope she releases SUD without altering it too much.
                    ​​If it's released soon would that technically be MC16?

                    When she mentioned Brandy didn't she say something about a project? Imagine if it is some Lucy Pearl type thing.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by sm3 View Post

                      She did indeed say that she's looking for a studio (TV perhaps?) that will air the behind-the-scenes. I hope she manages to ink a deal with Netflix or any other major platform which would be good promo.
                      As long as it's unscripted! She is so good when she is just herself.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

                        Yeah, according to the press release they will be leaning on on Virgin/Capitol for distribution and things like radio.

                        Not sure where MC sits with Epic tbh. They don't seem to do the bare minimum when it comes to her but she's still on their roster.

                        I wouldn't be opposed if she signs elsewhere.
                        Questlove told the guys who wanted to sample SIO that Mariah had "bad blood" with Epic, and that is because of money.

                        Comment


                        • Yeah but SIO is a Def Jam song lol, I think she was just having label problems generally

                          Comment


                          • I wish she stays in Sony family simce most of her best catalog is there. Epic doesn’t seem to care about her tho, but we can’t blame them too much since she doesn’t generate much sales anymore. She should try to get sponsors to finance her videos and albums

                            Comment


                            • Mariah Carey is music royalty. Lets start there. Living music royalty. In reality she should be able to sign to the biggest label and command at least a moderate budget. Shes Mariah Carey! However I feel like over the years shes burnt all of her corporate bridges to the place of no return. Shes had a problem with every single label and the way she was treating LA Reid at the tail end of his time at Epic was inexcusable. Granted she was under the Stella spell. Maybe Range Music is all she has left? I would be excited if Capitol/Virgin were actually included in the process of developing her next album and marketing but Im not so sure its that.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post


                                Her confidence here is just out of this world.
                                Teehee...she was looking fire here. But had to laugh cos at first she had the two dancers to help her inch forward a few meagre steps, then boom - she is strutting around by herself.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by tee View Post
                                  Mariah Carey is music royalty. Lets start there. Living music royalty. In reality she should be able to sign to the biggest label and command at least a moderate budget. Shes Mariah Carey! However I feel like over the years shes burnt all of her corporate bridges to the place of no return. Shes had a problem with every single label and the way she was treating LA Reid at the tail end of his time at Epic was inexcusable. Granted she was under the Stella spell. Maybe Range Music is all she has left? I would be excited if Capitol/Virgin were actually included in the process of developing her next album and marketing but Im not so sure its that.
                                  Mariah also still makes a lot of money for SONY, they would be stupid to let her go tbh. Her xmas catalogue is probably generating revenue up to $10 million per annual. In 2020 alone, that Xmas album sold an equivalent 420,000 - 440,000 albums units worldwide. Many current pop girls would kill for an album "selling" in these quantities every single year. AIWFCIY sold the equivalent of 1,8 million copies in the US alone (probabyl 4 million sps units globally).

                                  When it comes to traditional sales... her catalogue probably still moves 150,000 units in the USA per year

                                  All I'm saying is... that I agree with you... any label would be stupid to not care about her. She probably still ranks in the top 25 of the biggest selling female recording acts of our present-time. The situation is not as dire as some people think it is.

                                  If only they would promote her material outside the USA again.
                                  My Chart

                                  Comment


                                  • I don't care what label she is signed to, I'm bothered 'cause after #1 to Infinity none of her releases were issued in my country.

                                    But I agree with stevvy, she should stay under the Sony umbrella, at least until all the unreleased tracks, videos and SUD are out
                                    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

                                    Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

                                    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

                                    Comment


                                    • Speaking of SUD... after the twitter thing when she talked about doing stuff with the album, it got me thinking about that project.

                                      Technically SUD is credited to Chick, and Chick are a completely different artist to Mariah (more so in this case as her real name doesn't appear anywhere on the album).
                                      Per Billboard rules, if the album is released it would not be credited to Mariah at all.

                                      So I was wondering if Mariah is re-recording the vocals and if that had something to do with that. She wrote the songs too so I wonder how they were registered (under her real name or her D. Sue name).
                                      MESMARIAHSING!

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                        Speaking of SUD... after the twitter thing when she talked about doing stuff with the album, it got me thinking about that project.

                                        Technically SUD is credited to Chick, and Chick are a completely different artist to Mariah (more so in this case as her real name doesn't appear anywhere on the album).
                                        Per Billboard rules, if the album is released it would not be credited to Mariah at all.

                                        So I was wondering if Mariah is re-recording the vocals and if that had something to do with that. She wrote the songs too so I wonder how they were registered (under her real name or her D. Sue name).
                                        I guess as the songwriter etc and the fact that she found her original recordings and is re-working them... it will not be released under Chick, but under her name and then it will be credited to her.
                                        My Chart

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by sYair View Post
                                          I don't care what label she is signed to, I'm bothered 'cause after #1 to Infinity none of her releases were issued in my country.

                                          But I agree with stevvy, she should stay under the Sony umbrella, at least until all the unreleased tracks, videos and SUD are out
                                          If she re-records / produces the songs... then she can release them under any other label as well.. even self-publish it, as she is also the songwriter.

                                          In regards to #1 to Infinity... Sony always does kinda well with these compilation-albums... not only is #1's a blockbuster mega smash album, The Remixes for what it's worth, did quite well, GH is obviously a good seller as well (pushing ever closer to 5m copies worldwide) and The Ballads has already surpassed 400,000 units in the USA and is pushing ever closer to platinum in the UK (300k) and then Infinity is also Gold (100k) in the UK.

                                          Her 2019 Xmas album re-release is also kind of a compilation album as it features songs from her 2nd Xmas album and stand-alone tracks (it sold over 1 million copies since its release).

                                          So, I can understand why SONY is not getting enough of releasing more and more compilation albums for her. Playlist, too, sold almost 100,000 copies in the US alone and Essential has sold 200,000 in the USA as well.
                                          My Chart

                                          Comment


                                          • Would anyone be interested in re recorded vocals for SUD?
                                            If we can't hear it in its original recording/era then what's the point?

                                            Comment


                                            • I agree, I'd rather hear her 1995 vocals (that she said she found) than 2021 ones.
                                              http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

                                              Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

                                              www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

                                              Comment


                                              • SUD would be a million times better with her 1995 vocals. Those are what we need to hear. Purely because of the style of music and how huge her voice was at the time.
                                                To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                                  SUD would be a million times better with her 1995 vocals. Those are what we need to hear. Purely because of the style of music and how huge her voice was at the time.
                                                  I don’t think there will be any big notes on SUD

                                                  But of course we want that version

                                                  Comment


                                                  • ... and that it is the authentic record. It's special because it's from that era.

                                                    I don't really care if it's not credited to Mariah per se, but to Chick. It would be nice, but it's part of her legacy either way. It's not like it's going to be a #1 album lol - actually you never know
                                                    MESMARIAHSING!

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X