Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sYair View Post
    I agree, I'd rather hear her 1995 vocals (that she said she found) than 2021 ones.
    I dont think she’s singing it in 2021. Someone else is.
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

    Comment


    • Originally posted by allygdale View Post

      I don’t think there will be any big notes on SUD

      But of course we want that version
      haha I didn’t mean the same kind of belting, but it’s loud and her power was much better then.

      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

      Comment


      • I couldn't care less about SUD.
        Focus on the new stuff, Meemz.
        Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
          I couldn't care less about SUD.
          Focus on the new stuff, Meemz.
          a double album would be appreciated... MC16 + SUD
          My Chart

          Comment


          • The original SUD should have been released alongside the book. The Rarities did nothing for the memoirs and did not even relate as much to the book (with the exception of Out Here on my Own/Loverboy)

            SUD would have made a way bigger splash and got the general public talking more.

            Now it seems too late and will be a for the lambs only thing again. I have no idea where SONYs head is at. They are literally sitting on vocal gold and could have combined it with the book to get maximum exposure and sales.

            However I doubt she wants her original vocals out there because it only pinpoints the stark contrast between then & now vocals.

            The Rarities could have still come out as part as #MC30, or they could have waited for #MC40 and done a huge double disc Rarities album then.
            Last edited by tee; Sat July 31, 2021, 13:37.

            Comment


            • I also think it would have been great to release it with the book but seems like she found her vocals very late so maybe it wasn’t possible to release SUD at the time. But now after so long I wonder what is happening. Same for MC30 that stopped abruptly. I hope that they are working things out and we will get them eventually. I don’t think I will play the shit out of SUD cause that’s not my style of music but I’m still curious to hear it and I might like it since it’s Mariah and everything she touches is gold

              Comment


              • I don't understand this concept of her finding things too late. When did she go looking for them? She's been writing the book for years, presumably since she's been back with Sony. And even had ideas for it back in 2010. I doubt she just lifted a box and there they were suddenly. So it's really about pre-planning and making things coordinate (on time). Look at Beyonce when she puts something together it all makes sense and it's all at the same time. That's not 100% on Mariah but she needs a management team that can see all of this. Sometimes it feels that the lambs are ten steps ahead of her own management.

                The two things that stick out the most from the book and they are also the things the media picked up on the most was her relationship with her siblings and SUD! And yet no album ready to drop with it.

                Comment


                • Let's be realistic here.. the only people who are going to check out SUD are the people who checked out the Rarities. It will make a few headlines but it is really just going to be something for the fans.
                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                  Pronouns: He / Him

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                    Let's be realistic here.. the only people who are going to check out SUD are the people who checked out the Rarities. It will make a few headlines but it is really just going to be something for the fans.
                    I don't normally disagree with you posts but this one I definitely do. It would have made massive headlines in the music world (the Rarities went by with very few mentions) and sure the lambs would have checked it out but any fans of 90's Mariah would want to hear that voice again and be very curious at her doing an alternative album. It would have been a reinvention of sorts. It's all about how it would've been marketed. That's not saying the Rarities wasn't a good idea. I love it but its execution was also a little underwhelming, and it was missing some of the most anticipated songs (Skydiving, #B remix).

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by tee View Post
                      I don't normally disagree with you posts but this one I definitely do. It would have made massive headlines in the music world (the Rarities went by with very few mentions) and sure the lambs would have checked it out but any fans of 90's Mariah would want to hear that voice again and be very curious at her doing an alternative album. It would have been a reinvention of sorts. It's all about how it would've been marketed. That's not saying the Rarities wasn't a good idea. I love it but its execution was also a little underwhelming, and it was missing some of the most anticipated songs (Skydiving, #B remix).
                      By that logic all the 90s lambs would also have checked out the Rarities but they clearly didn't. I don't think SUD would have made much waves nor will it when and if it is released. But we can agree to disagree ;)
                      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                      Pronouns: He / Him

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                        By that logic all the 90s lambs would also have checked out the Rarities but they clearly didn't. I don't think SUD would have made much waves nor will it when and if it is released. But we can agree to disagree ;)
                        Any 90s lambs would be excited to check rarities when the song being promoted is STD with horrible 2020 vocals

                        Comment


                        • Had it been released as a surprise album the same week as the book, it would have definitely make some noise. Many were talking about the book and she did some promo here and there so to have also a secret alternative album being released at the same time would have garnered interest. It can still make some headlines if things are executed properly, something that has been lacking in Mariah’s world since 1901 (except for her Christmas stuff)

                          Comment


                          • Her book was the biggest project she's released arguably since Glitter. It was a big deal. Albums come and go but your first album, first movie, first book are career milestones.

                            She could have had dropped the surprise alternative album the same week as the book, she could have even had actors that she knows and respects shoot music videos for the songs. There was so much potential surrounding the book to make the biggest splash possible. It still did very well but it could have been monumental. Just picture, 1995 Mariah vocals singing alternative rock songs..... with amazing visuals in a surprise visual album. 2020 could have been the comeback year of all comeback years!

                            The Rarities could have still come out at the end of #MC30 right in time for Christmas.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by tee View Post
                              Her book was the biggest project she's released arguably since Glitter. It was a big deal. Albums come and go but your first album, first movie, first book are career milestones.

                              She could have had dropped the surprise alternative album the same week as the book, she could have even had actors that she knows and respects shoot music videos for the songs. There was so much potential surrounding the book to make the biggest splash possible. It still did very well but it could have been monumental. Just picture, 1995 Mariah vocals singing alternative rock songs..... with amazing visuals in a surprise visual album. 2020 could have been the comeback year of all comeback years!

                              The Rarities could have still come out at the end of #MC30 right in time for Christmas.
                              But Mariahs main problem is that she overthinks everything. Why she thinks this album needs to be redone with Millie Bobbie Brown or whoever or anyone in fact - is beyond me. Just give us the album with your vocals you recorded in 1995 - that is what people want.
                              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                              Pronouns: He / Him

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                But Mariahs main problem is that she overthinks everything. Why she thinks this album needs to be redone with Millie Bobbie Brown or whoever or anyone in fact - is beyond me. Just give us the album with your vocals you recorded in 1995 - that is what people want.
                                I was listening to Portrait today and was thinking about this too. Even tho the vocals are not very impressive and a bit restrained, I much prefer like this than if she had the time to process it and make it sound like Siri and very thin and girly and high pitched like most of chanteuse songs. Sometimes I feel like Mariah’s is her worst enemy. I’m always here for Mariah’s honest current vocals than the vocals she try to manipulate artificially

                                Comment


                                • The thing about the so called "90s lambs" is that not all of them are lambs anymore. I've been a fan since Vision Of Love and the fans I've met in those early years are either still lambs and listen to any new release or handed in their fan card when Mariah released Butterfly and don't bother to check out new releases. Not even when they were recorded back in the 90s.
                                  My Instagram... - Click here

                                  Comment


                                  • And what is left of the lambs r turning into “yes” people, there’s nothing wrong with good, polite criticism, it helps in opening the artist eyes on some stuff they’re not noticing...
                                    and i do agree, that mariah can be her worst enemy...we already saw and understood the patterns...

                                    for me, i am still here for songs like giving me life or the beautiful out here on my own, so I don’t like her urban/hip hop side, and i am not supposed to enjoy everything she does unless this is considered a crime in the land of the hard core lambs, i am sure that what is left of them are not regular lambs, and it’s fine that you like every thing she does, but plz don’t dismiss others when they’re obviously writing their concerns or good criticism outta love, and what i am reading is just fans who wants her to do better and her best, that’s all.

                                    Comment


                                    • So, we know that it's guaranteed we're getting new music in December. So, at worse, we just need to survive 4.5 months without new Mariah music. Counting down the weeks already. Hopefully, the Christmas track is as good as she made out.

                                      Comment


                                      • I honestly don’t get this myth of lambs on UKmix being ‘yes’ people or lambs in general I actually think we are one of the most critical fanbases.

                                        But however there is a difference between having genuine discussions about our likes and dislikes on the music, performances etc or dealing with certain posts that voice negative opinions in an overpowering way continuously, it interrupts the flow of the great conversations we have.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post
                                          So, we know that it's guaranteed we're getting new music in December. So, at worse, we just need to survive 4.5 months without new Mariah music. Counting down the weeks already. Hopefully, the Christmas track is as good as she made out.
                                          And we already got Somewhat Loved. I don't know any other artist who has at least one song released every year since 1990.
                                          My Instagram... - Click here

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by RayRay View Post

                                            And we already got Somewhat Loved. I don't know any other artist who has at least one song released every year since 1990.
                                            This is correct. Literally.. in every single year...

                                            the 2010s:

                                            2010 - new album era
                                            2011 - AIWFCIY ft. JB
                                            2012 - Triumphant
                                            2013 - The Art of Letting Go
                                            2014 - new album era
                                            2015 - Infinity
                                            2016 - Infamous
                                            2017 - Lil' Snowman / I don't / the star
                                            2018 - new album era
                                            2019 - In the Mix / xmas album re-release with new live content
                                            2020 - The Rarities era / Xmas soundtrack III / Where I belong
                                            2021 - Somewhat Loved / WBT Extended Valentines <--- brilliant new edit.

                                            she's such a busy artist... not to mentioned that she toured the hell out of the 2010s, performing more concerts than in the 1990s and 2000s combined.
                                            My Chart

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                              This is correct. Literally.. in every single year...

                                              the 2010s:

                                              2010 - new album era
                                              2011 - AIWFCIY ft. JB/When Do The Bells Ring/ When Christmas Comes ft. John Legend
                                              2012 - Triumphant
                                              2013 - #Beautiful/The Art of Letting Go
                                              2014 - new album era
                                              2015 - Infinity/WYM/Cant Say No
                                              2016 - Infamous
                                              2017 - Lil' Snowman / I don't / the star
                                              2018 - new album era
                                              2019 - In the Mix / xmas album re-release with new live content
                                              2020 - The Rarities era / Xmas soundtrack III / Where I belong
                                              2021 - Somewhat Loved / WBT Extended Valentines <--- brilliant new edit.

                                              she's such a busy artist... not to mentioned that she toured the hell out of the 2010s, performing more concerts than in the 1990s and 2000s combined.
                                              Updated.
                                              Last edited by tee; Sun August 1, 2021, 02:19.

                                              Comment


                                              • 2013 would be more #Beautiful than TAOLG! And AI, even when it was kind of a train wreck due to the NM feud, we as lambs got the chance to see her weekly and shining.
                                                CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                                                FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE


                                                Comment





                                                • So lambs, we are almost entering the final Top20! In this Round we are deciding the fate of 7 songs leaving and 3 advancing to next phase! Play Here!

                                                  CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                                                  FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE


                                                  Comment


                                                  • This is from the Rolling Stone artists 500 which only tracks on-demand streams and sales, and people have the nerve to say Mariah isn’t relevant or that she is only a radio artist. This is a list of all the artists in the top 300 that debuted before 2000. Mariah, along with Britney spears are the only two solo female acts on this list. Mariah is the only female artist on the list to have debuted prior to 1991. (With the exception of Stevie Nicks as the lead singer of Fleetwood Mac) and it’s not even the holiday season. Mariah has achieved LONGEVITY. Not everybody has that.
                                                    1. (19) Eminem (1996)
                                                    2. (36) Lil Wayne (1999)
                                                    3. (42) The Beatles (1963)
                                                    4. (70) Fleetwood Mac (1968)
                                                    5. (72) Queen (1973)
                                                    6. (80) Kenney Chesney (1994)
                                                    7. (87) AC/DC (1975)
                                                    8. (96) George Straight (1981)
                                                    9. (106) 2Pac (1991)
                                                    10. (108) Usher (1994)
                                                    11. (110) Michael Jackson (1972)
                                                    12. (111) Eagles (1972)
                                                    13. (114) Metallica (1983)
                                                    14. (116) Jay Z (1996)
                                                    15. (118) Red Hot Chili Peppers (1984)
                                                    16. (124) The Rolling Stones (1964)
                                                    17. (128) Led Zeppelin (1969)
                                                    18. (131) Tom Petty (1976)
                                                    19. (134) Nirvana (1989)
                                                    20. (136) Elton John (1969)
                                                    21. (145) Tim McGraw (1993)
                                                    22. (152) The Notorious B.I.G (1994)
                                                    23. (156) Alan Jackson (1990)
                                                    24. (160) Britney Spears (1999)
                                                    25. (161) Pink Floyd (1967)
                                                    26. (162) Creedence Clearwater Revival (1968)
                                                    27. (168) Billy Joel (1971)
                                                    28. (186) Lynyrd Skynyrd (1973)
                                                    29. (188) Frank Sinatra (1947)
                                                    30. (190) Daddy Yankee (1995)
                                                    31. (200) Guns N’ Roses (1987)
                                                    32. (201) Journey (1975)
                                                    33. (202) Weezer (1994)
                                                    34. (207) Blink-182 (1994)
                                                    35. (210) Johnny Cash (1957)
                                                    36. (215) Sublime (1991)
                                                    37. (222) Keith Urban (1997)
                                                    38. (224) Mariah Carey (1990)
                                                    39. (234) Bob Marley & The Wailers (1965)
                                                    40. (238) Brooks & Dunn (1991)
                                                    41. (247) Slipknot (1999)
                                                    42. (250) Shakira (1998)
                                                    43. (251) Aerosmith (1973)
                                                    44. (253) Outkast (1994)
                                                    45. (256) Toby Keith (1993)
                                                    46. (263) Van Halen (1978)
                                                    47. (265) Foo Fighters (1995)
                                                    48. (266) Elvis Presley (1956)
                                                    49. (273) Dr. Dre (1993)
                                                    50. (276) The Beach Boys (1962)
                                                    51. (282) Black Eyes Peas (1998)
                                                    52. (297) Nickleback (1996)
                                                    53. (301) Van Morrison

                                                    She’s the along with Britney spears are the only solo female acts on this list tha
                                                    Last edited by Imopink1; Sun August 1, 2021, 04:33.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X