No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ I was also thinking that we might be getting a "remix" album/EP now. I'd be here for it.
    Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      Ever since Rihanna recorded one of her albums within days... I always wondered, whether or not Mariah could do that too. I mean... yes, Mariah produces and writes her own music... so that alone will take longer... but ... it would be interesting. (I hate vocal layers).
      Mariah does several takes of her songs as well, so nope.
      1 song maybe could take weeks to get as she wants to.

And how you can hate vocal layers when Mariah is the queen at that and spends so much time with that 'cause she loves it. Actually her vocal layers, harmonies, walls of sound, background vocals, the name you want to call it, are brilliant and even some of them are the backbone of her (greatest) song/s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
        Definetly Rihanna do that because she does not write her music though. And imo her albums are always very peaks&lows style... I cannot think of an entire Rihanna album that is good, she has many fillers imo. Mariah of course has peaks&lows, but in general her albums flow better.
        ANTI exists so...

Comment

• This may be one reason why MC launched the Mariah Cookies brand...though the article does not specifically state anything directly related to whether she's been successful thus far.

Delivery-only restaurant brands see pandemic-fueled growth

Delivery-only brands __ cooked in another brand's kitchen and often delivered by third parties like Uber Eats __ were proliferating even before the pandemic. They’re an inexpensive way for restaurants to try a new concept or fill a need in the community; a burger place might try making tacos under a different name, for example.

But over the last year, delivery-only brands have seen explosive growth as the pandemic made delivery a more popular option. Big restaurant chains are now joining the fray, hoping to win new customers as traffic in their dining rooms dwindles.

On Wednesday, Applebee’s is launching Cosmic Wings, a delivery-only brand that specializes in chicken wings and Cheetos-flavored dipping sauce. Uber Eats will deliver the brand from 1,300 Applebee’s kitchens.

Full article:https://www.clickondetroit.com/busin...fueled-growth/
          I hear from some lambs that the cookies are still hard to find, which from my very limited observations seem to be the most common complaint. But, I know Mariah's Cookies said they will expand throughout this year.
          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
            Absolutely incredible.
            I can’t tell you how happy I am about this after thinking her belting days were over when Caution was released. Instead it actually makes me appreciate the restraint on Caution even more now I know it was intentional.
            I need this musicianship on her next album! I hope this was a taster to get people talking.
            Happy u liked it bae!

She's giving us mutiple F5s and G5s now like, yasss! SANG!

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

I would be all in for a whole resung thing of her numbers 1
              Imagine TMB with a jazzy arrangement OMG. Like first the SSFT Intro for impact, and then turn into sexy jazz

Comment

• Ok, this got me very excited!

It's so sool that she feels inspired, I think releasing the book really made a click on her and that "FREER" will be reflected on her music - I hope!

But she's just in a great place rn I'm so happy.

Also, she's def teasing something

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                I wonder if she's rethinking other classics in a similar way? Even if not for a full album, for performances or reimaginations. I think MC is at her best when she's just riffing and going off the cuff a bit.

Anyways, this tweet is a real tease!

Comment

• Everything Fades Away would work amazingly well in this jazzy extended vein, I mean it already has a breakdown and loads of vocal layers for her to work with.
                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                  Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• I'd love an EP with 5 re-sung tracks like this, in this vein!

Take your signature songs and make them jazzy with a regular mix + an extended version (as she did w/ WBT).

That would be BLISS.

Comment

• We Belong Together (Mimi's Late Night Valentine's Mix) [Extended] is #13 on US iTunes. I hope it cracks the Top 10!

Comment

• Loving the polyphonic quality, so sexy.

Mariah Carey - “We Belong Together Extended Valentines Mix” VOCAL SHOWCASE! (A2-G5-A6)

4 full octaves!
                        LOL I like them! They're funny!

Comment

• We Belong Together (Mimi's Late Night Valentine's Mix) [Extended] is now #12 on US iTunes.

Great to see Mimi on the Top 15 of US iTunes with a non-Xmas song - and without an album attached to it either

Comment

• TOP 10!!!

We Belong Together (Mimi's Late Night Valentine's Mix) [Extended] is now #10 on US iTunes.

Comment

• I know it's just an extra song and won't chart or anything, but we need it added to PLAYLISTS!!

Do you hear me, Spotify??

Comment

• Comment

• All the praise she's receiving tho! deserved! <3

Comment

• Ok, but this is true.

Comment

• Haha, loving the interactions she had with all these hotties.

Comment

• After performing a late-night jam session version of her 2005 The Emancipation of Mimi classic "We Belong Together" on Live With Kelly and Ryan last week, Mariah Carey released the seven-minute "Late Night" mix of the song early Wednesday morning (Feb. 17). "Moments with the band 7 minutes late night mix of We Belong Together," the singer tweeted with the added tease, "More to come. Feeling inspired!"

Carey's revisitation of her Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 smash "Together" was produced and arranged by the singer, who also provided all the background vocals on the version that features an extended scatting run near the end over jazzy guitars.

As promised, the Lambily can now luxuriate in the super-chill "We Belong Together (Mimi's Late Night Valentine's Mix)," which brings the quiet storm vibes and, of course, a couple of signature whistle notes over jazzy piano. "We Belong Together" earned four Grammy nominations in 2006, including record and song of the year, and eventually won for best R&B song and best female R&B vocal performance.

"Now dealing with the pandemic and dealing with everything that we're all dealing with, 'We Belong Together' is really even more of a message than it was when we first wrote this song, because we do belong together, meaning all of us," Carey told Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest about what new meaning the song has taken on during the pandemic. "So hopefully a little later, as things are getting in terms of the pandemic, we'll all be together again."

Comment

• The song keeps rising on iTunes!

We Belong Together (Mimi's Late Night Valentine's Mix) [Extended]
                                          US iTunes #8

Comment

• It should be lamb's playlist must-have now.
                                            A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• #7 itunes

Comment

• The original version of We Belong Together plus the standard length Valentines mix are also charting, but no surprise it is the extended mix that most are gravitating to.
                                                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• This amazing WBT-remix moment is reigniting my wish to see her re-record and re-release all her #1's. The voice is real. Free Mariah is realer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                                    The song keeps rising on iTunes!

We Belong Together (Mimi's Late Night Valentine's Mix) [Extended]
                                                    US iTunes #8
                                                    I truly didn’t expect to go this high, tbh I thought it wouldn’t even chart the top100 or anything

Comment

Working...
                                                    X