Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

What annoys me... is that everything little thing Madonna (or her kids do) is big headline gosspig news here while nothing that Mariah (or her kids do) is. When that MINI Mariah Monroe add came out, I thought I would read about it in my gossip sites... but no German publication touched on the subject matter...

But... Mariah made huge and gigantic headlines here about her family feuds, Morgan Carey, Alison Carey and everything that is or was bad and presents her in a negative light. That's really bothering me nowadays... bc it makes me feel like, I am the only person in Germany (the 3rd/4th largest music industry on this planet) who likes her and or knows that she has not died in 2001*

*I've already reported on how much the German press wanted her to commit suicide in 2001.

Everything she does here is spun into a hate-speech. If I were a person from the GP who didn't know anything about her... I'd think that she is the worst human being that has ever lived as well - especially for giving Monroe fetal alcohol poisoning or sth, thence her need to wear glasses. Or how she put down a dog during an interview once in GER bc the dog was not sitting still on her lap.

It's always the same here. It IS different in other parts of the world in which her music and legacy is more respected and revered even. I don't understand the hostility... bc between 1994-2000 Mariah-mania was a real thing in my country and people were fainting here and running after her limousine and were crazy about her.
    Still in the last 5 years she made concert tour stops in 4 different German cities (Cologne, Munich, Hamburg and Berlin) so there's still a part of Germany that loves some Mimi <3
    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• This is from the Rolling Stone artists 500 which only tracks on-demand streams and sales, and people have the nerve to say Mariah isn’t relevant or that she is only a radio artist. This is a list of all the artists in the top 300 that debuted before 2000. Mariah, along with Britney spears are the only two solo female acts on this list. Mariah is the only female artist on the list to have debuted prior to 1991. (With the exception of Stevie Nicks as the lead singer of Fleetwood Mac) and it’s not even the holiday season. Mariah has achieved LONGEVITY. Not everybody has that.
      1. (19) Eminem (1996)
      2. (36) Lil Wayne (1999)
      3. (42) The Beatles (1963)
      4. (70) Fleetwood Mac (1968)
      5. (72) Queen (1973)
      6. (80) Kenney Chesney (1994)
      7. (87) AC/DC (1975)
      8. (96) George Straight (1981)
      9. (106) 2Pac (1991)
      10. (108) Usher (1994)
      11. (110) Michael Jackson (1972)
      12. (111) Eagles (1972)
      13. (114) Metallica (1983)
      14. (116) Jay Z (1996)
      15. (118) Red Hot Chili Peppers (1984)
      16. (124) The Rolling Stones (1964)
      17. (128) Led Zeppelin (1969)
      18. (131) Tom Petty (1976)
      19. (134) Nirvana (1989)
      20. (136) Elton John (1969)
      21. (145) Tim McGraw (1993)
      22. (152) The Notorious B.I.G (1994)
      23. (156) Alan Jackson (1990)
      24. (160) Britney Spears (1999)
      25. (161) Pink Floyd (1967)
      26. (162) Creedence Clearwater Revival (1968)
      27. (168) Billy Joel (1971)
      28. (186) Lynyrd Skynyrd (1973)
      29. (188) Frank Sinatra (1947)
      30. (190) Daddy Yankee (1995)
      31. (200) Guns N’ Roses (1987)
      32. (201) Journey (1975)
      33. (202) Weezer (1994)
      34. (207) Blink-182 (1994)
      35. (210) Johnny Cash (1957)
      36. (215) Sublime (1991)
      37. (222) Keith Urban (1997)
      38. (224) Mariah Carey (1990)
      39. (234) Bob Marley & The Wailers (1965)
      40. (238) Brooks & Dunn (1991)
      41. (247) Slipknot (1999)
      42. (250) Shakira (1998)
      43. (251) Aerosmith (1973)
      44. (253) Outkast (1994)
      45. (256) Toby Keith (1993)
      46. (263) Van Halen (1978)
      47. (265) Foo Fighters (1995)
      48. (266) Elvis Presley (1956)
      49. (273) Dr. Dre (1993)
      50. (276) The Beach Boys (1962)
      51. (282) Black Eyes Peas (1998)
      52. (297) Nickleback (1996)
      53. (301) Van Morrison

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
        Today is the 9th anniversary of Triumphant

Still a favorite of mine. Especially the dance remixes.
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

During TEOM it was my feeling that the situation got a little bit better... but it was all fake and second-hand embarrassment, thence she being spit on on national TV and being ridiculed by a comedien who called her fat and plastic and disgustingly operated to her face. (the channel had to apologize to her afterwards - and that they did)... but it was so hostile and stupid that it actually scared me a little bit bc it showed me that the Germany people have no respect for her life... she as a person, a human being.

And to put a nail in her coffin... she dared to perform with sunglasses on and playback on German Idol (DSDS) and received the biggest backlash I've ever witnessed coming from that show. The GP was not having none of it... OK... poor career choice... maybe... but they acted so poorly before that... that they cannot use that as any justification of wishing her any kind of deadly disease.
          Germany sounds scary.

Tabloid trash is the same the world over, but I cannot believe some of the things that happened there on televised interviews. They were horrible.
          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post

Still in the last 5 years she made concert tour stops in 4 different German cities (Cologne, Munich, Hamburg and Berlin) so there's still a part of Germany that loves some Mimi <3
            yet she never toured in Brazil where is probably one of the places she's most loved. she didn't even care

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

yet she never toured in Brazil where is probably one of the places she's most loved. she didn't even care
              That's why it's important for her to work with the right team. She needs people who can get tour promoters and who can bring the logistics. The whole mess about the South American leg of SSFT wouldn't ever happen if she had a competent team back then. I mean, she arrived like 2 hours late for the Louxemburg concert because they didn't know about the time difference. It's evident when we see artists with much smaller fanbases or impact tour Latin America or whatever region without much issue. So why Mariah can't? She can obviously fill theaters and even arenas in many countries. Building a touring reputation is very important for her at this stage of her career. And they have to milk the fact that she is a GLOBAL superstar. Get their act together and not letting certain things happen again, like the cancelled Australian concerts of 2018.
              http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post

That's why it's important for her to work with the right team. She needs people who can get tour promoters and who can bring the logistics. The whole mess about the South American leg of SSFT wouldn't ever happen if she had a competent team back then. I mean, she arrived like 2 hours late for the Louxemburg concert because they didn't know about the time difference. It's evident when we see artists with much smaller fanbases or impact tour Latin America or whatever region without much issue. So why Mariah can't? She can obviously fill theaters and even arenas in many countries. Building a touring reputation is very important for her at this stage of her career. And they have to milk the fact that she is a GLOBAL superstar. Get their act together and not letting certain things happen again, like the cancelled Australian concerts of 2018.
                Sometimes it feels like she’s managed like a amateur and poor act not like one of the best selling females EVER. Brazilian fans were so devastated and she didn’t even care. She promised she’d be back and it’s been years and she completely forgot brazil exists. There’s been lambs waiting for almost 30 years to see her in Brazil and when the time was about to come then everything went to shh. It’s sad how she seems not to care for to a few places that she’s still appreciated yet she still had the time to cared for Germany where’s she’s one of the most hated celebrities there

Comment

• Originally posted by WhenUWalkBy View Post
                  I think it's very likely that the group she mentioned is Pentatonix. They've basically become Christmas icons just like Mariah.

I mean, they've released 5 Christmas albums and 3 TV specials, covered most modern and traditional holiday hits but for some reason never touched AIWFCIY. They've already done Where Are You Christmas and When You Believe, have collaborated with JHud and Kelly Clarkson, even released a song with Whitney in 2019. Doing AIWFCIY in collaboration with Mariah makes perfect sense. Although I'd love if she performed a gospel song with them, she's the queen of harmonies and I'm sure she loves their renditions of Amazing Grace and Hallelujah.
                  Pentatinix is a Christmas icon?
                  Really? As an Asian living in an Asian country... I've never heard of their songs before.
                  Probably popular in US or Canada...?
                  Last edited by Anderson; Wed August 4, 2021, 05:58.

Comment

• THEY TOLD ME GETEM I GOTEM

hit'em hit'em hit'em

3:26 has to be the worst sound ever recorded on Mariah's cataloge after Charmbracelet belts and whispers

Comment

• Ever since Mariah stepped one feet into hip-hop she automatically became less respected than her peers. She still carries that curse, even if was an excellent career move. Thats when her "she is going crazy" phantom started (something the Sony machine helped fuel by the end of the 90s).

Lets not forget that Butterfly and Rainbow could have fared much better if they had had full label support. The minute Mariah left Sony Tommy, nothing was the same for her commercially. The Glitter sabotage was the last chain of a series of microviolences that started much sooner than we think. Not for nothing Mariah had to go to Tokyo in 1998.
                      Last edited by GlenMarley; Wed August 4, 2021, 05:26.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

Pentatinix is a Christmas icon?
                        Really? As an Asian living in an Asian country... I've never heard of their songs before.
                        Probably popular in US or Canada...?
                        Not as big of an icon as Mariah for sure, but still one of the few names that are mainly known around the holiday season. Their second Christmas album went #1, its lead single Hallelujah charted in several countries and still gets radio play, has over 600 million views. Most Christmas playlists include at least a few of their songs so you've probably heard when shopping etc.
                        I'm sure Mariah knows and loves them, considering they're all about harmonies and how many Christian songs they've done. They've had their own specials and appeared on others', so guest appearance in Mariah's makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Sometimes it feels like she’s managed like a amateur and poor act not like one of the best selling females EVER. Brazilian fans were so devastated and she didn’t even care. She promised she’d be back and it’s been years and she completely forgot brazil exists. There’s been lambs waiting for almost 30 years to see her in Brazil and when the time was about to come then everything went to shh. It’s sad how she seems not to care for to a few places that she’s still appreciated yet she still had the time to cared for Germany where’s she’s one of the most hated celebrities there

This is way too simplistic and doesn't consider all the factors that go into touring including securing the right promoter and venues. More often than not, that determines where artists go on and why certain countries/arenas etc get tours and others do not.

Also, Mariah has been to Brasil before but there really are countries where she has never ever performed.

To say she completely forgot Brasil exists is hyperbolic.
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• https://www.tiktok.com/@pentatonix/v...from_webapp=v1

Pentatonix was already shooting new Christmas content a week ago. They've never released their Christmas songs earlier than late October, why would they be shooting in July? Could definitely be for Mariah's special.

Comment

• The Lox played Honey remix during their Verzuz set last night

Comment

• Originally posted by WhenUWalkBy View Post
                                https://www.tiktok.com/@pentatonix/v...from_webapp=v1

Pentatonix was already shooting new Christmas content a week ago. They've never released their Christmas songs earlier than late October, why would they be shooting in July? Could definitely be for Mariah's special.
                                And he captioned “festive”. I was looking at their TikTok page and they seem really cool and charismatic. I think now I’d be excited for a collab

Comment

• Aw hell NAW! NOT Pentatonix!!! Unless Queen is looking for an exclusively Karen hit, miss me with that $hit!

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
                                    Ever since Mariah stepped one feet into hip-hop she automatically became less respected than her peers. She still carries that curse, even if was an excellent career move..

Definitely disagree with this. I think people forget after Emotions she wasn’t respected much at all, she was seen as a brainless pop puppet. Yes her sales may have started to decline but she definitely became more interesting and intriguing and people took her craft more seriously. I couldn’t imagine her career without the likes of Butterfly or her urban remixes never mind TEOM.

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post

Definitely disagree with this. I think people forget after Emotions she wasn’t respected much at all, she was seen as a brainless pop puppet. Yes her sales may have started to decline but she definitely became more interesting and intriguing and people took her craft more seriously. I couldn’t imagine her career without the likes of Butterfly or her urban remixes never mind TEOM.

Agree. Don't think it has anything to do with Hip hop either. Mary J Blige is highly respected in the industry and she is all R&B/ Hip Hop genre.
                                      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Agree. Don't think it has anything to do with Hip hop either. Mary J Blige is highly respected in the industry and she is all R&B/ Hip Hop genre.
                                        Lauryn Hill with one album even (back then at least).

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post

Lauryn Hill with one album even (back then at least).
                                          Yeah I mean sometimes these takes lambs come out with make no sense.. I think it is widely accepted that Mariah started to become more respected WHEN she moved toward hip/hop and R&B and now the claim is being made that that is the reason why she lost respect. No.

Comment

• Hip Hop, race and gender has a lot to do with how she is perceived, IMO.

The very fact that people think she "moved toward" urban music says it all.

Comment

• Please. She clearly did move towards urban music over time. There is nothing negative about saying that. It started with a few infleunces, then became more prominent until eventually it became the dominant factor in her music. She did not start off releasing as an urban act. So it is not people "thinking it". It is literally how her career and musical output progressed. I think that is pretty obvious.

Comment

• See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate

Comment

• I do think that the reason behind the disrespect she gets started after the landslide shift that happened in her image...not because of the music type...it could have played a roll of course but not as hard impacting like her image...
                                                  Turning from the sweet girl with the big voice into her butterfly image was a lot to take in at that time...she wasn't a Disney Princess that changing your image after you get older is acceptable...she was an adult with a mature image and simple/classic look at the start of her career mixed with innocence and an angelic fairy tale... So people felt they were fooled, and It was the beginning of her voice getting damaged...which didn't help either...so many started to question her authenticity...and people just don't like such drastic changes...as many felt they were lied to so they simply left...or just started to disrespect her...

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                                    Please. She clearly did move towards urban music over time. There is nothing negative about saying that. It started with a few infleunces, then became more prominent until eventually it became the dominant factor in her music. She did not start off releasing as an urban act. So it is not people "thinking it". It is literally how her career and musical output progressed. I think that is pretty obvious.
                                                    The way I see it is she was always a fan of hip-hop, the influences were always there, and when it was becoming the most popular genre in the U.S., she seized on the moment, and it became more dominant in her music! By 1997, in the United States, hip-hop was pop

Comment

Working...
                                                    X