Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
      Yaaasssss! Hopefully it’s the new remix!

https://twitter.com/freeguymovie/sta...350055936?s=21
      Doesnt seem so. The playlist they released uses the Daydream album version and the press release doesnt mention a new rendition.
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
        Yaaasssss! Hopefully it’s the new remix!

I don’t think it is. If it was probably would have something in ( ) like 2021 version or free guy remix or whatever

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I don't find butterfly much distint from daydream. it just sounds darker and heavier beats. but there's my all, butterfly, fourth of july, whenever you call, outside, close my eyes.. it's sounds that it's very similiar to her prior works
          That's what I told them and I even recorded the ballads for one of my friends. But Honey gave him the impression it was all R&B. Also, he missed the uptempo songs she used to do like Now That I Know, Emotions, Someday... It wasn't enough for some that she was still doing the ballads.
          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

ET got so many goodies hidden
            Who's ET?
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Who's ET?
              Entertainment Tonight
              My Chart

Comment

• Max Martin's catalogue is insane, 24 #1s spanning almost 30 years. All the biggest pop artists Backstreet Boys to Britney, Pink to Katy Perry, Taylor to Ariana, Justin to The Weekend.

I wished Mariah did at least a pop song with him. I guess he only collabs with the newest or hottest artists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoiI3jGMC9k

Comment

• I think Mariah and Max Martins best time would have been during Rainbow. Her voice was still lighting hot and could you imagine that pop banger!!!

Comment

• I think the BTS Christmas collaboration will be her 20th #1. I just have a feeling. Apple wont let us down!

I would also also love to see Kelly Clarkson on the special.

Comment

• ^ Yes for a Kelly collabo!!!!!!!! maybe another trio?? Mariah x Kelly x Jojo ????

For the male collabo a couple of (great) names had been suggested, but are u guys familiar with Parson James? what do u think? FYI he just released a song with Jojo and it's good
                      Last edited by Tomer_MC; Thu August 5, 2021, 22:09.
                      #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                        I think Mariah and Max Martins best time would have been during Rainbow. Her voice was still lighting hot and could you imagine that pop banger!!!
                        Would've been during the Britney era, he may have been exclusive, studios must pay him the big bucks to continue producing hits for their biggest artists.

Comment

• So happy that Fantasy is getting it's time to shine again. I hope they have something planned with her and the song.....perhaps a new movie music video (wishful thinking). Wasn't there some clips of newly recorded vocals.....is she waiting until tomorrow or the 13th to release it?

I hope it gets an Obsessed level resurgence and interest, the song deserves it so much.

Let's not forget, it is the first song in history to debut at #1 by a female, Mariah's (equal) longest chart topper to that point and signalled a major shift in her sound form pop/AC to pop/rnb. The image was on point, the vocals were insane, the "sho do do do do do" is iconic she used it effectively that era with ABMB as well, very cohesive era sonically.

It is to this day IMO, her best lead single. Just the perfect mix of fun, pop, banger. The original NOT the Remix is still my favourite version.

Last edited by skylynx; Thu August 5, 2021, 22:16.

Comment

• I actually like idea of a Max Martin collaboration now better than in the last 20 yrs, he’s much more versatile and let’s other artists and songwriters take the lead like The Weeknd and Taylor

He also does more disco and R&B than during his “prime” eras

Comment

• Sky and and Tee, you must be mates, always showing up at the same time

Comment

• You seem to show up at the same time as well, what does that mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                  So happy that Fantasy is getting it's time to shine again. I hope they have something planned with her and the song.....perhaps a new movie music video (wishful thinking). Wasn't there some clips of newly recorded vocals.....is she waiting until tomorrow or the 13th to release it?

I hope it gets an Obsessed level resurgence and interest, the song deserves it so much.

Let's not forget, it is the first song in history to debut at #1 by a female, Mariah's (equal) longest chart topper to that point and signalled a major shift in her sound form pop/AC to pop/rnb. The image was on point, the vocals were insane, the "sho do do do do do" is iconic she used it effectively that era with ABMB as well, very cohesive era sonically.

It is to this day IMO, her best lead single. Just the perfect mix of fun, pop, banger. The original NOT the Remix is still my favourite version.

Same here. I like the original as well but not the remix.

Comment

• lol
                                    Last edited by Anderson; Fri August 6, 2021, 01:59.

Comment

• WTH LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Juancito75 View Post

I think it happened like that everywhere. Her sales split in half, Butterfly, despite being one of her best album was a commercial disappointment People is still square minded and for a lot of persons who liked her was like she let them down, she had this nice, innocent, almost virginal image and not everybody understood why she changed. "She doesn't need to look that sexy because she has talent, let that to Mad..." was the most usual complain from my friends, so after the Glitter situation, it was like an embarrassment to be a Mariah fan. Then she shut down everyone with TEOM, and she's a living legend now. She traded some commercial success for growing as an artist and doing the music she really loves, so respect to her.
                                        Calling Butterfly a commercial disappointment after selling well over 10 million copies worldwide(some argue 15 million) and being certified 5 times platinum in the United States, is like me calling the color red black. It just doesnt make any sense at all. We can all acknowledge it didnt sell like Daydream but commercial disappointment....I think not.
                                        Last edited by taustin13; Fri August 6, 2021, 03:58.
                                        I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!

Comment

I don’t think it is. If it was probably would have something in ( ) like 2021 version or free guy remix or whatever
                                          Nonetheless, I'm extremely happy for Fantasy getting exposure in the new generation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

lol
                                            LMFAO!!! Too Funny

Comment

• I was thinking and Mariah could release SUD as “Mariah Carey & Chick” as main artists like Bruno Mars and Anderson Paak are targeted as main artists along with their duo artist name silk sonic, so the band and the individual artist can get their credit

Comment

• That would be a nice idea.

Comment

• Somewhat Loved dropped to #14 as Silk Sonic and Snoh Aalegra took the lead. But, good news is that it has now topped 900 spins which it was taking a long time to do. With other songs dropping, the song will likely rebound. Im just hoping it can reach the top 10.
                                                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Mariah x Ariana

One last bye

Comment

Working...
                                                    X