Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    Somewhat Loved dropped to #14 as Silk Sonic and Snoh Aalegra took the lead. But, good news is that it has now topped 900 spins which it was taking a long time to do. With other songs dropping, the song will likely rebound. Im just hoping it can reach the top 10.
    I keep thinking of what @accessmimi kept saying, that this radio format is a slow burner and that it would take a while, and lambs aren’t patient enough to keep requesting in the long haul. I’m noticing myself slipping now, too!

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
      I was thinking and Mariah could release SUD as “Mariah Carey & Chick” as main artists like Bruno Mars and Anderson Paak are targeted as main artists along with their duo artist name silk sonic, so the band and the individual artist can get their credit
      I second that... just release SUD please Mariah its summer in US she could use the rock appeal that Olivia is doing right now

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post

I keep thinking of what @accessmimi kept saying, that this radio format is a slow burner and that it would take a while, and lambs aren’t patient enough to keep requesting in the long haul. I’m noticing myself slipping now, too!
        It is a very slow burner and thats a good thing when it comes to album campaigns. If only there were more stations on the format.

There were studies years ago that the AC formats are trying to skew younger and so artists like Mariah who got a blend of generations as their core base benefit well.

It picked up two additional adds this week so I do think the song will eventually hit the top 10 on the format.

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

It picked up two additional adds this week so I do think the song will eventually hit the top 10 on the format.
          As we say in Spanish, Dios the oiga! (May God hear you, lol)

Comment

• Her face was priceless when they said there would be champagne lol

Comment

• I really hate that a lot of fan pages on Instagram edit old pictures of MC and post them as if they’re the actual picture. I regularly see photos from the daydream era etc where they’ve made her hair bigger and her skin smoother. It’s getting so frequent that it’s rewriting history. Irks me

Comment

• Kanye’s new album is amazing, like as good as his first three, still no release, played twice, updating constantly

Mariah call him! Not a single woman on the album but maybe 35 features

Get a track and send that man some BelteRiah vocals today, lawd, get on that track with Weeknd and Lil Baby or Jay Z, first and last snippets, dem tracks will be massive on streaming

https://twitter.com/davetechz/status...187019776?s=21
                https://twitter.com/konvictedbreezy/...624874499?s=21
                https://twitter.com/dukada_amanda/st...890371075?s=21
                Last edited by allygdale; Fri August 6, 2021, 20:29.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                  Kanye’s new album is amazing, like as good as his first three, still no release, played twice, updating constantly

Mariah call him! Not a single woman on the album but maybe 35 features

Get a track and send that man some BelteRiah vocals today, lawd, get on that track with Weeknd and Lil Baby or Jay Z, first and last snippets

https://twitter.com/konvictedbreezy/...624874499?s=21
                  https://twitter.com/dukada_amanda/st...890371075?s=21
                  Listen to the new Nas album then… wow! I’d love it if she was featured on that

Comment

• Originally posted by taustin13 View Post

Calling Butterfly a commercial disappointment after selling well over 10 million copies worldwide(some argue 15 million) and being certified 5 times platinum in the United States, is like me calling the color red black. It just doesnt make any sense at all. We can all acknowledge it didnt sell like Daydream but commercial disappointment....I think not.
                    Butterfly sold around 10 million copies worldwide - but not much more. I would never call it a commercial disappointment either because 10 million copies selling albums were a HUGE deal in the 1990s... 20 million selling albums like Music Box and Dadyream were gigantic uber-smashes.

The difference between Butterfly and her gigantic blockbuster sellers ... is that Europe really did let it down and it is also the continent that did not at all support the change in image. Imagine going from 8m copies sold of Music Box to merely 4 million copies sold (still gigantic for Europe) of Daydream... to around 1,6 million with Butterfly.

Mariah's albums in the top 3 EU Markets:

1990 - Mariah Carey
                    380,000 - UK
                    225,000 - GER
                    100,000 - FRA

1991 - Emotions
                    400,000 - UK
                    150,000 - GER
                    110,000 - FRA

1993 - Music Box
                    1,7 million - UK
                    1,4 million - GER
                    1,3 million - FRA

1994 - Xmas 1
                    350,000 - UK
                    350,000 - GER
                    70,000 - FRA

1995 - Daydream
                    850,000 - UK
                    600,000 - GER
                    700,000 - FRA

1997 - Butterfly
                    300,000 - UK
                    225,000 - GER
                    250,000 - FRA

1999 - Rainbow
                    230,000 - UK
                    350,000 - GER
                    500,000 - FRA

2001 - Glitter
                    55,000 - UK
                    50,000 - GER
                    110,000 - FRA

2002 - Charmbracelet
                    130,000 - UK
                    60,000 - GER
                    260,000 - FRA

2005 - TEOM
                    660,000 - UK
                    120,000 - GER
                    185,000 - FRA

2008 - E=MC²
                    150,000 - UK
                    40,000 - GER
                    55,000 - FRA

2009 - Memoirs
                    95,000 - UK
                    10,000 - GER
                    30,000 - FRA

2010 - Xmas 2
                    25,000 - UK
                    15,000 - GER
                    10,000 - FRA

2014 - Elusive
                    15,000 - UK
                    10,000 - GER
                    8,000 - FRA

2018 - Caution
                    6,000 - UK
                    4,000 - GER
                    4,000 - FRA

I think she was just transitioning out of her prime during Butterfly... with this fluke French spike with Rainbow, Glitter and Charmy. What I will never understand is that beginning with CB her albums were beginnig to only sell well 1 only one of the major 3 music industries.
                    My Chart

Comment

• Since Mariah’s next album might be in the more “organic” vein, a good collab would be Lizzo

And omg, Lizzo for Xmas could work too

Her next album is out this fall

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                        Since Mariah’s next album might be in the more “organic” vein, a good collab would be Lizzo

And omg, Lizzo for Xmas could work too

Her next album is out this fall
                        Nah. IF... for Xmas music... the king and queen of Xmas should finally collabo on a new and original xmas songs, Bublé and MIMI together... oh boy... the soccer moms wouldn't even know what hit em.

For regular music... I'm still eyeing for Janet and or Shania and or Stevie and or Alicia Keys and or Kelly Rowland / Clarkson

And when female rappers are concerned... I'm always and forever be team Da Brat - the most loyal and sincere female girlfriend she's ever had.
                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

Her face was priceless when they said there would be champagne lol
                          I love how she's dressed there. Her hairstyle is pow too. A wholesome, elegant Queen!

Anyway

Buble is just YUCK, Christmas or not.

No to Janet, Alicia, Stevie and Shania.

I've always had a soft spot for Da Brat but ever since I heard on her podcast how problematic and vile she is (she said some disgustingly racist, homophobic, sexist shit, not to mention her being an MJ + Cosby apologist) it turned me off her big time and it's becoming more and more difficult for me as I get older to separate the person from the artist.

I don't even know who I'd love her to duet with tbh..... The Weeknd and Bruno would be great but something deep down tells me a collabo with either/both of them will remain a pipe dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

Her face was priceless when they said there would be champagne lol
                            She seemed very energetic there - she still seemed nervous though, but she was having a good time.

Her hair looks so good at that length!
                            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Our biggest R&B station in LA literally plays Save the Day every day. I listen to that and NPR everyday on my drive home, and it’s actually impressive and sounds fantastic on the radio. They always introduce it as “here’s Mariah Carey with Ms. Lauryn Hill, it’s Save the Day…”

it sounds really fresh, so if going down the urban adult contemporary radio path is the strategy (like with Somewhat Love), she may get herself a low key sleeper hit, even if it’s a year after it’s release

Comment

• I wish we could have heard a version of AYNAF produced by Jim Steinman. The current production is fantastic, but I really want to hear an over the top dramatic version with thunderbolts and lightning.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
                                  Our biggest R&B station in LA literally plays Save the Day every day. I listen to that and NPR everyday on my drive home, and it’s actually impressive and sounds fantastic on the radio. They always introduce it as “here’s Mariah Carey with Ms. Lauryn Hill, it’s Save the Day…”

it sounds really fresh, so if going down the urban adult contemporary radio path is the strategy (like with Somewhat Love), she may get herself a low key sleeper hit, even if it’s a year after it’s release
                                  I wouldn't mind if she releases UAC-esque music for radio, but those types of songs don't usually appeal as much to me

She should though, but just give us a banger or remix on the side.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                                    I wish we could have heard a version of AYNAF produced by Jim Steinman. The current production is fantastic, but I really want to hear an over the top dramatic version with thunderbolts and lightning.
                                    Omg I was listening to some of Jim Steinman's work a few days ago and having I'd do anything for love on loop just my amazement on how he was very theatrical but very melodic writen songs and starting to wonder if somehow he ever approached MC to work together. I mean that would be electric if they ever try to collab their talent. Can u imagine?

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                      I really hate that a lot of fan pages on Instagram edit old pictures of MC and post them as if they’re the actual picture. I regularly see photos from the daydream era etc where they’ve made her hair bigger and her skin smoother. It’s getting so frequent that it’s rewriting history. Irks me
                                      Couldn’t agree with you more!! I was going to comment here saying the same thing the other day. It’s getting more and more frequent.
                                      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Somewhat Loved jumped back to #12 on R&B radio. The good news is the spins are still increasing.

Comment

• Never seen this before:
                                          https://www.instagram.com/reel/CSM9m...dium=copy_link

Comment

• Wel,, we've reach Season Finale of the Mimi Survivor. 11 songs left, and it's a dramatic moment. You are invited to join these last couple of rounds until we crown the winner! You can VOTE HERE and you'll be tagged in further rounds until we find our #1.

CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                                            FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• THE original pop girl!

I actually like this look on her, cute, edgy, playful yet still girl next door.

This song still kicks hard today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post

Wel,, we've reach Season Finale of the Mimi Survivor. 11 songs left, and it's a dramatic moment. You are invited to join these last couple of rounds until we crown the winner! You can VOTE HERE and you'll be tagged in further rounds until we find our #1.
                                                Getting excited now!
                                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
                                                  Our biggest R&B station in LA literally plays Save the Day every day. I listen to that and NPR everyday on my drive home, and it’s actually impressive and sounds fantastic on the radio. They always introduce it as “here’s Mariah Carey with Ms. Lauryn Hill, it’s Save the Day…”

I love it that The Wave 97.1 in LA plays her and supports her. I hear the song many times while driving.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                                    THE original pop girl!

I actually like this look on her, cute, edgy, playful yet still girl next door.

This song still kicks hard today.

It must’ve been a shock to see the change from this image to the sexy femme fatale tasting honey in a very short time

Comment

Working...
                                                    X