Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Clown10 View Post

    I love it that The Wave 97.1 in LA plays her and supports her. I hear the song many times while driving.
    You’re in LA! Beyond awesome! Doesn’t it sound so great on that station? It fits effortlessly with all the R&B classics. And omg, we’ve gotta convince MC to record a special jingle for “94.7… the *whistle* Waaaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvve…”

    Comment


    • I can’t believe in 4 years the emancipation will be 20 years old
      Me. I am Itsawrap.

      Comment


      • Edit

        Comment


        • Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
          I can’t believe in 4 years the emancipation will be 20 years old
          When all is said and done Mariah will probably have 5-6 diamond albums:

          Debut
          Music
          Xmas
          Day
          TEOM
          (#1's?)
          My Chart

          Comment


          • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

            When all is said and done Mariah will probably have 5-6 diamond albums:

            Debut
            Music
            Xmas
            Day
            TEOM
            (#1's?)
            You forgot MC16

            Comment


            • Originally posted by tee View Post

              You forgot MC16
              MC16 will unfortunately debut with 8,300 copies sold in week 1 in the US (16,273 copies with streaming) and exit the chart after week 1.

              my sales projections sps:

              week 1 - 16,273
              week 2 - 3,219
              week 3 - 1,275
              week 4 - 853
              week 5 - 604
              week 6 - 371
              week 7 - 353
              week 8 - 277
              week 9 - 156
              week 10 - 128 (23,509)

              Since, it will only also chart in 3-4 other international countries... I'll say that it will probably not generate more than $48,000 in revenue.
              My Chart

              Comment


              • If you are correct then she should not even bother with a full album and album campaign. The fact that she is making a new album means she must believe it can sell at least 100,000 globally.

                If she has a WBT massive song of the decade on the album it could go diamond over time.

                ...Maybe mc16 should be her swan song in terms of albums.

                Comment


                • MC16 will debut with around 35 - 40k first week in the US, Mariah still has a fanbase.
                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                  Pronouns: He / Him

                  Comment




                  • 0:30 What's that song? That's mimi

                    My listening is right??
                    Mariah Carey x BTS
                    #20th No.1

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                      MC16 will debut with around 35 - 40k first week in the US, Mariah still has a fanbase.
                      I'd say 16k USA and altogether worldwide incl the USA 20k.
                      My Chart

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                        I'd say 16k USA and altogether worldwide incl the USA 20k.
                        stevyy please don't tell us about your bank balance... lol
                        Mariah would sell more than 30k in the US in the first week.
                        Mariah Carey x BTS
                        #20th No.1

                        Comment


                        • If her album sells 100k in the usa and 200k globally including the usa it will be a major hit

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by tee View Post
                            If her album sells 100k in the usa and 200k globally including the usa it will be a major hit
                            Isn't that what Caution did more or less ?
                            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                            Pronouns: He / Him

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                              Isn't that what Caution did more or less ?
                              Caution:
                              ca. 120,000 - USA
                              ca. 40,000 - Internationally = 160,000

                              SPS
                              ca. 165,000 - USA
                              ca. 65,000 - Internationally = 230,000

                              For comparisons sakes... Merry Xmas original sold more in 2018.

                              2018 was quite a good year...
                              400,000 - Merry Xmas
                              230,000 - Caution
                              30,000 - Glitter
                              My Chart

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Anderson View Post


                                0:30 What's that song? That's mimi

                                My listening is right??
                                That’s a little song called “fantasy” from 1995 I think.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                  I can’t believe in 4 years the emancipation will be 20 years old
                                  And in two years Mariah will be 60 years old! Crazy how quickly time flies.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                    I can’t believe in 4 years the emancipation will be 20 years old
                                    This is making me feel old. That means in four years I'll be 21. Funny how some artists have albums your age.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by tee View Post

                                      You forgot MC16
                                      For a moment I thought that was an album that Mariah released in 2016 and I was like, 'Did it really sell that much?'.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                        When all is said and done Mariah will probably have 5-6 diamond albums:

                                        Debut
                                        Music
                                        Xmas
                                        Day
                                        TEOM
                                        (#1's?)
                                        I don't think TEOM is going diamond for a long, long time. Xmas will go diamond in the next 15 years if the Christmas song keeps increasing in popularity at this rate, but isn't TEOM only 7X platinum eligible as of now? That's a long way from diamond, and Mariah doesn't have the streaming to justify it going diamond in the next 30 years.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                          I'd say 16k USA and altogether worldwide incl the USA 20k.
                                          Nonsense!
                                          I foresee it debuting with 50K in the US and selling 200K total, and 300-400K total WW. Of course Mariah could very well do a collab with some major DJ and get a Higher Love moment. That way I foresee MC16 selling 1M+ in the US alone. Someone get Calvin Harris on the phone!

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Leviathan View Post

                                            And in two years Mariah will be 60 years old! Crazy how quickly time flies.
                                            IN 2 years Mariah will be 53.

                                            By the end of this decade... our leading ladies will be this age: (2029)

                                            90 - Tina Turner
                                            89 - Dionne Warwick
                                            87 - Barbra Streisand
                                            87 - Carole King
                                            86 - Joni Mitchell
                                            85 - Diana Ross
                                            83 - Cher
                                            83 - Dolly Parton
                                            81 - Stevie Nicks
                                            76 - Cyndi Lauper
                                            75 - Annie Lennox
                                            71 - Madonna
                                            64 - Shania Twain
                                            63 - Janet Jackson
                                            62 - Toni Braxton
                                            61 - Céline Dion
                                            60 - Gwen Stefani
                                            60 - Jennifer Lopez
                                            59 - Mariah Carey
                                            58 - Mary J. Blige
                                            55 - Alanis Morissette
                                            52 - Shakira
                                            50 - P!nk
                                            50 - Norah Jones
                                            49 - Christina Aguilera
                                            48 - Britney Spears
                                            48 - Beyoncé
                                            48 - Alicia Keys
                                            47 - Kelly Clarkson
                                            45 - Katy Perry
                                            45 - Avril Lavigne
                                            44 - Lana Del Rey
                                            43 - Lady Gaga
                                            41 - Rihanna
                                            41 - Adele
                                            40 - Taylor Swift
                                            37 - Demi Lovato
                                            37 - Miley Cyrus
                                            37 - Selena Gomez
                                            36 - Ariana Grande
                                            33 - Lorde
                                            28 - Billie Eilish
                                            26 - Olivia Rodrigo
                                            My Chart

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                              That’s a little song called “fantasy” from 1995 I think.


                                              No.. I know that song is Fantasy, which is one of her iconic songs.
                                              I've listened it like 1000 times in my whole life lol
                                              I meant their lines in the movie.

                                              This is what I heard at 00:30..

                                              Ryan Reynolds : What's that song?
                                              Jodie Comer : That's MIMI or That's new one

                                              My listening is right?
                                              Last edited by Anderson; Sun August 8, 2021, 20:08.
                                              Mariah Carey x BTS
                                              #20th No.1

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                                IN 2 years Mariah will be 53.

                                                By the end of this decade... our leading ladies will be this age: (2029)

                                                90 - Tina Turner
                                                89 - Dionne Warwick
                                                87 - Barbra Streisand
                                                87 - Carole King
                                                86 - Joni Mitchell
                                                85 - Diana Ross
                                                83 - Cher
                                                83 - Dolly Parton
                                                81 - Stevie Nicks
                                                76 - Cyndi Lauper
                                                75 - Annie Lennox
                                                71 - Madonna
                                                64 - Shania Twain
                                                63 - Janet Jackson
                                                62 - Toni Braxton
                                                61 - Céline Dion
                                                60 - Gwen Stefani
                                                60 - Jennifer Lopez
                                                59 - Mariah Carey
                                                58 - Mary J. Blige
                                                55 - Alanis Morissette
                                                52 - Shakira
                                                50 - P!nk
                                                50 - Norah Jones
                                                49 - Christina Aguilera
                                                48 - Britney Spears
                                                48 - Beyoncé
                                                48 - Alicia Keys
                                                47 - Kelly Clarkson
                                                45 - Katy Perry
                                                45 - Avril Lavigne
                                                44 - Lana Del Rey
                                                43 - Lady Gaga
                                                41 - Rihanna
                                                41 - Adele
                                                40 - Taylor Swift
                                                37 - Demi Lovato
                                                37 - Miley Cyrus
                                                37 - Selena Gomez
                                                36 - Ariana Grande
                                                33 - Lorde
                                                28 - Billie Eilish
                                                26 - Olivia Rodrigo
                                                This is going to sound extremely morbid - and for that, I apologise in advance - but omg, this list immediately made me think of how many legends we might lose in the next decade or so. I wish they could all live forever.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Leviathan View Post

                                                  I don't think TEOM is going diamond for a long, long time. Xmas will go diamond in the next 15 years if the Christmas song keeps increasing in popularity at this rate, but isn't TEOM only 7X platinum eligible as of now? That's a long way from diamond, and Mariah doesn't have the streaming to justify it going diamond in the next 30 years.
                                                  TEOM gets 2,5 million weekly streams on Spotify alone. It will surpass 600 million streams (total) at the end of this year... and moves around 120 million streams on Spotify per annual.

                                                  The album has been eligible for 7xP for quite some time now. By mid 2020s it will be eligible for 8xP, then by 2030 9xP and by 2033 the latest diamond eligible (if streaming continues to grow like it currently is).

                                                  By 2033 Merry Christmas might be eligible for 15x Platinum. That album moves over 250,000 SPS units per annual in the USA and is moving ever closer to 300,000 yearly.

                                                  Since it was certified 8xP in 2020... I can see it go 9xP after this season.
                                                  My Chart

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Leviathan View Post

                                                    Nonsense!
                                                    I foresee it debuting with 50K in the US and selling 200K total, and 300-400K total WW. Of course Mariah could very well do a collab with some major DJ and get a Higher Love moment. That way I foresee MC16 selling 1M+ in the US alone. Someone get Calvin Harris on the phone!
                                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                    Pronouns: He / Him

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X