Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by elguachin View Post

Hey!!!! Argentina. I know you too cause i’ve been following this thread for news, but just reading the entries and scarcely posting.

Regarding the Mariah and Celine rumored collaboration, i agree with you. But if somebody could make this work, is Mariah. I do not think she would put anything out if she’s not convinced. So, let’s see.

on other news, she recently tweeted about fall plans, so maybe we’re getting close to get something soon

thanks for quoting my post
    I knew you had to be from Argentina with that username! Haha. Hope to see you post more often.
    Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
      So random. When I got the notification I thought it would be a new remix for free guy lol
      Same bro. When I opened my IG this morning and saw that post I got hyped when I read "remix" but then realized it was the ODB version. Anyway, at least they're capitalizing on the Free Guy promo.
      Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
      www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

u forgot Mariah ft. The Killers. I need her to collabo with a rock band so bad.
        Don't forget that Steven Tyler and Foo Fighters both said they'd like to collab and/or are big fans!
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• So The Clark Sisters is the group she's talking about.

Comment

• Where did the Mariah×Celine thing come from?

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Don't forget that Steven Tyler and Foo Fighters both said they'd like to collab and/or are big fans!
              I love Steven Tyler. A yes from me. I'm not too familiar with the Foo Fighters, but it could be interesting.
              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post

Same bro. When I opened my IG this morning and saw that post I got hyped when I read "remix" but then realized it was the ODB version. Anyway, at least they're capitalizing on the Free Guy promo.
                Yeah I saw “remix” and thought she just dropped a new remix for free guy lol

Comment

• Spotify, Mimi's 20 greatest gainers of August 12:

+210,604 - 2005 - We Belong Together
                  +145,001 - 2009 - Obsessed
                  +140,465 - 2003 - I Know What You Want
                  +140,301 - 1995 - Fantasy
                  +138,519 - 1996 - Always be my Baby
                  +106,055 - 1993 - Hero
                  +104,071 - 1994 - Without You
                  +83,066 - 2008 - Touch my Body
                  +71,645 - 1995 - One Sweet Day
                  +63,308 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
                  --
                  +60,940 - 1998 - When You Believe
                  +57,035 - 2005 - Shake It Off
                  +55,577 - 1999 - Heartbreaker
                  +42,534 - 1994 - Endless Love
                  +41,820 - 1998 - My All
                  +39,886 - 1991 - Emotions
                  +38,331 - 2005 - It's Like That
                  +34,002 - 2013 - #Beautiful
                  +33,412 - 1992 - I'll Be There
                  +33,059 - 1995 - Fantasy Remix

Fantasy is doing quite well now. Could increase to 150k daily soon.
                  My Chart

Comment

• I find the analysis of Mariah’s voice very interesting. He made really good points on how Mariah Carey may actually naturally be a mezzo soprano with and upper and lower extension. She developed vocal nodules from over-singing at the very top of her range which was not naturally comfortable for her (she says she feels most comfortable singing lower). This gives her the whistle extension due to the nodules compressing her vocal cords and creating a tiny hole for air to get through which produces a whistle. Her speaking voice has also always sat lower than a typical soprano, and for a natural soprano it would feel easy to sing in the upper fifth octave and above with sustained belts. Mariah usually waits until the climax to hit all her high notes because she has to work for them. It isn’t her comfort zone. Nevertheless, her voice sounds beautiful in any register because of her unique tone and timbre and natural talent which is gift and not something that be learned.

Comment

• It was incredible to finally see a 4k video from Mariah. Fantasy is just one of the greatest ever!!
                      #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

Rare videos of Mariah Carey during the Emotions era:

https://www.etonline.com/media/video...erviews-170001
                        It's great to discover these new interviews. she was so serious, focused & grateful for everything.
                        #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I think jesus coming back is more likely to happen than this
                          Im sure we can find a way to fit Him onto the album in that case

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

u forgot Mariah ft. The Killers. I need her to collabo with a rock band so bad.
                            Would be cool but not for butterfly part 2. Notice I tried to mimic the original butterfly but with a 2021 bend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post
                              It was incredible to finally see a 4k video from Mariah. Fantasy is just one of the greatest ever!!
                              Boy I need you is also available in 4K

Comment

• Fantasy back in iTunes too 200 at #166.

Just acknowledging that a song of Mariah’s is getting its shine and it has nothing to do with Christmas. It’s been amazing to see the resurgence of Fantasy all year.

Funny how it was used in two movies in big ways in Rush Hour and now Free Guy. Both had characters sing the song.

Comment

Fantasy back in iTunes too 200 at #166.

Just acknowledging that a song of Mariah’s is getting its shine and it has nothing to do with Christmas. It’s been amazing to see the resurgence of Fantasy all year.

Funny how it was used in two movies in big ways in Rush Hour and now Free Guy. Both had characters sing the song.
                                  absolutely. The song has pushed itself ahead of always be my baby now as her most popular song from the daydream era. The song really did become a staple and a game changer.
                                  My Chart

Comment

• I wonder have her team ever thought of including Bianca in her Xmas special. Like it can be a plot of Bianca is trying to kill Santa and destroy Xmas and Mariah will be the superhero to save the world lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                                      I wonder have her team ever thought of including Bianca in her Xmas special. Like it can be a plot of Bianca is trying to kill Santa and destroy Xmas and Mariah will be the superhero to save the world lol
                                      Essentially Bianca as the Grinch? It could be cool for her make an appearance!

I don't want her to do too much acting though tbh

The special was so well done. It really was such a nice balance of everything, including other people. We truly were spoilt all through 2020.

Comment

• I did not like the special at all. I don’t like that over the top caricature xmas persona. Only the original xmas era had that genuine and authentic feel. Everything else was too glitzy ditzy and not in a good way.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsjosmar View Post
                                          I did not like the special at all. I don’t like that over the top caricature xmas persona. Only the original xmas era had that genuine and authentic feel. Everything else was too glitzy ditzy and not in a good way.
                                          Ok Mr Grinch

Comment

• Some people on these forums are so sensitive. People have an opinion, no need to get defensive and label them.

There’s a certain aesthetic and care free nature of the original Merry Christmas album and aesthetic that her latter Christmas albums can’t capture. Take a look at the MC2U compared to the original, that ghastly snowman and Dave Chapelle cover is just overdone. then the heavily RnB infused sounds and production just doesn’t resonate broadly and clearly we know what sounds the public like from Ms Carey.

Comment

• I’m very happy that Fantasy is getting its momment again. Her lead singles since Emotions seems to have been under streamed vs their 2nd of 3rd singles these days. Always Be My Baby has arguably surpassed Fantasy and OSD and also My All over Honey.

Honey is the next song that needs a resurgence, it’s grossly under streamed and is such a banger song till this day. I consider Fantasy and Honey her two best lead singles.

Comment

• Honey definitely needs more recognition

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                                  Honey definitely needs more recognition
                                                  For some reason it doesn’t get that 97 Diddy-produced attention some of those other classics get. It fits so nicely in a DJ set with other songs from that era.
                                                  funny how one can learn
                                                  to grow numb to the madness
                                                  and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post

For some reason it doesn’t get that 97 Diddy-produced attention some of those other classics get. It fits so nicely in a DJ set with other songs from that era.
                                                    I would also expect it’s video to garner attention but it doesn’t to the level it deserves

Comment

Working...
                                                    X