No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched some of the movie last night, got a bit bored half way through but it prob would be better in the cinema. Was cool to hear the song though, it sounded great
    " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
    Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
      Some people on these forums are so sensitive. People have an opinion, no need to get defensive and label them.

There’s a certain aesthetic and care free nature of the original Merry Christmas album and aesthetic that her latter Christmas albums can’t capture. Take a look at the MC2U compared to the original, that ghastly snowman and Dave Chapelle cover is just overdone. then the heavily RnB infused sounds and production just doesn’t resonate broadly and clearly we know what sounds the public like from Ms Carey.
      Talk about being über sensitive when you take seriously A freaking JOKE. Jesus Christ ! LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Talk about being über sensitive when you take seriously A freaking JOKE. Jesus Christ ! LMAO
        Yes of course a joke. ladadada.

Comment

• Deadline reports that Free Guy is set to open with $26.4M, which is above expectations and that half of the audience was 18-34.

Some other interesting data:

Other diagnostics on Free Guy: Males came out at 62%, 53% over 25 with 48% Caucasian, 23% Latino, 13% Black and 16% Asian/other. Best markets were in the west, notably Salt Lake City, Seattle, LA and San Francisco.

Heading into the weekend, social media analytics corp Relish Mix saw Free Guy‘s social tracking running 42% above awareness norms for an action comedy, with a reach of 345.4M on social media from 20th Century channels at 43.2M, and social media marketing machine Reynolds, who counts 76.1M followers.
          https://deadline.com/2021/08/ryan-re...ce-1234814231/
          Good exposure for MC and Fantasy.
          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Yes of course a joke. ladadada.
            not my problem if you don’t have any sense of humor and get offended by every joke

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
              Deadline reports that Free Guy is set to open with $26.4M, which is above expectations and that half of the audience was 18-34.

Some other interesting data:

Good exposure for MC and Fantasy.
              Amazing. In my country it’s gonna be released aug 19th. It’s probably gonna be my first time since the pandemic that I’m gonna go to the movies

Comment

•  
                http://marcokircher.com
                http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                IG: marco235

Comment

• Free Guy was incredibly fun and awesome in IMAX. Fantasy is played several times and the original song closes the movie in full blast. Amazing exposure. Amazing to hear her voice in the theatre. Mariah is mentioned or alluded several times by the characters too! And without spoilers the song is a big part of the storyline. It’s Zohan level exposure which is huge for Mariah in 2021. Thank you Ryan!
                  Last edited by Xmas; Sun August 15, 2021, 00:49.

Comment

• RELEASE SUD ALREADY MARIAH!

Comment

• Oooh that's so good.

A great sound for Mariah I have to say.

Her songs have good bones.
                      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• This is AMAZING!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

not my problem if you don’t have any sense of humor and get offended by every joke
                          it’s not so much the joke it’s the way you’ve defended yourself by attacking others that is disturbing, perhaps that’s the sort of person you are.

Comment

• I wonder since the sample was genius by the Tom Tom Club, do they also need to ask for permission by that estate to use that sample? That tune. I haven’t seen the movie yet but I would assume they used the instrumental or at least in the trailers

Comment

• The Weekend and Bruno Mars are two of the best male vocals in the pop game at the momment.

Imagine a collab like this on a song like Uptown Funk. It would be a huge collab

i don’t think we have huge collabs these days, just the same artist collabing with each other usually ending in a Cardi B, Doja, Meegan, Ariana, Justin. It’s missing a certain wow or next level collab momment like back in the days.

Comment

it’s not so much the joke it’s the way you’ve defended yourself by attacking others that is disturbing, perhaps that’s the sort of person you are.
                                This is enough guys skylynx, mm2912. Please move on.

Comment

• Indeed, perhaps some will realise that instead of labelling others when they disagree to simply say I disagree, this is what I think about it . That’s how you handle it as per what the Queen says

Comment

• Can anyone remember whether Fantasy got any meaningful boost from its original appearance on Rush Hour in 1998?

It seems to feature more prominently here in Free Guy. Il actually a bit surprised the lambs are not doing more to launch a concerted push on streaming or iTunes.

If there was a momment to rally behind a classic song and push it to the top it would be this time wouldn’t it?

seems very quiet on that fan front

Comment

Can anyone remember whether Fantasy got any meaningful boost from its original appearance on Rush Hour in 1998?

It seems to feature more prominently here in Free Guy. Il actually a bit surprised the lambs are not doing more to launch a concerted push on streaming or iTunes.

If there was a momment to rally behind a classic song and push it to the top it would be this time wouldn’t it?

seems very quiet on that fan front
                                      There was some activity when the 4K video was released, which I guess was a strategic move from Team MC. Interesting it is the first set of videos to be upgraded.

I am not quite sure when it got a boost from Rush Hour, BUT, I have seen that clip circulate several times through the years on social media. I think it may not pump the song at any one time but it definitely helped with exposure over time.

The song is doing quite well on iTunes with its top 200 appearance. Compared to pre-Free Guy, a very noticeable boost. We may see a R&B Digital Sales re-entry.

Comment

• Glad that the video is in true 4K not some fake HD upgrade. Her earlier videos deserve it and should be for all her leading music videos and all the Butterfly ones. Hopefully one day.

This is the moment a new remix or recut FreeGuy music video would do wonders. Remember when Deadpool did Ashes in the Celine song. Kinda needs a slightly viral or newsworthy video momment.

Though the original song is so perfect and it’s hard to remix that sample which is its best in the original. The ODB looses a bit of the fun innocence factor that made the original so infectious.

These momments where you song is put to the masses is rare for her these days outside Christmas. Let’s see if she invested anything other than to upgrade her video to 4K

Comment

• I want to ask everyone here what they were feeling or how they reacted to Fantasy when it was released?

It was 1995, and I was in those early teen years when music started to become very impressionable. This was a landmark year where you could really sense a shift in music, in pop. All genres were featuring prominently and Mariah was leading the way with the pop RnB infused sound.

My sister first bought the Music Box album which was massive in Australia and then When Merry Christmas came around I could remember going out to buy the Joy to the World single because I was loving that dance vibe. I actually was more attracted to it then AIWFCIY at the time. I was eagerly anticipating what she would do next.

Fantasy came with big promo in Australia. The first thing that struck me was the new sound. It felt strange. Infectuous and euphoric at the same time. We obviously didn’t know anything about the sample or Tom Tom Club but what first got me was the horns or brass at 0:33. Very strange but it made all the difference. The transition from a daydream esque sequence in her opening vocals to when the bass line kicks in was urgent and powers the song right through. Her vocals was I think what made it euphoric. She layered it and stacked it so well. You have the leading vocal but in the background you have a deeper stack in the chorus that was next level up shift from the straight singing one vocal line that was evident in pre-Daydream eras and particularly Music Box. I would not get the same feeling until It’s Like That chorus in terms of how the stacking made me feel.

The video the first time I saw it was dare I say it a bit repetitive with the roller coaster scenes . But then I got over it. She was looking incredible, relatable and in the night scenes was glowingly. Fantasy was a number 1 hit in Australia( her first one , so there were many more chances to see it on Video Hits or the tv shows.

Fantasy and Coolio’s Gangstas Paradise were my two jams that year. A brave new world in music.

Comment

• What a mess lol

Love that whistle run though

Comment

• Emotions turns 30!

http://marcokircher.com
                                              http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                              IG: marco235

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                                                What a mess lol

Love that whistle run though

I'm dead at the comment that it was Stella singing at 0:51!

Comment

• skylynx I love recounts like that.

My story:

The year was 1994. I was at my cousin's. She: "Hey, you have to listen to this!" Me: "Oh, sure!" She then went to her older brother's room and played Without You. The sound of her voice and the music... it transformed me and that I how I became a soulmate fan of Mariah Carey.

During Christmas of that year, I got the Music Box album. I had no idea that Merry Christmas was even a thing. I learned about that in 1998 - when we got "the" internet.

Fast forward to 1995. 1995 was my musical awakening. My cousin once again introducing me to another one of my original loves, Take That. I stanned so hard that there was basically no time for MIMI to shine. I was such a ballads lover and AC material junky... that I actually quite disliked Fantasy originally. It was One Sweet Day which I loved. I also didn't get my hands on the Daydream album until 1998 actually. The second Mariah album I've ever owned and the first album by her which I bought was Butterfly, then Daydream and then #1's and Merry Christmas and then Rainbow and then her first two albums.

A messy timeline, I know. But for a kid ... who was so young and who had just enough pocket money to buy 1 CD every 2 months or so... (if he saved up) and with parents who had 0 interest in music... I did pretty well, I must say.

I also disliked Honey at the time and Heartbreaker too. I was such a balladeer. Ballads, Ballads, Ballads and only ballads - nothing else.

I whored out Everything Fades Away... one of my alltime favourite tracks. I was on the German edition of Music Box. That was my type of banger. The sad-er the better...

But between me reaching 14-15 I branched out more and a musical shift started to happen. And it probably not until 2000 / 2001 that I began to listen to more uptempo music as well..

Fantasy is still not one of my faves, even though the Morales remix is one of my most played tunes by anyone ever. And over the years I began to fall in love with all of her uptempo music. Honey for example is one of my alltime favourites today. Fantasy (original) is a staple in my music catalogue too.

There are 83 million Germans today. And I am the ONLY person from the original AC-MIMI-era who transformed with her and stuck with her throughout all of her reincarnations. I feel isolated and alone in that respect.

My Chart

Comment

• I love how Mariah's 5 most loyal and closest friendships throughout her singing career have been:

1. Trey Lorenz
                                                    2. Da Brat
                                                    3. Randy Jackson
                                                    4. Jermaine Dupri
                                                    5. Mary-Ann

In an alternative universe... those 5 are their own band performing evergreen hits day in and day out.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X