Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    It is worth mentioning that alongside releasing a weekly set of remixes to singles from different albums (hundreds worth!), Mariah also released an album of unreleased material + live album, a new book, an audiobook, Christmas special, Christmas soundtrack, Chick album, and released her entire catalog of studio albums on vinyl.

If that's not fire I dont know what is. After 2020, that criticism is meritless IMHO.
    Where’s that chick album she released ?

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

It's on CD
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

^That is a fanmade image.
        Actually I like that fanmade image more than the official ones Colours are so bright and festive, goes better with the ILT quote.
        Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
        www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
          I was just reading Warner’s press release about Madonna’s catalog and publishing now under their administration. Warner has a super long history with Madonna obviously and unlike Mariah she probably was OK with publishing managed by the pros. Though it has me thinking and a bit sad that Mariah is not able to command the same
          label support or have as strong of a bargaining chip when she returned to Sony. And Sony legacy for that not even Columbia.

2022 looks to be Madonna’s year. 40 years in the industry and looks like they’ll be doing a Mc30 type concept with big releases and a documentary.

it saddens me that Mc30 felt like fan service rather than a big commercial move with major general public push. They could’ve milked something like Mc30 more and recognised the true worth of the material. Though what can we expect when her brand doesn’t command that much in business terms.

take for example Rarities . If it was a Madonna release it would be a major release globally with marketing push. Also they totally undersold Daydream Tour audio and also the Live EP. Those releases should’ve been standalone and hyped up even more. They deserve proper collectors item And packaging like push. Ie like those legends who release classic releases in very expensive packaging and never before seen photos…etc. The whole project felt very tagged on and just release like bath water.
          I think it's very unfair to compare MC30 to what Madonna is going to do starting next year. All we know is she plans on doing deluxe edition of her albums, which means remixes and stuff, which is what Mariah did with the EPs and The Rarities. What I mean is comparing something that is already done (MC30) and something that we haven't seen yet (Madonna40) and just assume that Madonna will do it better is simply untrue and unfair.

After all, MC30 was all Mariah's goodwill because she didn't have her label's money to do it. We should be more grateful for that because she could've thought "oh, I'll be releasing my memoirs this year for my 30th anniversary and I got that Apple special, let's call it a day". Instead, she worked to give us more of what we wanted, we got the unreleased songs, unreleased videos, and lots of fan-favourite remixes and live performance on streaming. Seriously anyone complaining about it was expecting.... what exacly?

Comment

• never heard this before. sound so good

(66) Mariah Carey - My Love For You Never Dies (Snippet) - YouTube

Comment

• For me all those random remixes uploaded to Spotify every Friday got very boring very fast. I enjoyed the Rarities album a lot however.
              " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
              Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

Easy to find with a quick search online.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Easy to find with a quick search online.
                  didnt know Mariah released it

Comment

didnt know Mariah released it
                    The chick version lol

Comment

The chick version lol
                      mariah released where and for whom? cause I didnt see any annoucement and if you use google there's ebay selling for more than 2k dollars or 900 dollars in amazon from unknown sellers
                      https://www.ebay.com/itm/28404770218...0AAOSw2lxfid2T
                      Chick - Someone's Ugly Daughter - Amazon.com Music

Comment

You never heard the Pepsi ringtones?

Also the name is "Once in a Lifetime", not "My Love for You Never Dies".

Comment

mariah released where and for whom? cause I didnt see any annoucement and if you use google there's ebay selling for more than 2k dollars or 900 dollars in amazon from unknown sellers
                          Until then, there is always Malibu and Demented...two "new" songs and music videos to enjoy.

I was fortunate to snatch up a CD before they became overpriced.

Comment

Until then, there is always Malibu and Demented...two "new" songs and music videos to enjoy.

I was fortunate to snatch up a CD before they became overpriced.
                            I downloaded a m4a rip last year but haven't really listened to it. However two days ago I re-watched the music videos and damn.. both songs are really good, specially Demented. Hopefully the version with Mariah's vocals come sooner than later.

Comment

Oh lord obviously it was uploaded by someone at the time. Its 2021. Maybe it is gone now.

But if you do a simple search on YT all the acapella versions are there and instrumentals.
                              Last edited by InFamous; Wed August 18, 2021, 16:35.

Comment

Oh lord obviously it was uploaded by someone at the time. Its 2021. Maybe it is gone now.

But if you do a simple search on YT all the acapella versions are there and instrumentals.
                                that's illegal uploads. saying MARIAH RELEASED chick album is false

Comment

that's illegal uploads. saying MARIAH RELEASED chick album is false
                                  Please point out to me where I said MARIAH released it.

Comment

• It’s always been released just difficult to find (ie. It has been officially released). The point is it’s “new” material we didnt know of before.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

Whoever posted this needs to be fired... any qualified graphic designer would defo not make this mistake... a massive gap between above the palm tree on the top right corner...

And for some strange reason there is this random blurred patch behind her... Can’t believe the “designer” even had the guts to post his signatures/watermarks all over this “masterpiece”... It looks like a Grade-7 PowerPoint poster homework anyway... or even a grade-7 student can creat something much superior than this with PowerPoint...

Like come on Mariah, you can do much better than this. This is just purely unprofessional. When will she ever learn...

https://twitter.com/mariahcarey/stat...919580672?s=21
                                      why so dramatic? It's a fanmade dahling

Comment

It is worth mentioning that alongside releasing a weekly set of remixes to singles from different albums (hundreds worth!), Mariah also released an album of unreleased material + live album, a new book, an audiobook, Christmas special, Christmas soundtrack, Chick album, and released her entire catalog of studio albums on vinyl.

If that's not fire I dont know what is. After 2020, that criticism is meritless IMHO.
                                        I think what many lambs are bitter about is that all of this happened with almost 0 media attention. MC30 went by - at least here in Europe - without anyone who is not on several pop music forums knowing about it. Her label at the time... whatever it was... did not do anything to make things sell.

Her Memoirs.... a great concept... but why is it just been released in other language one year after its release? I bet the German version for example won't get any type of promo here whatsoever.

The difference between Mariah and Madonna (especially in the past few years) is that Madonna still commands this huge authority over the media... when she has something out... EVERYONE is on board.

When Mariah has something out, we'd be lucky if it finds its way to UKMIX.

Caution vs. Madame X as well: Madonna being smart and featuring BIG latin acts... to get those streams... and then even peforms 3 or 2 songs on the biggest broadcast live music event in the world, in front of 120 million people.

Mariah got 2 unknown features on her 2nd single ANN and literally 0 promotion outside the US. ZERO. NONE.

What I don't understand is that SONY (at the time) did not even try. They have this huge superstar who makes a lot of money for them during Xmas - as much as someone who has had a decent - good selling album and yet they are not investing anything that they are making into her new material. That's like self-fulfilling prophecy. If you don't invest, then you won't get that much attention and sales or streams... and then they act like as if this was proof for not promoting anything in the first place... in the sense of "told you so!"

But it is what it is... and better times will come again... I'm curious if her next release will even get a CD release... at this point anything's possible.
                                        My Chart

Comment

• We have yet to see how much of Madonna's #M40 will command media attention, but the press release on her birthday was a smart idea. It is worth noting that the announcement of Mariah's #MC30 did command a lot of media attention - especially with release of "The Live Debut - 1990". There were no fewer than three press releases for #MC30.

The weekly releases did get some press, but not large amounts. But after 2/3 weeks of the strategy, it is not difficult to see why there wouldnt be any large press following. That is not to say, however, that those weeks didnt lead to some increases in catalog sales/streams and overall attention.

Another thing to consider is Mariah foot the bill for a lot of MC30.

#MC30 is now missed by fans because it is gone.

In terms of Caution vs. Madame X, there are a lot of structural issues beyond just promotion.

In terms of her book, consider that the book industry took a huge hit with COVID. A lot of the rights conferences were cancelled and had to be virtual. I would have loved to have all the translations last year as well, but I am now relaxed about it considering COVID and that the book did really well for her regardless. I think Mariah worked up to the point of publication as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I think what many lambs are bitter about is that all of this happened with almost 0 media attention. MC30 went by - at least here in Europe - without anyone who is not on several pop music forums knowing about it. Her label at the time... whatever it was... did not do anything to make things sell.

Her Memoirs.... a great concept... but why is it just been released in other language one year after its release? I bet the German version for example won't get any type of promo here whatsoever.

The difference between Mariah and Madonna (especially in the past few years) is that Madonna still commands this huge authority over the media... when she has something out... EVERYONE is on board.

When Mariah has something out, we'd be lucky if it finds its way to UKMIX.

Caution vs. Madame X as well: Madonna being smart and featuring BIG latin acts... to get those streams... and then even peforms 3 or 2 songs on the biggest broadcast live music event in the world, in front of 120 million people.

Mariah got 2 unknown features on her 2nd single ANN and literally 0 promotion outside the US. ZERO. NONE.

What I don't understand is that SONY (at the time) did not even try. They have this huge superstar who makes a lot of money for them during Xmas - as much as someone who has had a decent - good selling album and yet they are not investing anything that they are making into her new material. That's like self-fulfilling prophecy. If you don't invest, then you won't get that much attention and sales or streams... and then they act like as if this was proof for not promoting anything in the first place... in the sense of "told you so!"

But it is what it is... and better times will come again... I'm curious if her next release will even get a CD release... at this point anything's possible.
                                            I still didn’t get caution in my country lol Madonna featured anitta on one of her tracks that wasn’t even single and went #2 with big streams and it was played everywhere I go, every party or club I was the song was playing and people were enjoying. The media here was all everyone talking. Caution was a basically US only released.

Comment

• Speaking of translations, the German cover

Comment

I still didn’t get caution in my country lol Madonna featured anitta on one of her tracks that wasn’t even single and went #2 with big streams and it was played everywhere I go, every party or club I was the song was playing and people were enjoying. The media here was all everyone talking. Caution was a basically US only released.
                                                I feel like that too... it's all very US centered. But... I think Mariah is not that much into latin music in general... (despite her magnum opus, My All) and that's OK. I hope that Oh Santa remix can at least re-chart here n there this year.
                                                My Chart

Comment

Speaking of translations, the German cover

This will sell 10 copies. It is as if her team did not read the reviews or saw the clips of people shredding the book and siding with her siblings.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

Thats not true at all. There were club night for Caution in the UK ( I think) and Ireland where clubs were transformed into Caution themed and Sony invited fans and gave Caution merch out and played the album. As well as that she toured Caution in EUROPE. Same sahow as she did in the US. It is so annoying that fans try to say she did nothing for Caution just cos it didnt really sell.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X