Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

That list has no relevance to what I said. You stated that it was so weird that Memoirs sold more than TEOM, although I guess you meant EMC2. . I stated it was because her profile was raised due to being featured in a hugely popular telenovela for months on end. If you could actually try to understand what is being written instead of coming in with long irrelevant lists of numbers that would be really awesome.
    The list is not irrelevant... and even b4 u were responding to the topic, I was already involved in the conversation. Consider my reply to you... a broader reply to the topic at large.
    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
      Butterfly is really difficult to sing if you're emulating Mariah's version note by note and run by run.

I always knew that but never considered that the start of the song commanded such control and precision too.
      Mariah is the only person who could sing it... you need a special type of voice that only Mariah has... silky, husky, clear and then raspy... bright and then deep. Nobody can do that. Only a male act could probably give it some type of justice.
      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Mariah is the only person who could sing it... you need a special type of voice that only Mariah has... silky, husky, clear and then raspy... bright and then deep. Nobody can do that. Only a male act could probably give it some type of justice.
        and a voice with range and dynamics as well... she goes low, she goes high, soft then belts strongly... phew.
        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Butterfly is really difficult to sing if you're emulating Mariah's version note by note and run by run.

I always knew that but never considered that the start of the song commanded such control and precision too.
          Try the actual live versions - Letterman and SNL, they are easier and more realistic
          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
          Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Try the actual live versions - Letterman and SNL, they are easier and more realistic
            Oh, I would do no justice to Mariah's songs.

I am not a singer, but I love to sing, and Mariah's songs (the way she sings them - even live) are just too difficult for me to attempt... but I do ok with part of WBT (not as well as your attempts lol).
            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Butterfly is one of the most difficult songs to sing... impossible
              #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

she sounds like 98% like the recorded version... still impossible to replicate.
                My Chart

Comment

Oh, I would do no justice to Mariah's songs.

I am not a singer, but I love to sing, and Mariah's songs (the way she sings them - even live) are just too difficult for me to attempt... but I do ok with part of WBT (not as well as your attempts lol).

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                    Anyway, liquor looks yummy.
                    I’m saying

am I the only one who likes the pic btw?
                    funny how one can learn
                    to grow numb to the madness
                    and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

she sounds like 98% like the recorded version... still impossible to replicate.
                      Well no one is going to replicate Mariah because she has a unique tone. No one can replicate Whitney either. I find it easier to sing along to the live ones. I'm not under any delusion that I sound like Mariah OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post

I’m saying

am I the only one who likes the pic btw?
                        Nope. You and the general GP based upon the positive reviews. That's what actually matters and not the massive meltdowns here.
                        I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by taustin13 View Post

Nope. You and the general GP based upon the positive reviews. That's what actually matters and not the massive meltdowns here.
                          As if the "general GP" has even seen the pic.

Comment

• Free guy is expected to stay at #1 on the box office for the second week

Comment

• Destiny’s Child is treading. Rumors has it they might be coming with new music. Imagine this is the group Mariah mentioned about…

Comment

• Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                                  Destiny’s Child is treading. Rumors has it they might be coming with new music. Imagine this is the group Mariah mentioned about…
                                  Would be SO iconic

Comment

• I think the group is the Clark sisters. She said we should be happy for her and we know she's a devoted fan of them

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                      Free guy is expected to stay at #1 on the box office for the second week
                                      Wow! I mean it's an adjacent-Mariah story but it's such great exposure for the song.
                                      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                                        Destiny’s Child is treading. Rumors has it they might be coming with new music. Imagine this is the group Mariah mentioned about…
                                        Well, we all know how Mariah would feel about being in the same studio with other female artists, especially a vocally strong artist like Beyoncé.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

Well, we all know how Mariah would feel about being in the same studio with other female artists, especially a vocally strong artist like Beyoncé.
                                          Wasnt mariah in the same track with Jennifer Hudson and Ariana Grande? Miss Jhud can outsing beyonce any day. She allowed Ariana Grande to whistle with her. So i really dont get the point of your comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

Wasnt mariah in the same track with Jennifer Hudson and Ariana Grande? Miss Jhud can outsing beyonce any day. She allowed Ariana Grande to whistle with her. So i really dont get the point of your comment
                                            They weren't in the studio together.

Comment

They weren't in the studio together.
                                              I don’t think she records her vocals with anyone else in the studio with her these days… so..

To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

I don’t think she records her vocals with anyone else in the studio with her these days… so..
                                                yep only Brian Garten.

Comment

• Somewhat Loved has hit top 10 on UAC 4.4M audience!
                                                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                    Somewhat Loved has hit top 10 on UAC 4.4M audience!
                                                    I really wish i loved this song, still happy it's doing well.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X