Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Watlingstreet View Post

No, she didn’t. They’re different vocals. Theyre not even sung in the same key or melody as 2010’s.
    Isn't it a mix of both new and old? This has been my impression
    Last edited by Robby; Thu August 19, 2021, 16:20.
    Everything, it only fades...

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post

Yes. And it's not up to Mariah's team to get the book translated at all. Publishers in other countries have to want to do it. Her publisher doesn't have a whole lot of power in the publishing world just yet, and they would have to offer it, and then another publisher has to accept to do the work, and that's when the translations, edits, etc begin, so it takes a while... Unless you are Michelle Obama.
      The German publishing house, Heyne, is actually a good one. I'm shocked that Mariah would get them...
      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Robby View Post

It sounds all new vocals to me

Comment

• Originally posted by Robby View Post

The only potential old vocals are in the layering, but they’re not discernible enough to tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
            I was just reading Warner’s press release about Madonna’s catalog and publishing now under their administration. Warner has a super long history with Madonna obviously and unlike Mariah she probably was OK with publishing managed by the pros. Though it has me thinking and a bit sad that Mariah is not able to command the same
            label support or have as strong of a bargaining chip when she returned to Sony. And Sony legacy for that not even Columbia.

2022 looks to be Madonna’s year. 40 years in the industry and looks like they’ll be doing a Mc30 type concept with big releases and a documentary.

it saddens me that Mc30 felt like fan service rather than a big commercial move with major general public push. They could’ve milked something like Mc30 more and recognised the true worth of the material. Though what can we expect when her brand doesn’t command that much in business terms.

take for example Rarities . If it was a Madonna release it would be a major release globally with marketing push. Also they totally undersold Daydream Tour audio and also the Live EP. Those releases should’ve been standalone and hyped up even more. They deserve proper collectors item And packaging like push. Ie like those legends who release classic releases in very expensive packaging and never before seen photos…etc. The whole project felt very tagged on and just release like bath water.
            I am a huge Madonna and Mariah fan. But I wonder if Madonna can come up with half as good a #MC40 (Madonna Ciccone 40 years in the business) as Mariah did with #MC30.
            Madonna's oeuvre on Spotify is a mess. Wrong versions of songs on the albums (Holiday short version instead of the album version on the debut, Dress You Up missed the first second on the second album, wrong version of Papa Don't Preach on the True Blue album, wrong version of Crazy For You on the Something To Remember album, etc.)
            Madonna's been releasing her remixes for some time now on Spotify, but in no logical order at all.

Mariah gave us so many great remixes (lots of re-sung making some of them sound like totally different songs), a never before seen video, HQ tv-performances on YouTube, live EP, The Rarities (all rare songs together on one album; in fact my second most streamed Mariah album ever), her autobiography (plus telling and singing the audiobook herself), Christmas special with soundtrack... Madonna may get more publicity when her #MC40 starts, but I doubt it will be done as brilliantly as how Mariah did it. Madonna has to give us a lot if she wants to spoil us as much Mariah did.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I know I'm saying this every week or so... but I will go to heaven once Mariah gives us SUD. Hurry up, MIMI. I'm currently very sick with a deadly virus. I don't wanna go without that album.
              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I am a huge Madonna and Mariah fan. But I wonder if Madonna can come up with half as good a #MC40 (Madonna Ciccone 40 years in the business) as Mariah did with #MC30.
                Madonna's oeuvre on Spotify is a mess. Wrong versions of songs on the albums (Holiday short version instead of the album version on the debut, Dress You Up missed the first second on the second album, wrong version of Papa Don't Preach on the True Blue album, wrong version of Crazy For You on the Something To Remember album, etc.)
                Madonna's been releasing her remixes for some time now on Spotify, but in no logical order at all.

Mariah gave us so many great remixes (lots of re-sung making some of them sound like totally different songs), a never before seen video, HQ tv-performances on YouTube, live EP, The Rarities (all rare songs together on one album; in fact my second most streamed Mariah album ever), her autobiography (plus telling and singing the audiobook herself), Christmas special with soundtrack... Madonna may get more publicity when her #MC40 starts, but I doubt it will be done as brilliantly as how Mariah did it. Madonna has to give us a lot if she wants to spoil us as much Mariah did.
                This is what I've been saying, Mariah really delivered with MC30 yet some people were whining about it (as always). And I ain't mad about it stopping with E=MC2 era, because most of the material starting from MOAIA era was already available on streaming services (with the exception of the HATEU remix, still waiting on that). Also her remix game deteriorated greatly after that, so there is nothing to miss. If anything, we want to hear the unreleased #Beautiful dance remix she teased back in the day.

IMO the only worthy remixes she gave us in the past decade are the ones with new vocals: Triumphant dance remixes and #Beautiful urban remix. Damn, even Why You Mad
                Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                  I know I'm saying this every week or so... but I will go to heaven once Mariah gives us SUD. Hurry up, MIMI. I'm currently very sick with a deadly virus. I don't wanna go without that album.
                  Get well soon Queen stevyy!

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post

Get well soon Queen stevyy!
                    thank you. Mariah is with me.
                    My Chart

Comment

thank you. Mariah is with me.
                      I know she is. Anytime you need a friend. Guess you'll be up and walking again in no time, like a fantasy.
                      Just take your tea with honey. It takes time to heal when you're hurting so much.
                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• After all these years I still need an explanation of why Mariah recorded a studio version of America the Beautiful in 2014 and included it on the JAPANESE version of MIAM. It's like the most random thing ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I know she is. Anytime you need a friend. Guess you'll be up and walking again in no time, like a fantasy.
                          Just take your tea with honey. It takes time to heal when you're hurting so much.
                          I will spread my wings again like the hero that I am. I'm not a prisoner of my fears, I'm not a crybaby, and your support is giving me life. <3
                          My Chart

Comment

After all these years I still need an explanation of why Mariah recorded a studio version of America the Beautiful in 2014 and included it on the JAPANESE version of MIAM. It's like the most random thing ever.
                            I love that song. I bought the JPN import of the album just bc of that song.
                            My Chart

Comment

After all these years I still need an explanation of why Mariah recorded a studio version of America the Beautiful in 2014 and included it on the JAPANESE version of MIAM. It's like the most random thing ever.
                              1.05 - 1.10
                              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                              Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

I will spread my wings again like the hero that I am. I'm not a prisoner of my fears, I'm not a crybaby, and your support is giving me life. <3
                                I hope you don't get that fever for it 102 and your temperature's not through the roof!

Comment

And those random remixes from the previous album lol

Comment

• Even the name of the album is so random. Me I Am Mariah. The Elusive Chanteuse. Seems more like the name of a compilation album, showcasing her illustrious career. And yes, I know she explained it in that layered speaking track Bless Mariah! It was a strange time.

Comment

Uh...

Where have I been?
                                      I have NEVER heard that before nor knew of its existence
                                      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• I always felt Boy (I Need You) a weak single choice, but now discovering that Cam'ron released Oh Boy in 2002 and #4 BBHot100 nad #1 in the R&B chart, it makes it even more wierd... Mariah's track is like the exact same song with just some lyrics added...
                                        It's not even sampling, that's directly covering the song, but do a cover of a 1-year old song and release it as a single?
                                        CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                                        FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
                                          I always felt Boy (I Need You) a weak single choice, but now discovering that Cam'ron released Oh Boy in 2002 and #4 BBHot100 nad #1 in the R&B chart, it makes it even more wierd... Mariah's track is like the exact same song with just some lyrics added...
                                          It's not even sampling, that's directly covering the song, but do a cover of a 1-year old song and release it as a single?
                                          totally demented, I agree.. Furthermore, Yours or The One would have been better singles choices anyway. I have no idea what they were thinking. The head of Def Jam at the time who signed Mariah... believed very strongly in her. There is an interview with him when she was signed. And I was quite relieved bc he trusted her and then they ended up on Boy... while filming a video for The One which was then cancelled. It was kinda cute that they went with TTR as her comeback single.. makes sense. But then the roll-out of the other singles completely fell apart. It was beyond chaos at the time.

CB did so well initially... it was very stable on the charts too... dropping yes, but not fast. It really needed a viable 2nd single. Boy also did extremely poorly in Europe where the original was unknown.

After Boy, they kinda abandoned the album. Someone on the label, however, showed some taste and made BOTH an official single... in Switzerland and 2 other countries... even that rollout (the video is so amazing btw) was completely botched. BOTH could have been a cute single... a top 20 hit here and there with some promotion... but they just cancelled the era after Boy did literally kill the era.

Many people say that CB is her worst album.. but I disagree. It is a cohesive, smooth, atmospheric album. But nobody knew how to promote and handle it after its launch. The launch was epic. The launch had everything I wish a current MC project would get. A live MTV concert special, 1 million in person interviews... even going to the UK and perform for MTV there. All in all, it was a weird release and it deserved much more. The re-release of the album with IKWYW on it should have been global and not linked to just 3-4 markets.
                                          My Chart

Comment

Japan was / is always so lucky for getting so many Mariah's bonus tracks...
                                            Everything Fades Away, Secret Love, Sprung, Heat, 4real4real, etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by leoapp View Post
                                              Japan was / is always so lucky for getting so many Mariah's bonus tracks...
                                              Everything Fades Away, Secret Love, Sprung, Heat, 4real4real, etc...
                                              I hate that bc those Japanese imports are incredibly expensive... like i had to pay 50€ for the Charmbracelet tour edition.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                Somewhat Loved has hit top 10 on UAC 4.4M audience!
                                                I've been working in Chicago for the past two weeks and I hear this song on the radio at least 4 times a day. I hear it all the time in LA and NYC too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone View Post

I've been working in Chicago for the past two weeks and I hear this song on the radio at least 4 times a day. I hear it all the time in LA and NYC too.
                                                  On what radio formats?

Comment

On what radio formats?
                                                    Urban in NYC and Urban Adult in LA and Chicago... I even heard it in Walgreens.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X