Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post
    I hope they use the video for YouTube adds. Especially for Christmas.
    I was waiting for this comment. It’s the perfect Christmas drink. I want some, doubt I’ll find any in Shanghai though

Comment

• It's such a shame GTFO wasn't released as the lead. I guess TikTok wasn't as relevant in 2018 but it's such a perfect meme song and could have gone viral very easily.
      The song was so current, it still is, it should smash on streaming and radio. The hit that got away.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhenUWalkBy View Post
        It's such a shame GTFO wasn't released as the lead. I guess TikTok wasn't as relevant in 2018 but it's such a perfect meme song and could have gone viral very easily.
        The song was so current, it still is, it should smash on streaming and radio. The hit that got away.
        GTFO is such a great song. It makes you feel all kinds of different emotions every time you hear it. Something about the instrumental is so atmospheric and emotion-provoking!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone View Post

I've been working in Chicago for the past two weeks and I hear this song on the radio at least 4 times a day. I hear it all the time in LA and NYC too.
          I hear it this week in A restaurant in Paris!

Comment

• Imma just leave this here. I’ve never seen this before!

No, she’s not.

Comment

• They don’t call her the Queen of shade for nothing. Classy and deadly at the same time.

Comment

• About Madonna... usually when she shades someone it is justified... but in this instance she was wrong.. and I believe she knows it. Thence the absence of any type of shade ever since.

I believe most celebs who had a negative opinion about her have changed their minds..
                My Chart

Comment

• This is rather ironic but anyway let me not involve myself
                  " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                  Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                    This is rather ironic but anyway let me not involve myself
                    I hated Madonna up until the early 2000s. then I bought all of her past album. People who dwell on the past.... lose out.
                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I hated Madonna up until the early 2000s. then I bought all of her past album. People who dwell on the past.... lose out.
                      Well I mean there was this about the accent thing

Comment

Well I mean there was this about the accent thing

that's funny banter... insinuating Mariah should have killed herself.. was not.

but those issues are resolved now. Mariah did not kill herself... she killed her marriage instead.
                        My Chart

Comment

This is rather ironic but anyway let me not involve myself
                          If Kween ever dissed anyone, it’s because she was instigated to start with. Name one instance Kween instigated something out of thin air with no provocation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                            If Kween ever dissed anyone, it’s because she was instigated to start with. Name one instance Kween instigated something out of thin air with no provocation?
                            she insulted taste by not releasing migrate. her biggest crime against her career.
                            My Chart

Comment

What did Madonna do to her when she dissed her accent ?

Also her dissing Celine was completely unprovoked. Celine just sang when Aretha ASKED her to and Mariah dissed her over it for 20 years on numerous occasions, culminating in insinuating she was a "lunatic" in her recently published memoirs. Seems pretty unprovoked to me.

Comment

that's funny banter... insinuating Mariah should have killed herself.. was not.

but those issues are resolved now. Mariah did not kill herself... she killed her marriage instead.
                                When did Madonna say that ?

Comment

What did Madonna do to her when she dissed her accent ?

Also her dissing Celine was completely unprovoked. Celine just sang when Aretha ASKED her to and Mariah dissed her over it for 20 years on numerous occasions, culminating in insinuating she was a "lunatic" in her recently published memoirs. Seems pretty unprovoked to me.
                                  There were rumors at the time that Vadge was trying to sabotage Kween’s set at Live 8. So there might have been some animosity over that.

I’ll grant you the Celina one was random af but I don’t think that was a serious quarrel like the Vadge or J.No feuds. In fact, there was a video from the early 2010s where Kween thanked Celina for her advice over having twins. Sadly, when Celina lost her brother and husband in a short span a few years later, Kween respectfully gave her condolences. I don’t know why she brought it up again in her memoirs, but I guess Kween felt that it was interesting enough to revisit that chapter in her life. I guess when Kween feels you haven’t given the proper respect to the all-time #1 black queen, she has to give it to you straight.
                                  Last edited by Goldmoney; Fri August 20, 2021, 18:07.

Comment

There were rumors at the time that Vadge was trying to sabotage Kween’s set at Live 8. So there might have been some animosity over that.

I’ll grant you the Celina one was random af but I don’t think that was a serious quarrel like the Vadge or J.No feuds. In fact, there was a video from the early 2010s where Kween thanked Celina for her advice over having twins. Sadly, when Celina lost her brother and husband in a short span a few years later, Kween respectfully gave her condolences. I don’t know why she brought it up again in her memoirs, but I guess Kween felt that it was interesting enough to revisit that chapter in her life.
                                    The ironic part of that whole story to me is her insistence that Miss Patti LaBelle told her she was right, seeing as she herself did the exact same thing ( only taking over far more) in the finale of a Diana Ross/ motown tribute. She faced backlash for it from the media and defended herself profusely over it. So I think Mariah misunderstood Patti completely and ran with it to validate her story when really we know she stepped back cos her voice was shot. Celine didnt do anything wrong.

I mean Patti was the Celine in this occurance.
                                    Last edited by InFamous; Fri August 20, 2021, 18:14.

Comment

The ironic part of that whole story to me is her insistence that Miss Patti LaBelle told her she was right, seeing as she herself did the exact same thing ( only taking over far more) in the finale of a Diana Ross/ motown tribute. She faced backlash for it from the media and defended herself profusely over it. So I think Mariah misunderstood Patti completely and ran with it to validate her story when really we know she stepped back cos her voice was shot. Celine didnt do anything wrong.
                                      You are the first person ever to say that about Mariah's voice in regards to Divas Live 1998. That's quite the statement. I disagree with you assessment of Mariah's voice.
                                      My Chart

Comment

When did Madonna say that ?
                                        In 1995. it made the news here in GER bc Mariah was queen here at the time. I could get you an article about it from my Bravo Magazine pile from that year.
                                        My Chart

Comment

I’ll grant you the Celina one was random af but I don’t think that was a serious quarrel like the Vadge or J.No feuds. In fact, there was a video from the early 2010s where Kween thanked Celina for her advice over having twins. Sadly, when Celina lost her brother and husband in a short span a few years later, Kween respectfully gave her condolences. I don’t know why she brought it up again in her memoirs, but I guess Kween felt that it was interesting enough to revisit that chapter in her life. I guess when Kween feels you haven’t given the proper respect to the all-time #1 black queen, she has to give it to you straight.
                                          What she said about Cline was not even shade... it was just her saying that she respects the earth, Aretha walked on.

But if I were Infamous, i could also post a video here in which Cline mocked Mariah during one of her concerts.
                                          My Chart

Comment

You are the first person ever to say that about Mariah's voice in regards to Divas Live 1998. That's quite the statement. I disagree with you assessment of Mariah's voice.
                                            No I am not.

Comment

No I am not.
                                              I've never read any review or heard anyone else say that. Maybe you could post a review to prove your claim?
                                              My Chart

Comment

• We all know that Madonna is an insecure bit**..
                                                She is infamous for that..
                                                She hates Mariah... probably jealousy of singing ability
                                                She can't sing.. even worse than JLo
                                                Last edited by Anderson; Fri August 20, 2021, 19:00.
                                                Mariah Carey x BTS
                                                #20th No.1

Comment

I mean Patti was the Celine in this occurance.
                                                  Of course not. Patti is properly singing, not hitting random notes.

Comment

• Celine loved and respected Aretha and what Mariah did and said was completey uncalled for and a LOT of people think that. If you think otherwize thats fine. At the end of the day Aretha ASKED for assistance to lift the song three times before Celine finally moved forward to help her . Anyway lets move on.
                                                    Last edited by InFamous; Fri August 20, 2021, 21:27.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X