Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
    We all know that Madonna is an insecure bit**..
    She is infamous for that..
    She hates Mariah... probably jealousy of singing ability
    She can't sing.. even worse than JLo
    I think J.Lo is a worse singer than Madonna. I think Madonna has a decent voice. I like her voice. She is good in ballads. You'll See is one of my favs.
    My Chart

Comment

• InFamous wrong timeline.
      My Chart

Comment

• Imagine calling this anything, but great!

My Chart

Comment

• divine.

My Chart

Comment

• I wonder what made Madonna feel that Mariah is stupid or not particularly bright. Since they’ve never met or had a conversation, which goes to show some people can judge you by the vibe you’re giving. Or Madge is just pressed that she feels Mariah is controlled and just obeyed whereas she had to fight tooth and nail to break it in the industry in the 80s.

I do hope one of these days these two can actually have a conversation and at least a photo. I can’t have the two biggest female acts in history go without having a momment.

Comment

• The 90s is such a far cry from now. The biggest acts barely see or talk to each other whereas today everyone is collating with everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                The 90s is such a far cry from now. The biggest acts barely see or talk to each other whereas today everyone is collating with everyone.
                We got some of the most iconic collabs in the 90s though:

Mariah & Whitney
                Brandy & Monica
                Steisand & Dion
                Mariah & Boyz II Men
                Mariah & Brian McKnight
                Mariah & Luther
                Janet & Luther
                Michael & Janet
                Streisand & Bryan Adams
                George Michael & Elton John
                Tina Arena & Marc Anthony
                Whitney & Enrique
                Whitney & George Michael
                Whitney & Deborah Cox
                Whitney & Faith Evans & Kelly Price
                Whitney & Bobby Brown
                Andrea Bocceli & Sarah Brightman
                Xtina & Ricky Martin
                Toni Braxton & Babyface
                My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                  There were rumors at the time that Vadge was trying to sabotage Kween’s set at Live 8. So there might have been some animosity over that.

I’ll grant you the Celina one was random af but I don’t think that was a serious quarrel like the Vadge or J.No feuds. In fact, there was a video from the early 2010s where Kween thanked Celina for her advice over having twins. Sadly, when Celina lost her brother and husband in a short span a few years later, Kween respectfully gave her condolences. I don’t know why she brought it up again in her memoirs, but I guess Kween felt that it was interesting enough to revisit that chapter in her life. I guess when Kween feels you haven’t given the proper respect to the all-time #1 black queen, she has to give it to you straight.
                  I mean I get your point BUT if I used pet names like these for other female acts I would have been reprimanded by the forum moderator but I guess once again the rules only apply with a bias.

So i will say it! Lets refrain from name calling, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                    We all know that Madonna is an insecure bit**..
                    She is infamous for that..
                    She hates Mariah... probably jealousy of singing ability
                    She can't sing.. even worse than JLo
                    How is this talk even allowed? I commented one time about Jlos relationship with ARod and I was being threatened with a violation and yet this is going on blatantly in the Mariah thread!? What I said wasnt even bad nor was it name calling...

can we please not feel the need to judge other other female singers and their abilities especially since Mariah is a far cry from 1991 and almost on par with Madonna & Jlo voice wise now

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post

How is this talk even allowed? I commented one time about Jlos relationship with ARod and I was being threatened with a violation and yet this is going on blatantly in the Mariah thread!? What I said wasnt even bad nor was it name calling...

can we please not feel the need to judge other other female singers and their abilities especially since Mariah is a far cry from 1991 and almost on par with Madonna & Jlo voice wise now

Really? Mariah of course is not close to her prime vocally wise, but seriously , not even in 100 reencarnations will any of those both entertainers be able to do 10% of what Mariah did with her WBT Valentine mix.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I think J.Lo is a worse singer than Madonna. I think Madonna has a decent voice. I like her voice. She is good in ballads. You'll See is one of my favs.
                        Madonna’s vocal tone is soothing and iconic, her range is standard but who cares

Mariah is a SANGer, in a league with only the best vocalists

If I failed to mention anyone, I must be forgetful

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post

I mean I get your point BUT if I used pet names like these for other female acts I would have been reprimanded by the forum moderator but I guess once again the rules only apply with a bias.

So i will say it! Lets refrain from name calling, please.
                          Yeesh, no wonder no one outside the perimeters of this topic wants anything to do with it if glum responses like these are to be expected. Let me exit before I turn into a plank.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                            I wonder what made Madonna feel that Mariah is stupid or not particularly bright. Since they’ve never met or had a conversation, which goes to show some people can judge you by the vibe you’re giving. Or Madge is just pressed that she feels Mariah is controlled and just obeyed whereas she had to fight tooth and nail to break it in the industry in the 80s.

I do hope one of these days these two can actually have a conversation and at least a photo. I can’t have the two biggest female acts in history go without having a momment.
                            I think Madonna said what she said about Mariah in the 90s (that she would kill herself rather than being Mariah Carey) because she had this perception that Mariah was being controlled by her label and was basically a puppet that was married to the label boss, and couldn't have a word on her career. It's fair to say that, to some extent, some of those things were true. And since Madonna stood out for freedom and transgression, the image of the sweet and poppy girl next door Mariah had at the time was what it was for her. We can't know if Madonna was aware of Mariah's artistic abilities, at the time or after that. But I think they've both moved on from that and Mariah has said nice things about Madonna ever since. Like someone else said, the 90s are long gone.
                            Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                            www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Some very delusional reading the past few pages
                              #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Juancito75 View Post
                                [/B]

Really? Mariah of course is not close to her prime vocally wise, but seriously , not even in 100 reencarnations will any of those both entertainers be able to do 10% of what Mariah did with her WBT Valentine mix.
                                That WBT extended version is the best thing MIMI did since Caution... such a great rendition. It's far better than the original studio version of WBT. In that version... Mariah's transcends music genres and goes back and forth between them - notably jazz and pop and R&B... for the live in me I cannot see J.Lo replicate that. So, I agree with you. I find it funny that some people would even suggest that.
                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

Madonna’s vocal tone is soothing and iconic, her range is standard but who cares

Mariah is a SANGer, in a league with only the best vocalists

If I failed to mention anyone, I must be forgetful
                                  Of course they're both in different levels when it comes to singing, since Madonna was never portraided as a vocalist, but she actually had a very good training for Evita and it really helped her in the following years (especially on Ray of Light). She can really put emotion into her singing so she can't be just written off as a vocalist (check her version of If You Go Away).
                                  Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                  www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post

I think Madonna said what she said about Mariah in the 90s (that she would kill herself rather than being Mariah Carey) because she had this perception that Mariah was being controlled by her label and was basically a puppet that was married to the label boss, and couldn't have a word on her career. It's fair to say that, to some extent, some of those things were true. And since Madonna stood out for freedom and transgression, the image of the sweet and poppy girl next door Mariah had at the time was what it was for her. We can't know if Madonna was aware of Mariah's artistic abilities, at the time or after that. But I think they've both moved on from that and Mariah has said nice things about Madonna ever since. Like someone else said, the 90s are long gone.
                                    What I don't get about Madonna is that she is heralded as this free spirit, this trailblazer and yet tore another female down who was living her truth... and when Mariah broke free... there were no words of celebration from Madonna, instead MadonnaNation.com went up and her fans were plotting MC killing fantasies and shamed her in the most ridiculous ways. But I digress... It's probably what pop culture demands of people... As many people have said, there is no bad blood between the two and some sort of them meeting would literally make my world stop.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• Lol at everything. I love how the trolls keep trolling on here like nothing
                                      Love all these queens and stop pitching these women against each other. Also they're entitled to express their opinion about others.
                                      lol ×10000000 to the one who says Mariah's voice was shot during DL

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                        Lol at everything. I love how the trolls keep trolling on here like nothing
                                        Love all these queens and stop pitching these women against each other. Also they're entitled to express their opinion about others.
                                        lol ×10000000 to the one who says Mariah's voice was shot during DL
                                        that was a ridiculous comment, I agree.
                                        My Chart

Comment

• The No 1. that got away. Should have been single No 2 from Einstein

" Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                                          Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• The fact she recorded a more difficult version of WBT earlier this year clearly shows that she is STILL in a league of her own vocally, certainly not on par with the aforementioned singers
                                            Last edited by myworld; Fri August 20, 2021, 22:43.

Comment

• FANTASY has debuted at 90 on this weeks singles SALES chart in the UK
                                              " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                                              Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                                Imma just leave this here. I’ve never seen this before!

No, she’s not.
                                                Never seen this before and she didn’t lie tho. That woman was trying to insult every big female singer that was making success in the 90s. I call that insecurity too

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Never seen this before and she didn’t lie tho. That woman was trying to insult every big female singer that was making success in the 90s. I call that insecurity too
                                                  It was also cool to shade fellow singers at the time... it has this rock & roll attitude to it.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• This is the video the clip comes from cause some people were thinking it was edited. 2:18

Comment

Working...
                                                    X