No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah songs which have gained at least 100k this week, ranked (Spotify)

01 - +1,434,417 - 2005 - We Belong Together
    02 - +1,321,093 - 1995 - Fantasy
    03 - +979,381 - 2009 - Obsessed
    04 - +966,784 - 1996 - Always be my Baby
    05 - +946,884 - 2003 - I Know What You Want
    06 - +716,186 - 1993 - Hero
    07 - +707,004 - 1994 - Without You
    08 - +581,814 - 2008 - Touch my Body
    09 - +504,452 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
    10 - +484,047 - 1995 - One Sweet Day
    --
    11 - +409,504 - 1998 - When You Believe
    12 - +391,494 - 2005 - Shake It Off
    13 - +376,576 - 1999 - Heartbreaker
    14 - +288,734 - 1994 - Endless Love
    15 - +284,662 - 1998 - My All
    16 - +274,490 - 1991 - Emotions
    17 - +260,638 - 2005 - It's Like That
    18 - +239,396 - 1995 - Fantasy Remix
    19 - +230,210 - 2013 - #Beautiful
    20 - +224,869 - 1992 - I'll Be There
    --
    21 - +212,769 - 1997 - Honey
    22 - +204,715 - 2000 - Against All Odds
    23 - +177,383 - 2008 - Bye Bye
    24 - +160,272 - 2000 - Thank God I Found You
    25 - +156,398 - 1993 - Dreamlover
    26 - +148,300 - 2009 - I Want To Know What Love Is
    27 - +138,804 - 1990 - Vision of Love
    28 - +115,714 - 2002 - Through The Rain
    29 - +115,606 - 2005 - Don't Forget About Us
    30 - +110,015 - 1997 - Breakdown
    --
    31 - +101,724 - 2008 - I Stay In Love
    My Chart

Comment

• ^ AMAZING!! I'm rooting for ABMB & Obsessed to cross the 1M mark weekly too next. I know O done it many times since it went viral, but not sure about ABMB...
      #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

Personal opinion, but a few of those infractions should have been bans. A couple of those involved have been pulling this ish for years.

Comment

• Omg I forgot how good Betcha Gon’ Know is

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
            Omg I forgot how good Betcha Gon’ Know is
            That was a classic. Remember when it would make the Bubbling Under chart for like 12 weeks or so? Amazing song.
            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

That was a classic. Remember when it would make the Bubbling Under chart for like 12 weeks or so? Amazing song.
              Betcha Gon Know spent two weeks on the bubbling under chart. It's chartrun was 3, 1, OUT.
              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
              Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• I don’t understand why people are trying to compare Madonna and Mariah. Yes, I understand the past shades.
                They are completely in different areas of music. Their sounds have always been so different and can be appreciated for different reasons. I have always love Madonna since the start. I’m an 80s kid who had cousins who were DJs. I heard everything!
                That said, with respect to Madonna, she doesn’t hold a candle next to Mariah vocally. Lyrically and poetically, they’re genius.
                but, Mariah’s vocals have always surpassed Madonnas. Still to this day. You can’t deny that.

I was in the third row of Madonna’s Drowned World Tour after Ray of Light album. It was amazing! I got the drumstick the drummer threw out to the audience during the breakdown of Holiday! Have it still! Loved this concert!

http://marcokircher.com
                http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                IG: marco235

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Betcha Gon Know spent two weeks on the bubbling under chart. It's chartrun was 3, 1, OUT.
                  I know. FLAB was the BBU staple.
                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I know. FLAB was the BBU staple.
                    Yes, a 22 week smasha

Comment

• Lyrical Genius!

My YT Channel!

Comment

• This BTS fan is kinda delusional lol

#vocal trinity
                        Last edited by Anderson; Sun August 22, 2021, 03:37.
                        Mariah Carey x BTS
                        #20th No.1

Comment

bm08 I think Morgan's lawsuit was dismissed, as Mariah's legal team requested. They had a hearing on their motion to dismiss today, and suddenly, all of the filings and court appearances are gone.
                          I saw a few days ago that they agreed to push the dates back to some time in September so this could be why? Weird the filings disappeared though. If it's settled or dismissed, we should find out in a few days when the system updates.

The Alison one is dead.

The Lianna ones, in both LA and NY, are done/settled - thankfully!
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                            I don’t understand why people are trying to compare Madonna and Mariah. Yes, I understand the past shades.
                            They are completely in different areas of music. Their sounds have always been so different and can be appreciated for different reasons. I have always love Madonna since the start. I’m an 80s kid who had cousins who were DJs. I heard everything!
                            That said, with respect to Madonna, she doesn’t hold a candle next to Mariah vocally. Lyrically and poetically, they’re genius.
                            but, Mariah’s vocals have always surpassed Madonnas. Still to this day. You can’t deny that.

I was in the third row of Madonna’s Drowned World Tour after Ray of Light album. It was amazing! I got the drumstick the drummer threw out to the audience during the breakdown of Holiday! Have it still! Loved this concert!
                            They both queens. Madonna has had good vocals at some point. I can only praise her because this woman is also out of this world.
                            And I disagree that they don't have anything in common. At some points they both have worked with the same people and they both are legends.
                            Celebrate them

Comment

• Fantasy continues to hold up well. The weekend box office helps!

Fantasy

iTunes:
                              #90 Canada
                              #119 United Kingdom
                              #130 United States
                              #199 Cayman Islands
                              #223 Switzerland
                              #335 Australia

Apple Music:
                              #563 United Kingdom

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I would love to hear Christina cover this again with her current vocals. She would definitely nail it with that dark and raspy texture of her voice and compliment it really well with her riffs and runs.

Comment

• Just ignore the title please. I love both of them. Both woman are so talented and have made so much impact and contribution in the music industry.

Anyway, I wanted to share it as I thought it’s cute that Mariah would sing a line from Beautiful. I believe that they are in good terms now and they have respect for each other, plus Mariah would acknowledge Christina by singing a snippet of her song (even it was just for two seconds though lol - “don’t you bring me now”). And that fact that she knows the song Beautiful means she does listen to Christina’s music secretly hahaha lollllll. I wish they would collaborate someday.

Comment

• What an underrated performance. Fantastic adlips. But whoever told her it’s a good idea to unbutton her jeans needs to be fired. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                                      What an underrated performance. Fantastic adlips. But whoever told her it’s a good idea to unbutton her jeans needs to be fired. Lol.

She probably just had a big lunch and did it herself.. I mean there is no way those buttons were closing ..

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                                        What an underrated performance. Fantastic adlips. But whoever told her it’s a good idea to unbutton her jeans needs to be fired. Lol.

Whoever told her to lounge in a hay recliner needs to be fired!
                                        I wanted to see her on her feet interacting with Miguel.

My YT Channel!

Comment

“Interacting”

Comment

• Ahhhh Beautiful..... I still play it all the time, but god knows Mariah ruined that song a little bit. It should've done so much better
                                            The song itself was close to greatness (the outro was meh, and Mariah needed to sing her chorus full voice and have some earlier adlibs.

But the big problem was the performances. They were all total crap and all due to Mariah lying down and lipsyncing instead of standing up and singing properly. Why she also messed around trying to do the harmony bit in "oh how you thrill me" during performances I'll never understand. It sounds so bad in every performance.

Everybody criticised the video at the time, but it's not too bad. The black strap dress on the motorbike was embarrassing, but the rest was cute. The barn scenes were actually quite good I thought

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                                              But the big problem was the performances. They were all total crap and all due to Mariah lying down and lipsyncing instead of standing up and singing properly. Why she also messed around trying to do the harmony bit in "oh how you thrill me" during performances I'll never understand. It sounds so bad in every performance.
                                              Harsh but true. There simply was no vocal confidence during that era. If she was "Caution" era confident things would have been different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                                                Ahhhh Beautiful..... I still play it all the time, but god knows Mariah ruined that song a little bit. It should've done so much better
                                                The song itself was close to greatness (the outro was meh, and Mariah needed to sing her chorus full voice and have some earlier adlibs.

Everybody criticised the video at the time, but it's not too bad. The black strap dress on the motorbike was embarrassing, but the rest was cute. The barn scenes were actually quite good I thought
                                                Agreed, her performances were lacklustre. I actually liked the video, I never understood what the big problem was with it.
                                                Last edited by InFamous; Mon August 23, 2021, 02:52.

Comment

Mariah is 5’9”, six feet in heels, and Miguel is a munchkin.

They made her sit for all of their performances, because women aren’t supposed to tower over men.

Comment

Mariah is 5’9”, six feet in heels, and Miguel is a munchkin.

They made her sit for all of their performances, because women aren’t supposed to tower over men.
                                                    Yeah I really dont buy that theory because Mariah likes to sit and recline anyway and does so in plenty of performances without Miguel.

Also referring to him as a munchkin is really rude and uncalled for.

Plus she wasnt sitting for all of them. And he actually looks taller than her here anyway or at least the same height despite her being in heels and him in flats. Only time she is towering over him when he is kneeling on the ground lol .

Last edited by InFamous; Mon August 23, 2021, 02:49.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X