Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Yeah I really dont buy that theory because Mariah likes to sit and recline anyway and does so in plenty of performances without Miguel.

Also referring to him as a munchkin is really rude and uncalled for.

Plus she wasnt sitting for all of them. And he actually looks taller than her here anyway or at least the same height despite her being in heels and him in flats. Only time she is towering over him when he is kneeling on the ground lol .

She looked so hot in that performance. 2013riah was something else.
    Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post

She looked so hot in that performance. 2013riah was something else.
      Yeah she looked amazing at that time.
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Yeah she looked amazing at that time.
        I remember a big lipsync scandal killed #B...
        #B should've been top3.

Comment

• He is 5cm shorter than her according to a quick google search. Add a few cm with her heels. You wouldn’t say in that performance you posted! I do feel this theory could be true, not per se because of the height, but because she would look kinda ‘huge’ next to him. This is no shade, but a matter of perspective. Remember the TAOM tour when she was dancing with those two dancers on Dreamlover? She also had voluminous hair during that performance, I mean she looked indeed like she was towering over them. I just don’t think it is something Mariah likes… I don’t mind, and I wished we had more performances like the one you posted, but televised.

I do think the performances played a role in the momentum, yet it is not the only factor. The song itself also lacks a bridge (like a lot of her songs during that era), more full vocals and less layering to be a bombshell hit. She looked hot in the video, but since it was premiered on AI it needed more than her just showing herself off. Although I do think the video is decent and far from her worst.
          Eudaimonia
          Last.fm
          Instagram

Comment

• I love the behind the scenes of her at Summer Jam. She was really feeling herself during that time, even with the social media posts.
            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Michiel View Post
              He is 5cm shorter than her according to a quick google search. Add a few cm with her heels. You wouldn’t say in that performance you posted! I do feel this theory could be true, not per se because of the height, but because she would look kinda ‘huge’ next to him. This is no shade, but a matter of perspective. Remember the TAOM tour when she was dancing with those two dancers on Dreamlover? She also had voluminous hair during that performance, I mean she looked indeed like she was towering over them. I just don’t think it is something Mariah likes… I don’t mind, and I wished we had more performances like the one you posted, but televised.

I do think the performances played a role in the momentum, yet it is not the only factor. The song itself also lacks a bridge (like a lot of her songs during that era), more full vocals and less layering to be a bombshell hit. She looked hot in the video, but since it was premiered on AI it needed more than her just showing herself off. Although I do think the video is decent and far from her worst.
              So you're saying Mariah permanently wears six inch heals cos she does not like to appear tall around her fellow stage members. Come on on now that theory literally makes no sense at all and you really have no idea how she feels about it. Mariah can be found reclining or sitting in plenty of performances when there is no one else anywhere near her. It is something she does regularly. ;)

Comment

So you're saying Mariah permanently wears six inch heals cos she does not like to appear tall around her fellow stage members. Come on on now that theory literally makes no sense at all and you really have no idea how she feels about it. Mariah can be found reclining or sitting in plenty of performances when there is no one else anywhere near her. It is something she does regularly. ;)
                That’s not what I said, I was talking about this specific situation, televised performances with a male. And of course I have no idea how she feels about it, but you disregarding it is as flawed cause you have no idea either ;)! Btw I think it played a role, what does not mean it is the sole reason as to why.
                Eudaimonia
                Last.fm
                Instagram

Comment

She probably just had a big lunch and did it herself.. I mean there is no way those buttons were closing ..
                  Disgusting, vile comment and insinuation. I have had it with your continuous, sly, derisive remarks towards Mariah disguised as 'fan criticism', the moderation team has shockingly been sleepwalking through. You best believe you're getting REPORTED.

Comment

• Dont waste your breath. Ive had discussions with the moderator to try and understand what counts as a violation and what does not. The goal posts keep moving depending on who the poster is.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post

Disgusting, vile comment and insinuation. I have had it with your continuous, sly, derisive remarks towards Mariah disguised as 'fan criticism', the moderation team has shockingly been sleepwalking through. You best believe you're getting REPORTED.
                      Slight over reaction

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                        Dont waste your breath. Ive had discussions with the moderator to try and understand what counts as a violation and what does not. The goal posts keep moving depending on who the poster is.
                        No lies detected

Comment

• Y’all do too much… discuss the music and stfu

Comment

That's the best performance of #B IMO, Mariah was a lot looser there, seemed more herself. I don't blame her for being extra nervous with the TV performances around that time, the media was really giving her a go. Which I always thought that was weird, because the fans weren't just discovering that she was lipping a bit on high profile performances, we'd already known that for years.

Comment

• Bringing it back to the music… the Fantasy potential.

Fantasy streams initially came up because of TikTok. I just compared Fantasy to Obsessed on the app.

Fantasy: 65,000 videos
                              Obsessed: 2,400,000 videos

Fantasy videos on TikTok are increasing again, and there is SO MUCH POTENTIAL!!

I’m so freaking excited!!!

Comment

• RE: Fantasy, I just want them to release that mix they were using in the trailer. That was pure fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4realmusic View Post
                                  RE: Fantasy, I just want them to release that mix they were using in the trailer. That was pure fire.
                                  It would be cool if they release that mix somehow. I know Jodie Comer fans also want her version released as well. Interesting the soundtrack didnt include those mixes. May be a label politics thing??

Anyways, in terms of Fantasy, it's climbing itunes still:

Fantasy

iTunes:
                                  #111 Canada
                                  #128 United States
                                  #190 United Kingdom

Apple Music:
                                  #540 United Kingdom

Comment

• Originally posted by Watlingstreet View Post

Slight over reaction
                                    Exactly. I was literally wearing jeans at the time that fit me when I am standing up but i need to open a couple buttons when I sit down. I was clearly joking.

Apologies if I offended anyone, it was not my intention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                                      Ahhhh Beautiful..... I still play it all the time, but god knows Mariah ruined that song a little bit. It should've done so much better
                                      The song itself was close to greatness (the outro was meh, and Mariah needed to sing her chorus full voice and have some earlier adlibs.

But the big problem was the performances. They were all total crap and all due to Mariah lying down and lipsyncing instead of standing up and singing properly. Why she also messed around trying to do the harmony bit in "oh how you thrill me" during performances I'll never understand. It sounds so bad in every performance.

Everybody criticised the video at the time, but it's not too bad. The black strap dress on the motorbike was embarrassing, but the rest was cute. The barn scenes were actually quite good I thought

Also the song live was a bit of a mess anyway, Miguel singing in a totally different key going all hyper when there you have MC whaling like she normally does without any energy, it’s so wrong.

My concept all along for the video or live performances was like a Grease momment where you have the guy group and girl group toying with each other bouncing back and forth until they fall into each other. They could do so much interesting choreography around it.

Comment

• It’s a shame that the variants are still running rampant. Had it been normal times we would have a World Premiere of Free Guy with all the stars there.

Mariah would surely be invited and I would think she’ll definitely go. We were cheated from another red carpet moment.

Also imagine Fantasy and perhaps some other of her hits playing in the background as she arrives.

Does anyone remember the Cannes momment for Precious when she was clearly the star of the event. I mean the cameras and paparazzi were glued to her when she arrived and she looked amazing. They then played Hero in the rain. Talk about glamorous and over the top. I always love it when the French call her Mari-R Car-Ri. Sends me all the time. Global Queen.

Comment

• Deleted
                                          Last edited by LambChild; Mon August 23, 2021, 16:24. Reason: Deleted
                                          funny how one can learn
                                          to grow numb to the madness
                                          and block it away

Comment

• You all really need to move on.

Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                            It’s a shame that the variants are still running rampant. Had it been normal times we would have a World Premiere of Free Guy with all the stars there.

Mariah would surely be invited and I would think she’ll definitely go. We were cheated from another red carpet moment.

Also imagine Fantasy and perhaps some other of her hits playing in the background as she arrives.

I keep thinking about how many moments we missed because of COVID. I definitely think she would have showed up for it and it would've been nice to see her and Reynolds interacting together.

The biggest pushback for her right now, though, is the Songwriters HOF ceremony!

Comment

• I was listening to TGIFY and it came to mind..
                                              what’s the most shocking/surprising collab Mariah ever done and you’d think she’d never do?

for me 98 is the most shocking. I always wonder how this happened, was a label decision? Mariah heard of the guys and wanted to collab? It’s a mystery to me. I mean Westlife I get it, they were the biggest boyband in the UK, but 98?!
                                              justin Bieber was also someone I would never thought she’d collab with

Comment

• On the topic of #Beautiful, I would love her to perform that song more in concert. Think it would play well to the casual fan and could sound anthemic with the right arrangement.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post
                                                  On the topic of #Beautiful, I would love her to perform that song more in concert. Think it would play well to the casual fan and could sound anthemic with the right arrangement.
                                                  Totally agree, and she should re- arrange it different for a live performance, add a cool intro and just sing it straight and remove the layers. It is such a great song. She made magic with Miguel and the song seems to be universally loved by all the lambs. I have never seen a single lamb say they don't love #Beautiful
                                                  Last edited by InFamous; Mon August 23, 2021, 18:05.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                                    I was listening to TGIFY and it came to mind..
                                                    what’s the most shocking/surprising collab Mariah ever done and you’d think she’d never do?

for me 98 is the most shocking. I always wonder how this happened, was a label decision? Mariah heard of the guys and wanted to collab? It’s a mystery to me. I mean Westlife I get it, they were the biggest boyband in the UK, but 98?!
                                                    justin Bieber was also someone I would never thought she’d collab with
                                                    At the time 98 were actually somewhat of a big deal in the US. They were probably the 3rd most popular boyband of the time and had more of an R&B sound compared to *NSYNC and BSB. As far as collabs go, even though it wasn’t a straight up duet, I loved that she worked with Skrillex and thought it was a definite out of the box moment for her.
                                                    funny how one can learn
                                                    to grow numb to the madness
                                                    and block it away

Comment

Working...
                                                    X