Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sYair View Post

    She looked so hot in that performance. 2013riah was something else.
    Always hated that look, she looks like Wilma from the Flinstones. lmao

    Comment




    • Comment


      • ^Amazing news!!! Happy it's done well for her!
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
          ^Amazing news!!! Happy it's done well for her!
          if only the song had half decent streams... like in the region of save the day... it got like 4,5 million audience impressions but literally no streams. I can't understand it.
          My Chart

          Comment


          • Emmy campaigning:



            VIDEO: https://www.goldderby.com/feature/br...al-1204409717/


            “We were in COVID and we were rolling into the Christmas season,” says Emmy nominee Bruce Grayson while discussing his opportunity to head up the makeup department for “Mariah Carey’s Magical Christmas Special.” “When asked if we could pull something like this off in the deep COVID months of 2020 I thought, ‘Well, this would be cool not only because it would be an accomplishment to get the industry up and running, but also to create a TV special with Mariah Carey.’ She owns Christmas.” Watch the exclusive interview with Grayson and six-time Emmy winner James Mackinnon above.

            The special premiered on Apple TV+ on December 4 with hopes of bringing Christmas cheer at the end of a year filled with heartache and uncertainty for many. It featured a large lineup of guest stars including Billy Eichner, Ariana Grande, Tiffany Haddish, Jennifer Hudson, Snoop Dogg and perhaps most importantly, Santa Claus! “I got the chance to do Santa Claus on the show so that was cool for me,” says Mackinnon.

            “My favorite Christmas looks are when you walk into a gathering and you see those simple makeups,” explains Grayson. “It’s basically one element and maybe some rosy cheeks to represent the cold winter season. For us it was really about the simplicity, so the storyboards that we created were all maybe one or two focus points. For Mariah, Kristofer Buckle, who is an outstanding makeup artist, handled her. She had about four different significant changes. “

            The Best Contemporary Makeup category is a catch-all for variety, nonfiction and reality programs. Grayson and Mackinnon were honored to be included among the nominees with four regular series: “Dancing With the Stars,” “Legendary,” “RuPaul’s Drag Race” and “Saturday Night Live.” “We did a full contemporary makeup show,” says Mackinnon. “I think those other shows are mixing a little bit of character makeup into their field. Out of the 80-some odd submissions, to get dropped down to five and have it so beauty-oriented instead of having charactery-type looks as well, I’m pretty proud of that.”

            This is Mackinnon’s 11th Emmy nomination to date. He has won six including three for “American Horror Story” and singular wins for “Nip/Tuck,” “Star Trek: Discovery” and “Star Trek: Picard.” Grayson has been nominated six times including three for makeup work on the Oscars and additional bids for “RENT” and “The Little Mermaid Live!” They share this nomination with their team consisting of Buckle, Angela Moos, Deborah Huss Humphries and Julie Socash.

            https://www.goldderby.com/feature/br...al-1204409717/
            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

            Comment


            • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

              if only the song had half decent streams... like in the region of save the day... it got like 4,5 million audience impressions but literally no streams. I can't understand it.
              That can happen a lot with that particular format. For example someone like Toni Braxton is still very dominant on that format - her singles go number one or at least top 5 and she has next to nothing in terms of streaming either.
              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
              Pronouns: He / Him

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                Ahhhh Beautiful..... I still play it all the time, but god knows Mariah ruined that song a little bit. It should've done so much better
                The song itself was close to greatness (the outro was meh, and Mariah needed to sing her chorus full voice and have some earlier adlibs.

                But the big problem was the performances. They were all total crap and all due to Mariah lying down and lipsyncing instead of standing up and singing properly. Why she also messed around trying to do the harmony bit in "oh how you thrill me" during performances I'll never understand. It sounds so bad in every performance.

                Everybody criticised the video at the time, but it's not too bad. The black strap dress on the motorbike was embarrassing, but the rest was cute. The barn scenes were actually quite good I thought
                Girl, the outro still remains one of the best things she's done in recent years.

                And I know Ally will back me up on this
                Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                  That can happen a lot with that particular format. For example someone like Toni Braxton is still very dominant on that format - her singles go number one or at least top 5 and she has next to nothing in terms of streaming either.
                  I think the biggest impact fans may have is with planning a sales push to perhaps give MC another entry on the "Hot R&B Songs" chart. A sales push combined with radio audience would mean that it is hitting on 2/3 metrics.
                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post

                    Girl, the outro still remains one of the best things she's done in recent years.

                    And I know Ally will back me up on this
                    I live for that #B outro!

                    It’s so good I wanted it as a bridge

                    Kaloki your favs could never

                    Comment


                    • What fans need to do going forward (especially if they continue to market to adult R&B) and if they want Mariah to have some sort of success is to NOT buy any new song that she releases and if you want to hear it just stream it at first. Then when it reaches the top 10 on the radio format as a congratulatory thing all the lambs should purchase it then. That way two main metrics will be in the top 10 of R&B at the same time (AirPlay and Sales).

                      it is strategies like this that will get Mariah a little higher chart position
                      Last edited by tee; Mon August 23, 2021, 23:28.

                      Comment


                      • Is this mariah ?




                        Last edited by itsawrap; Tue August 24, 2021, 00:05.
                        Me. I am Itsawrap.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by allygdale View Post

                          I live for that #B outro!

                          It’s so good I wanted it as a bridge

                          Kaloki your favs could never


                          Haha I just think all the whistles take away from the sing-a-long-ability of the song a little

                          ​​​​​​In a perfect world they would have tacked on the remix outro to the original instead. It's one of the best things Mariah has ever done.

                          Comment


                          • When I first heard the teaser, I was hooked! Such a fresh sound for her! We would go boating on the lake jamming to it!
                             
                            http://marcokircher.com
                            http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

                            My YT Channel!
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                            IG: marco235

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post

                              Disgusting, vile comment and insinuation. I have had it with your continuous, sly, derisive remarks towards Mariah disguised as 'fan criticism', the moderation team has shockingly been sleepwalking through. You best believe you're getting REPORTED.
                              I paid good money to ignore that troll and others, so it’s offensive that he 1)can still see my posts 2) isn’t getting banned or suspended like he was a year for pulling this same crap.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by tee View Post
                                What fans need to do going forward (especially if they continue to market to adult R&B) and if they want Mariah to have some sort of success is to NOT buy any new song that she releases and if you want to hear it just stream it at first. Then when it reaches the top 10 on the radio format as a congratulatory thing all the lambs should purchase it then. That way two main metrics will be in the top 10 of R&B at the same time (AirPlay and Sales).

                                it is strategies like this that will get Mariah a little higher chart position
                                This is interesting.
                                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                Pronouns: He / Him

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                  if only the song had half decent streams... like in the region of save the day... it got like 4,5 million audience impressions but literally no streams. I can't understand it.
                                  I suspect that the streams would be higher if the song was credited to Mariah and on her channels, especially for Spotify. J&L don't have that many followers. We have about a million streams each for YT, Spotify and Pandora. Much less than the song deserves.

                                  Comment


                                  • Yayyy! Nice lil genre hit for Mariah.

                                    Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

                                    Comment


                                    • Just watched Free guy in IMAX. My first time going to the movie since the pandemic. what I wouldn’t do for Mariah it was such a magic moment to hear Mariah on the big screen with full surround sound, her voice shines even more. I can’t get Fantasy out of my head anymore. Jodie’slullaby version made my eyes tear a lil bit.
                                      the “vintage Mariah” made the lol thinking of what Mariah would think. It reminded of that post from Shawn Mendes

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by banksy View Post

                                        I paid good money to ignore that troll and others, so it’s offensive that he 1)can still see my posts 2) isn’t getting banned or suspended like he was a year for pulling this same crap.
                                        Please don't be rude.. They are all Mariah fans.
                                        People gathering in this Mariah thread are probably the most genuine and biggest Mariah fans remained in the world.
                                        We should try to respect each other's differences.
                                        Last edited by Anderson; Tue August 24, 2021, 06:24.

                                        Comment


                                        • duex moi on Instagram posted a rumor about a trending 90’s song that’s in a new movie that will be rereleased as a duet with the singer and actor or actress. Does anyone know or heard if it’s fantasy?
                                          Me. I am Itsawrap.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                                            duex moi on Instagram posted a rumor about a trending 90’s song that’s in a new movie that will be rereleased as a duet with the singer and actor or actress. Does anyone know or heard if it’s fantasy?
                                            Those rumours are always made up

                                            Comment


                                            • Comment


                                              • Do you think Mariah has ever been envited to the Met Gala but she just declined?

                                                The rumoured guest list are mix of true icons and mostly questionable personality and its laughable lolz
                                                Last edited by SomeonesUglyDaughter; Tue August 24, 2021, 12:23.

                                                Comment


                                                • This is cute. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bocmyLiKHw

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter View Post
                                                    Do you think Mariah has ever been envited to the Met Gala but she just declined?

                                                    The rumoured guest list are mix of true icons and mostly questionable personality and its laughable lolz
                                                    I think so but I really dont think its her scene tbh.
                                                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X