Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While walking to work jamming to caution, lovely

Are we still using and celebrating Itunes positions? lol. It is nice, but it hardly holds any weight. Times have changed.
    Eudaimonia
    Last.fm
    Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by firefly_86 View Post

This is quite a random Top 5 to be fair; why are a 5 year old Andra Day song and No Diggity charting so high?!
      Because both have been discounted

Comment

• Originally posted by firefly_86 View Post

This is quite a random Top 5 to be fair; why are a 5 year old Andra Day song and No Diggity charting so high?!
        Simple fact is ITunes couldn’t be more irrelevant now, it’s a cute moment but means almost nothing. Tomorrow’s streams will tell you the interest in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michiel View Post
          While walking to work jamming to caution, lovely

Are we still using and celebrating Itunes positions? lol. It is nice, but it hardly holds any weight. Times have changed.
          I think it's a nice moment to celebrate tbh. And, to be fair, other artists do it too.

And are you talking about Caution the song or the album?

I am still so in love with this album tbh!
          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I think it's a nice moment to celebrate tbh. And, to be fair, other artists do it too.

And are you talking about Caution the song or the album?

I am still so in love with this album tbh!
            Oh yeah of course! It is just a personal thing, as I don't care about that much anymore. Her streams for an early 90's artists says it all tbh, it is a testimony to her legacy regardless of AIWFCIY. She has multiple international hits that have stood the test of time, most of her discography has tbh. More recognition would be welcome, but the positivity around her the last few years tells me it will come, albeit too slow and too late. But I think most fans think that about their idol. Deep down inside I even think she could still have a minor top 30 hit, more is just too difficult. She does not have the same weapons as the younger artists have, but at the same time her audience is very diverse. You never know, if she plays her cards right. She has that talent of combining current with timeless.

Caution, the album! It is just brilliant, to make such an album so deep in your career. Her love, work ethic and passion for music is truly something else, I guess it is also one of the reasons she is a little bit in front of most 90's artists (and of course because of her mid 00's success).
            Eudaimonia
            Last.fm
            Instagram

Comment

• Janet’s Control reached number 1 on iTunes after Justin’s apology and it was reported on the TV in the UK as Janet having a #1 album, just like Mariah when Glitter was.

If anything, it’s good press, so it’s positive.
              To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• She's holding on at that Top 10 on US iTunes at #6.

#moments

Comment

Well, she's trending on the app, the song didn't free-fall, gives her visibility and also its good press, she's been all over social media.
                  So why wouldn't we celebrate that?

It's not like she having a comeback, it's a nice moment for her and we're happy about it for what it is.

Comment

• She may be stalling MOAIA in order to get Skydiving and some of the remixes from IDJ. To do Memoirs week right she needs a lot of that unreleased material in her grasp.

As for the late night mix. With the super positive reception now she knows in which direction to take the next album. Jazz/soul/Raphael Saadiq/Salaam Remi

Comment

I mean, EVERYONE does it with their fave (even the own artists post about their iTunes positions) and for the right reasons!
                      I mean, how many time she's there during the year with other song other than AIW?
                      We celebrate #moments

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                        Janet’s Control reached number 1 on iTunes after Justin’s apology and it was reported on the TV in the UK as Janet having a #1 album, just like Mariah when Glitter was.

If anything, it’s good press, so it’s positive.
                        Yep!
                        Mariah has been had several iTunes moments lately (Glitter - two times, also E=MC2) and all of that have had a nice impact.
                        That would have never happened during '15-'17.
                        That means she's having good press and that her image has improved drastically since '18 onwards.
                        There's some love and respect on that and I like to embrace it after all those horrible years

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                          She may be stalling MOAIA in order to get Skydiving and some of the remixes from IDJ. To do Memoirs week right she needs a lot of that unreleased material in her grasp.
                          We're not getting Skidiving for the Memoirs week, nor unreleased stuff.
                          It will be just like any other Era from #MC30.

Comment

• Caution (album) is THAT bish and she did THAT.

Comment

• It's all about having moments, daahling. And splashes.

(all of which have found thier common place in me and my friends' vocabulary, they don't even know where it's from ☺)
                              I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Well, she's trending on the app, the song didn't free-fall, gives her visibility and also its good press, she's been all over social media.
                                So why wouldn't we celebrate that?

It's not like she having a comeback, it's a nice moment for her and we're happy about it for what it is.
                                I already explained above why I said that from my personal perspective. I know all of this ;)! You only quote me when I say something ‘questionable’ tbh, u ignore all the positive things, which is like 95 percent of my posts in this thread.
                                Eudaimonia
                                Last.fm
                                Instagram

Comment

• Don't get the obsession with Skydiving, I mean it's cute and all but I would prefer Imperfect if I had to choose.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

I rebuke dry vocals

Literally seven lambs like them, no SANGERs like Mariah ever do it dry

The point of reverb is to make a voice recorded in isolation sound natural

Reverb separates the vocal from the instrumental track so you can hear it more clearly

Dry vocals are for demo singers and rappers who talk rap/don’t sing
                                    I mean 'dry' as unedited vocal track as she sung to microphone and just mixed with instruments, no vocal corrections & etc!!! = recorded as "live" at home
                                    Last edited by ilearnedfromthebest; Thu February 18, 2021, 15:45.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                      Don't get the obsession with Skydiving, I mean it's cute and all but I would prefer Imperfect if I had to choose.
                                      I would be curious the hear the full mastered version of skydiving tbh, I hardly remember which version I was spinning back in the day... Imperfect had some cute strings if I remember correctly, but I found it rather bland lol.
                                      Eudaimonia
                                      Last.fm
                                      Instagram

Comment

Caution, the album! It is just brilliant, to make such an album so deep in your career. Her love, work ethic and passion for music is truly something else, I guess it is also one of the reasons she is a little bit in front of most 90's artists (and of course because of her mid 00's success).
                                        I think one of the things I love most about Caution is that it is grown and sexy - the lyrics are slick and she seems to be free. It's a simple thing, but even the explicit lyrics made it feel more contemporary. She also didn't try to overdo it. By that, I mean, there weren't too many bells and whistles or overly complicated lyrics. I love her ten pound thesaurus words, but the lyrics on the album are more accessible and witty.

There also seemed to be some experimental sounds (for MC). You could tell that she was really open to new producers and writers turning work by Poo Bear, Dev Hynes, Skrillex, etc into something rhythmic.

Perhaps the time crunch helped her a lot. It didnt allow her to pick the work apart too much and she finished it in a concentrated period of time. All of that showed pretty well on the album in terms of its cohesive lyrical content and production.

Comment

Don't get the obsession with Skydiving, I mean it's cute and all but I would prefer Imperfect if I had to choose.
                                          I would like to have them just to have them, but I am not that huge a fan of either. They remind me of songs like 100% which are nice for a moment but I rarely go back to them.

I would almost prefer getting some of the pepsi ringtones as an EP - even as jingles and not full songs! They are catchier to me and fun.

Comment

I think one of the things I love most about Caution is that it is grown and sexy - the lyrics are slick and she seems to be free. It's a simple thing, but even the explicit lyrics made it feel more contemporary. She also didn't try to overdo it. By that, I mean, there weren't too many bells and whistles or overly complicated lyrics. I love her ten pound thesaurus words, but the lyrics on the album are more accessible and witty.

There also seemed to be some experimental sounds (for MC). You could tell that she was really open to new producers and writers turning work by Poo Bear, Dev Hynes, Skrillex, etc into something rhythmic.

Perhaps the time crunch helped her a lot. It didnt allow her to pick the work apart too much and she finished it in a concentrated period of time. All of that showed pretty well on the album in terms of its cohesive lyrical content and production.
                                            I completely agree! It exhumes maturity and sex as you say! And the last sentences, I'm convinced of that too, although after hearing the latest podcast I'm afraid ! Deadlines just work for her I would think, with MIAMTEC she had way too much time I guess (also because of things out of her control obviously), and it is one of her worst albums (still very enjoyable obviously, it is MC). But yeah the album felt a bit forced, too much editing and too polished. Caution on the other hand, it feels natural, it is so much more pleasant to listen to. For me, it has a bit of that retro TEOM feel, but different. Definitely one of the best contemporary R&B albums of the 10's.
                                            Eudaimonia
                                            Last.fm
                                            Instagram

Comment

I would like to have them just to have them, but I am not that huge a fan of either. They remind me of songs like 100% which are nice for a moment but I rarely go back to them.

I would almost prefer getting some of the pepsi ringtones as an EP - even as jingles and not full songs! They are catchier to me and fun.
                                              I kinda feel that Imperfect sort of morphed its way into Obsessed over time and I personally feel the message of Imperfect was so much better than Obsessed. I have never been a fan of that song. I quite like 100 percent I have to say, I enjoy her vocal delivery. But having said that I wouldnt listen to it all that often.

Comment

Nahhhhhh.
                                                Skydiving is way better - even the unfinished version we got.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Nahhhhhh.
                                                  Skydiving is way better - even the unfinished version we got.
                                                  In your opinion sweetie. The beauty of personal taste

Comment

• Originally posted by Milano View Post
                                                    It's all about having moments, daahling. And splashes.

(all of which have found thier common place in me and my friends' vocabulary, they don't even know where it's from ☺)
                                                    yasss #moments & #splashes

Comment

Working...
                                                    X