Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    Someone mentioned the other day that Honey hasnt been given its shine and come to think of it, I agree. The song is so infectious and deserving of all praise!
    I think Honey is her best lead single—if not, at least top 3. I sometimes think her 90s lead singles can get lost within each other because they were always THE banger off the album and were released every other late summer/early fall followed by a ballad. The releases were very formulaic and I think a lot of time people thought the sounds may have been too and that she may have been repeating herself. I think they’re all different and stand on their own but Honey especially gets lost in the shuffle when Emotions, Fantasy, and HB are more party-ready.
    funny how one can learn
    to grow numb to the madness
    and block it away

Comment

Netflix confirms Jade Ewen as Mariah for Luis Miguel - The Series

Jade's instagram:
      https://www.instagram.com/p/CSywnD1tqzX/
      I’m excited for this. I love this series

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
        Honey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Heartbreaker

Heartbreaker is far too busy for me. IT has far too much going on. Honey is far better.
        I can't make a choice between the two...
        Both are super catchy..
        Perfectly perfect vocally and melodically..
        Mariah Carey x BTS
        #20th No.1

Comment

Jade's instagram:
          She looks nothing like Mariah.

Comment

• her best lead single is It's Like That imo. Amazing song and it had such a tough job ahead and delivered amazingly.
            CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
            FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• Who?

Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Jade's instagram:

Comment

• I need that Time Of Your Life remix
                funny how one can learn
                to grow numb to the madness
                and block it away

Comment

• jaden is stanning so hard for Mariah in Instagram stories . She’s so happy she’s playing her idol

and Mariah must be satisfied a mixed girl is playing her after she accused Luis Miguel in her book of saying shes white because she looks white

Comment

• Interesting insight here:

Marketing Whiz Ileana Diez Wants to Help Artists Grow Their Empires
                    https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...ist-interview/

Billboard: During Mariah Carey’s time at Roc Nation — she moved to Range Media Partners for management earlier this year — her already-giant Christmas business got even bigger: “All I Want For Christmas Is You” hit No. 1 on the Hot 100, and the following year, she had an Apple TV+ Christmas special. How do you elevate what already feels like an empire?

It’s taking a step back and asking, “Where haven’t we spoken before? What haven’t we done?” We were thinking about partnerships she’s never done, doing things with DSPs in ways she’s never done before — we did a mini doc with Amazon. It’s also not always focusing on [getting bigger], but on what little individual moments could be special to people, especially for Christmas, which has such an emotional connection. My benchmark of success is: How do I get local news talking about something? Because if local news stations are talking about something, it becomes this ripple effect.

You also oversaw Carey’s 2020 merchandise and grew sales roughly 500% over the previous year, according to Roc Nation. What’s the key to a good merch business?

Getting to know your audience really well. What are their buying habits? What are the items they wanted from us last year? Sometimes people just throw a picture on a t-shirt, but we paid tremendous attention to detail to make sure people would be proud to wear what we were putting out.

For Mariah, we had a lot of campaigns running last year: the 30th anniversary [of her debut], the memoir [The Meaning of Mariah Carey], Christmas. It was about frequently putting out fresh merch that tapped into tentpole moments — it wasn’t just general Mariah merch. And we released all her titles on vinyl, some of which had never been released on vinyl before. They all had color variants selected by Mariah. We were making sure we had those details that told the story of the record and of that moment in time.

It seems like there are a lot more opportunities to get creative with catalog artists now.

Yeah, but you also run into danger as well. People who have a catalog will just throw up their vinyl because vinyl is selling well and [call it] a box set. So it’s about having a little more attention to detail with the buying audience — not everyone wants to buy a $200 vinyl box set.

Artists need to be sensitive to the fact that you’re constantly asking fans to buy things, so merch needs to feel special, collaborative and inclusive of them. I would never want to push products for the sake of pushing a product. And that’s why last year was the year we chose to release all these vinyls [for Carey], because that’s when it made sense to the story. Fans are smart as hell. They’ll see when you’re trying to do something for a money grab.
                    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Honey was her best lead single and video… til this day. Not to mention she’s never sounded better on record. The vocals are insane.

Comment

Interesting insight here:

Marketing Whiz Ileana Diez Wants to Help Artists Grow Their Empires
                        https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...ist-interview/

amazon mini doc?

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

amazon mini doc?
                          This one

Comment

This one

oh I thought she was spilling the beans for an upcoming doc

Comment

Someone mentioned the other day that Honey hasnt been given its shine and come to think of it, I agree. The song is so infectious and deserving of all praise!

Ahem…that someone would be moi.

Comment

• God I wish we had a Lollipop Bling commercial type thing for Fantasy OG because I’be been waiting 26 years to hear dem BGVS without the beat

“ohhhh ohhh ohhh so badly”

The bgvs on the original are so intricate

Comment

• The way we can hear Mariah sing “if I were Roger with Genie, yeah” on “Malibu” in that deep tone in the background is such a tease, I am enraged she hasn’t put her version of that song out yet with Olivia Rodrigo having the song of the summer

Comment

jaden is stanning so hard for Mariah in Instagram stories . She’s so happy she’s playing her idol

and Mariah must be satisfied a mixed girl is playing her after she accused Luis Miguel in her book of saying shes white because she looks white
                                    I hope they don't portray Mariah in a bad light. My sister loves that show but she doesn't like Mariah. Says she looks like a monkey with make up.
                                    Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Kris posted on instagram that he may be working on a secret project in Cali. Not sure if it's for Mariah though. She's been spending most of the time in ATL.

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post

I hope they don't portray Mariah in a bad light. My sister loves that show but she doesn't like Mariah. Says she looks like a monkey with make up.
                                        That’s a disgusting commentary from your sister

about the show I don’t think they will try to portrait her as the bad guy, but I’m curious if we’re gonna know anything about their split we haven’t been known yet. I wonder if they had an nda signed and they can’t discuss about some personal issues because Mariah didn’t say much in the book either

Comment

• That article makes me wish she would have stayed at roc nation! I think her business grew the most there. If caution was this huge mega hit like TEOM, im sure she would have stayed.

Comment

Kris posted on instagram that he may be working on a secret project in Cali. Not sure if it's for Mariah though. She's been spending most of the time in ATL.
                                            Since Liron confirmed that Mimi wasn't in Mexico recently I wonder where she did the pics for Black Irish?

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post

Since Liron confirmed that Mimi wasn't in Mexico recently I wonder where she did the pics for Black Irish?

Comment

• Look, I've unfortunately never been to Ireland... but I never realised that it had tropical locales with white sandy beaches and palm trees that could be confused for a Caribbean coastline.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                                    Look, I've unfortunately never been to Ireland... but I never realised that it had tropical locales with white sandy beaches and palm trees that could be confused for a Caribbean coastline.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X