Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sYair View Post

Since Liron confirmed that Mimi wasn't in Mexico recently I wonder where she did the pics for Black Irish?
    Like what I posted a few days ago I think it could be shot / filmed in the Bahamas near her house
    she still own her house there right?

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
      Netflix confirms Jade Ewen as Mariah for Luis Miguel - The Series

Jade's instagram:
      https://www.instagram.com/p/CSywnD1tqzX/
      I think it's a great choice. She doesn't have to look like Mariah, actors rarely look identical to the people they're playing.
      What's more important is they chose a biracial actress, considering that according to Mariah, Luis Miguel struggled to see her as 'black' and wouldn't understand her race at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhenUWalkBy View Post

I think it's a great choice. She doesn't have to look like Mariah, actors rarely look identical to the people they're playing.
        What's more important is they chose a biracial actress, considering that according to Mariah, Luis Miguel struggled to see her as 'black' and wouldn't understand her race at all.
        I wonder did Netflix ever consult or interview Mariah before they started writing the scripts.

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter View Post
          ^until now I'm still amazed on that picture and the process of the shoot it looks totally not human to have her neck on that position hehe
          I don't think I've noticed that before... or if I had, I promptly forgot it.

Interesting...

I don't want to think they airbrushed her neck like that... it has to be real, right?
          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• The top 5 songs on the UAC format are all posting negatives but they are so high up it's gonna be a while before they come down, especially with Somewhat Loved only posting small gains now.

Hopefully it's able to push forward.
            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

I think the actress doesn't look like Mariah that much, but I'm happy they went for a foreign actress. I'm not optimistic of the treatment they will give to Mariah, in Latin America media keep insisting she checked in the hospital in 2001 because LM ended their relationship and she couldn't handle it...let's just wish for the best, but I certainly don't expect they're going to tell the truth, they will likely insist that Mariah was so depressed after this guy dumped her that she had her breakdown, I think I'll be happy if they won't add more fuel, like hinting LM had good reasons to take Mariah out of his life, but I'm eager at the same time to see how they will tell the story, because that part is a mistery even for lambs.

Comment

• I'm just hoping they don't insinuate Eminem had anything to do with the break up

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
                  I'm just hoping they don't insinuate Eminem had anything to do with the break up
                  I always remember that “me and Luis were tryin to stick 2 cds in the same slot” line I wonder if Luis Miguel will address from his side that he thinks that she cheats or something

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I always remember that “me and Luis were tryin to stick 2 cds in the same slot” line I wonder if Luis Miguel will address from his side that he thinks that she cheats or something
                    It was one of the rumours, that Mariah cheated with M&M so he dumped her. but that came from the states. In Latam where he is so popular, media repeated so many times that Mariah couldn't stand being without LM to the point she had to be hospitalized that everyone and his dog believed the lie. That's what people want to see at the end, so I guess that's what they're going to offer in the miniseries...

Comment

• Originally posted by Juancito75 View Post

It was one of the rumours, that Mariah cheated with M&M so he dumped her. but that came from the states. In Latam where he is so popular, media repeated so many times that Mariah couldn't stand being without LM to the point she had to be hospitalized that everyone and his dog believed the lie. That's what people want to see at the end, so I guess that's what they're going to offer in the miniseries...
                      In brazil I was little at the time but I remember everyone commenting she tried to commit suicide because Luis Miguel left her

Comment

• why is trademarking this phrase I never heard she saying? maybe it's from a future song?

Comment

• I’ve got a feeling we’re going to be inundated with stuff by the time September hits full stride. I’m not sure how I feel about compacting everything so close to Christmas. I know it’s her season but I would like some spaced out projects.

the problem last year was too much was going on by the time Rarities hit that it kinda was overwhelming and too much, then Christmas.

We need a spring summer bop or banger please in 2022 please

Comment

• Songs that should be used in Rihanna’s fashion show: I’ve Been Thinking About You, such a fashion show song, it’s made for the runway, a brisk pace and lewk after lewk, cameras flashing
                            Last edited by allygdale; Fri August 27, 2021, 18:21.

Comment

• Fantasy climbs UK sales charts
                              #78 - Official Singles Downloads (+11)
                              #80 - Official Singles Sales (+10)

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                I’ve got a feeling we’re going to be inundated with stuff by the time September hits full stride. I’m not sure how I feel about compacting everything so close to Christmas. I know it’s her season but I would like some spaced out projects.

the problem last year was too much was going on by the time Rarities hit that it kinda was overwhelming and too much, then Christmas.

I agree. But didn't we get a new song this spring/summer?
                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                  I’ve got a feeling we’re going to be inundated with stuff by the time September hits full stride. I’m not sure how I feel about compacting everything so close to Christmas. I know it’s her season but I would like some spaced out projects.

I hope so. This year we only got WIB music video, WBT Late Night and SL. I am thirstaaaaaaaaay.
                                  Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                  www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

Fantasy climbs UK sales charts
                                    #78 - Official Singles Downloads (+11)
                                    #80 - Official Singles Sales (+10)
                                    Next year she should do a world tour and the opener should be Fantasy with that AMAs style intro.
                                    Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post

Next year she should do a world tour and the opener should be Fantasy with that AMAs style intro.
                                      The fantasy dance remix/OG/ODB remix intro mashup on the SSFT was amazing

Comment

• I feel MC is def filming something in LA. Her “non work” makeup artist is at her own home while Kris posted being busy in LA. She uses Kris for official things so it would make sense that Ana has time off.

Plus Daniel Moore is in Cali along with parts of her band and a stylist she works with.

Will be interesting to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I agree. But didn't we get a new song this spring/summer?
                                          Somewhat Loved is not a bop nor a banger and not a good song full stop. I was over it in a day.

Comment

• Yeah, I was hoping for a 2022 spring/summer release, considering 2019, 2020 and 2021 all had big campaigns. We been spoiled!
                                            So far it's been nothing, another November album would be a bad idea so I hope they've planned her new album to 2023.
                                            Or maybe we're getting a third Christmas album (together with the Apple special) and that's why it's been so silent throughout the year? Idk how I feel about this (as her Christmas projects will never top AIW/MC anyway) but at least it would explain the silence.

Comment

I feel MC is def filming something in LA. Her “non work” makeup artist is at her own home while Kris posted being busy in LA. She uses Kris for official things so it would make sense that Ana has time off.

Plus Daniel Moore is in Cali along with parts of her band and a stylist she works with.

Will be interesting to see.
                                              I want another Mimi’s late night session!

Comment

Yeah, I was hoping for a 2022 spring/summer release, considering 2019, 2020 and 2021 all had big campaigns. We been spoiled!
                                                So far it's been nothing, another November album would be a bad idea so I hope they've planned her new album to 2023.
                                                Or maybe we're getting a third Christmas album (together with the Apple special) and that's why it's been so silent throughout the year? Idk how I feel about this (as her Christmas projects will never top AIW/MC anyway) but at least it would explain the silence.
                                                I think something to consider as well is how Mariah works and tbh she is kind of stuck in it unless she doesnt take time off.

She usually has an intense 4Q so she rests and records in Q1/Q2. This leaves Q3 as her sweet spot if she can get things done in time - but we know with new music she doesnt like being rushed, no matter the end result (e.g. Caution).

Hopefully with not having to do touring she can reshuffle this structure.

I think another thing for us to appreciate is that just because she's quiet, doesn't mean she's not working.

Comment

but we know with new music she doesnt like being rushed, no matter the end result (e.g. Caution).
                                                  And yet back in the 90’s when she used to record a new album annually, the quality of her materials was just out of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

And yet back in the 90’s when she used to record a new album annually, the quality of her materials was just out of the world.

That’s 20-30 years ago when she was again, chained to the studio. She didn’t have any other commitments i.e. children. She was doing very limited amounts of touring. Since 2014, touring has been her predominant source of revenue generation. This period of time is the first time in the bones of a decade where she isn’t performing regularly so she has the time to be recording at her own pace.

As others said though, just because she is quiet, it doesn’t mean she’s recording a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X