No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is entertaining a troll still a thing???

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
      It still randomly pisses me off how slept on Caution was
      Yeah it was a shame tbh, I listened to it today for the first time in a while and it still sounds so good. I don't even skip A no no these days
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Yeah it was a shame tbh, I listened to it today for the first time in a while and it still sounds so good. I don't even skip A no no these days
        I never stopped listening to caution, I even rediscover some love for with you and portrait

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Mariah herself doesnt sit and submit these things. Lol. She has tonnes of people involved including other artists, label, management etc etc. Even if she feels some sort of way, I am sure the other writers, engineers etc etc would love to be recognised so it is unfair to them to not at least submit.

That aside though, if the Grammys are about the best work, then her comments shouldnt matter. But even so, her comments are in line with what other stars and fans of other artists have said as well.
          Other stars have said worse about the Grammys and still won Grammys, after making those comments. There's just an anti-Mariah bias in the industry. She won't get her proper due until she's gone.

And I must echo the previous sentiment...why are we entertaining a known troll?

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I never stopped listening to caution, I even rediscover some love for with you and portrait
            I always liked With you, that second verse is lush. Sounds great on the album and I like Portrait too - appreciate the raw vocals she served.

Best songs for me though are Caution and The Distance

Comment

• Happy Anniversary Music Box!

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Random thought. Just revisited the You’re Mine and Oh Santa Remixes EP. They are such great playlists for my morning sprint on the treadmill.

Comment

• Mariah's shaded the Grammys a few times. It's not like she went on promotion talking trash about the Grammys all the time. There are other artists who have shaded the Grammy in their songs and they still received noms

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                    Random thought. Just revisited the You’re Mine and Oh Santa Remixes EP. They are such great playlists for my morning sprint on the treadmill.
                    The You're Mine remixes are spectacular and underrated. The Gregor Salto remix >>>>

Comment

Same! I didn't like Portrait because her voice sounds so forced, but I've been turning it up lately!

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                        Random thought. Just revisited the You’re Mine and Oh Santa Remixes EP. They are such great playlists for my morning sprint on the treadmill.
                        The You're Mine (Etermal) remixes actually didn't do too bad for being dance remixes. And they are so strong. I love the Fedde LeGrand and the Gregor Salto versions.

In this playlist, I only had one remix of each, except for YME because they are both so good and popular!

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                          Mariah's shaded the Grammys a few times. It's not like she went on promotion talking trash about the Grammys all the time. There are other artists who have shaded the Grammy in their songs and they still received noms
                          Ariana trashed the Grammy and refused to perform then everyone thought she’d be snub and she won

Comment

Ariana trashed the Grammy and refused to perform then everyone thought she’d be snub and she won
                            Didn't they totally snub her the year after though, even when she eventually did perform ? I remember her stans making comparisons to 1996 and Daydream on twitter. I think the first year the votes might have been done by the time she had her ridiculous meltdown and refused to go
                            So many female artists have had huge albums receive a lot of noms and leave empty handed - Mariah, Ariana, Rihanna, Katy. Maybe there are more. I think last year there seemed to be a move away from a big huge sweep for one artist and things seemed to be a bit more balanced with awards being split between people.

Comment

• ^At least she got nominated

That’s an important distinction.

Comment

^At least she got nominated

That’s an important distinction.
                                Maybe they wanted to get her there and then snub her But yeah who knows how they work really. Personally I think Mariah is over the Grammys at this stage, I am not sure she would even want to attend if she were to be nominated.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Maybe they wanted to get her there and then snub her But yeah who knows how they work really. Personally I think Mariah is over the Grammys at this stage, I am not sure she would even want to attend if she were to be nominated.
                                  Yeah the inner workings being so obscure it is difficult to see what matters and what not. I guess that is the chief criticism anyways.

Anyway, yeah she doesnt need anything at this stage. It’s all fluff and padding.

Comment

• As much as Mariah has trash talked the Grammys (as have most artists at this point), I’m sure she would appreciate new nominations or wins if they were to come her way.

Assuming her team makes strategic submissions, this year it seems is very likely for her to score a couple nominations...

Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media - Mariah Carey’s Magical Christmas Special (Apple TV+ Soundtrack)

Best Music Film - Mariah Carey’s Magical Christmas Special
                                    (Note: This nom might even be more likely to happen this year bc the Grammys have made music documentaries ineligible)

Best Spoken Word Album - The Meaning of Mariah Carey
                                    (Considered a frontrunner for the win vs Barack Obama)

All 3 of those noms are highly likely. She could be considered in other categories for stuff from The Rarities or “Somewhat Loved” but the above are her best bets.

Comment

• Touch My Body is really that girl. Nothing sounds like it… Issa bop! Not to mention the lyrics are genius. Her and The-Dream did that

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                        Touch My Body is really that girl. Nothing sounds like it… Issa bop! Not to mention the lyrics are genius. Her and The-Dream did that
                                        I don*t like the song that much. E=MC˛'s hidden diamond is For The Record.
                                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post
                                          As much as Mariah has trash talked the Grammys (as have most artists at this point), I’m sure she would appreciate new nominations or wins if they were to come her way.

Assuming her team makes strategic submissions, this year it seems is very likely for her to score a couple nominations...

Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media - Mariah Carey’s Magical Christmas Special (Apple TV+ Soundtrack)

Best Music Film - Mariah Carey’s Magical Christmas Special
                                          (Note: This nom might even be more likely to happen this year bc the Grammys have made music documentaries ineligible)

Best Spoken Word Album - The Meaning of Mariah Carey
                                          (Considered a frontrunner for the win vs Barack Obama)

All 3 of those noms are highly likely. She could be considered in other categories for stuff from The Rarities or “Somewhat Loved” but the above are her best bets.
                                          For me, the only one that may stand a shot is Best Spoken Word Album...but her competition isnt just Obama, it is also Matthew McConaughey. Whether Amazon takes out ads and try to go for it may be determinative.

Same thing with Apple. If they put out some great FYC ads, maybe it will be able to secure nods for the Special.

Comment

Happy Anniversary Music Box!

Top 3 in my Mariah Discography, Daydream, Butterfly and Music Box are the holy trinity.

Comment

• I love Music Box. I'm actually listening to it right now. I own 2 copies of the album on CD and I'm planning on getting the Vinyl soon.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Just to hold you once again and All I've ever wanted are truly underrated. Both have incredible melodies and outstanding background vocal productions.
                                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I don*t like the song that much. E=MC˛'s hidden diamond is For The Record.
                                                  Actually Touch My Body is the song I continue to go back to on E=MC2. Migrate as well though I kinda wished the production was a bit harder hitting bass wise (like Obsessed) otherwise it's a great song and should've been a 2nd or 1st single as we've said many times. I'll Be Loving You long Time as well....that should be released as a 3rd single in that order.

Everything else on the album I can't say has held up well for me, they all seem a bit of a lower quality to me similar to most of the MOIA albums. I think ever since DFAU all the slow or mid-tempo ballad types (like Love Story, Last Kiss, Thanx 4 Nothin, For Record, Bye Bye) just doesn't quite reach those heights.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                    Just to hold you once again and All I've ever wanted are truly underrated. Both have incredible melodies and outstanding background vocal productions.
                                                    No MUSIC BOX (the single) is actually the most underrated song on that album. It's a mood and a complete vibe instantly when the first chime hits.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X